Page 81 of 241 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 6017
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    The WCT 108's are fine on hardpack and are my touring daily driver as they perform well in a variety of conditions. They're very quick edge to edge. I'm 5' 11" / 185 pounds - I'm on the 184's. I'd say they're more of a logical comparison to the DWT's than the regular WC Tours based on width underfoot.
    I can second the WCT108s being solid on hardpack. I’ve skied non-pow resort days on mine and not regretted my ski choice. Not sure I’d feel the same about the DWTs, they definitely feel like a touring ski on hardpack.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Kevo,
    I’m 5’10” and hangout around 200lb. I skied the 184 WC tour a couple seasons ago and was fine. I’m leaning towards going back to the WC over deathwish as I have other skis for less pow specific days.
    Interesting. Was reading in a couple pages back where people were being encouraged to go long. Good to hear that isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule.

The WCT 108's are fine on hardpack and are my touring daily driver as they perform well in a variety of conditions. They're very quick edge to edge. I'm 5' 11" / 185 pounds - I'm on the 184's. I'd say they're more of a logical comparison to the DWT's than the regular WC Tours based on width underfoot.
    Thanks. Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting the WCT 108 for me over the regular WCT?

I'd say the 108 vs 116/118 is a completely different ski and you probably know which ski you should buy. Whether it is a tour or regular core. The fat cat is a versatile pow ski that can be skied everywhere, the 108 is an all-rounder than can be skied in pow. I know that many folks tour in pow on things in the 108 range, I have a lot more fun skiing pow on a fatter ski. So to me, it comes down is what is the purpose of the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Thanks. Not sure I follow. Are you suggesting the WCT 108 for me over the regular WCT?
    Yes, if you're concerned about hard pack / mixed conditions performance. And they do just fine in deeper snow. Plus you save a little more weight.

Talked to Moment on the phone and decided to go with the DWT in a 190 with the Voyager binding. Thanks Moment/mags!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    No idea if it would sell, but it'd be dope to see a true touring version of the commander in the future -- something like a commander 95 in 183 with a bit of titanal, >20m radius, lower tail rocker, <1700g.
    X2. I’ve been waiting for tour versions of something like the commander series for longer than Moment has been pressing touring skis. I remember bugging Luke about this a bunch of years ago. I really like the sound of how the current touring range skis, and definitely would have bought the WCT108 a few years ago if it had been available, but I won’t buy a touring ski with a full twin tail. Unless you’re taking it switch to the road they serve zero purpose on a touring ski and are annoying in many instances. This is based on lots of days spent touring on the OG Deathwish, which was as close to a narrower Bibby as I could get at the time. Bibby and DW are still in the fleet and get ridden regularly - just not with touring bindings anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Talked to Moment on the phone and decided to go with the DWT in a 190 with the Voyager binding. Thanks Moment/mags!
    Don’t let my twin tail comments reduce your stoke. The DW is a very versatile and very fun ski. I never once had anything but great days on mine and loved not having to think about my skis no matter the conditions. If mine were the current touring version and skied anything like my OGs do I would still be touring on them. Yours are going to be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    Don’t let my twin tail comments reduce your stoke. The DW is a very versatile and very fun ski. I never once had anything but great days on mine and loved not having to think about my skis no matter the conditions. If mine were the current touring version and skied anything like my OGs do I would still be touring on them. Yours are going to be awesome!
    Gotcha. I would have definitely bought a non-twin tail version had they been available over the twin tail version. I don't ski switch. A tail rocker can help release an edge in certain conditions, but I'd be perfectly happy on a non-twin or smaller tail for touring purposes.

The tail on the DWT isn't even turned up all that much. Sure it could be considered a twin, but I bought the 184 for this year and I have zero concerns about it

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    The tail on the DWT isn't even turned up all that much. Sure it could be considered a twin, but I bought the 184 for this year and I have zero concerns about it
    On the 190. Zero concerns. Plenty of contact/surface area for skinning. As long as you don’t mount 5cm behind the line or desperately need flat tails to stuff into the snow, you’re golden.
    Last edited by SupreChicken; 10-23-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    On the 190. Zero concerns. Plenty of contact/surface area for skinning. As long as you don’t mount 5cm behind the line or desperately need flat tails to stuff into the snow, you’re golden.
    Good to know, thanks.

