Page 112 of 241 FirstFirst ... 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,800 of 6014
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    That love child would be beautiful...I have a pair of BMT 94s that are just waiting to be dethroned as my long distance/skinny stick. Excited to see what’s coming!
    +1. I'd take any version of a lightish 95-100mm Moment touring ski. Would love something I wouldn't have to think twice about taking on big spring days.

Moment Skis Discussion

The 190cm wildcat tour has been the single most fun ski I’ve ever been on... and I’ve searched for years.

It’s what I ski 90% of my backcountry days on, and works for a huge range of conditions. I don’t need or want a super light ski after experimenting with a 1,500g ski last year.

Recently, I picked up a set of 190cm wildcat 108 tours for spring, and they are quicker edge to edge, and obviously lighter. Possibly, a bit flappier in the tips, but could be my imagination.

However, the big twin tail is still ungainly on kick turns, and the 190cm length could be a bit much for tight spots... so, I’m wondering about the rocker, flex, and weight of the 108 wildcat tour, with a bit more tour friendly construction. I’m hesitant to size down to the 184cm ski version and lose more effective edge.

“The Dad 108”

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    The 190cm wildcat tour has been the single most fun ski I’ve ever been on... and I’ve searched for years.

It’s what I ski 90% of my backcountry days on, and works for a huge range of conditions. I don’t need or want a super light ski after experimenting with a 1,500g ski last year.

Recently, I picked up a set of 190cm wildcat 108 tours for spring, and they are quicker edge to edge, and obviously lighter. Possibly, a bit flappier in the tips, but could be my imagination.

However, the big twin tail is still ungainly on kick turns, and the 190cm length could be a bit much for tight spots... so, I’m wondering about the rocker, flex, and weight of the 108 wildcat tour, with a bit more tour friendly construction. I’m hesitant to size down to the 184cm ski version and lose more effective edge.

“The Dad 108”
    I tour on the 184 WCT 108 and have the 190 WC 108. I love the 184 for touring, but... I always downsize for my touring ski. If I lived in a place where I wasn’t doing long approaches with lots of dog hair lodgepole and downfall in the lower elevations I “might” size up... I guess my point is you should give a pair a try. It’s all subjective though. I’m with ya on the WCT 108 being a phenomenal touring ski!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

“The Dad 108”
    I started with WCT184 108s and had to trade them out for WCT190s. I ski WC190s inbounds as a daily driver and found I was just overpowering the 184s. There was enough of a difference that I wasnt able to swap back and forth without conscious effort & thought as to which ski I was on that day.

Agreed that something with a flatter tail could be a nice compliment for spring tours or longer slogs.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderBreak View Post
    +1. I'd take any version of a lightish 95-100mm Moment touring ski. Would love something I wouldn't have to think twice about taking on big spring days.
    My frustration in finding a light-ish directional touring ski in this size range has been leading me to think that I would buy this new Moment touring ski sight unseen. There is a high probability it will ski vastly better than any other ski in its weight and size range too.

188, 1650-1750 grams, mid 20s radius, not a lot of taper, and a shape like the new commander. LETS GOOOOOO

“The Dad 108”
    Same feelings about my 190 Bibby Tours. So fucking dialed, and ski those for most mid winter touring. The Dad 108 Tour sounds like a winner haha

I still really like frankenskis. Dead center is just cherry. First time I’ve been out of the market for a skinny ski in a few seasons.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Safe to say I'm in love with the Gov.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wow that looks amazing.
    Which Governor you on?
    Those seem to have a fair lot of tip taper for a chargey type ski.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSchmoo View Post
    Wow that looks amazing.
    Which Governor you on?
    Those seem to have a fair lot of tip taper for a chargey type ski.
    These are the 196 from 2014, which I believe is the latest iteration. They do have quite a bit of taper, but I actually don't mind it. It probably makes a ski this size more manageable for me @ 160 lbs.

Tempted to mount up my old touring skis, (17/18 Camox Freebird) and take them for a spin again, and at the same time the Deathwish Tour handles everything so well and is so enjoyable I am not exactly itching to ski something else.

Missed connections: who was rocking the Chipotle Bananas at Breck today? You skied by me in the T-Bar line. Me and my Wildcat 118s

Quote Originally Posted by big kook View Post
    Heard a rumor about a Deathwish 104 next year. Anyone else hear anything about it?
    I want that. Still plugging for the PB&Death
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Anybody ski the Frankenski outside the jib-ditch? https://www.momentskis.com/products/frankenski

98 underfoot, triple-camber... Looks pretty close to a PB&Death, but has a bamboo core. Profile/flex probably are both different from PBD, but just wondering....

suprechicken? got any wisdom for us?
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Working mini review of the 182 2020-21 frankenski.

This thing is not a tank. It needs a precise centered stance (probably true of most center mounted skis) and kind of a light touch. With both of those pieces of input, they are fun.

Definitely a speed limit on groomers.
    I’ve logged so many days on billy goats, I’m used to mashing at the tips and bossing heavy skis around. Tip pressure on these causes some washout pretty readily at the rear camber pocket. I was hoping the triple camber would be enough to prevent that, but I think the tune that is appropriate for park work leaves the edge underfoot just a little too dull to get good groomer behavior at high speed.

I am going to sharpen them a little bit and report back.

Soft tips and tails are a trip. They load pretty well. Super light, so they behave well in the air. Easy to get a good pop off jumps and lips. Switch is fun. Really conducive to logging those switch reps on groomers.

I think if I wanted to rip groomers at uncomfortable speed but feel comfortable with something that is park capable, the ride is the wildcat 101/PBJ.

For a park specialty tool, the frankenski is great. Not perfect, but damn good. I honestly think I’m asking for an unreasonable amount of versatility from a center mounted soft ski expecting it to feel stable at top speed.

Given how much I like my deathwish and deathwish tours, I think the cold dead hands skinny ski ride for me is a pbdeath/deathcat 101 - a wildcat 101 shape with compound camber.

Maybe mount at roughly +0.7219 cm of the line.

@melee, is this a $1400 ski? Or is another pbdeath run possibly in the cards?

Back to the frankenski - still unlocking more of the magic. I’ll give the design this - a flat spot underfoot makes spinning on snow super easy...which means I’m having an easier time transitioning to switch and back and the “360” I landed (read more like a 290) was easily salvaged where previously I likely would have wiped out big and I wouldn’t have ridden away on my skis like nothing happened. So that feature is $$$

Looking forward to my next park/firm day on them.
    Ah...nice - thank you
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Anybody ski the Frankenski outside the jib-ditch? https://www.momentskis.com/products/frankenski

98 underfoot, triple-camber... Looks pretty close to a PB&Death, but has a bamboo core. Profile/flex probably are both different from PBD, but just wondering....

suprechicken? got any wisdom for us?
    Definitely looks interesting but no 188 length and a little narrow for a daily driver. My ideal PBD would be around 105 underfoot with PBJ flex and DW profile. No idea if that would ski well but it sounds like the best of both worlds
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    Definitely looks interesting but no 188 length and a little narrow for a daily driver. My ideal PBD would be around 105 underfoot with PBJ flex and DW profile. No idea if that would ski well but it sounds like the best of both worlds
    The new DW flex is stiffer than in the past, now closer to the PBJ flex. So the rumored Deathwish 104 is going to be pretty damn close to what the PB and Death contingent want.

Oh man a skinnier Deathwish anywhere from 100-106 would be really sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Oh man a skinnier Deathwish anywhere from 100-106 would be really sweet
    How would a skinnier DW ski different than a C98?.....

*I have a C98 and am planning on getting a DW next fall.....so just wondering how much different a skinnier DW would be from what I already have?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post

*I have a C98 and am planning on getting a DW next fall.....so just wondering how much different a skinnier DW would be from what I already have?
    Triple camber grip sensation along with a more centered mount and no metal

Moment Skis Discussion

Yeah..I’m interested in that triple camber to see how it skis....that’s why I’m leaning towards the current DW instead of the WC108.

I am thinking/hoping the DW will ski like an older Katana?......if it does, I can let my 14’ Katanas go back to their original owner? (you listening AEV?)..lol

Yeah..I’m interested in that triple camber to see how it skis....that’s why I’m leaning towards the current DW instead of the WC108.

I am thinking/hoping the DW will ski like an older Katana?......if it does, I can let my 14’ Katanas go back to their original owner? (you listening AEV?)..lol
    I recently switched from a WC108 to DW, and the edge grip on the DW is noticeably better.

It would be more playful, probably offer better powder performance due to rocker profile. YMMV, but that Triple Camber it is something special, and the Deathwish even at 112 is a legit one ski quiver.

Had my DWT out for a tour this afternoon and encounted a bit of everything on the way down, and never had a second thought about the ski or the snow once I started my line. Predictable and Intuitive AF

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    These are the 196 from 2014, which I believe is the latest iteration. They do have quite a bit of taper, but I actually don't mind it. It probably makes a ski this size more manageable for me @ 160 lbs.

Ah i just realized im mixing up the commander and governor ski lines.
    Im not actually familiar with the governor.
    Looks sweet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    It would be more playful, probably offer better powder performance due to rocker profile. YMMV, but that Triple Camber it is something special, and the Deathwish even at 112 is a legit one ski quiver.

Had my DWT out for a tour this afternoon and encounted a bit of everything on the way down, and never had a second thought about the ski or the snow once I started my line. Predictable and Intuitive AF
    Nice...I like the sound of that.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3563.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	179.0 KB 
ID:	372507
    Pretty excited I finally pulled the trigger on a set of these!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums