Page 15 of 239 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

holy crap those look nice.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Cy so you’ve stopped touring on the BC120 w Shifts like in your blister review?
    Yeah.... Big days in Grand Teton made me want another riser, and I kept having to ski them on terrible rocky exits that were not good for a light, wide ski like that haha. So, for now, they're my lady's inbounds pow sticks, she regularly skis a 171, but loves these in a 184 for just about any conditions.

Ideally, I'd have three touring setups, BC 120 or Wildcat tour with Shift for deep days, Deathwish tour for everything in the middle, and BC 100 for spring stuff.

But I'm starting to move away from big quivers, and instead get more comfortable on a single ski throughout a wider range of conditions. Which I'd assume the new Deathwish tour will be perfect for.

B/c I'm not sifting through 15pages of Deathwish love, the search function stinks, and <insert other excuses>...

What's the verdict on the Meridian 107 (187) as a everyday/do all inbounds ski? Blister seems to like it and it looks interesting...in numbers and actual looks.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    B/c I'm not sifting through 15pages of Deathwish love, the search function stinks, and <insert other excuses>...

What's the verdict on the Meridian 107 (187) as a everyday/do all inbounds ski? Blister seems to like it and it looks interesting...in numbers and actual looks.
    IDK, but Deathwishes are fucking great.

But seriously, my buddy grabbed a pair of 107s this year and hasn't touched his PB&Js since. He's loves the combo of easy to release into all turn shapes and stiffness in choppy stuff. They are solid on groomers but lack energy of cambered ski from the few runs I"ve had on them.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    But seriously, my buddy grabbed a pair of 107s this year and hasn't touched his PB&Js since. He's loves the combo of easy to release into all turn shapes and stiffness in choppy stuff. They are solid on groomers but lack energy of cambered ski from the few runs I"ve had on them.
    This is a pretty sold assessment. The Meridian 107s absolutely rail a lot of different turn shapes, are really easy to initiate a turn with and are fairly stiff but not overwhelming due to the full rocker.

I will say the downside to full rocker is that you don't get the dampening and suspension of camber. When pushing and trying to gain energy through transitions you need to be a bit more aggressive than with a cambered ski because it doesn't load up the ski for you like one with camber would.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    ....When pushing and trying to gain energy through transitions you need to be a bit more aggressive than with a cambered ski because it doesn't load up the ski for you like one with camber would.
    And with the Meridian in particular you gots to push hard at speed. They are stiff motherfuckers.

And with the Meridian in particular you gots to push hard at speed. They are stiff motherfuckers.
    As a fat mf'er...this might be what I'm looking for. ...or maybe I want a Deathwish...DAMMIT choices!!!!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    As a fat mf'er...this might be what I'm looking for. ...or maybe I want a Deathwish...DAMMIT choices!!!!
    I'd defer to Melee on most recent Deathwish as I haven't been on the beefed up version, but I wouldn't put anyone who is a strong skier but is >200# on an older DW, even the 190.

Meridians are stiff, forgiving, and playful. They don't seem to have an apparent speed limit and slashing the tails is super easy. It's weird saying all those things about one ski but I haven't had a bad day on my Meridian 107s - they were my DD for 2017-2018. Fwiw, that's me on them in my little avatar pic thing.

I am a skinny mf'er who sometimes wears and very much enjoy the 187cm Meridian as a do-everything inbounds ski. You can definitely feel the stiffness and full rocker (i.e. not much suspension) when hitting chop at speed, but the maneuverability is worth the bumpy ride. The float is pretty impressive, and the stiff tails (well, stiff everything I guess) make a solid landing platform if you like to huck your meat a little.

Only times I don't take the Meridian these days is if I'm going to be mostly in the park. Don't want to beat them up on rails, and they're too stiff for me to butter unless I really crank my heel DIN, which I don't want to do. I regret not mounting them with Pivots.

Caveat: mine are mounted pretty close to center. Probably not a good idea if you're beefy.

I'd defer to Melee on most recent Deathwish as I haven't been on the beefed up version, but I wouldn't put anyone who is a strong skier but is >200# on an older DW, even the 190.
    Skier666 seems to do alright on the 190s - think he's around 200.

I have a pair of his beaters lying around I need to get mounted up! Will do a Bibby/PBJ/DW comparo when I do...
    sproing!

I'm 240lbs I've skied the 190cm as my daily for 4 years. No problems, it absolutely rips. I still reach for it over anything else unless it's stupid deep.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Skier666 seems to do alright on the 190s - think he's around 200.
    Will do a Bibby/PBJ/DW comparo when I do...
    Interested in seeing this...

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Yeah.... Big days in Grand Teton made me want another riser, and I kept having to ski them on terrible rocky exits that were not good for a light, wide ski like that haha. So, for now, they're my lady's inbounds pow sticks, she regularly skis a 171, but loves these in a 184 for just about any conditions.

Ideally, I'd have three touring setups, BC 120 or Wildcat tour with Shift for deep days, Deathwish tour for everything in the middle, and BC 100 for spring stuff.

But I'm starting to move away from big quivers, and instead get more comfortable on a single ski throughout a wider range of conditions. Which I'd assume the new Deathwish tour will be perfect for.
    I could envision a two-ski touring quiver of a Deathwish 112 Tour w. Tecton for midwinter and then something like a 0G 95 w SSL 2.0 for spring/summer, and even big midwinter days. But my skiing ability >> my fitness (at least compared to my typical touring partners), so I need all the help I can get.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I could envision a two-ski touring quiver of a Deathwish 112 Tour w. Tecton for midwinter and then something like a 0G 95 w SSL 2.0 for spring/summer, and even big midwinter days. But my skiing ability >> my fitness (at least compared to my typical touring partners), so I need all the help I can get.
    You're spot on with that 2 ski quiver. Go far to both ends of the spectrum, mid winter vs spring. A buddy and I have done something similar to what you're mentioning. Bibby Tour with Shift, and Salomon Mtn explore 95 with Zed.

Melee, can we get you to throw the Mags a pre-sale code before public spring markdowns?

(Iggy just posted one in the on3p thread, hence the question)

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Melee, can we get you to throw the Mags a pre-sale code before public spring markdowns?

I think "buy 2 pairs, get 1 pair free" should be the deal. Too many awesome options, so I kinda just need to buy all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I think "buy 2 pairs, get 1 pair free" should be the deal. Too many awesome options, so I kinda just need to buy all of them.

Mother of god yes. I mean no. I mean absofrikkenlutely.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post

For sure.

Just a heads up we dont have a ton of stock left. We are still making more of this seasons skis which are available for pre-order like the Deathwish, Wildcat and a few others. All ship dates are listed when you select the size you want. You checkout like normal, it just informs you that its a pre-order.

Because of our very low stock I don't foresee discounts for the general public coming any time soon.

Below is a code you can use for 10% off pretty much anything on the site including Look bindings, outerwear from Flylow and Dakine accessories.

The Wildcat 108 pre-launch IS NOT included in this discount along with other select skis like kid skis. If the code doesnt work for the item you want that's because its not available for discount.

If you buy skis shipping is still free worldwide, if you don't buy skis, you have to pay shipping. This is done automatically during checkout.

The code is only good for 20 uses so act fast.

During checkout enter the following code in the discount box: I_Complain_On_TGR

Is Melee, Luke?

If so...can we pleassse get some Ryan Gosling topsheets next year? Context (and overview of next years skis): https://blisterreview.com/featured/m...0-lineup-ep-38

Hahahaha great code

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Nice Melee! Thanks for doing that.

^^X2, Ha!

Just ordered some 190 Wildcats to replace my 2014 bibby.