Page 185 of 241 FirstFirst ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,625 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Never injected epoxy, I’ll have to look into that. This seems like what needs to happen. Wondering Marine epoxy is the way since it’s flexible…(thinking aloud here

Edit: sounds like G flex liquid epoxy and an injector are what is needed. Probably take a junk ski and use the tip for the clamping surface or could just pull the bindings and use it’s mate.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Warm up the epoxy, it'll make it less viscous

Great point - I do this almost all of the time with epoxy. 7 seconds in the nuker and it flows like beer in Asspen.
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Good stuff guys, thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by billhill View Post
    For anyone East of the Mississippi curious about all things Moment, Fire On The Mountain in Dover, NH has been selling Moment's for a couple of seasons so far. They have demos of the following models: Deathwish 104, Wildcat 101 and Commander 98. Not a lot of options in the East to check these out in person so wanted to pass this along. They also stock Wildcat and Deathwish Tour models and Hot Mess and Bella Tour for the ladies. Of course, plenty of binding options to go with the skis from Pivots to ATK. Give a call and get set up today for a test run. Snow is finally coming to the East!
    All in stock Moments are now 20% off. It's Spring baby!

I took a lap at Kirkwood today on my buddy's 182 Commander 108s. There are pretty much rocket ships and now I must have a pair in 188 or 194 to replace my 110 Enforcers. I accept the 94s may kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    I took a lap at Kirkwood today on my buddy's 182 Commander 108s. There are pretty much rocket ships and now I must have a pair in 188 or 194 to replace my 110 Enforcers. I accept the 94s may kill me.
    I've been on the 188 Commander 108 for the past 8 ski days. Love these things. All the power I want, but still manageable. Lean into them and they accelerate like a sports car. Handle bumps surprisingly well and give back a lot of energy. Not great in powder, but I've been on way worse. If looking for a playful charger, they are 70% charge/30% playful which is just about perfect for me. 6'1", 200# and ski the PNW, primarily at Alpental.

Just picked up a pair of commander 98s in 188 from another mag - skiing them at keystone today with the fam. Pretty excited to let them run and eat - even if it’s only for a run here and there while I wrangle the minions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

I just put up a pair of Commander 124s in GS in case anyone is interested

Just snagged the first 188 Countach.. Hopfully I get a prize!

Stoked to get on these... Been asking for a more substantial OG commander for a minute.

https://www.momentskis.com/collectio...s/countach-110

Quote Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
    If you’re looking for a pair of 188s. I have a flat set that were drilled once for pivots. I am in Canada however. PM me if interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    If you’re looking for a pair of 188s. I have a flat set that were drilled once for pivots. I am in Canada however. PM me if interested!
    PMd

Did I miss it up-thread, or is a nice Countach rocker profile pic yet to be posted?

Moment Skis Discussion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2667.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	843.9 KB 
ID:	455340

From earlier in the thread

^^^Splendid, thanks! 😃

Strange comparison but has anyone been on the DW 104 and Countach? I just decided that I am buying anther ski for inbounds purposes. My quiver for resorts has been OG 190 dw and a 194 ghost train. I ski the wasatch and haven't ever needed another spring ski per se. My old man was convincing me to hop on a dw 104 on a spring day and it's a lot more fun in those conditions. Any reason I would have more fun on the new ski in slush days and hard snow over the dw 104? I ski the dw, gt, and wct all at plus two of reccomend and would plan to do the same on Countach as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    Strange comparison but has anyone been on the DW 104 and Countach? I just decided that I am buying anther ski for inbounds purposes. My quiver for resorts has been OG 190 dw and a 194 ghost train. I ski the wasatch and haven't ever needed another spring ski per se. My old man was convincing me to hop on a dw 104 on a spring day and it's a lot more fun in those conditions. Any reason I would have more fun on the new ski in slush days and hard snow over the dw 104? I ski the dw, gt, and wct all at plus two of reccomend and would plan to do the same on Countach as well.
    Also curious. Have a DW, WC and looking for something for low tide and bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    This quiver has me green with envy. I regret selling my OG DW everyday. Hoping for one this next year. 13/14 specifically.

+2 on a dw104 would be wacky. I have this years 190 and finally got a spring day under them sunday, they rip. The countach is awesome but I think I’d lean dw104 for spring playful

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    +2 on a dw104 would be wacky. I have this years 190 and finally got a spring day under them sunday, they rip. The countach is awesome but I think I’d lean dw104 for spring playful

Same. I am guessing without any actual runs on them that the countach is more like the commander than the wildcat. More charge bias, less play.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I tried the Countach at Blister Summit and really enjoyed them, they felt like solid chargers without being demanding and still had a balanced playfulness to them. They handled new snow and soft chop really well, esp for 110 underfoot. Their copy seems pretty spot on, if I was looking for a ski to narrow the quiver down with, this would be it.

Anyone have much time on the 179 Sierra tour? Looking for some real world feedback as a spring touring ski?

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    I tried the Countach at Blister Summit and really enjoyed them, they felt like solid chargers without being demanding and still had a balanced playfulness to them. They handled new snow and soft chop really well, esp for 110 underfoot. Their copy seems pretty spot on, if I was looking for a ski to narrow the quiver down with, this would be it.
    Can you compare them to a regular deathwish?

Anyone have the actual measured length on the Countach 188? Looks like my ideal ski, but a hair long for me if it is actually bigger than about 186.
    Looks like it would be a good thing to put Shifts on too, at under 10lbs a pair.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Be interested to see if there's a Countach 100-ish by end of next season. I've got one more season before my DW104 becomes a rock ski I suspect. I could do with a bit less tail rocker and more directionality but the Commander is too much ski for most patrol-speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Anyone have the actual measured length on the Countach 188? Looks like my ideal ski, but a hair long for me if it is actually bigger than about 186.
    Looks like it would be a good thing to put Shifts on too, at under 10lbs a pair.
    I'd go by edge length. I've found that to be the best thing for figuring out what Moments I should get.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.