Page 133 of 138 FirstFirst ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3436
  1. #3301
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    I think they only come with gripwalk AFD's now don't they?
    Yes, as do the Pivot 14s. But they will still work with the Alpine/DIN boot.

  2. #3302
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    638
    I have not skied the commander 108 but i have skied the Meridian, Wildcat and shapes like
    the commander from other companies. The 188cm commander likely feels quite a bit longer than the 190cm Wildcat would and much much longer than the 181 meridian.

    If you wanted something that skied a bit longer than your 184cm Wildcats that’s likely a 182cm commander.

    If you want something that skis a bit longer than your meridians that would be a 176cm commander.

    If you’re keeping your Wildcat 116 for deep days I’d go Deathwish 104.

    Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    To anyone that has both a commander 108 and a wildcat, do you have them the same length? I currently have meridians 181 and wildcats 116 with 184 length, there's a good pair of 108 commanders for sale near me but the length is 188 and I'm 5'8" 185 so I'm feeling like they may be a bit long. Also I'm looking to get a third ski and trying to decide between death wish 112 and 104 for a daily in Colorado, what do all of you ski the most?

  3. #3303
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I have not skied the commander 108 but i have skied the Meridian, Wildcat and shapes like
    the commander from other companies. The 188cm commander likely feels quite a bit longer than the 190cm Wildcat would and much much longer than the 181 meridian.

    If you wanted something that skied a bit longer than your 184cm Wildcats that’s likely a 182cm commander.

    If you want something that skis a bit longer than your meridians that would be a 176cm commander.

    If you’re keeping your Wildcat 116 for deep days I’d go Deathwish 104.
    I agree that the 188 C108 would be a lot of ski based on your post. Perhaps you could buy them and pass them on to some deserving Mag?

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  4. #3304
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    To anyone that has both a commander 108 and a wildcat, do you have them the same length? I currently have meridians 181 and wildcats 116 with 184 length, there's a good pair of 108 commanders for sale near me but the length is 188 and I'm 5'8" 185 so I'm feeling like they may be a bit long. Also I'm looking to get a third ski and trying to decide between death wish 112 and 104 for a daily in Colorado, what do all of you ski the most?
    I think it comes down to what do you expect of them. I am a gnat at 5'8" & 145#. Got tired of ppl picking on my jam of CMD 98's in the 176, 178 lengths for carving & bumps in the East. Picked up some 194 CMD 108s & skied em last season. (Have owned Jag Sharks, Bibby, Meridian in the 180'z). 194's were just fine except when I was trying to wedge trees.

    If you have a line on 188's SNAG EM. Everyone is having supply chain issues & skis are limited. Titanal is in short supply. Despite really wanting another set of CMDs in the 188 length this season, I passed on buying as the gang at Moment don't need industry folk poaching their supply this season.

  5. #3305
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Just posting some initial thoughts on the Commander Tour (182).

    On the up - it's a bit heavier than Im used to...3.75kg for my pair. I put on Tectons, but will ski em this weekend with Xenics (inserts). I think the dumbest thing you could do is put a Shift on this ski

    On the down - total killer. Sooooo smooth, damp and yet able to pivot easily. Nice width to cover most conditions. Skied them on some hard icy stuff (where they were composed but not ideal), but anytime you had actual snow these things run fast and smooth.

  6. #3306
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    638
    Thanks for posting, I’ve been curious what people would think of these.

    What type of boots are you using them with? It seems like a ski that wants to pair with a 130ish flex boot and not something lighter like a scarpa f1 style of efficient touring boot. Super unique ski and I love the ‘idea’ of it paired with a 200 gram ATK binding and 1300 gram boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Just posting some initial thoughts on the Commander Tour (182).

    On the up - it's a bit heavier than Im used to...3.75kg for my pair. I put on Tectons, but will ski em this weekend with Xenics (inserts). I think the dumbest thing you could do is put a Shift on this ski

    On the down - total killer. Sooooo smooth, damp and yet able to pivot easily. Nice width to cover most conditions. Skied them on some hard icy stuff (where they were composed but not ideal), but anytime you had actual snow these things run fast and smooth.

