Page 50 of 241 FirstFirst ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 6023
    Keep in mind that the lighter weight will make the ski feel less stable and more ‘whippy’. I have the 190cm they feel super super quick compared to most moments I’ve owned in 190cm.

That being said, I know a lot of people do size down...

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Hot daaammmmmnnnn. That ski looks so good.

So I’m really digging the 190 DW as a low tide/slightly soft conditions ski. Trustworthy across a range of conditions and super fun. Feels a little jibby but can also tolerate and respond well to aggressive tip pressure.

Should I size down for touring duties? Make skinning easier, save some weight etc? Or stick with the length I like?

6’ 165#

Moment Skis Discussion

Tuesday, I mounted my 184 WC Tours on the mark. 6’, 170 lbs.
    Yesterday was only 1” of fresh, but the skis were totally intuitive. I felt very balanced. They transitioned easily from carve to slarve. (Straight from the box. No tuning required...) Stable at (my) speed, despite the light weight.

Two of the guys I skied with were riding Bibbys. We had the evolution well covered.

Oh, I am looking forward to the next storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I have some Wildcats in a 190cm I’ve been trying to sell. Love the ski... just a lot of quiver overlap.

I’m wondering if anyone has made the shift from -1cm Forward to +1cm of recommended? How much more playful do they feel mounted forward?

I have a lot of charger skis and I’ve been curious about going to something really playful for messing around, something along the lines of the current Sir Francis Bacon. That being said... I’m wondering about just remounting an keeping them because I am a big attached to them.
    I mounted my 184 wildcat 108 tours at +3 from Rec. And freaking love them there. I ski a bit of everything but love the playfulness of the skis a bit forward, I definitely cant charge as hard there but for spinning and doing butters they are perfect jib sticks that can handle anything.

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Merry Xmas to me!!!
    Thanks David for the mount and the beer at the factory...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I know this question of "which 108 ski" is on a lot of minds and I've gone back and read through most of the thread, but hoping more people have now had time on this year's skis.

Background - PNW skier, 6'2",190 advanced/expert (whatever that means). Like to go fast when given the opportunity to open it up, but also spend a lot of time in the trees. Don't spend a lot of time on groomers but love to ski them fast when given the chance. Not a hucker/spinny/flippy guy, but like taking jumps.

Favorite skis - 190 QLab: current daily driver. Crushes everything and I haven't found a speed limit. Reasonably maneuverable, love the stiff tail. Float is fine since I bring out my BGs if it starts stacking up. This is my one ski quiver when I travel.
    2013 Bent Chetler (cartoon sun version): such a fun ski. Makes you want to jump off everything. Handles lighter pow amazing, but I eventually moved to the BG because it handles PNW pow better. Still break it out when I head to Utah and love it.

I'm looking at Commander 108 or Wildcat 108 as a replacement for the QLab as my daily driver. I picked up some Enforcer 110s on the crazy deal, but the more I read about it, I'm not sure it will work for me and I've wanted to try Moment for a long time.

The Wildcat 108 sounds like it could be the perfect love child of my 2 favorite skis, but the Commander sounds like it has more of the chargeability of the QLab but gives up playfulness. Leaning towards the Wildcat as I want more playfulness than the QLab offers, but worried about the top end performance. Am I going to freak out trying to hit 50+ mph on Harmony Piste on the way back to the chair?

Sorry for the long post, but I haven't bought new in plastic skis in 20 years and choosing wrong with new is a few hundred $ mistake unlike with used skis.

Edit - seconds after I posted this, the Blister Wildcat 108 review showed up in my email. Now I have more to read.
    We are in quite similar situations. I'm also in the PNW, have QLabs as a daily, and Billy Goats for pow days. I'm 5'10" 170lbs and have the 183 QLab and 184 BG. I also have some older Bibby Pros (now WC) that were my powder skis before the Billy Goats. I always felt the Bibby was basically a fat daily driver for softish conditions. It occasionally felt a bit short on big snow days, but it really didn't have a speed limit in any type of soft chop or groomers. Once you're on firmer snow obviously they will give up some stability to something with a longer effective edge and square flat tail. I think the Commander is about the closest thing to the QLab on the market, but for me the WC108 will be a better daily. You could consider keeping the QLab for firmer conditions. My other consideration if the ON3P Woodsman.

Where I struggle is size. I always wanted the 190 Bibbys for my powder ski, but ended up finding the 184. As I said they really felt more like a fat daily than a true powder ski and that could have been to do with the length and more progressive mount leaving a pretty short front end. I like to open it up whenever I can and love skiing the fall line and straightlining runouts, but I also ski a lot of trees. The BGs come out with anything more than a few inches and a soft base.

Split the difference an mounted them 0.5502 cm behind the line. I figure that's effectively meaningless, but then I can still say I did it the way I wanted to do it.

