Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 885
  1. #351
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,571
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    This is how you end up with Bibbys, two pairs of Deathwishes, Lhasa Pows and Protests.
    Yup. I'm at 2 Bibbys, 1 Deathwish, 1 Tahoe, and a whole bunch of non-Moments. Wildcat 108 and Deathwish Tour will likely join the herd soon enough.

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    70

    Moment Skis Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Quick take on the regular wildcat 108 proto In 190 mounted with shifts. This is one of the best skis Iíve been on in ten years. Runs damp and remains strong through the entire turn. Not a lot of camber, yet has good pop. For me, at least, it is a what a modern charger should be, stable playful and powerful. Prefers to be driven through the tips, can be skied from the center as well. Weight is around 2160g/ski, with shift 3025g/ski.


    Straight pull 186ish? Looking at these replacing my 186 SN108s, more confirmation bias required
    Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oberstdorf
    Posts
    181
    Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Straight pull 186ish? Looking at these replacing my 186 SN108s, more confirmation bias required
    Cheers


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Straight pull 188 and a couple tenths.

    Mounted at -100 from tip or -6 from center. Would not go back.

    Rocker profile same as wildcat 118 perhaps less camber makes the rocket line look deeper. Melee correct me if Iím wrong.

  4. #354
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiersLeft View Post
    Straight pull 188 and a couple tenths.

    Mounted at -100 from tip or -6 from center. Would not go back.

    Rocker profile same as wildcat 118 perhaps less camber makes the rocket line look deeper. Melee correct me if I’m wrong.
    The 108 goes in the classic Bibby/Wildcat mold.

    That being said different materials can affect the camber. In the case of the Wildcat 108 the Ash has a tendency to reduce camber, but since its skinnier than its 116/118 counterpart it counteracts this with an increase in camber.

    I can get you guys a measurement but its pretty damn close to the standard Wildcat 116/118

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Oberstdorf
    Posts
    181



    Wildcat 108 and bibby next to each other. Looks the same to me.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    70
    Thanks guys


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    602
    holy crap those look nice.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Cy so youíve stopped touring on the BC120 w Shifts like in your blister review?
    Yeah.... Big days in Grand Teton made me want another riser, and I kept having to ski them on terrible rocky exits that were not good for a light, wide ski like that haha. So, for now, they're my lady's inbounds pow sticks, she regularly skis a 171, but loves these in a 184 for just about any conditions.

    Ideally, I'd have three touring setups, BC 120 or Wildcat tour with Shift for deep days, Deathwish tour for everything in the middle, and BC 100 for spring stuff.

    But I'm starting to move away from big quivers, and instead get more comfortable on a single ski throughout a wider range of conditions. Which I'd assume the new Deathwish tour will be perfect for.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,296
    B/c I'm not sifting through 15pages of Deathwish love, the search function stinks, and <insert other excuses>...

    What's the verdict on the Meridian 107 (187) as a everyday/do all inbounds ski? Blister seems to like it and it looks interesting...in numbers and actual looks.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    No thanks. I'll stick with porn. - Benny

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    B/c I'm not sifting through 15pages of Deathwish love, the search function stinks, and <insert other excuses>...

    What's the verdict on the Meridian 107 (187) as a everyday/do all inbounds ski? Blister seems to like it and it looks interesting...in numbers and actual looks.
    IDK, but Deathwishes are fucking great.

  11. #361
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,735
    But seriously, my buddy grabbed a pair of 107s this year and hasn't touched his PB&Js since. He's loves the combo of easy to release into all turn shapes and stiffness in choppy stuff. They are solid on groomers but lack energy of cambered ski from the few runs I"ve had on them.

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    But seriously, my buddy grabbed a pair of 107s this year and hasn't touched his PB&Js since. He's loves the combo of easy to release into all turn shapes and stiffness in choppy stuff. They are solid on groomers but lack energy of cambered ski from the few runs I"ve had on them.
    This is a pretty sold assessment. The Meridian 107s absolutely rail a lot of different turn shapes, are really easy to initiate a turn with and are fairly stiff but not overwhelming due to the full rocker.

    I will say the downside to full rocker is that you don't get the dampening and suspension of camber. When pushing and trying to gain energy through transitions you need to be a bit more aggressive than with a cambered ski because it doesn't load up the ski for you like one with camber would.