Important to note that there is definitely an advantage to tail rockers in 3D snow. I'm very much looking forward to skiing mine next month.

IME 95% of your grip when skinning is on the 125cm or so in the middle of the ski under your foot. Haven't noticed any traction difference at all skinning on twin tips vs. skis with very flat tails. YMMV. And I actually prefer some tail rocker for kick turns.

Any Canadians that can comment on import fees with Moment goods shipped north of the border?

Jonesing for the Voyager 14's, but wondering how much I'd be into them for after import fees, since the retail price is $699USD/$920ish CDN. Realize GST/PST will apply.

The free international shipping will help, but don't want to get slapped with some massive fee at the border.

Not sure if I can justify over a g note for bindings. But I'll probably find a way - sell my kidney or what have you.
    Last edited by bigdeaner14; 10-25-2020 at 01:59 PM.

IME 95% of your grip when skinning is on the 125cm or so in the middle of the ski under your foot. Haven't noticed any traction difference at all skinning on twin tips vs. skis with very flat tails. YMMV. And I actually prefer some tail rocker for kick turns.
    +1

I use kicker skins on a reverse camber Meridian most of the time & manage well.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post
    Any Canadians that can comment on import fees with Moment goods shipped north of the border?

Jonesing for the Voyager 14's, but wondering how much I'd be into them for after import fees, since the retail price is $699USD/$920ish CDN. Realize GST/PST will apply.

The free international shipping will help, but don't want to get slapped with some massive fee at the border.

Not sure if I can justify over a g note for bindings. But I'll probably find a way - sell my kidney or what have you.
    When I get skis from moment it’s usually between 40-70 CAD

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post

I know that there is zero import fees/customs for skis and boots from the US into Canada, though I’m not sure if that also applies to bindings. I only ordered skis from Moment but had zero issues with them shipping to Canada customs-wise.

weighed a pair of 184 Death Wish Tours today, 1717g and 1723g. Only 6g/0.3% difference between the skis! That's impressive consistency.

weighed a pair of 184 Death Wish Tours today, 1717g and 1723g. Only 6g/0.3% difference between the skis! That's impressive consistency.
    Mine were 1738 and 1732 quite impressive consistency

I have paid a $10 brokerage fee and about $10 gst (depending on the USD conversion rate) for my last 4 moment skis. Nafta helps with ski made in US. I am assuming the bindings are made in Europe though..

Hi. Mine were a little heavier (around 1750gr). But the balance could be wrong. No matter.

Could you tell me how much camber do your DWT have?

Mine have around 8mm. Far too much as I was expected something like 2mm. Flat camber is the way of life!

Quote Originally Posted by lesssismore View Post
    Hi. Mine were a little heavier (around 1750gr). But the balance could be wrong. No matter.

Could you tell me how much camber do your DWT have?

Mine have around 8mm. Far too much as I was expected something like 2mm. Flat camber is the way of life!
    This pair had a decent amount of camber. Why would someone who wants flat camber get a ski marketed as ‘triple camber?’

This pair had a decent amount of camber. Why would someone who wants flat camber get a ski marketed as ‘triple camber?’
    three lefts make a right, three cambers make a flat

Flat was way ambitious, although my Ghost Train has micro camber zones and is flat in the middle...
    The front and rear camber "pockets" of the DW provide the grip and the center camber is minimized. But the shape of this serie of DWT seems a little different from the original Deathwish shape.

Purely bc there is not a single other place where anyone on the entire interweb where anyone would give a shit about this. I present...what happens if you get a divorce during a pandemic, end up w a workout room but no wife, and begin dating a fitness instructor who wants a bar and you also happen to love moment skis and want to see them when you attempt to work out at home during the aforementioned pandemic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	345424

Quote Originally Posted by ender9099 View Post
    Purely bc there is not a single other place where anyone on the entire interweb where anyone would give a shit about this. I present...what happens if you get a divorce during a pandemic, end up w a workout room but no wife, and begin dating a fitness instructor who wants a bar and you also happen to love moment skis and want to see them when you attempt to work out at home during the aforementioned pandemic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	room.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	345424
    You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk