Page 75 of 241 FirstFirst ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Pivot 15s or 18s?
    On TGR I'll say Pivot 18's to act tough but in real life I'll be running 15's. Raw or Forza. I really don't like the gold ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    On TGR I'll say Pivot 18's to act tough but in real life I'll be running 15's. Raw or Forza. I really don't like the gold ones...

I despise the gold ones.

I was already sold on the grey 15s after I saw the IG post with them on the new DWs.

Just dropping this off here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6172.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	338305

Name:	IMG_6173.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	338306

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Just dropping this off here...

Name:	IMG_6172.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	146.1 KB 
ID:	338305

Name:	IMG_6173.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	338306
    Fuuuck so much want...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Just do it.

I hemmed and hawed and bugged the shit out of Luke trying to decide on these or the bananas...very happy I went with these.

Super curious to see how the triple-camber + rocker combo feels. As a deathwish believer.

Just do it.

I hemmed and hawed and bugged the shit out of Luke trying to decide on these or the bananas...very happy I went with these.

Super curious to see how the triple-camber + rocker combo feels. As a deathwish believer.
    I was in the same boat as you. I only have 2 touring days on mine. As a DW junkie and owner of multiple pairs of 190s the 193 Ghost Train is the powder ski for me!

Just do it.

If I was to have a dedicated powder stick it would be the Ghost Train for sure

Just do it.

I know, right...
    Fasa already told me I need to ski these. But I have a pair of OG Billy Goats though... fuck, maybe I should quit skiing and take up yoga-- fewer difficult choice--whats the rocker/camber profile on that mat!?

I'm prepared to receive some smoke for this inquiry:

I have two pairs of touring skis from Moment, the Wildcat Tour and the Wildcat 108 Tour (both in 184cm).

I'm thinking of selling both to purchase the Deathwish Tour in the 179cm length (better for my small frame - I'm 5'8 and 145lbs).

I've never skied the Deathwish (tour or otherwise), but I believe that they could handle the bulk of what my two pairs of Wildcats are built for.

Have I gone bananas? Is there something wrong with my thinking? Will some of you agree with this decision just to see me post those pairs of Wildcats (both with one mount and both in excellent condition) on GS??

^ nah, but why size down? They ski short already. The death wish is the lightest tour ski made by the company as well. I’d go 184 in the deathwish!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TWODIEFOUR View Post

I have two pairs of touring skis from Moment, the Wildcat Tour and the Wildcat 108 Tour (both in 184cm).

I'm thinking of selling both to purchase the Deathwish Tour in the 179cm length (better for my small frame - I'm 5'8 and 145lbs).

I've never skied the Deathwish (tour or otherwise), but I believe that they could handle the bulk of what my two pairs of Wildcats are built for.

Have I gone bananas? Is there something wrong with my thinking? Will some of you agree with this decision just to see me post those pairs of Wildcats (both with one mount and both in excellent condition) on GS??
    I'd stick with the 184s regardless of which skis you end up with. I'm on the 190 108 Tours and I find they ski quite short due to the rocker, light weight, and softerish flex. I personally wouldn't want the 184s. I'm 5'8" 160, for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    I'd stick with the 184s regardless of which skis you end up with. I'm on the 190 108 Tours and I find they ski quite short due to the rocker, light weight, and softerish flex. I personally wouldn't want the 184s. I'm 5'8" 160, for reference.
    Good information - thanks. Will definitely opt for the 184s with the DW Tour. Feels a bit strange to trade two pairs of skis for one, but that seems to be the consensus on the DW Tour as one ski that checks a lot of boxes.

Stay tuned for the Wildcat Tour and Wildcat 108 Tour on GS...

Don't. If you ski enough pow to have bibby tours, you will lose a lot in sizing down and going deathwish in the soft. My direct comparison is having skied both the 184 dw and 190 bibby. Big difference in float and surfiness favoring the bibby. That could be length though, need to get on a 190 dw this year. Also the longer bibby charged harder where the shorter dw folded up - probably my shitty skiing and not applicable in a tour ski

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Don't. If you ski enough pow to have bibby tours, you will lose a lot in sizing down and going deathwish in the soft. My direct comparison is having skied both the 184 dw and 190 bibby. Big difference in float and surfiness favoring the bibby. That could be length though, need to get on a 190 dw this year. Also the longer bibby charged harder where the shorter dw folded up - probably my shitty skiing and not applicable in a tour ski
    A good counterpoint, sruffian. I imagine that the DW Tour is softer than the normal layup, too.

Like a lot of lighter weight skiers, I tend to appreciate a sturdy ski to do a bit of the work for me. Both Wildcats really do handle the charging and some chop, mank and sundry pretty well.

But this is a really tough balance with touring setups. Lightweight skiers on lightweight rigs can get bounced around quite a bit on the down and when you need to dig in on the edges, but you don't want too much weight on your feet for the up (given the bodyweight to rig ratio)...

A good counterpoint, sruffian. I imagine that the DW Tour is softer than the normal layup, too.

I have both the Deathwish and Deathwish tour in the same length. In pow they ski very similar but no question the lighter weight of the tour model loses some dampness of the regular version. The tour has less grip in hard snow conditions and the biggest difference is in chop. Tour version will toss you around significantly more.

The two WCs seem like a nice quiver. I think I would be pretty happy with that pairing.

I ski the standard weight DW and skied the WC 116 tour over the last couple of years. The WC 116 floats better than the DW. You'll lose float with the one ski quiver for sure.

I was hoping to use my WC tour as a side country/lift bump backcountry ski ...so I mounted them with shifts. I ended up taking them out most of my backcountry days....even on traverses with a lot of flat. It's not an ideal set up for all trips and conditions, especially with the heavy bindings, but I like the feel of the Moment tour layup.

I didn't get along with my second ski (stiff/light- other brand).

Ended up selling the second ski and getting a DW tour. I mounted them with a sub 300g binding and expect to use them for most backcountry days.

Although the WC tour will provide better float than the DW, I don't feel there is enough contrast with the DW. I'm selling them and have moved the shifts to Chipotle Bananas. The Bananas will be used for lift bumps, pure inbounds, and when I feel like hauling weight on sub 1500m days. At 186 cm, they aren't crazy heavy....

Mostly, I think 2 skis will be more fun than 1...even if the DW tour sounds like a great 1 ski quiver.

I think with a very versatile primary ski, like the DW, it makes it easy to make your second ski more specialized.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    The two WCs seem like a nice quiver. I think I would be pretty happy with that pairing.

I ski the standard weight DW and skied the WC 116 tour over the last couple of years. The WC 116 floats better than the DW. You'll lose float with the one ski quiver for sure.
    Although the WC tour will provide better float than the DW, I don't feel there is enough contrast with the DW. I'm selling them and have moved the shifts to Chipotle Bananas. The Bananas will be used for lift bumps, pure inbounds, and when I feel like hauling weight on sub 1500m days. At 186 cm, they aren't crazy heavy....

Mostly, I think 2 skis will be more fun than 1...even if the DW tour sounds like a great 1 ski quiver.

I think with a very versatile primary ski, like the DW, it makes it easy to make your second ski more specialized.
    Thanks Mike, super helpful info. Moving to Montana for the winter (usually ski Tahoe area) and so I'm trying to figure out whether to slim down the quiver, versus keeping a broad range of tools for various conditions. It's a tough decision with quite a few factors to consider. Should also note that I have the regular Bibby Pros (with shifts) in addition to both pairs of Wildcats, so I'm seeing a lot of overlap in my quiver these days...

Still considering options, and really appreciate all the feedback!

Moment Skis Discussion

^ damn dude, you’re set! I wouldn’t change a thing.

FYI, I live in Bozeman and the majority of days that I get out and BC ski, I’m on the touring fat cat. I’m stoked on it, but would gladly ski the 108 version for a spring or low tide ski.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^ damn dude, you’re set! I wouldn’t change a thing.

FYI, I live in Bozeman and the majority of days that I get out and BC ski, I’m on the touring fat cat. I’m stoked on it, but would gladly ski the 108 version for a spring or low tide ski.
    Thanks SUPERIOR for the Montana advice.

Sometimes we don't realize what we have...kinda reconsidering my urge to give up this part of my quiver now.

Oh, and it would be great to connect with some people like yourself while I'm around as well!

Here's a question that I'm sure has never been asked; W108 or Deathwish?

WAIT, before you throw the rotten fruit, hear me out... I'm trying to replace the Salomon Rocker2 108 from circa 2011? (Fuck, that was a long time ago!)

And you're thinking, "What the shit, yo? Why would you want to find a replacement to that beater-ass ski?!" Well, a few reasons, While it wasn't charge, or damp, or particularly stiff, it was a fun ski. On small storm total days, soft snow days, and skiing during storms; it was great. Surfy, playful (though I'm not a jibber), and easy. I loved it, save for the lack of backbone. And the bonus was that in the 190cm length, the waist width was upped to 111mm. A perfect tweener ski.

I've not yet since found a replacement. I tried the Black Crows Atris last year and was underwhelmed. It's a great ski, just not what I'm looking to fill. So my mind turns back to Moment. I loved, and skied the shit of a pair of 190 Bibbys. I also have a pair of Tahoes, Exit Worlds, and Underworlds; the latter two for touring. I love them.

I looking at spec sheets; seems like the Wildcat 108 and Deathwish are excellent choices.

The Deathwish seems be a great choice; 112mm underfoot, typical (read: excellent) Moment ski feel, surfy, fun, and versatile. However, their waist width is awfully close to my ON3P Billygoats.

Tha brings me to the Wildcat 108; a skinnier Bibby, still surfy, can charge, maintains some dampness with that pop when you want to ski like an idiot.

Both have rad-ass graphics this year that will totally match the steeze of my flo-orange FKS binders.

My head says W108, my heart says Deathwish. What say you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    The Deathwish seems be a great choice; 112mm underfoot, typical (read: excellent) Moment ski feel, surfy, fun, and versatile. However, their waist width is awfully close to my ON3P Billygoats.
    I might as well reveal the rest of my quiver.

I posted above about 3 of the 5 skis I use.

For pure resort I am on Volkl Mantra 102s, Deathwish, and the BillyGoats. I don't find there to be much overlap between the BillyGoats and the Deathwishes. I use the BillyGoats on storm days (the Chipotle Banana are new this year, they might work here) and in the heavy chop the day after storms. Basically, if I am skiing mostly 3D snow, I use the Goats.

I ski the deathwishes when I am mostly skiing soft packed snow, less than 15cm of fresh, or when I am hunting for deeper stashes. Tight trees etc. These are the skis I use most days.

The Mantras are for when it's pretty firm all over. Keeping with Moment, the new Commanders look interesting in this spot.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the WC 108 or the DW. If you are leaning towards the DW, I wouldn't worry too much about overlap with the BillyGoats. I haven't skied the WC 108, but I would guess that you can charge a bit harder on those than the DW..but man are the DWs fun skis!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    I might as well reveal the rest of my quiver.

I posted above about 3 of the 5 skis I use.

For pure resort I am on Volkl Mantra 102s, Deathwish, and the BillyGoats. I don't find there to be much overlap between the BillyGoats and the Deathwishes. I use the BillyGoats on storm days (the Chipotle Banana are new this year, they might work here) and in the heavy chop the day after storms. Basically, if I am skiing mostly 3D snow, I use the Goats.

I ski the deathwishes when I am mostly skiing soft packed snow, less than 15cm of fresh, or when I am hunting for deeper stashes. Tight trees etc. These are the skis I use most days.

The Mantras are for when it's pretty firm all over. Keeping with Moment, the new Commanders look interesting in this spot.

I don't think you can go wrong with either the WC 108 or the DW. If you are leaning towards the DW, I wouldn't worry too much about overlap with the BillyGoats. I haven't skied the WC 108, but I would guess that you can charge a bit harder on those than the DW..but man are the DWs fun skis!
    All great points. If I want to charge or I'm on firm snow, I have both the ON3p Vicik still around and the aforementioned Tahoes. So maybe that does mean the Deathwish?

I guess now that I think about it, the W108 is awuflly close to my Viciks - width-wise - at 104 or 106 underfoot. I forget which version I have, exactly...

W108 is the ski that I had hoped the Atris would be.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Wildcat Tour is the tits, that is all. Zero regrets and approximately 60 - 70 days on mine last year, in everything from blower thigh deep pow to corn, couloirs, trees, Japan, Montana, Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    W108 is the ski that I had hoped the Atris would be.
    +1