  13. #363
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    ....When pushing and trying to gain energy through transitions you need to be a bit more aggressive than with a cambered ski because it doesn't load up the ski for you like one with camber would.
    And with the Meridian in particular you gots to push hard at speed. They are stiff motherfuckers.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Magically whisked away to...Delaware
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    And with the Meridian in particular you gots to push hard at speed. They are stiff motherfuckers.
    As a fat mf'er...this might be what I'm looking for. ...or maybe I want a Deathwish...DAMMIT choices!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

    No thanks. I'll stick with porn. - Benny

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    As a fat mf'er...this might be what I'm looking for. ...or maybe I want a Deathwish...DAMMIT choices!!!!
    I'd defer to Melee on most recent Deathwish as I haven't been on the beefed up version, but I wouldn't put anyone who is a strong skier but is >200# on an older DW, even the 190.

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    mammoth
    Posts
    105
    Meridians are stiff, forgiving, and playful. They don't seem to have an apparent speed limit and slashing the tails is super easy. It's weird saying all those things about one ski but I haven't had a bad day on my Meridian 107s - they were my DD for 2017-2018. Fwiw, that's me on them in my little avatar pic thing.

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Cascades
    Posts
    428
    I am a skinny mf'er who sometimes wears and very much enjoy the 187cm Meridian as a do-everything inbounds ski. You can definitely feel the stiffness and full rocker (i.e. not much suspension) when hitting chop at speed, but the maneuverability is worth the bumpy ride. The float is pretty impressive, and the stiff tails (well, stiff everything I guess) make a solid landing platform if you like to huck your meat a little.

    Only times I don't take the Meridian these days is if I'm going to be mostly in the park. Don't want to beat them up on rails, and they're too stiff for me to butter unless I really crank my heel DIN, which I don't want to do. I regret not mounting them with Pivots.

    Caveat: mine are mounted pretty close to center. Probably not a good idea if you're beefy.

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I'd defer to Melee on most recent Deathwish as I haven't been on the beefed up version, but I wouldn't put anyone who is a strong skier but is >200# on an older DW, even the 190.
    Skier666 seems to do alright on the 190s - think he's around 200.

    I have a pair of his beaters lying around I need to get mounted up! Will do a Bibby/PBJ/DW comparo when I do...
    sproing!

    FS: 2017 Transition Patrol https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...trol-mtb-large

    FS: crampons, lightweight winter down sleeping bag, and stuff https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ost?highlight=

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    I'd defer to Melee on most recent Deathwish as I haven't been on the beefed up version, but I wouldn't put anyone who is a strong skier but is >200# on an older DW, even the 190.
    I'm 240lbs I've skied the 190cm as my daily for 4 years. No problems, it absolutely rips. I still reach for it over anything else unless it's stupid deep.

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Skier666 seems to do alright on the 190s - think he's around 200.
    Will do a Bibby/PBJ/DW comparo when I do...
    Interested in seeing this...

  21. #371
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Den/Baltimore
    Posts
    5,129
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Yeah.... Big days in Grand Teton made me want another riser, and I kept having to ski them on terrible rocky exits that were not good for a light, wide ski like that haha. So, for now, they're my lady's inbounds pow sticks, she regularly skis a 171, but loves these in a 184 for just about any conditions.

    Ideally, I'd have three touring setups, BC 120 or Wildcat tour with Shift for deep days, Deathwish tour for everything in the middle, and BC 100 for spring stuff.

    But I'm starting to move away from big quivers, and instead get more comfortable on a single ski throughout a wider range of conditions. Which I'd assume the new Deathwish tour will be perfect for.
    I could envision a two-ski touring quiver of a Deathwish 112 Tour w. Tecton for midwinter and then something like a 0G 95 w SSL 2.0 for spring/summer, and even big midwinter days. But my skiing ability >> my fitness (at least compared to my typical touring partners), so I need all the help I can get.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

    photos

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I could envision a two-ski touring quiver of a Deathwish 112 Tour w. Tecton for midwinter and then something like a 0G 95 w SSL 2.0 for spring/summer, and even big midwinter days. But my skiing ability >> my fitness (at least compared to my typical touring partners), so I need all the help I can get.
    You're spot on with that 2 ski quiver. Go far to both ends of the spectrum, mid winter vs spring. A buddy and I have done something similar to what you're mentioning. Bibby Tour with Shift, and Salomon Mtn explore 95 with Zed.

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    1,608
    Melee, can we get you to throw the Mags a pre-sale code before public spring markdowns?

    (Iggy just posted one in the on3p thread, hence the question)

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    8,571
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Melee, can we get you to throw the Mags a pre-sale code before public spring markdowns?

    (Iggy just posted one in the on3p thread, hence the question)
    I think "buy 2 pairs, get 1 pair free" should be the deal. Too many awesome options, so I kinda just need to buy all of them.

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Exiled from Maine
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I think "buy 2 pairs, get 1 pair free" should be the deal. Too many awesome options, so I kinda just need to buy all of them.

    Mother of god yes. I mean no. I mean absofrikkenlutely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •