Page 125 of 237 FirstFirst ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 5906
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I'm 6', 190 lbs and I'd consider myself to be right at the top end of the 184 DWT. I could be fine on the 190, but can get away with the 184, so I do. I'd probably go 190 if I was your size, but it also really depends on what sort of you terrain you're skiing. For the tight tree stuff I used to ski out of North Idaho, I'd probably go 184 DWT, and suck it up on the odd day I'm skiing more open/faster terrain.
    Thanks for the input. From the deathwish guy himself hah

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Shorter DW, longer Meridian unless BC float is an issue then longer for both. FWIW, I have skied/owner both in the longer sizes but not in the tour layup. BTW, shitty question, but have you skied a reverse camber ski lately; I find it to be an acquired taste.
    I have not, but I've been wanting to try one for a while. I tour in a lot of tight trees where maneuverability is key so decided this was a good chance to try one out. Yeah I know reverse camber isn't great for a skin track but it sounds like the meridians have a large flat spot.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Yeah I know reverse camber isn't great for a skin track but it sounds like the meridians have a large flat spot.
    A lot of people worry about full rocker skis in the skin track but a lot have never really experienced it first hand.

Yes, there is a little less grip but I never have any serious issues. Sometimes when you're on a packed out icy skin track on a steep incline things can be a big challenging. I just take one set outside the skin track and set a new one myself. If you like the feel of full rocker skis on the downhill I think it's worth the tiny bit of extra effort on the uphill...

Yeah I know reverse camber isn't great for a skin track but it sounds like the meridians have a large flat spot.
    My stupid hill that I am completely willing to die on: full rocker is the best camber / rocker profile for touring.

Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post
    My stupid hill that I am completely willing to die on: full rocker is the best camber / rocker profile for touring.
    I tour on fat full rocker skis often when the Tahoe area is having a good winter/spring.

especially for tahoe. both the bmt 94s and 122s are 'cold dead hands' touring skis... will there be more of the 187 meridian tours this year?

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    especially for tahoe. both the bmt 94s and 122s are 'cold dead hands' touring skis... will there be more of the 187 meridian tours this year?
    Melee said yeah this fall

Twin tips are better for kick turns in deeper snow IMO. Or maybe I just suck at them, but that's been my experience.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I tour on Meridian 117z.

Just put my order in for a pair Deathwish Tour's and Voyagers. Must be time to up the intensity on prayers for snow.

if anybody is contemplating where to mount their bindings on Wildcats, then I would kindly encourage you to read Hot.Pocket's (Moment employee) absolutely amazing take on the subject in the Moment thread over at NS. Scroll down till you see a photo of mr Tyler Curle chucking himself stylishly off a cliff and you've found the post. A+ for both effort, level of nuance and detail. Melee, he def deserve a post work brew

Thanks for the input. From the deathwish guy himself hah

I have not, but I've been wanting to try one for a while. I tour in a lot of tight trees where maneuverability is key so decided this was a good chance to try one out. Yeah I know reverse camber isn't great for a skin track but it sounds like the meridians have a large flat spot.
    Owning both the meridian tour and the DW tour (and ins tankard layups) while skiing in north Idaho I have to say I highly recommend the DW over the Meridian. They’re both really fun but the Deathwish is more capable and confidence inspiring when things get weird (as they are 90% of the time in the St Regis Basin). The DW has a leg up in every condition other than spring snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Moment Skis Discussion

I’m my opinion the Deathwish is easier to move around than the Meridian but that doesn’t make much sense on paper. The hype is real, triple camber is the way of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    I’m my opinion the Deathwish is easier to move around than the Meridian but that doesn’t make much sense on paper. The hype is real, triple camber is the way of the future.
    Make sense because the Deathwish is way way softer. And the tip/tail rocker is more extreme. I love the DW but understand why Meridian exists.

Hot pocket wrote this on that other ski forum on DW v W108:

The Deathwish being slightly wider is going to float better in deeper snow but be a little slower edge to edge when carving hardpack. The Wildcat 108, being narrower is quicker edge to edge when carving but won't float as well. Deeper rocker lines in the Wildcat will make it pivot slightly easier in tight spaces whereas the Triple Camber in the Deathwish make it feel a bit more planted. Triple Camber also allows for 4 contact points per edge rather than the normal 2 so despite being 112mm underfoot the Deathwish will grip as if it is 104-106mm.

For something that favors on piste conditions, tight bumps or can be taken through the park go with the Wildcat 108. For a ski that favors consistency all over the mountain and floats a bit better in deeper snow go with the Deathwish.

On the strength of this, and because damn I miss winter right now, and why not, I just ordered a DWT from ski burger. I'll A/B the W108T and sell the loser. My style of cage match.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

I like the Deathwish for shitty August turns too, lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1628958460.262208.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	382240

^^^look at that FLOAT!

sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    On the strength of this, and because damn I miss winter right now, and why not, I just ordered a DWT from ski burger. I'll A/B the W108T and sell the loser. My style of cage match.

I'll put my money on.you hanging on to the DWT

New Sierra's mounted and ready to go for my wife. These replace a seven year old pair that probably have 400+ days on them. Our 15th pair of moment's in the family, I guess that qualifies as an endorsement.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sierra's.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	382329

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Our 15th pair of moment's in the family, I guess that qualifies as an endorsement
    have you posted a quiver pic? i would love to see it.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Can't do a full quiver as there are several pair that have been sold. Our granddaughter had two pair of Carson's and two pair of Zephyr's that I passed on to others at a low price to keep kid's skiing. My wife is 4'10" and she used a pair of Zephyr's as her powder ski until two years ago when they came out with the Bella in a 152 so her Zephyr's were sold also. I used an old pair of DW as rock skis and sold them last year. Here is the list.

3 Deathwish
    3 Sierra's
    3 Zepryr's (kids powder skis they have not made in several years}
    2 Carson's
    2 Meridian
    2 Bella's

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    I did find this photo from about four years ago. I guess its 16 Moment's, I forgot about the DW tour's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moment ski inventory.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	382530

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I did find this photo from about four years ago. I guess its 16 Moment's, I forgot about the DW tour's Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moment ski inventory.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	382530
    such a beautiful collection. thanks for sharing.
    swing your fucking sword.

And the two pairs on the left are making my kid very happy!

Looking for a daily in bounds ski to pair with my Billy Goats for CO Front range skiing. Love my 184 BGs in pow and chop.

Skied 184 ON3P Wrenegade 96s as the skinnier end of my quiver last year. I generally liked them, but found them to be mounted a bit far back and to be more work in tight spots than I wanted.

I have an offer to trade the wrens for a pair of 182 PB&Js. Are they the ski I am looking for? That spot in my quiver needs to be handle days I am not on my BGs. So, firm snow, crud and over skied crap, bumps, and just general no fresh snow/been a few days since the last storm duty. Main concerns with the PB&J are stability in crud and whether the mount is too far forward.

A bit about me, 6 ft, 150 lbs, ski from a pretty neutral stance. I think this is why I found the wrens to be too much work in tight spots, as I had to keep reminding myself to drive the tips. Don't spin or ski switch much, which is why I have slight concerns about the mount being too far forward. Similarly, I like to ski fast in all snow conditions, which is why I have concerns about the PB&J stability (even though I don't weigh much).

Essentially I am looking for a ski to hold up in crappy snow, but not be too much work in tight spots and bumps. Is the PB&J the ski I am looking for?

Moment Skis Discussion

Wildcat 108. (I have Wrens and BG’s FWIW, and also the PB&J’s) and this is my daily driver. PB&J is quite a bit different from the Wrens.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.