Should get out on them tomorrow, and a few mornings this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02831-01.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	370.7 KB 
ID:	310209

Moment Skis Discussion

Took the 184 wc108t mtn pro scout ensemble out today for a few laps in bounds whistler just check out how they run.
    Impressed at the set up, soo fun. Boots fit out if the box flex felt pretty good inbounds; power strap slips loose.
    Skis are great I could ski the 190 easily but never thought that I needed them today. Bindings are solid. Lot of feedback on harder rough stuff.
    Set up: Light as fuck

Name:	IMG_7438.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	310212

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    We are in quite similar situations. I'm also in the PNW, have QLabs as a daily, and Billy Goats for pow days. I'm 5'10" 170lbs and have the 183 QLab and 184 BG. I also have some older Bibby Pros (now WC) that were my powder skis before the Billy Goats. I always felt the Bibby was basically a fat daily driver for softish conditions. It occasionally felt a bit short on big snow days, but it really didn't have a speed limit in any type of soft chop or groomers. Once you're on firmer snow obviously they will give up some stability to something with a longer effective edge and square flat tail. I think the Commander is about the closest thing to the QLab on the market, but for me the WC108 will be a better daily. You could consider keeping the QLab for firmer conditions. My other consideration if the ON3P Woodsman.

Where I struggle is size. I always wanted the 190 Bibbys for my powder ski, but ended up finding the 184. As I said they really felt more like a fat daily than a true powder ski and that could have been to do with the length and more progressive mount leaving a pretty short front end. I like to open it up whenever I can and love skiing the fall line and straightlining runouts, but I also ski a lot of trees. The BGs come out with anything more than a few inches and a soft base.
    Go 190. I’m 5’9 175. I’ve 184 tours and 190 regular.

Kind of venting here but maybe it will save someone else some $ in the future, although probably not because they don't make this ski anymore. Center mounted touring skis make no sense. We are known for having shitty skin tracks here in the wasatch and maybe that's part of it but I'm so sick of dealing with all that tail on my 187 Meridian tours. I've tried a bunch of different techniques and no matter what I do there's just way too much tail back there to not be a pain in the ass on kick turns. I'll likely be replacing with some WC108Ts pretty soon.

Don’t meridian and WC108 have similar mount points? 1cm difference I think

The heavily rockered WC tour also has quite a twin tip, and I’m finding myself getting so much better at kick turns due to how damn hard they are to get around. In soft snow, I can make them work like a charm. Firm snow sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Don’t meridian and WC108 have similar mount points? 1cm difference I think
    Is that really all it is? I figured it would be a bit more than that.

It's hilarious to me how many people are expressing their difficulty kick turning on a twinned, more centered ski. I get that it requires a slight change in technique, but it's not like you're transitioning to a split board or something.

I prefer to tour on more tail-heavy skis just because my tip automatically lifts when I pivot through the kick turn. Makes breaking trail way easier, and makes those really steep, step-up kick turns much less of a struggle. Guess it all comes down to what you're used to though, I've had to make the adjustment back and forth from more "traditional" touring skis, to fun ones a few times, and never felt like it took me more than 15 minutes to get myself figured out though.

All that to say, Deathwish Tour is my favorite touring ski ever made, and I keep falling for it harder every day I ski. And that white top sheet definitely sheds more snow than dark ones.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    It's hilarious to me how many people are expressing their difficulty kick turning on a twinned, more centered ski. I get that it requires a slight change in technique, but it's not like you're transitioning to a split board or something.

I prefer to tour on more tail-heavy skis just because my tip automatically lifts when I pivot through the kick turn. Makes breaking trail way easier, and makes those really steep, step-up kick turns much less of a struggle. Guess it all comes down to what you're used to though, I've had to make the adjustment back and forth from more "traditional" touring skis, to fun ones a few times, and never felt like it took me more than 15 minutes to get myself figured out though.

All that to say, Deathwish Tour is my favorite touring ski ever made, and I keep falling for it harder every day I ski. And that white top sheet definitely sheds more snow than dark ones.
    nice. did you get time on the 108 tour yet or just gravitate to the dw everyday?

Alright let's see what you guys think of my pickle:

I picked up some cheap Black Crows Anima's this season to use as my in-bounds powder ski. They are the 188 (measure 186), and I mounted them on the line which is -6cm I believe. I am 5'10", 155 lbs. I ski at Steamboat as my home resort - not super steep, lots of high-speed tree maneuvering as the most difficult terrain on this mountain. Also like to bounce off drops a bunch.

The last few powder days I've taken these out, I feel like they're either too much ski for me (too big), or too much ski for the mountain (not steep enough). If I put in maximum effort I can definitely get them to do what I want through the trees, but when I get a little lax the tails feel really f'ing long and it just feels like I start getting taken for a ride. Maybe I suck at skiing - who knows.

I might've bitten off more than I can chew, and I'm contemplating "downsizing" to the 184 Wildcat (measures closer to 182, also is lighter). I like what I've read, it's smaller and lighter, and seems like it'd be good for cooking through the trees as I do. I'm only worried about the similar numbers to the Anima as far as mounting point and the large-feeling tails.

Any thoughts? Is trading out worth it? Has anyone skied both of these? Do I need a more traditional-mounted ski? Do I need to take a lesson?

Thanks ya'll

I’ve skied Steamboat a lot.... I was there the last few days. I was trying to explain to my wife why I brought my Pescado’s instead of my 190cm Wildcats or On3p Wrenegade’s.

It’s a mountain that really wants super floaty skis that are either loose or have short radius skis. There is very little terrain where you can truly get up to speed.

I have skied the 184cm wildcat quite a bit and it would likely be more what you want. It feels quite a bit more playful and would be good in the tight trees. However, I don’t think it would be a perfect Steamboat POW day ski. It doesn’t float like a dedicated soft snow ski and won’t stay up in super l light champagne powder. I have skied my 190cm wildcats at Steamboat and they are ‘fine’ but don’t match the mountain.

A few skis to have on your radar.
    Meridian 117cm - it floats Better and is looser.
    Pescado - love my pair at Steamboat
    Bent Chetler 120 - might be fun for a dedicated storm ski.
    Jeffrey 116 - more backbone but turny

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Alright let's see what you guys think of my pickle:

A bi
    I picked up some cheap Black Crows Anima's this season to use as my in-bounds powder ski. They are the 188 (measure 186), and I mounted them on the line which is -6cm I believe. I am 5'10", 155 lbs. I ski at Steamboat as my home resort - not super steep, lots of high-speed tree maneuvering as the most difficult terrain on this mountain. Also like to bounce off drops a bunch.

The last few powder days I've taken these out, I feel like they're either too much ski for me (too big), or too much ski for the mountain (not steep enough). If I put in maximum effort I can definitely get them to do what I want through the trees, but when I get a little lax the tails feel really f'ing long and it just feels like I start getting taken for a ride. Maybe I suck at skiing - who knows.

I might've bitten off more than I can chew, and I'm contemplating "downsizing" to the 184 Wildcat (measures closer to 182, also is lighter). I like what I've read, it's smaller and lighter, and seems like it'd be good for cooking through the trees as I do. I'm only worried about the similar numbers to the Anima as far as mounting point and the large-feeling tails.

Any thoughts? Is trading out worth it? Has anyone skied both of these? Do I need a more traditional-mounted ski? Do I need to take a lesson?

Thanks ya'll

So ended up mounting my WCT 184 using the WC (non tour) measurements, due to the tail clip saddle interfering with locating of reccomended.

The WC reco line is 96.8cm from tip (-6), and I mounted my WCT's at 97.8cm to give me -1cm from reco.

FWIW the WCT reco mount point triangles were at 97.3cm and 97.8cm on each ski respectively... So it pays to measure.

Name:	20200112_132604.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	310329

Name:	20200112_132634.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	995.0 KB 
ID:	310330

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I’ve skied Steamboat a lot.... I was there the last few days. I was trying to explain to my wife why I brought my Pescado’s instead of my 190cm Wildcats or On3p Wrenegade’s.

It’s a mountain that really wants super floaty skis that are either loose or have short radius skis. There is very little terrain where you can truly get up to speed.

I have skied the 184cm wildcat quite a bit and it would likely be more what you want. It feels quite a bit more playful and would be good in the tight trees. However, I don’t think it would be a perfect Steamboat POW day ski. It doesn’t float like a dedicated soft snow ski and won’t stay up in super l light champagne powder. I have skied my 190cm wildcats at Steamboat and they are ‘fine’ but don’t match the mountain.

A few skis to have on your radar.
    Meridian 117cm - it floats Better and is looser.
    Pescado - love my pair at Steamboat
    Bent Chetler 120 - might be fun for a dedicated storm ski.
    Jeffrey 116 - more backbone but turny
    Thanks for your thoughts.

I guess my thought process is that while the champagne powder is great, Steamboat gets skied off FAST. So I do want something that floats, but then can also handle the bumped up hunt for powder through tight trees. I skied a 108 Atris last year and it was a pretty good Steamboat ski. My only issue was I wanted something a little wider, and it all went downhill from there -_-

A full-on pow surfer would be great for the first 3 runs, but then I'd want something with a little more backbone. Is the WC the ski that splits that difference? Or do I just get a pair of surf sticks for Steamboat (like the Nocta or Pescado) and buy a pair of WC 108s as travel skis for when I go to Aspen and Winter Park and Canada?
    Last edited by Jvhowube; 01-12-2020 at 05:05 PM.

I guess my thought process is that while the champagne powder is great, Steamboat gets skied off FAST. So I do want something that floats, but then can also handle the bumped up hunt for powder through tight trees. I skied a 108 Atris last year and it was a pretty good Steamboat ski. My only issue was I wanted something a little wider, and it all went downhill from there -_-

A full-on pow surfer would be great for the first 3 runs, but then I'd want something with a little more backbone. Is the WC the ski that splits that difference? Or do I just get a pair of surf sticks for Steamboat (like the Nocta or Pescado) and buy a pair of WC 108s as travel skis for when I go to Aspen and Winter Park and Canada?
    My choice for these circumstances in the PNW is the on3p billy goat. Really nice in trees (that RES tip will pivot) but far more stable in tracked snow than anything else I’ve ridden. The 184 actually measures 184.

That said, a very close second is the wildcat.

For the splendor of a pow surfer that is light and nimble and can manage after its tracked - bent chetler 120 is a super fun ski. Mount back of recommended
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I think there are better mid-point than the Anima for what you are saying. Anima is similar to the wildcat... but I don’t know many people who love the anima. It’s kinda like how the Dynafit Hokkaido was a lot like the 4frnt Renegade, but at the end of the day it was a much worse ski.

At Steamboat I really don’t mind surfer style pow skis... but that’s preference my experience has been that there isn’t terrain where you are going fast enough for the lack of stability to really bother me. I just mess around in trees and moguls when things are skied off.

Based on the fact you want some stability, I would say shorter length, shorter turning (maybe) and good core profile. Wildcat 184cm would be a good choice if you were okay with the atris as a powder ski, it will be better but still have more stability. On3p woodsman 116 or Jeffery 116 would be my go to choices though. Billy goat less so, because I’m less convinced we need RES in light snow and The hard snow stability wouldn’t match wildcat/woodsman.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    My choice for these circumstances in the PNW is the on3p billy goat. Really nice in trees (that RES tip will pivot) but far more stable in tracked snow than anything else I’ve ridden. The 184 actually measures 184.

That said, a very close second is the wildcat.

For the splendor of a pow surfer that is light and nimble and can manage after its tracked - bent chetler 120 is a super fun ski. Mount back of recommended
    I was thinking the same thing with The 184 Billy Goat. Never skied Steamboat but sounds pretty similar to White Pass and the BG rocks there no matter what kind of pow it is. Next choice would likely be a 184 Wildcat but not the 108. Woodsman 116 would be worth a consideration too.

Feeler for selling my WC 108, I thought I’d offer to the moment thread crew first. 190 cm, about 6 days on them, no big base hits or repairs, edges in great shape, 2 mounts (Marker Griffon on the line for 315 boots, Shift at +1.5cm for 317). Shifts are currently mounted and available for the right price, but I won’t mind keeping them and I won’t sell them separate.

Love the rocker profile, love the pow float, wish they were slightly heavier and more damp. Also, for their flex pattern I’d hope for a slightly tighter turn radius. Maybe I just need to get stronger to bash into set up bumps and crud.

What’s the good price? I’m imagining 550 flat, plus 450 for shifts if you want those. Net to me, you pay fees and shipping. Price police if necessary. I can provide pics via DM

Seems a bit high for a ski w/ 2 sets of holes, but they are a desirable ski so you might find a taker

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Seems a bit high for a ski w/ 2 sets of holes, but they are a desirable ski so you might find a taker
    I agree I think your price is reasonable with one set of holes.

Maiden voyage with my DWT 190s this morning. Although you could have a riot on anything in Wasatch right now, I had a glorious morning on the DWTs. Solo tour, so skied low-angle pow, which is exquisitely deep right now. Turned through some more wind affected stuff too, and am totally happy with how the DWTs behaved. Coming off of 185 Zero G 108s, the DWTs have a different balance point in the pow, but the long mellow flex tails give a big range to work with. Can totally get loose with them when desired. They rocked the harder-packed bobsled approach run as well. Interestingly, even given their longer overall length (190 vs 185) and identical arc (27m), the DWT's feel significantly turnier than the ZG108s. I am definitely happy I went with the 190s.
    I will also agree with cydwhit regarding skinning--that extra long tail cantilevers the tips up, makes it easier in my opinion. Also broke trail in knee deep fluff for a bit, and although I cannot call that easy, the tips did rise more reliably than breaking trail on my ZG108s.

Name:	DSC02833-01.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	585.5 KB 
ID:	310478

Best I can do taking photos of myself:

Name:	DSC01128-01.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	543.0 KB 
ID:	310480

Name:	DSC02840-01.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	460.3 KB 
ID:	310481
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02835-01.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	287.5 KB 
ID:	310479