Page 65 of 237 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 5906
    I have this years PB&J and thinking the Commander 98 may be a better ski for me. How do they compare in stiffness? Has anyone ridden both?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My brother who is a composites manufacturing expert looked at the holes people are noticing, he says they are from alignment pins and are not gaps in the material that go deep. Nothing to be concerned with.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    My brother who is a composites manufacturing expert looked at the holes people are noticing, he says they are from alignment pins and are not gaps in the material that go deep. Nothing to be concerned with.
    This is not correct but he is right, there is nothing to be concern about.

If you guys want straight answers you can always call or email the factory direct instead of getting guesses from other folks on the forums.

I do my best to jump on here but sometimes its a week or so before I have time.

Phone: 775-527-1595
    Email: info@momentskis.com
    Livechat: www.momentskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Does anyone know if this is normal - and if so, why? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    .... there is nothing to be concern about. ....
    So it is a feature, not a bug? My wc108ts and wc108s have em too. And yeah, "fixing" it takes all about five seconds - so not much of an issue

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    So it is a feature, not a bug? My wc108ts and wc108s have em too. And yeah, "fixing" it takes all about five seconds - so not much of an issue
    All good.

Nothing to worry about.

It’s clearly where the retractable fangs/claws/daggers live.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    It’s clearly where the retractable fangs/claws/daggers live.
    Nailed it. Its where we plan to install Quad camber on the 3030 Deathwish.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hulliski.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	320152

new touring model

Got my shipping notification for the Frankenblades today!

Stoke is high! Great way to enter a weekend!

Plus a week and a half early is killer, great work Moment team!

Nailed it. Its where we plan to install Quad camber on the 3030 Deathwish.
    Will these be available this Spring to demo?

This is not correct but he is right, there is nothing to be concern about.

If you guys want straight answers you can always call or email the factory direct instead of getting guesses from other folks on the forums.

I do my best to jump on here but sometimes its a week or so before I have time.

Phone: 775-527-1595
    Email: info@momentskis.com
    Livechat: www.momentskis.com
    Lol, I'll have to tell my brother he's full of it then... Still kinda odd that you wouldn't say what they are...

It’s odd that the CEO of a company won’t explain - to strangers on a public forum - a 1/16th” gap where two different materials (with different properties) meet, in a dynamic product that’s constantly moving and flexing when it’s actually in use?

I mean...I know we’re all entitled now that we have the interwebs and all that, but I’m not sure I’d categorize that as “odd”.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hulliski.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	405.5 KB 
ID:	320152

new touring model
    Haha, that’s pretty funny.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It’s odd that the CEO of a company won’t explain - to strangers on a public forum - a 1/16th” gap where two different materials (with different properties) meet, in a dynamic product that’s constantly moving and flexing when it’s actually in use?

I mean...I know we’re all entitled now that we have the interwebs and all that, but I’m not sure I’d categorize that as “odd”.
    I mean he took the time to respond and say it wasnt that, so not much extra to say what it is.

Also, there's nearly no strain of the ski itself at the tip, your explanation makes no sense. yes the tip deflects a lot, the material of the ski strains the least at the tip so a gap there for that reason would be silly.

And no, I did not know this was the CEO under the name melee - but that's cool, I really enjoy his blister interviews and they are the reason I started looking at moment since there isn't much hype for them on the east coast.

I have that gap on other brands with similar construction. It’s a non issue. Maybe stop by the factory to get the full engineer explanation. Or just ski the shit out of them

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

your explanation makes no sense.
    Uhhhh..I didn't 'explain' anything.

Well, that escalated quickly. I never meant to imply there was an issue, I was just curious if it was normal. And apparently it is. I didn't think it was worthy an e-mail to Moment themselves - I'm sure they have better things to do.

Absolutely love the WCT108's and I've skied them a ton so far this season. Best touring skis in my quiver.

Picked up my new touring rig yesterday before the store closed down

Question for you guys: Thinking about getting my first touring set up so I can take avy courses, do some light 1-day touring, lift assisted etc. I'm thinking about getting the deathwish tour, but I read blisters review and they suggested not getting that ski as a 50/50. Would it be better to suck up the weight and put shifts on the "heavy" Deathwish?

I have no idea how much i'll dig touring, and where I'll be living next year (it will be in the West) so i'm trying to be cautious on going pure tour. But I do want to get my feet wet and try it out.

I'm a bit scared of super heavy gear since I'm not the best at cardio, and am a bit lighter at 5'9, 155.
    Last edited by AZskibum; 03-20-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Question for you guys: Thinking about getting my first touring set up so I can take avy courses, do some light 1-day touring, lift assisted etc. I'm thinking about getting the deathwish tour, but I read blisters review and they suggested not getting that ski as a 50/50. Would it be better to suck up the weight and put shifts on the "heavy" Deathwish?

I have no idea how much i'll dig touring, and where I'll be living next year (it will be in the West) so i'm trying to be cautious on going pure tour. But I do want to get my feet wet and try it out.

I'm a bit scared of super heavy gear since I'm not the best at cardio, and have mild asthma.
    I wrote that, and after a season of touring on both Tours with Vipecs, and regulars with Shift I stand by it 100%. Get the real Deathwish if you're going Shift. It's not "too heavy" or worth worrying about your asthma/cardio with at all. Yes, it's heavier, but it's lighter than the skis that plenty of folks haul around every day. It's not too heavy to tour with, and it skis way better inbounds. The Shift is the weak link of that setup for longer days, not the ski. Hell, the regular Deathwish is lighter than ON3P's touring skis were.

Here's a breakdown of different deathwish/DWT and binding combos in my experience (I've tried all of them but DWT with Shift)

From easiest on the uphill to hardest on the uphill:

DWT with Vipecs (or any other non-shift tech binder)
    Regular Deathwish with Vipecs (or any non-shift tech binder)
    DWT with Shift
    DW with Shift

If you're that worried, I'd recommend quiver killing a regular DW for real pin binders and an alpine binder.

I'm really happy that Moment makes the DWT, but if there's one thing I've learned from a season of answering people's questions about these two skis, it's that adding it to their lineup created a false dilemma for a bunch of folks. You can walk uphill just fine with a ski that doesn't have "tour" in the name.

Hey Cy,

What is your impression of the shift? Would you rather go CAST? Or the new duke?

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I wrote that, and after a season of touring on both Tours with Vipecs, and regulars with Shift I stand by it 100%. Get the real Deathwish if you're going Shift. It's not "too heavy" or worth worrying about your asthma/cardio with at all. Yes, it's heavier, but it's lighter than the skis that plenty of folks haul around every day. It's not too heavy to tour with, and it skis way better inbounds. The Shift is the weak link of that setup for longer days, not the ski. Hell, the regular Deathwish is lighter than ON3P's touring skis were.

Here's a breakdown of different deathwish/DWT and binding combos in my experience (I've tried all of them but DWT with Shift)

From easiest on the uphill to hardest on the uphill:

DWT with Vipecs (or any other non-shift tech binder)
    Regular Deathwish with Vipecs (or any non-shift tech binder)
    DWT with Shift
    DW with Shift

If you're that worried, I'd recommend quiver killing a regular DW for real pin binders and an alpine binder.

I'm really happy that Moment makes the DWT, but if there's one thing I've learned from a season of answering people's questions about these two skis, it's that adding it to their lineup created a false dilemma for a bunch of folks. You can walk uphill just fine with a ski that doesn't have "tour" in the name.
    Wow, thank you for the response. I think you sold me on getting the regular death wish. Either with shifts or with a quiver killer system. Thanks!

Now to figure out what kind of boot to get...

Conversly, if you want something lighter but still 50/50 the wct or wct 108 fit the bill better than the dwt

This is the right choice for sure. I have Deathwish tours which are awesome touring skis but not a 50-50 ski. I have a good friend who got standard deathwishes with Shifts and has been pretty stoked.

For shifts one question is how many days you’re going to put in per season. They won’t hold up as well as a true alpine binding for 60+ day years.

That being said, they are a great crossover binding, a passable touring binding and okay resort binding.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Wow, thank you for the response. I think you sold me on getting the regular death wish. Either with shifts or with a quiver killer system. Thanks!

Now to figure out what kind of boot to get...

Conversly, if you want something lighter but still 50/50 the wct or wct 108 fit the bill better than the dwt

Yeah the Wildcat 108 Tour is a much more versatile ski when the conditions get shitty. I can actually enjoy skiing mine in bad/ chopped up resort conditions, which is more than I can say for the DWTs. The DWTs are best thought of as mostly a soft snow touring ski in my opinion.