Page 79 of 241 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Thanks guys! Really wish Moment could find a sweet spot in the middle somewhere, I guess maybe 112ish, idk??? I know I’m an outlier but 107 is just shy of DD duty for me, I hate splitting hairs and I’m sure I could get along with a 107, but I was hair pull trigger finger on those 117s before they went away.
    It's the details that make it fun & functional. Really stoked on the new tail on the Commanders............ lotta more junk in the trunk.

Thanks guys! Really wish Moment could find a sweet spot in the middle somewhere, I guess maybe 112ish, idk??? I know I’m an outlier but 107 is just shy of DD duty for me, I hate splitting hairs and I’m sure I could get along with a 107, but I was hair pull trigger finger on those 117s before they went away.
    I have a pair of 117's in 187 length that I could let go if you were interested. They are sweet. I just added a Ghost Train in the 194 length for my big day ski. Have shifts on them and the two days I toured on them I was in love. Now I am ready to break up with the Meridans lol. I had the Meridan tours that came in 107 underfoot and I agree they were a hair to narrow for me.

Moment Skis Discussion

Appreciated! But that overlap with my Naners is definitely too much overlap.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Appreciated! But that overlap with my Naners is definitely too much overlap.
    Unpossible. N+1, always

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    The bananas are basically 123mm Meridians. And they’re ridiculously good.
    While the topic is on bananas, anyone else got some good beta? I have read all the (limited) old posts about them and it seems like there are only a few guys on here who have actually skied them a fair bit. I'm mostly wondering how burly they actually are. There is a lot of hype about how stiff they are and how they were overbuilt for Carston's style etc, which has kind of put me off of them. I ski the 2019 DW and think they could definitely be stiffer, but overall love the ski. I don't need the absolute stiffest big mountain mauler, and these seem like a fun-shape pow ski but they also have the rep of being no-nonsense boards. From what I have read the Ghost Train is softer than the DW which I definitely don't want. I'll be living up Little Cottonwood this winter so need some big day boards that don't fold in half when you hit chop at speed like my current blue megawatts (love the ski but they are way too soft up front). Any insights appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    While the topic is on bananas, anyone else got some good beta? I have read all the (limited) old posts about them and it seems like there are only a few guys on here who have actually skied them a fair bit. I'm mostly wondering how burly they actually are. There is a lot of hype about how stiff they are and how they were overbuilt for Carston's style etc, which has kind of put me off of them. I ski the 2019 DW and think they could definitely be stiffer, but overall love the ski. I don't need the absolute stiffest big mountain mauler, and these seem like a fun-shape pow ski but they also have the rep of being no-nonsense boards. From what I have read the Ghost Train is softer than the DW which I definitely don't want. I'll be living up Little Cottonwood this winter so need some big day boards that don't fold in half when you hit chop at speed like my current blue megawatts (love the ski but they are way too soft up front). Any insights appreciated.
    They’re definitely not overly stiff. Being October, it’s been a while since I’ve flexed the nanners, but I’d say they’re stiffer than Deathwishes, in the ballpark with Wildcats, and less stiff than Billy Goats, or OG Renegades.

At least for my personal skiing style, they’re perfect. Stout enough to never fold up, but not punishingly stiff either.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    They’re definitely not overly stiff. Being October, it’s been a while since I’ve flexed the nanners, but I’d say they’re stiffer than Deathwishes, in the ballpark with Wildcats, and less stiff than Billy Goats, or OG Renegades.

At least for my personal skiing style, they’re perfect. Stout enough to never fold up, but not punishingly stiff either.
    That is really really good to hear. Less stiff than billygoats is good info. I have been looking at the Cease and Desist as well (also one notch down from billygoat stiff), and it seems to check all the boxes but the CB's are calling my name. Also it would be nice to have a more similar mount point to the DWs so I don't have to get used to skiing a different mount on pow days vs most days. It always takes a few runs to get used to skiing my wrenegade 96's after skiing the DWs and vice versa.

That being said I have my DWs mounted at -2 from rec and love them there. Would be doing the same with the nanners unless someone from Moment vehemently recommends against it. For a soft snow ski I just prefer a little more surface area out front, and I don't really do spins. -7 from center just feels right to me.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    That is really really good to hear. Less stiff than billygoats is good info. I have been looking at the Cease and Desist as well (also one notch down from billygoat stiff), and it seems to check all the boxes but the CB's are calling my name. Also it would be nice to have a more similar mount point to the DWs so I don't have to get used to skiing a different mount on pow days vs most days. It always takes a few runs to get used to skiing my wrenegade 96's after skiing the DWs and vice versa.

That being said I have my DWs mounted at -2 from rec and love them there. Would be doing the same with the nanners unless someone from Moment vehemently recommends against it. For a soft snow ski I just prefer a little more surface area out front, and I don't really do spins. -7 from center just feels right to me.
    I’ve never tried C&Ds but I have skied modern Billygoats. Very different skis from the nanners IMO, they’re more directional and are designed to float more from the tip. Never been on DWs.

Only got out on the CBs twice, both were full days at Killington with fresh snow where I could find a variety of conditions. Happy to share initial observations because there isn’t a lot of info on this ski and so far I really, really like it. First Moment ski I’ve been on since late 2000s M1s (I think?), they were baby blue.

CB’s do not hand flex very stiff in my opinion. I was afraid I wouldn’t like them after a hand flex but I’m glad I tried them anyway. I have the 186s and I mounted them 1cm back from recommended. I’m 5’7’’ and weighed around ~183lbs at the time of this review of my initial experiences with the ski.

They’re less stiff than my 2013 Hojis but more stiff than my Praxis Piste Jib (3 flex veneer) which is another ski that feels like it has a lot of backbone despite not having a super stiff flex. CB’s are considerably less stiff than 2014 Renegades, and also Volkl Ones. I am guessing they are torsionally stiff because they have excellent edge hold for their size on firmer stuff including rock hard east coast groomers and they do very well in shallow cut up pow and crud comparatively to ‘’similar’’ skis. They have the lowest rocker profile of any of any fully rockered ski I’ve tried out (Devs, Hojis, Ones, Rens, Powderboards). I think this translates to a versatile reverse camber shape that excels in powder of various densities including lighter snow and in resort powder conditions. They were very easy, fun, fast and intuitive for me.

Potential caveats with the design: I found myself in some wacky, wind-and-snowmaking-affected snow in the woods. Real styrofoamy upside down grabby crap snow. The ski did OK, considering, but I have a feeling a ski like the Powderboard would have made those conditions fun and perhaps a stiffer more reverse camber shape like the Volkl One or even the Renegade may have performed better in those conditions due to being stiffer and heavier but that is pure speculation.
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 10-09-2020 at 08:15 AM.

I'd happily buy CBs 186 from someone, who is not happy with them

Voyager XIV

October surprise.

We have been collaborating with ATK of Italy to make some solid tweaks to the best tech binding in the world, the FR14. (which hasn't really been accessible in the USA before now).

The Moment Voyager XIV is built like a FR14 but we have worked with their engineers to reduced the ramp from 11mm to 7.5mm by modifying the toe piece.

No need to use some ghetto aftermarket shim to achieve a flatter freeride stance.

The Voyager XIV comes with the Freeride Spacer included which eliminates heel gap for constant ski to boot interface and widens contact with ski for superior power transmission and retention.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

^solid

Does this mean I need to swap out my Shifts on the Rando Blades?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^solid

Does this mean I need to swap out my Shifts on the Rando Blades?
    Haha.

Should have put a disclaimer on my last post that these have not been tested on blades yet.

You could be the first!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Haha.

Should have put a disclaimer on my last post that these have not been tested on blades yet.

You could be the first!
    Jake knows how to find me.... I have my jorts & headband ready to kick some rando Spandex a$$.

This is actually pretty cool. I’m a huge Tecton fan and have looked at ATK’s for saving weight but the freeride spacer (lots of debate on the aftermarket add on) and ramp angle were concerns I had. I will probably give them a whirl at some point this winter.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

That was a sick product video. I’m not even joking.

mmm...tasty

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

October surprise.

We have been collaborating with ATK of Italy to make some solid tweaks to the best tech binding in the world, the FR14. (which hasn't really been accessible in the USA before now).

The Moment Voyager XIV is built like a FR14 but we have worked with their engineers to reduced the ramp from 11mm to 7.5mm by modifying the toe piece.

No need to use some ghetto aftermarket shim to achieve a flatter freeride stance.

The Voyager XIV comes with the Freeride Spacer included which eliminates heel gap for constant ski to boot interface and widens contact with ski for superior power transmission and retention.

Let me know if you guys have any questions!

CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT
    Effin A, Melee. Extremely well done. Will be hard not to spring for a pair
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1602313879675.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	343632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1602313885231.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	343633

Having placed an ATK Freeriders spacer on my Ion LT, I can confirm it makes a night and day difference.

Doesn't even feel like the same binding.

That Voyager is filthy.

Really awesome to see Moment doing this... congrats Melee. I love my FR14s with the spacers. Never thought about the ramp but makes sense.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I just pulled the trigger on a pair. It's funny a had a pair of alpinist 12s in the cart and these had me switch gears.

@melee or anyone else who knows. Are aftermarket brakes available? Can they be swapped? I’m probably going to abandon my hunt for cheap alpinists and just get these, but I could see wanting to move them to a different ski than the one I have in mind currently.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    @melee or anyone else who knows. Are aftermarket brakes available? Can they be swapped? I’m probably going to abandon my hunt for cheap alpinists and just get these, but I could see wanting to move them to a different ski than the one I have in mind currently.
    You can swap brakes on these. We will be stocking all brake sizes. We may not list them on the website but you can always email for them.

Moment Skis Discussion

Yup, well done Moment, well fucking done!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Can anyone explain exactly what the benefits of the decreased ramp height?
    Also, what are the pros and cons of having the freeride spacer on/off?

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what the benefits of the decreased ramp height?
    Also, what are the pros and cons of having the freeride spacer on/off?
    Decreased ramp is more in line with high end alpine bindings like the Pivot 18. It puts you in a better stance for freeride skiing which allows for a more natural athletic position providing more power and easier pivoting while on wider rockered skis.

There are only pros to skiing with the freeride spacer, it eliminates heel gap for constant ski to boot interface and widens contact with ski for superior power transmission and retention.. Some would argue that there is a weight penalty but its insanely light. You have to take the binding complete off to remove the spacer, its integrated. I don't know why anyone would mount the binding without it...