Page 49 of 237 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 5903
    Quote Originally Posted by jvo View Post
    I agree with this, especially not being a traditional carver. I am really digging the WC108 in 184. but going to switch up to the 190. Probably selling the 184s.
    PM sent on 184s

Wild cats

Hey all, looking for some advice on finishing my 3 ski quiver off for the west. Currently have my Jeff96s for some park jumps and mostly shallow mountain days, K108s for anything else. I'd like to get a more remounted ski that can handle a range of conditions and ski the deep days. I'd like to not give up my twin tips, but move to a more rearward ski that can charge a bit, ski pow and still handle hardpack days and not be horrible on ice. From what I'm reading the wildcat can do that? Also, if I go wildcats, should I stick with my Attack 13s or make the switch to pivots?

Thanks for the help!

I needed to get a more aggressive structure on my kids Carson’s, went 1/2 with detuned to contact piints

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by spar View Post
    Last winter when I picked ours up from the factory was told they were good to go.

At Alpine Meadows the next morning - my daughter and I both found that the wax they used felt really sticky in the fresh snow.

Gave them a hot scrape & wax and they have been perfect ever since.

Have kept the edges at 1/1

Sent from my brick using TGR Forums mobile app
    thank you! not sure if their wax won't be more appropriate for dry alberta rockies snow, so i'll try it at least once. then wax. i was more concerned with tips catching but she's been at 1/1 for the last few years. ought to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Hey all, looking for some advice on finishing my 3 ski quiver off for the west. Currently have my Jeff96s for some park jumps and mostly shallow mountain days, K108s for anything else. I'd like to get a more remounted ski that can handle a range of conditions and ski the deep days. I'd like to not give up my twin tips, but move to a more rearward ski that can charge a bit, ski pow and still handle hardpack days and not be horrible on ice. From what I'm reading the wildcat can do that? Also, if I go wildcats, should I stick with my Attack 13s or make the switch to pivots?

Thanks for the help!
    The wildcat can charge, ski pow, handle hardpack, and is not horrible on ice, I skied a 120 day season on a pair in all conditions in Utah and they rocked. Bindings are your choice.

Thanks for the help!
    Agree with lemonhead - definitely. Wildcats will be great for ya.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Agree with lemonhead - definitely. Wildcats will be great for ya.
    Agreed. That’s the ski you’re describing - at least in the moment thread
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Wildcat

Sweet. I'm probably going with those in 184!

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever find themselves on wind-scoured, hard pack or "frozen granular" with them (Not sure If ever see much real, "ice" in the West/AZ)? Just curious how the edges grab compared with the Jeff 96s, or in case I go see a buddy out east.

Hope you guys have a great season!

Sweet. I'm probably going with those in 184!

Just out of curiosity, anyone ever find themselves on wind-scoured, hard pack or "frozen granular" with them (Not sure If ever see much real, "ice" in the West/AZ)? Just curious how the edges grab compared with the Jeff 96s, or in case I go see a buddy out east.

Hope you guys have a great season!
    Yes. I’ve been on the WA version of that with the bibby and the bibby tour - wildcat predecessor. best hard snow performance of any ski I’ve ever been on in the 115mm waist class. You’d get by just fine on firm snow as long as you set an edge.

I have some Wildcats in a 190cm I’ve been trying to sell. Love the ski... just a lot of quiver overlap.

I’m wondering if anyone has made the shift from -1cm Forward to +1cm of recommended? How much more playful do they feel mounted forward?

I have a lot of charger skis and I’ve been curious about going to something really playful for messing around, something along the lines of the current Sir Francis Bacon. That being said... I’m wondering about just remounting an keeping them because I am a big attached to them.

We gave our 10 yo granddaughter her new pair of Zephyr's for Christmas. Wondered how she would handle 101mm underfoot, question answered.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllisonGreelyHill.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	309997

blg, that's awesome!

Moment Skis Discussion

10!?!? WOW, that is definitely awesome!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Luke, Zephyr’s for next season?.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    We gave our 10 yo granddaughter her new pair of Zephyr's for Christmas. Wondered how she would handle 101mm underfoot, question answered.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AllisonGreelyHill.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	309997

Hey folks.
    Got a pair of 190 cm Deathwish Tours that I'll be mounting up very soon. Dedicated touring rig. Touring for soft snow.
    Given that I am coming off a more traditionally mounted ski (185cm Zero G 108), and in my case if I'm descending tails-first something has gone horribly wrong, I am thinking I might mount the DWT's -1 cm behind the line to give me a little more ski out in front. I figure +/- one cm is no big deal, but wondering if anyone here has direct experience riding the DW slightly behind the factory line.

Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Hey folks.
    Got a pair of 190 cm Deathwish Tours that I'll be mounting up very soon. Dedicated touring rig. Touring for soft snow.
    Given that I am coming off a more traditionally mounted ski (185cm Zero G 108), and in my case if I'm descending tails-first something has gone horribly wrong, I am thinking I might mount the DWT's -1 cm behind the line to give me a little more ski out in front. I figure +/- one cm is no big deal, but wondering if anyone here has direct experience riding the DW slightly behind the factory line.

Thanks for your time.
    I preferred my OG 184 Deathwishes at -1. I now have some 184 DW tours that I mounted on the line and I like them just fine there. But I don't think going -1 would be terrible.

What’s your height and weight? If you are heavy / tall you might move back...

I have tours mount on the line. My resort setup is really directional and I like the DW on the line. I’m 6’3” but 165lbs. In the backcountry I think it’s nice to be able to turn more from a neutral stance and I don’t always drive the tips of the skis because ideally you are in soft conditions.

Hey folks.

Thanks for your time.

6'1" 180 lbs without gear.
    Yeah, I have to ski centered on the ZeroGs when it's deep to keep the tips up. Not expecting to drive the tips of the DWT, but worried that even with the 190 cm, I've got less ski out in front of me. Thought a wee bit back might be advantageous in deep pow. You feel plenty balanced in the soft on your DWT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    What’s your height and weight? If you are heavy / tall you might move back...

I have tours mount on the line. My resort setup is really directional and I like the DW on the line. I’m 6’3” but 165lbs. In the backcountry I think it’s nice to be able to turn more from a neutral stance and I don’t always drive the tips of the skis because ideally you are in soft conditions.

I think that the DW is great on the line or forward of it. I also don't think moving a cm back would be terrible, and I wouldn't do it.

Pic offering.
    Definitely dig the topsheets--they look better in the flesh. Wondering if the lighter color will reduce melt-freeze load while skinning...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200110_125622-01.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	310080

I toured on 190 DWs mounted -1 (-6 from centre) for a few seasons and liked them there. Have since mounted then alpine on the line and can’t say I notice a huge difference, but I don’t ski them on deep days, so who knows? I’d go -1 and enjoy the shit out of them.

184 Wildcat tours.

Straight pull has 1804mm to the saddle in the tail.

True centre marked at 902mm.

The recommended triangle mark measures to 973mm, which is basically -7cm, a full 1cm behind -6cm.

I'm wondering if the saddle in the tail on the tour (for the skin clip), interferes with a true centre measurement?

Even still the reco is pretty far back.

Also, fwiw, the other ski reco line measured .5cm even further back...

Name:	20200110_171158.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	310123

Looks to me like they use the same sidewall marking as the non-tour version and that little saddle/skin notch in the back removes about 2cm from the total length.....which would put the recommended right in the ballpark. Center mark would move the depth of the skin notch toward the tip compared to non-tour. Seems like I remember Luke discussing that on a Blister podcast back when.

Pic offering.
    Definitely dig the topsheets--they look better in the flesh. Wondering if the lighter color will reduce melt-freeze load while skinning...

Name:	IMG_20200110_125622-01.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	361.3 KB 
ID:	310080
    Hot daaammmmmnnnn. That ski looks so good.

So I’m really digging the 190 DW as a low tide/slightly soft conditions ski. Trustworthy across a range of conditions and super fun. Feels a little jibby but can also tolerate and respond well to aggressive tip pressure.

Should I size down for touring duties? Make skinning easier, save some weight etc? Or stick with the length I like?

6’ 165#

Just checked and blister have the 19/20 Wildcat 184 (non tour) straight pull at 181.6cm

So 12mm more, which means centre is 6mm further back than my measurement.

There's also the issue of the other ski's reco line being .5cm even further back.

I'm being super anal because A) these skis are GD rad (expensive) and I wanna get it right, and B) because I really really really don't want to be mounted forward.

Appreciate the help.