Page 154 of 241 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    So I bought some wildcat 190's (2019/2020) here in SLC on KSL, mounted on the line. Had Level1 Millcreek do a tune (which I thought included detuning tips and tails) but since I've got them i've been trying to detune the tips, as on anything but true pow the tips are grabby/hooky, not confidence inspiring on groomers (scary actually). I did two runs with them Saturday AM, could not seem to get them on edge without the tips feeling sketchy, swapped out to my 185 Cochise and it was night and day difference in terms of stability and confidence on hard snow.
    SoulSkier recommended 1/1 base/side bevel and detune down to contact point of ski to the floor. Any other recommendations?

I had this exact problem with my 20/21 WC 118's last week here in the Canadian Rockies. I had just brought them in for their first tune after 10+ days of hard skiing to a reputable ski shop and on my first run out I thought the skis were possessed - the were super sketchy and all over the place. The ski hill has a tech shop that let me borrow a diamond file that I used to detune the tips and tails but that didn't fix the problem. Thankfully I had my Ranger 102's in the truck and swapped those in for the rest of the day.

I took the WC118's back to the ski shop the next day and they gave them a grind and re-set the base/side bevel. They tech at the shop suspected that the tune was fucked up somehow and I can say that since they did the re-tune the WC 118's are skiing like they did fresh out of the box - big sigh of relief!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I have over 300 days on 190 DW. If I had one ski for the rest of my life and I wasn't moving (I live in Cottonwood Heights, UT) there would be no better 1 ski quiver for me. I'm sure most of the DW fanboys and many at the moment factory would agree. If I lived EC then maybe a 104.
    Agreed. Cali and VT as well.

Haven’t been on the 104 yet so I can’t say that it would replace the 112 for VT.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Does anyone know how long the tip/tail spacers are on the meridian tours? Thinking of chopping the last few cms of the big tail rise on the 187 Meridian tours off to get a slightly flatter tail for ease of sticking in snow and the weight reduction of a part of the ski that I never use.
    Three fundamentals of every extreme skier, total disregard for personal saftey, amphetamines, and lots and lots of malt liquor......-jack handy

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Agreed. Cali and VT as well.

Haven’t been on the 104 yet so I can’t say that it would replace the 112 for VT.
    Got a a pair of DW this yeas but have not spent a lot of time on them, heading to VT next week, thoughts on how they would work out on soft wet spring snow…should I bring them?

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Got a a pair of DW this yeas but have not spent a lot of time on them, heading to VT next week, thoughts on how they would work out on soft wet spring snow…should I bring them?
    I personally think they will be perfect slush busters….

Perfect..that is what I was hoping to hear!

Welp I may or may not have just sniped the one pair of Wildcat 108 in 184 that just popped up this morning. I think I have a problem.

My quiver next year will be Wildcat 116 184, Wildcat 108 184, and Armada Declivity 180. With a pair of Camox as early season rock skis that I might get rid of or just hold on to.

Looking for a pair of 174 DWT if anyone is looking to unload - most any rideable condition would be acceptable. With or without pin bindings and skins

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    So much fun in slush. Do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Yeah looking forward to getting them out there!

Chipotle Blades are live, I repeat, Chipotle Blades are live: https://www.momentskis.com/products/chipotleblades

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Chipotle Blades are live, I repeat, Chipotle Blades are live: https://www.momentskis.com/products/chipotleblades
    WTF? Says out of stock already...

How am I gonna show these posers what's up at the Pain McShlonkey?? Due to coaching my son's soccer team in past years I've never been able to go before and this was my moment to shine. "Moment" to shine, pun not intended but it should have been.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Shieet sorry you missed it. I resisted last year, but I couldn't resist that CB topsheet this year. I may or may not have also bought those stupid-ass Pit Viper Pivots to go along with them. Now I just gotta cut a pair of jorts. I will not be outdone on Gaper Day.

I had to snag a pair

No clue what I’m gonna mount on em

Here I am bummed they sold out in only 4 hours then I see it was 13 minutes between posts. I feel less bad, I would have never had a chance anyway.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Here I am bummed they sold out in only 4 hours then I see it was 13 minutes between posts. I feel less bad, I would have never had a chance anyway.
    I clicked the link on my phone, then moved over to my desktop computer and in that time they sold out. Damn. This has been such a shit year in Tahoe that if there was ever a time to get a pair, this is it.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Is it too early for next seasons rumors or request? It seems like the dw104 is a 10/10 hit. The few have found a commander tour seem to like them as well. What do us fan boys and girls have to look forward to?

Is it too early for next seasons rumors or request? It seems like the dw104 is a 10/10 hit. The few have found a commander tour seem to like them as well. What do us fan boys and girls have to look forward to?
    CMD88 pls & ty

It only took years of asking for a skinny deathwish . So glad it came to fruition and that I put my money where my mouth is.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    CMD88 pls & ty
    I’d buy a pair….instead of Kendo88 I was planning on for next fall.

*I’m interested in hearing about TomCats thoughts after skiing the C98 I sold him this week. I hope weather cooperates that he can at least get out on them the rest of what’s left of “winter”?

Dear Santa, A blend of cmd and deathwish around 90mm.
    Basically a more directional Deathwish with a stiffer flex or softer cmd with more tail rocker.

What do us fan boys and girls have to look forward to?
    New skis dropping 8/1

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    It only took years of asking for a skinny deathwish . So glad it came to fruition and that I put my money where my mouth is.
    I offered Moment 60k to build a skinny CMD & finance round 1 of production, so yea I ponied up. Totally understand them choosing to invest in the WC instead - but hey, ya can always dream!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Dear Santa, A blend of cmd and deathwish around 90mm.
    Basically a more directional Deathwish with a stiffer flex or softer cmd with more tail rocker.
    Mmmmm yes please. Though then my entire quiver would basically be moments.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I offered Moment 60k to build a skinny CMD & finance round 1 of production, so yea I ponied up. Totally understand them choosing to invest in the WC instead - but hey, ya can always dream!!
    Damn. Dude. You're nuts. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Saw the email around 630 and had an order invoice by 7:10. Didn't realize I was lucking out so hard on an impulse buy. Guess it pays off once in a while.