  7. #3307
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Thanks for posting, I’ve been curious what people would think of these.

    What type of boots are you using them with? It seems like a ski that wants to pair with a 130ish flex boot and not something lighter like a scarpa f1 style of efficient touring boot. Super unique ski and I love the ‘idea’ of it paired with a 200 gram ATK binding and 1300 gram boot.
    Im using La Sportiva Vegas. I think anything in the 1500g class would be fine with this ski (ZGTP, Mtn Labs, Hojis, etc). I would definitely not use these skis with an F1 type boot because you'd just be losing heaps of performance.

    And yep, a lighter binding is definitely the way forward for this ski for touring (eg the ATK that Moment sells). But I use inserts so have lots of options. The Cmdr Tour wouldnt feel out of place inbounds either...Its just that the total weight gets up there for touring if you combine it with heavy boots and an alpine-like binding.

  8. #3308
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    638
    Exactly.

    I have a light setup for spring, 1400 gram skis with Alien RS boots but I just can’t ski like I want through variable snow. I did a 20 mile day last spring and skied some steeper lines with terrible snow and got a little spooked with the boot / ski combo. Not to be trendy, but I’m eyeing a few of the more remote 50 project lines but wanting a setup that’s keeps me happy on the down. Commander tour is heavier than I want but checks the other boxes.

    Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Im using La Sportiva Vegas. I think anything in the 1500g class would be fine with this ski (ZGTP, Mtn Labs, Hojis, etc). I would definitely not use these skis with an F1 type boot because you'd just be losing heaps of performance.

    And yep, a lighter binding is definitely the way forward for this ski for touring (eg the ATK that Moment sells). But I use inserts so have lots of options. The Cmdr Tour wouldnt feel out of place inbounds either...Its just that the total weight gets up there for touring if you combine it with heavy boots and an alpine-like binding.

  9. #3309
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Just posting some initial thoughts on the Commander Tour (182).
    Thanks for sharing. I have mine mounted with alpinists and I am really excited to get them out. I'm looking forward to using these as a daily driver in Rockies backcountry and as a side country ski.

    Just need some snow!

  10. #3310
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,341
    nice!

    Please do not feel obligated to post any pictures from CMD tours in the wild

    (I would love to see so of em in the wild - this ski makes me very, very excited)

  11. #3311
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,438
    Here's some Deathwish cold smoke stoke from Telluride during the mid-February 2021 storm cycle...


  12. #3312
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    416
    Kinda want a black ops 118 but the blops 186 seems too short, so looking for a 190ish damp daily driver, ideally from moment. How true is the blister review on the commander 118? They seems to think ya gotta be hypersonic to get the commanders to wake up, any truth to it?

  13. #3313
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    5,030
    Looking at rocker pics I would think the Wildcat 116 in 190 would be the comparable ski. Not the commander.

  14. #3314
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Kinda want a black ops 118 but the blops 186 seems too short, so looking for a 190ish damp daily driver, ideally from moment. How true is the blister review on the commander 118? They seems to think ya gotta be hypersonic to get the commanders to wake up, any truth to it?
    I can kind of vouch for that. I wouldn’t say Mach-fuck is a requirement, although they do great at this speed. They are not a difficult ski to ski. They just require more speed to really come to life, due to a 31-33m radius, and not require a ton of work to maneuver in tight places.

    If you are skiing nothing but techy tight terrain, then I think there is a better tool for the job. But if it’s a mix of terrain then they are a super fun and versatile ski and are a super fun daily driver. You can literally blast down the entire mountain at 65+ mph and jump off every cliff and be rewarded with consistency and a supporting companion.

    I would call them a loaner ski though. Because when I pulled mine out I would end up alone because most can’t charge at the speed that these allow.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  15. #3315
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,508
    Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    I can kind of vouch for that. I wouldn’t say Mach-fuck is a requirement, although they do great at this speed. They are not a difficult ski to ski. They just require more speed to really come to life, due to a 31-33m radius, and not require a ton of work to maneuver in tight places.

    If you are skiing nothing but techy tight terrain, then I think there is a better tool for the job. But if it’s a mix of terrain then they are a super fun and versatile ski and are a super fun daily driver. You can literally blast down the entire mountain at 65+ mph and jump off every cliff and be rewarded with consistency and a supporting companion.

    I would call them a loaner ski though. Because when I pulled mine out I would end up alone because most can’t charge at the speed that these allow.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Will you loan them to me?

  16. #3316
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Will you loan them to me?
    Only for a handful of cured meat


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  17. #3317
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lead Land
    Posts
    161
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0971.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	389474

    Just got the 104 mounted, my shorts are so tight for this upcoming season #melee2024


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #3318
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,508
    ^ beautiful


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  19. #3319
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    15
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B9C5176D-92B8-4DB4-BFBB-99DEA7524418_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	686.9 KB 
ID:	389621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	427D16A2-3AA3-484C-AFA1-DE35648E70B1_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	547.6 KB 
ID:	389622

    These showed up today, 188 Commander 108. Flex is, welp, stiff (as a charger should be IMHO). Stiffer than the Mantra 102, and Armada Declivity X (only two somewhat similar skis in the house currently). That said, the tip rocker combined with most of the weight being underfoot makes me think they should be plenty manageable, and the tail rocker, while minimal, looks as though it will hold an edge well while still being releasable. Rocker lines are actually pretty similar to the DX, just less splay in both tip and tail; has plenty of camber too so should be poppy despite the stiff layup (for my fat ass). Weight? Dunno, my scale sucks. Measure roughly 187.

    Thanks to Jake at Moment for the time and advice, including Clydesdale sizing, looking forward to trying to find the top end. Will post up some thoughts after I get on em, but based solely on fondling, think they'll fit the firm snow versatile modern charger quiver spot for sure. 38 days.
    Last edited by Sylvan; 10-20-2021 at 12:44 PM.

  20. #3320
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    15
    Wanted to clarify one thing after rereading, the DX I have is a 192 (measures roughly 190.5), and the rocker lines are similar when stood up on their tails. In other words, the extra 3.5 cms ish is all in the tip rocker of the DX; probably better put, the ee of both skis is similar despite the difference in length, but I'm a gear addicted hack so take this with a grain of salt. Mostly just wanted to get more out there about this ski as I didn't find much during my search this Summer, and on snow impressions are moar better, but having it in hand, I am really excited about it as a bigger mountain variable conditions charger. 37 days.

  21. #3321
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,115

    Moment Skis Discussion

    So due to all the hype these babies showed up…. Giving Moment another go as the 190 Bibbys I tried were not my cup of tea - more likely a me issue…

    The double camber is so cool and kind of freaks me out, but going to go line and so stoked to give these a try…. And holy shit do the tails on these 104s remind me of the OG Gotamas….

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634756590.348649.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	260.7 KB 
ID:	389685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1645.JPG 
Views:	154 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	389686


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  22. #3322
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    2,507
    Bukkake incoming to the Sierra!

    Gettin ready:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174048159.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	389701

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174020996.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	902.6 KB 
ID:	389702

  23. #3323
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Bukkake incoming to the Sierra!

    Gettin ready:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174048159.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	389701

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174020996.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	902.6 KB 
ID:	389702
    Hell yeah. Best touring ski in existence

    Love mine. Absolutely kill it all year round

  24. #3324
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Bukkake incoming to the Sierra!

    Gettin ready:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174048159.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	791.4 KB 
ID:	389701

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211019_174020996.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	902.6 KB 
ID:	389702
    Bring on the cream cheese! Lets go! Great looking setup.

  25. #3325
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    123
    Just need to get a few mounts done! Season can’t come soon enough… Stoked to see how both DWs perform.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E25638EB-89F5-49AD-A0DE-1D934A71C2BC.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	596.7 KB 
ID:	389840  

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •