Page 51 of 237 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 5906
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I agree I think your price is reasonable with one set of holes.
    Is the pricing equation -$50 per set of holes? So $500 flat would be reasonable?

Appreciate the feedback guys and my motivation is to give a mag a bit of a deal as opposed to max $$$for me

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Is the pricing equation -$50 per set of holes? So $500 flat would be reasonable?

Appreciate the feedback guys and my motivation is to give a mag a bit of a deal as opposed to max $$$for me
    Check out the sticky in gear swap if you want the general pricing advice. Somewhere between 450-500 seems like a reasonable starting point for your skis.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post

Here's a few.

-The Commish said it best, "If you're trying to sell gear here, don't expect to get market prices...unless you're willing to trade gonzo for a router. The standard maggot/minion pricing paradigm is:

50% of current online price (not MSRP)
    -10% per year old
    -10% per times drilled, per core shot, per delam...etc
    -10% per marker binding attatched
    +10-30% for Rare/High-demand item

Pray for snow.
    $275-400ish per that formula
    sproing!

Nice pair of 190 blister pros on newschoolers for $400, thought I'd pass it on

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been reading a lot of "get the 190's over 184's if you want stability" comments and wanted to add my two cents. I'm 185 pounds on the Wildcat 108's in 184cm and while light they are still as stable as much heavier skis (for perspective, my other 108 skis are ON3P Wrens that weigh at least a few hundred grams more per ski). According to the Ikon tracker app I hit 62 mph today and never felt sketched out at all. Just wanted to add that for anyone who's on the fence between sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I've been reading a lot of "get the 190's over 184's if you want stability" comments and wanted to add my two cents. I'm 185 pounds on the Wildcat 108's in 184cm and while light they are still as stable as much heavier skis (for perspective, my other 108 skis are ON3P Wrens that weigh at least a few hundred grams more per ski). According to the Ikon tracker app I hit 62 mph today and never felt sketched out at all. Just wanted to add that for anyone who's on the fence between sizes.
    Are you saying they're as stable as a heavier ski on a smooth-ish groomer? Or as stable as a heavier ski in chopped up post-pow-day crud?

If the first one, sure, agreed. If the second one, not a chance. Or at least not as stable as a heavier ski that's decent in those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Are you saying they're as stable as a heavier ski on a smooth-ish groomer? Or as stable as a heavier ski in chopped up post-pow-day crud?

If the first one, sure, agreed. If the second one, not a chance. Or at least not as stable as a heavier ski that's decent in those conditions.

I second that as well. I rock the 190 WC108 at my 6ft 180lbs and they blast through chop crud no problem. And I find no issues with the length on tight and steep terrain. Had I sized down I would have lost that stability in the chop and that is one of the WC108’s best features. You shouldn’t be buying this ski for its performance on the groomers...

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post

Mixed conditions (wind buff, some chop, dust on crust, etc.) and no I don't mean groomers. I'm not saying they're 100% equally as stable as much heavier skis, but the difference is far less than I expected. I'm also not saying the 190 isn't more stable (of course it is), just that I think it's being overstated a bit.

Hearing the DW & CMD's are returning unchanged for 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Hearing the DW & CMD's are returning unchanged for 2021.
    Kinda. There are some changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Melee - my WCs are arriving on Friday and just wanna say how hyped I am to finally have a pair of Moments. Can't wait to get 'em on snow Also can't wait to take 'em up to Revelstoke in 2 weeks!!!

Hey folks.
    Morning #2 on the DWT and I am really enjoying them.
    However, I have to say that whatever prep Moment is doing to the bases is sloooowww on cold Wasatch snow right now. Like really slow, and I'm not usually picky and sensitive about bases and wax (usually wax my skis once per season). Anybody experience anything like this?

Pic for attention.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02860-01.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	310756

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Hey folks.
    However, I have to say that whatever prep Moment is doing to the bases is sloooowww on cold Wasatch snow right now. Like really slow, and I'm not usually picky and sensitive about bases and wax (usually wax my skis once per season). Anybody experience anything like this?
    Picked my WC108 up on Saturday and noticed they hadn't scraped my left ski. Scraping/roto brushing showed what appeared to be a pretty soft all conditions wax. They did ski okay, but Tahoe snow is 10+ warmer than Wasatch. Plan to wax tonight w/ something more appropriate...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    nice. did you get time on the 108 tour yet or just gravitate to the dw everyday?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sorry, just got back to this. And I'm using your question as an excuse to respond to a bunch of people who are asking me about it.

