Page 106 of 241 FirstFirst ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 6015
    Anyone here ski this year's C98 and can compare it to the Jskis Master Blaster? I need a 90-100MM low tide ski that can hold a solid edge but is still fun in big moguls and trees. Currently running the Mantra M5 and while it is a blast ripping groomers, off-piste it isn't my favorite. WC190 is my soft snow ski and I honestly have been using it between storms over my M5 just because it is so much fun everywhere but the groomers. And even on groomers I can crank out nice turns but obviously that isn't the ski's strong suit!

Based on all the blister reviews the only ski that seems to fit the bill is the Jskis MB. It sounds like reviews were mixed on the prior versions of the C98, but with the new updates this year I'm hoping that perhaps it might be the right ski for me? The only other ski I can think of is the Ranger 102 FR but that ski feels a bit flimsy to me and I'm pretty sure that rocks and hard skiing will eat it up after a season.

Hoping some of you guys can help me out!

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    Anything with triple camber I would mount OTL.
    Why do you say that? Moment has marks on the ski for +2 to -2 and the Blister review said they’d see no problem mounting back a couple cm. I won’t be spinning or skiing switch on these, and I’m 220 kitted up, so I figured a little ways back would be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Anyone here ski this year's C98 and can compare it to the Jskis Master Blaster? I need a 90-100MM low tide ski that can hold a solid edge but is still fun in big moguls and trees. Currently running the Mantra M5 and while it is a blast ripping groomers, off-piste it isn't my favorite. WC190 is my soft snow ski and I honestly have been using it between storms over my M5 just because it is so much fun everywhere but the groomers. And even on groomers I can crank out nice turns but obviously that isn't the ski's strong suit!

Based on all the blister reviews the only ski that seems to fit the bill is the Jskis MB. It sounds like reviews were mixed on the prior versions of the C98, but with the new updates this year I'm hoping that perhaps it might be the right ski for me? The only other ski I can think of is the Ranger 102 FR but that ski feels a bit flimsy to me and I'm pretty sure that rocks and hard skiing will eat it up after a season.

Ranger 102 is a sick ski, but youre prob right re durability vs moments. Mine are totally fine in tahoe, but friends in big sky have been chewing theirs up on that rockpile.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Why do you say that? Moment has marks on the ski for +2 to -2 and the Blister review said they’d see no problem mounting back a couple cm. I won’t be spinning or skiing switch on these, and I’m 220 kitted up, so I figured a little ways back would be ok.
    How tall are you? I feel like at 220 you should be on the 190.

I've talked to Fasa at length about mountpoints on several skis, and the DW is the one he's always said not to move. It is your ski however, so do with as you please.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    How tall are you? I feel like at 220 you should be on the 190.

I've talked to Fasa at length about mountpoints on several skis, and the DW is the one he's always said not to move. It is your ski however, so do with as you please.
    Only 5-10” and 190 lbs without gear. This will be a one-ski touring quiver and I didn’t want to have the 190s hanging off my pack when booting. Thanks for the tip, maybe I’ll move it up a bit.

I haven't skied the C98, so take this with several grains of salt.

The MB is a super fun ski and I love mine - is fun enough carving but is also playful and easier to throw around in trees/bumps. Its got a good top end and great suspension, but is also easy enough to ski that I can noodle around on greens w/ my 6 year old. I have no plans to get on any other ~95-100mm skis any time soon, as the MBs tick all the boxes for me.

Based on what folks here have said I suspect that the C98 is going to be less forgiving than the MB, but also have a higher top end. I think the tail is also more flat, so it will have the pros and cons that come with a more traditional rocker profile (relative to the MB).

So the question (I think) is what you really want in your skinnier ski - if you want something that will really rage, I would go with the C98. If you want something that is more forgiving any playful, but can still rage reasonably hard, I would go with the MB. I suspect that if you don't like the M5 in the bumps you probably would like the MB more than the C98, but that's just a guess.

There's also the skinny WC too - any reason why you aren't looking at that if you already like your fat cats?

Thanks! that was some really good insight on the MB vs. C98 vs. M5

When I chatted with the Moment guys online, based on what I was looking for they recommended the C98 over the WC101. I also haven't see much in terms of reviews for the WC101 so it's tough to build up the courage to buy it without having demo'd or read what ol' Ellsworth and Koppa think of the ski.

Even the moment website reviews for the ski rave more about the topsheets and Fasa's customer service and give little specifics about the ski performance other than some claim about "These skis carve up groomers like a hot samurai sword and blast crud like a jacked up monster truck" or something along those lines.....

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    I haven't skied the C98, so take this with several grains of salt.

The MB is a super fun ski and I love mine - is fun enough carving but is also playful and easier to throw around in trees/bumps. Its got a good top end and great suspension, but is also easy enough to ski that I can noodle around on greens w/ my 6 year old. I have no plans to get on any other ~95-100mm skis any time soon, as the MBs tick all the boxes for me.
    WC101
    Based on what folks here have said I suspect that the C98 is going to be less forgiving than the MB, but also have a higher top end. I think the tail is also more flat, so it will have the pros and cons that come with a more traditional rocker profile (relative to the MB).

So the question (I think) is what you really want in your skinnier ski - if you want something that will really rage, I would go with the C98. If you want something that is more forgiving any playful, but can still rage reasonably hard, I would go with the MB. I suspect that if you don't like the M5 in the bumps you probably would like the MB more than the C98, but that's just a guess.

There's also the skinny WC too - any reason why you aren't looking at that if you already like your fat cats?

I would start OTL like KM1 says because of triple camber. I have a DW that I have put allot of holes in 1st mounted OTL, 2nd -2cm did not work. 3rd -1cm works better in Powder soft crud but not firm crud and groomers. Triple camber feels best OTL. I have been bouncing bindings from OTL to -1cm When the holes blow out I will install quiver killers.

Did anyone else snag the new blades? Pretty stoked to throw some pivots on them, absolutely suck coming down the mountain, but then just go to bar and call it a day by noon.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Did anyone else snag the new blades? Pretty stoked to throw some pivots on them, absolutely suck coming down the mountain, but then just go to bar and call it a day by noon.
    I am going to put demo binders on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I am going to put demo binders on mine.
    Shifts on mine for rhando gnar

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Shifts on mine for rhando gnar
    Tele those blades or go home.
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Skied both the MasterBlaster from J a couple seasons ago (not much change, if any that I can tell) and this year's MC 98. MB is looser, more playful, less demanding, lower speed limit, less authoritative ...no real freightrain-torpedo mode. C98 defintely more beefy feeling, more demanding, more directional and stronger when surfaces get irregular snow. MB felt more like a playful freeride-like ski with some metal to keep it calm at speed and get some carving torsional strength. This year's Commander 98 is more baddass, romping-stomping feel to it with a higher speed limit and pressure tolerance. Very different feel IMHO. MB takes less out of you at the end of the day than the C98, but I'd get more confidence in wacked-out snow conditions with the C98...less deflection, but less playful, yet you can break the C98s loose to scrub speed on-demand and re-set a serious grip into the surface right away. I'd say the MB is more friendly in bumpy conditions (or at least less abrupt feeling when bumps turn into piles of snow between patches of boilerplate late in the day after a lot of skier traffic). I liked the MB... definitely less demanding than the C98, but the C98's got more muscle when needed and a higher speed limit. MB=less agressive, C98=more agressive. C98 has a beefier build than the MB...would probably last longer I guess...
    Mass-Produced Skiers Use Mass-Produced Skis
    Rip it up with something different.
    Support small and independent ski builders
    http://www.ExoticSkis.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Give em a 1.5* base bevel and detune quite a bit. Trust me, you want them loose.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    Give em a 1.5* base bevel and detune quite a bit. Trust me, you want them loose.
    +1 on the detune... Bummed I missed this year's blades, was thinking of starting a collection.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I’m new to the Moment family, looking forward to getting these mounted up this week!

DWT 184, thinking -6.5 mount

Attachment 365624

I have the same quiver, go on the line with the Deathwish Tour. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201002_135656262.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	366153

I ski my 190 DW at the rearmost triangle and they rock there. I wouldn't go outside of the marks but anywhere in there should be fine. Fasa is the one who told me to mount it there so idk maybe he has changed his tune over the years or maybe it's because I'm on half a binding but if you plan on skiing then forwards in backcountry snow, then I would totally go back from the line. Especially at 220, the 184s aren't going to have much tip out there. I'm 175 and ski the 190s no issue, I understand the idea of downsizing for the BC though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    I ski my 190 DW at the rearmost triangle and they rock there. I wouldn't go outside of the marks but anywhere in there should be fine. Fasa is the one who told me to mount it there so idk maybe he has changed his tune over the years or maybe it's because I'm on half a binding but if you plan on skiing then forwards in backcountry snow, then I would totally go back from the line. Especially at 220, the 184s aren't going to have much tip out there. I'm 175 and ski the 190s no issue, I understand the idea of downsizing for the BC though.
    6'1" 215 - 220 when all geared up for a tour ski the 184 on the line and have no issues or problems at speed or with tip dive in powder, I don't spin or ski switch, nor am I light on the gas pedal either.

Have absolutely zero problems or complaints or wishes for more ski out in front of me

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52F05866-3DCE-41CF-ADE6-97B901040E43.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	688.8 KB 
ID:	366304

Lil touring today on the Meridian 117

19/20 WC108 w/ P14 190cm
    Any interest in a pair of Wildcat 108s mounted with Forza 1.0 Pivot 14s?
    On the line for 325bsl...
    Last edited by scmartin69; 03-07-2021 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    19/20 WC108 w/ P14
    Any interest in a pair of Wildcat 108s mounted with Forza 1.0 Pivot 14s?
    On the line for 325bsl...
    <30 days
    $650 plus shipping
    I'll post in gear swap if there is interest...

190s?
    swing your fucking sword.

Thanks for all the DWT mount recs, mine measured -5.5 on the recommended line (yes I checked both of them and each was perfect) so I went with that. Looking forward to getting them out on the snow

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    190s?
    Yes and edited original post...

Anyone have a single 19/20 Wildcat 108 190?

Broke one of mine and was hoping someone had another one around.
    Last edited by $teezus; 03-11-2021 at 12:05 PM.