Page 86 of 239 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 5958
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Deathwish tour or Chipotle Banana? I’m having trouble deciding which to order. I have a normal Deathwish and would love to get a tour version. I also have been dreaming of a banana for a long time. Current quiver is Meridian tour for hating my legs and DW/Meridian for resort days. Tell me how to spend my money and why. My wife is getting sick of indecisiveness.

(I will eventually get both but what should I order now)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Both? My touring quiver consists of the DWT 184 and the CB 186. I sold my spring to buy the bananas, but this should cover most of the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Just fucking phenomenal!! This review really really makes me want to ski with SC69 more so even then it makes me want a pair of Frankenblades, which once again, have totally been justified. Good stuff!!
    Thanks buddy! Hit me up if you make it to Tahoe and we’ll make a few turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moment Skis Discussion

Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Got a shipping notification for my DWTs and voyagers today. I'm very excited to try them out when we get some more snow in a couple weeks.

Just posted a pair of Meridian Tours in gear swap if anyone is Meridian curious

Voyagers showed up today. ATK's English translated instructions have some funny phrases, but I was pretty impressed at how easy they were to install. This paper template worked perfectly, and I'm sold on this style of template vs. the adjustable BSL kind, it feels more precise and harder to mess up. Also nice of them to include a forward pressure shim with clear instructions on how to use it. So many bindings involve a touch more research or guesswork there than I'd like. That was probably the most comfortable I've ever felt with a home tech binding mount, had way better info and instructions than I'm used to.

So far, this is the smartest feeling tech binding I've ever handled. Only tiny, niggling complaint, that truly doesn't matter is the fact that the forward pressure screw, and the release screws aren't pozi, so you need to adjust them with a smaller Phillips. Doesn't really matter at all, although I haven gotten a little spoiled just whipping out the pozi inside my Atomic poles to mess with stuff in the field. The fact that literally every screw on it was pozi was the one redeeming part of the G3 Ion in my opinion. But this doesn't really matter at all. So stoked on this binding, can't wait to get some turns on them! My DWT with Vipecs was pretty perfect, but if I can shave some weight and have a stronger feeling interface with the ski, I'll take it.

The frankenblades at my house have dashed the dreams of many who saw me and thought “what a fuckin tool”. So fast, so fun, so stupid.

Mounted center w demos. Hit me up if you see me in my bright yellow one piece in the Wasatch.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by DeathVan View Post

This quiver strikes fear in my heart...

Something really cool in the reserve section today.
    Would love to have the routine to get use for those

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Something really cool in the reserve section today.
    Would love to have the routine to get use for those
    spendy af tho

Bananner Tourz

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    The frankenblades at my house have dashed the dreams of many who saw me and thought “what a fuckin tool”. So fast, so fun, so stupid.

Mounted center w demos. Hit me up if you see me in my bright yellow one piece in the Wasatch.

You tell me when and where, and we will do a PC Blade Buddy Day...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5597EF4D-29FB-4AB1-861E-65632CB7A00A.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	350581

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    You tell me when and where, and we will do a PC Blade Buddy Day...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5597EF4D-29FB-4AB1-861E-65632CB7A00A.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	350581
    Moment heads be like aww, he got the velcros (CB top sheets)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... these look really sweet. As was stated the extra $500 seems steep... I can imagine these would be super super fun in soft snow, light super quick and playful as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Bananner Tourz

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Voyagers showed up today. ATK's English translated instructions have some funny phrases, but I was pretty impressed at how easy they were to install. This paper template worked perfectly, and I'm sold on this style of template vs. the adjustable BSL kind, it feels more precise and harder to mess up. Also nice of them to include a forward pressure shim with clear instructions on how to use it. So many bindings involve a touch more research or guesswork there than I'd like. That was probably the most comfortable I've ever felt with a home tech binding mount, had way better info and instructions than I'm used to.

So far, this is the smartest feeling tech binding I've ever handled. Only tiny, niggling complaint, that truly doesn't matter is the fact that the forward pressure screw, and the release screws aren't pozi, so you need to adjust them with a smaller Phillips. Doesn't really matter at all, although I haven gotten a little spoiled just whipping out the pozi inside my Atomic poles to mess with stuff in the field. The fact that literally every screw on it was pozi was the one redeeming part of the G3 Ion in my opinion. But this doesn't really matter at all. So stoked on this binding, can't wait to get some turns on them! My DWT with Vipecs was pretty perfect, but if I can shave some weight and have a stronger feeling interface with the ski, I'll take it.
    Did you use a drill press or did you freehand everything?

I've mounted bindings before (both tech and pivots) but I'd kinda rather have a shop do it, so I'm thinking I may just have Yostmark mount them since they have a helio jig.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Did you use a drill press or did you freehand everything?

I've mounted bindings before (both tech and pivots) but I'd kinda rather have a shop do it, so I'm thinking I may just have Yostmark mount them since they have a helio jig.
    I free handed my ATK's and it was no harder than any other binding using their template. I did a test mount on an old ski to familiarize myself first.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Bananner Tourz
    Oh man, it's a good thing I just got my Billy Goat Tours in the mail, otherwise I'd be awful tempted by the BC-CB's.