Skied a tiny bit on the 108 Tour, and one of my main touring partners is on one all the time. It doesn't suck, that's for sure. I feel like too many people are getting caught up in this imaginary conflict between "Should I get the DW Tour or the WC 108 Tour!?!" that's a little overblown. Moment doesn't make a shitty touring ski right now. I could go a full season only touring on the DW Tour, WC 108 Tour, or WC 116 Tour and be a happy ass camper. All three skis rock.

Are you a Deathwish guy? Get the DW Tour. Never skied a DW, or you love Wildcats? Grab a WC 108 tour. WC 108 doesn't suck in deep snow, that 4mm in width doesn't make that big of a difference in float. Sure, the DW Tour is probably the most versatile touring ski Moment makes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that both Wildcat Tours are way more fun and versatile than most other touring skis on the market. Follow your heart and don't overthink it.

It's a damn good time to be a backcountry skier!

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorry, just got back to this. And I'm using your question as an excuse to respond to a bunch of people who are asking me about it.

Skied a tiny bit on the 108 Tour, and one of my main touring partners is on one all the time. It doesn't suck, that's for sure. I feel like too many people are getting caught up in this imaginary conflict between "Should I get the DW Tour or the WC 108 Tour!?!" that's a little overblown. Moment doesn't make a shitty touring ski right now. I could go a full season only touring on the DW Tour, WC 108 Tour, or WC 116 Tour and be a happy ass camper. All three skis rock.

Are you a Deathwish guy? Get the DW Tour. Never skied a DW, or you love Wildcats? Grab a WC 108 tour. WC 108 doesn't suck in deep snow, that 4mm in width doesn't make that big of a difference in float. Sure, the DW Tour is probably the most versatile touring ski Moment makes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that both Wildcat Tours are way more fun and versatile than most other touring skis on the market. Follow your heart and don't overthink it.

It's a damn good time to be a backcountry skier!
    That’s exactly what I thought: we need all of the above.
    Thanks for your reply. Love the 108t for sure and i can’t think of any other ski id rather have. I’d probably feel the same way if I had the dw or reg tour.....The dw has me intrigued tho

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey folks.

Pic for attention.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02860-01.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	533.7 KB 
ID:	310756
    I've noticed this as well. Not a huge deal, I'll just put on a fresh coat of wax.

Hey folks.
    When we make skis we never know where they are going to ship so we put a universal wax on there. Unfortunately it isn't always the best option for certain destinations.

That being said we have some changes lined up in regards to base and wax for 20/21...

That being said we have some changes lined up in regards to base and wax for 20/21...
    Phantom wax on tips and tails and fish scales underfoot?

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Phantom wax on tips and tails and fish scales underfoot?
    Nah, we are not going to sell you snake oil. We prefer fluorocarbon waxes and real skins

No worries. Mine will be getting some new wax shortly. Thanks for making cool skis.

Waist variations on the dw? Skinnier and fatter versions!

Nah, we are not going to sell you snake oil. We prefer fluorocarbon waxes and real skins
    Seriously, Phantom wax sucks! I’m totally regretting doing it to my Wildcats, they feel slow even after waxing them with temp appropriate wax now.

Quote Originally Posted by spchin24 View Post
    I've noticed this as well. Not a huge deal, I'll just put on a fresh coat of wax.
    Snow today was very cold, the universal wax I had applied was too soft. Everyone was complaining how slow their skis were which sucked on traverses.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Seriously, Phantom wax sucks! I’m totally regretting doing it to my Wildcats, they feel slow even after waxing them with temp appropriate wax now.
    Perhaps you messed up on your treatment? This is my second season with phantom 2.0 on my Bibbys (aka wildcats) and they are still super slick.

Super worth it imho. Will probably apply it to my WCT108s whenever I get around to purchasing the stuff.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

I bought the new 184 wildcat, so thanks for all the recommendations. If they are almost or about as stable my K96/108s (181s) I'll be happy. But I do realize the K's have bamboo so they are heavy. I'm 155lbs and 5'9, so I always worry about going too long with my girly legs.

Looking forward to skiing some pow days on them in the next few months.

Would you guys recommend the factory mount point or -.5 or -1?