Page 172 of 239 FirstFirst ... 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5956

Moment Skis Discussion

I really dug the Meridians for the short time I had on em! Felt like I could get a little over the front end occasionally, mostly coming off of drops at speed but never in like a park situation. Felt like BeHuWe pretty much nailed it, would only add that they were a ball in the bumps as well. I also have Naners in the 193 and I’m a big fan of Moment’s take on full rocker. Based on how Jvhowube describes his skiing style I would think you’d get along really well with the Meridians. Would also agree with detuning those tails, probably make a world of difference.
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Finally. After demoing a pair 5 years ago, I am reunited with the deathwishes. Thanks Mustonen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20221202_200334502.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	436466

Alright collective, new DW 104’s arriving Monday. I have px15’s and some older blue p15’s that could go on there. OR do I spoil myself and order some new gold p15’s. Feel wierd putting used bindings on brand new skis considering I never buy new skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

The gold P15s are sooo good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Alright collective, new DW 104’s arriving Monday. I have px15’s and some older blue p15’s that could go on there. OR do I spoil myself and order some new gold p15’s. Feel wierd putting used bindings on brand new skis considering I never buy new skis.

New skis deserve new bindings… at least that’s what I tell myself every time. Also can’t resist the urge to try to color match or contrast match.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    New skis deserve new bindings… at least that’s what I tell myself every time. Also can’t resist the urge to try to color match or contrast match.
    This is the way

I put used bindings on ski's most of the time and I could care less about the color combo. Function vs. Art I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    I put used bindings on ski's most of the time and I could care less about the color combo. Function vs. Art I suppose.
    Same... Or whatever binders I picked up cheap the year before on Corbet's.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

TL;DR
    If you think you may be overthinking it--you are.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    I really dug the Meridians for the short time I had on em! Felt like I could get a little over the front end occasionally, mostly coming off of drops at speed but never in like a park situation. Felt like BeHuWe pretty much nailed it, would only add that they were a ball in the bumps as well. I also have Naners in the 193 and I’m a big fan of Moment’s take on full rocker. Based on how Jvhowube describes his skiing style I would think you’d get along really well with the Meridians. Would also agree with detuning those tails, probably make a world of difference.
    Second this! My wife is on the meridian in a 171 and all she wants to ski are bumps because they are so easy to pilot and pivot

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Compared to a DW, PBJ, Wildcat 108/fat cat, the C98 rewards a more forward, driving stance. It definitely feels less razor-y (I'd use different adjectives, as I don't love the DW triple-camber, but everyone's different). Definitely less surfy than DW, but that's the width and upturned DW tail too.

Turn radius feels more smooth and powerful.

Requires a bit more precision, and definitely less playful v. a PBJ. Landings are a bit firmer too - more power, less poppy ease.

I love both the PBJ and the C98.

If you want more of a flat-tailed charger, go C98. If you want the DW triple-camber magic (that others love), I'd say go DW104. I haven't been on the W101, but I would imagine it's like the PBJ and is the most playful, jumpy, and park-oriented of the bunch. But it still absolutely rails turns as it is nice and stiff underfoot.

Turns out I like these skis. Now, if only there was a Commander Tour 94...then I could stop messing around with Moment's competitors. Cmon Moment, make me an honest woman!
    Thanks, MM. I think what I’m looking for is something a little quicker edge to edge, not necessarily more stable than the DW so maybe the Wildcat 101 would be the way to go as opposed to the C98.

Agreed on the C94 Tour front, would bring it into a little
    better weight class than the 104. Or just bring back the Meridian Tour into the regular rotation again.

Moment Skis Discussion

Demoed this seasons Wildcat Tour 108s 190 today with tech bindings and absolutely loved them

Signed DW Tour owner

Thoughts of how these compared to your DW Tour?

I’ve been on the DW tour for a few years. I like it a lot… but I’ve been a little curious.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Demoed this seasons Wildcat Tour 108s 190 today with tech bindings and absolutely loved them

Signed DW Tour owner

Last month I grabbed Jbrines C124’s off him from gear swap. I was nervous about how they would ski, being from the commander lineage. For reference, I use to ski Bobby’s and wildcats as a go to, but my taste changed to less progressive mounted skis. My first day of the season on snow was the 18” day last week at Crystal. While I wanted to ski something familiar, I knew this would be the day to try them. From the first turn in them, I was surprised how forgiving they were. They have a great flex pattern that doesn’t require you to haul ass to get the ski to work. They were a pleasure to ski on wide open terrain and in the trees. 10/10 would recommend snagging a pair of they pop up.

That awesome to hear. Love that they were already let loose in their natural and pure habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

X-post from gear swap: I over-bought this year and picked up both DW104's and CMD108's. The Commanders are more my speed so I'm catch and releasing the 104's. DM me if you're interested.

Question guys - how far up the tails do I detune (WC 108)?

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    I detuned mine to the contact points - makes them a lot easier to pivot and less hooky. I'm not sure what the factory tune is for the most recent skis, but I set mine at 2/1 (I think they were 1/1 in 2020 when I bought them) in addition.

^From back in August-
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    It's actually always been close to 1/1.5 but now we run the skis through the base edge process multiple times to ensure we are achieving a 1.5 degree base bevel every single time.

This process change was modified sometime last winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    On the WC108 and WC I detuned 2” past the wide points on the tips and tails. I then went another 1-2 past those points and they got looser with no noticeable difference in edge hold on firmer snow.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post

I’ve been on the DW tour for a few years. I like it a lot… but I’ve been a little curious.
    Pretty much everything that’s been echoed about the regular DW and WC108 above,
    Less “catchy” and better maneuverability.

The biggest advantage was that I felt that I could easily throw the tails out on the WC108 for more control

Took them in bumps with soft chop and they were super fun

My biggest complaint on my DWTs is that I always feel on my heels, they are mounted OTL but maybe with pack weight it just feels like I’m always catching that back camber. Maybe this can be solved with a more forward mount, but the new WCT108s just felt great.

Says the guy who just ripped his regular DW all day in 6-12 and had a blast

#skiingruinedmylife
    Last edited by possum; 12-06-2022 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post

I went for the WC108 Tours first and then went to DWT because I ski the normal DW inbounds. Honestly, I don’t think there’s a significant difference but for me a little wider platform wasn’t a negative and I can’t say I’ve ever felt the camber pocket behind the boot catching or hooking up.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don’t see any reason to switch it up to the WCT108 if you’re enjoying the DWT or vice versa. Unless you just feel like trying something new and very slightly different.

Still my favorite ski shape after all these years

186 Comi 09/10
    190 WC 21/22
    184 WC 108 22/23
    190 WC 108 19/20

Name:	C7EYs2P.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	437459

Name:	xtDGRLZ.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	437460
    If you can't dig it, you ain't got no shovel

Moment Skis Discussion

Behold Moment Night Trains powered by Microsoft Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6593.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	1,016.4 KB 
ID:	437629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6594.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	437631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6598.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	982.4 KB 
ID:	437632
    So downsizing ski length due to injury and picked these up cheap.
    I would love to know the story on this colab…

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

Name:	IMG_6597.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	923.0 KB 
ID:	437633

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/