Breathed a sigh of relief when I clicked through from the email and saw the price. I did not need to buy another pow ski.

Not hating on the price, to be clear. Not much ability to amortize development cost if you're only selling 10 pairs. I'm sure they'll still go quick.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    My DWT with Vipecs was pretty perfect, but if I can shave some weight and have a stronger feeling interface with the ski, I'll take it.
    Stronger feeling interface?

I guess it boils down to how you define the term, but wouldn't the front elasticity and non-rotating heel of a Vipec enable a smoother and thus stronger power transfer and better traction than a non-elastic toe and rotating heel? I am just curious as to how you define the term here.

I have quite a bit of time on Vipecs, Tectons, R12 2.0s and FR14s - and while I would perhaps label the latter two as even more direct (and not in a good way aka harsh) I would not label them as stronger from a skiability standpoint, more the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Not hating on the price, to be clear. Not much ability to amortize development cost if you're only selling 10 pairs. I'm sure they'll still go quick.
    The price is just... Not that I would get a pair regardless of price, but my impression of the brand sure took a bit of a knock - considerations concerning amortization notwithstanding. (insert The Dude Opinion meme)

Moment Skis Discussion

Moment knows what they’re doing with that price. I have had the OG CB for years and I spastically clicked through the email and saw the price....my p brain went, “ya, I’d pay that if I had it.” No logic here at all, I just want anything CB now. That being said, I had the same reaction to the Meridian and Meridian Tour cause they were supposed to be mini CB’s. They didn’t feel like it to me. Same may be said for the CB tour... it’s heft is part of what makes it. Take that away and it may lose some of it’s shine. Fuck it, I still want a CBT.

Theres literally 6 of them for sale, the price doesn’t surprise me one bit. If they had made 100 of them I bet it would be more in line with the regular CBs, maybe a little more depending on if the materials cost more.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    The price is just... Not that I would get a pair regardless of price, but my impression of the brand sure took a bit of a knock - considerations concerning amortization notwithstanding. (insert The Dude Opinion meme)
    Luke is a big boy and can take care of himself, but my $.02: I was surprised too but getting them to make something like a CB tour (different core profile in a stock shape) costs more than they are selling these for by a non-trivial amount. I also don't know if they would do it this time of year. If you think about this as a "stock custom" run they did for fans the pricing kind of makes sense or is at least consistent with what they usually charge. Moreover, even if it seems steep, the costs of making small run products for production lines are often substantial and a bit hard to measure so if you're not trying to have a custom business charging a meaningful premium is probably the only way to make it work.

I am also ok with them charging a market balancing price for small run products (unlike the blades that sold out instantly for example).

Unfortunately I'm not in the market for big pow touring skis so I'm not buying them either way but that's not really about the price (and my opinion of the brand is somewhat improved - I think it's cool they're offering these at all, it can't be big $$$ either way).

Looking at the CB tours, it’s interesting noticing that the weight is only dropped by 160-200 grams. That puts it into the range that binding (and even skin) weight will define the setup weight more. I can imagine that these would feel super super fun in a lot of contexts but this also seems like a ski where it’s best paired with a lighter binding if you’re going to bother with the touring core.

I’ve always felt like I wanted a 193 CB but for touring I think that seems excessive. For the record I’m 160lbs so I know others may have different feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Stronger feeling interface?

I guess it boils down to how you define the term, but wouldn't the front elasticity and non-rotating heel of a Vipec enable a smoother and thus stronger power transfer and better traction than a non-elastic toe and rotating heel? I am just curious as to how you define the term here.

I have quite a bit of time on Vipecs, Tectons, R12 2.0s and FR14s - and while I would perhaps label the latter two as even more direct (and not in a good way aka harsh) I would not label them as stronger from a skiability standpoint, more the other way around.
    Yeah...I have yet to ski them, so we shall see. The one place I am for sure expecting a stronger interface is the uphill. I've found that when I'm sidehilling on firm snow Vipec toes have some slop in them, it almost feels like they twist and drift with the ski. It feels like a loose mount. I've gotten good at dealing with it, but I still don't like it at all. On the down, yeah, there are so many factors, I'm not expecting to feel a definitive difference either way. I do my best not to ski the kind of snow where you can feel those sorts of differences on my touring setup too much anyway.

For Kevo: I freehanded them. The drill press is in the garage where it's cold and the light isn't as good. So I'd mount out there in the summer, but in the winter I just assume that there are enough factors working against me at the drill press that it won't be significantly more accurate. And so far I've had great luck. That said, if they had been brand new skis I probably would have gone to Yostmark, but with beat up sticks it's easier to work around hole interference at home, and I'm less worried about mistakes.

I've also done like 15 home mounts this year in exchange for canned cocktails, and I already have the template out and tested if you want 'em mounted haha.