Page 56 of 241 FirstFirst ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 6016
    Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    Give it a few days on the mountain. I was skiing a more directional skis when I bought the Pb&j (similar construction and shape to the wildcat but narrower 101mm) first few days I was getting a bit frustrated but literally couple of weekends ago it clicked and I just had a ton of fun on them. It takes a little bit getting used to sometimes especially if you used to ski more traditional/directional skis.
    Agree with this. I'm a tip driving directional skier but super stoked on both the WC 108 and PB&J. I think the biggest adjustment is learning to lean back a bit (and I mean centering your stance) on high speed runouts through chop. I actually really enjoy it (and prefer it) now but it took some getting used to. This also plays into the heavy vs. light ski "debate" - if you insist on getting forward and plowing through everything like a tank they aren't going to work that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
    I bought a pair of Wildcat 190s a couple of months ago and got them out on a 6" and a 12" day at Alta recently for their first two days.

Both days, for the first few runs, I had a difficult time adjusting to a much more forward mount point than I'm used to and often felt like I was going to go over the bars when hitting some deeper snow (mounted them with Pivots on the recommended line). After 3 or so runs, I was able to adjust my stance to ski them more centered, but still had that feeling that I needed to be cautious about going over the bars, and at times skied with my weight a little too far back.

My other softer snow skis right now are Stockli Stormrider 95s and Line Supernatural 108s, both of which I love, and both of which have a more traditional mount point. Maybe that suits my skiing better?

Has anyone moved the mount back on their Wildcats? I generally liked them when I was skiing centered and balanced, but that going over the bars feeling wasn't great. I'm trying to figure out if I just need some time to adjust and it will go away, whether I should move the mount back, or whether another ski is going to be a better fit for me.
    I'd give it more time before changing. It can take some time to adjust. I still ended up with more of this feeling than I wanted on my 184 Bibbys (only in deep and heavy conditions and I always attributed it to needing to be on the 190s) but ended up on Billy Goats and I'm much happier. The Wildcat/Bibby is a more versatile ski though I'd say and probably a better everyday ski if that's what you're after.

Not mine, but there’s a pair of 182 Belafontes on Truckee/Reno Craigslist. https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/st...064682967.html

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    Not mine, but there’s a pair of 182 Belafontes on Truckee/Reno Craigslist. https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/st...064682967.html
    Whoops, They’re in South Lake.

Got out on my Wildcat 108’s today at Timberline. Snow was wet and heavy, so not exactly ideal for first time out on them, but hey... They’re “interesting” so far. I’m going to withhold judgement until I have more days on them but they’re “different” than my other skis (ON3P). Despite looking similar in some respects to the Caylor’s, they ski very differently. Finding the right stance is the challenge so far.

I missed out on a pair of 187 Meridians on ebay last night because I was down the rabbit hole on this thread.

Anyway, Im still looking for a pair. Have funds or a pair of mint Kartel 108’s with cease&desist topsheet to trade.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I love skiing my pb&js when there is 1-4 inches of fresh. Super turny and playful yet stiff enough to absolutely rage chop if you want to. Once the snow starts getting deeper or heavier, they become the least favorite skis I own. The tips are incredibly stiff, and with the forward mount it is almost impossible for me to get them to plane in powder. They constantly want to stuff a tip and send me over the bars. I've got about 60 days on them in most conditions and at three different mount points and they still suck in the deep. Obviously the wildcat 108 is a bit fatter which will help the float, but if I bought a pair for skiing soft snow I would mount them back a cm or two. I keep the pb&js in the quiver because a) they are my most progressively mounted ski for riding switch and playing around in the spring and b) they are beat to fuck so they are used as my rock skis. I have had a lot of good days on them but as deep/heavy snow tool they are lacking for me.

Yep. Pbj are great everywhere except deep powder. 108 tours are amazing and seem to handle powder well.
    I’m gonna take these guys out tomorrow for a few runs...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7535.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	883.1 KB 
ID:	312982

Quote Originally Posted by wakefield View Post
    God damn that'd be such a heavy touring rig
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Yep. Pbj are great everywhere except deep powder. 108 tours are amazing and seem to handle powder well.

Sick

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post

What size of brakes did you use on this? My wildcat 108 is arriving today and got myself some shifts with 100mm brake.

Debating bindings. I've already got inserts for Shifts in my Protests, so I might just share those with the Bibbys, or I have a pair of P18s in the stash.

I have 100mm on the same skis and I would definitely not go wider. Great minds think alike... Only been out on mine a few days but loving them so far as I knew I would after spending years on their thicker brother

Name:	Wildcats.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	758.8 KB 
ID:	313036

Shift 100mm brakes are 108mm wide internally - so it should be perfection. With a minimum of bending and a bit of trimming (on the top of the plastic brake pad on the inside edge) I've fitted 100mm brakes to a 112mm ski as well without any issues.

Those are some mighty good looking skis posted in the last few posts

Any opinions on the commander 98 2019 version? I know they tweaked it a bit for 2020. I can get a decent deal on the 2019 version. just wondering if its worth buying the 2019 commander.

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    Any opinions on the commander 98 2019 version? I know they tweaked it a bit for 2020. I can get a decent deal on the 2019 version. just wondering if its worth buying the 2019 commander.
    Id read the Blister review and see if its a ski for you. The lower tip seemed to be enough of a problem that they changed it for this years version.

PSA

I just put my 184 Bibbys and 187 Belafontes up on GS.

Old man turns for certain, but still a stoke to share.
    Really lovin' on the Deathwish Tours, up and down.

Last edited by Hayes; 01-31-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Goddamn, that looked like fun

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post

Debating bindings. I've already got inserts for Shifts in my Protests, so I might just share those with the Bibbys, or I have a pair of P18s in the stash.
    Did the P18s. Can't wait to get out on 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    I have 100mm on the same skis and I would definitely not go wider. Great minds think alike... Only been out on mine a few days but loving them so far as I knew I would after spending years on their thicker brother

Name:	Wildcats.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	758.8 KB 
ID:	313036
    Just got my WC108 mounted with the shift 100 mm bindings. do you have any trouble on the brakes getting stuck on the top of the skis when stepping out of the bindings?

Got out on my Wildcat 108’s again yesterday. Everything “clicked” this time by the 3rd run. The conditions were different than last time too, refrozen groomers and about 2-3” of some fluffy stuff on top of the heavy mank. After a few groomer runs to better get a feel for stance, I hit the fluffy stuff and these skis just came alive. They pop off every/anything, feel super balanced and stomp landings well. I have to be conscious to stay off the tips and keep centered (if not a slight bit back from center) but I imagine that will become second nature after a few more days in them.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Got out on my Wildcat 108’s again yesterday. Everything “clicked” this time by the 3rd run. The conditions were different than last time too, refrozen groomers and about 2-3” of some fluffy stuff on top of the heavy mank. After a few groomer runs to better get a feel for stance, I hit the fluffy stuff and these skis just came alive. They pop off every/anything, feel super balanced and stomp landings well. I have to be conscious to stay off the tips and keep centered (if not a slight bit back from center) but I imagine that will become second nature after a few more days in them.
    Thats awesome man. Glad to hear your getting along with them. I demoed the bibby back in the day and i did like them in groomers (for being how wide they were). As you said you just can't pressure the tips too much like you do in the directional skis.

I’m actually liking my 108 tours more than my reg Bibbys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    I missed out on a pair of 187 Meridians on ebay last night because I was down the rabbit hole on this thread.

Anyway, Im still looking for a pair. Have funds or a pair of mint Kartel 108’s with cease&desist topsheet to trade.

PM sent with possible deal...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk