Page 116 of 237 FirstFirst ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,876 to 2,900 of 5906
    Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Ok. I was feeling that last night. Thanks. Gonna buy the WC118. I'm going to demo the 190 Deathwish for sure, could be game changers for me.

Don't you have the BG? To me they use the same quiver slot than the OG Wildcat but your quiver is probably bigger than mine to justify both

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Don't you have the BG? To me they use the same quiver slot than the OG Wildcat but your quiver is probably bigger than mine to justify both
    IMO they are different enough skis that I could see owning both, and using whichever one on a certain day depending on your mood.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    IMO they are different enough skis that I could see owning both, and using whichever one on a certain day depending on your mood.
    That’s the spirit! More skis is usually the answer

More blems on sale. Gogogo

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    That’s the spirit! More skis is usually the answer
    Sure! I have the Wildcat and love them. I just think that if the OP is like me and does not have something in the 100-110 range a Wildcat 108, Deathwish makes more sense. I am waiting for the rumored Deathwish 104.

Just snagged the Bella 116 for Mrs. Possum, going to make it a 50/50 ski for her

Blems on sale
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/19-20-blems

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I have both. They're both great, just the 108 is my daily driver and the 118 comes out when there's more than 6 inches of fresh.
    I remember a few years back, you had no Moments in your quiver, and just got those custom Kartels. Tbh, I was thinking “he should have got wildcats”, but didn’t want to ruin your good happy times with your new ski.

Then you skied with me on my PBJs and we went into that refrozen crap on the backside of Alpine and you saw how versatile they were!

that was it, the rest was history! J is on Moments

just kidding, I knew it was only a matter of time. I believe we had a conversation that day saying how you were about to buy some moments and I was telling you to go for it

For me the BG is more of a specialized tool because of the RES, and the WC118 more of a wide all mountian daily driver.

To be honest, I could have a 2 ski quiver with just Wildcats 118s and Billy Goats and have a blast. Part of me wishes I could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    More blems on sale. Gogogo
    I missed the 190s! Damn! I had a huge day yesterday, got home and passed out.

For me the BG is more of a specialized tool because of the RES, and the WC118 more of a wide all mountian daily driver.

To be honest, I could have a 2 ski quiver with just Wildcats 118s and Billy Goats and have a blast. Part of me wishes I could do that.
    This exactly. If I didnt have the Chipotle Bananas, I would think about getting some BGs as something more pow-oriented wide ski, along with my Bibbys which are super versatile.

Sure! I have the Wildcat and love them. I just think that if the OP is like me and does not have something in the 100-110 range a Wildcat 108, Deathwish makes more sense. I am waiting for the rumored Deathwish 104.
    I prefer over 110mm most days. I do have some 98mm and 105mm skis already though. I honestly don’t find the WC118s much worse on firm than my 98s, nor in bumps, but that’s just me.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    This exactly. If I didnt have the Chipotle Bananas, I would think about getting some BGs as something more pow-oriented wide ski, along with my Bibbys which are super versatile.
    have you gotten on BGs?

I prefer over 110mm most days. I do have some 98mm and 105mm skis already though. I honestly don’t find the WC118s much worse on firm than my 98s, nor in bumps, but that’s just me.

have you gotten on BGs?
    Not yet. But with the reported longer length and non-asym for next year, I've never been closer to actually pulling the trigger on a pair.

Problem is, the Bananas are too damn good. I would have a lot of overlap in that width range.

I missed the 190s! Damn! I had a huge day yesterday, got home and passed out.
    There is still one available.

I remember a few years back, you had no Moments in your quiver, and just got those custom Kartels. Tbh, I was thinking “he should have got wildcats”, but didn’t want to ruin your good happy times with your new ski.
    Only skied the Kartels a few days and sold them. Didn't click with them at all. Then got a pair of the first (spring) production of the WC 108's and they've been my daily driver ever since.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Blems on sale
    https://www.momentskis.com/products/19-20-blems

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Wow, $600 for both demos & the blem sales. Kudos to Moment if the demand is there at that pricepoint, but damn...

If anyone has a 174 WC108 or WC116, or a 172 Bella in non-thrashed condition im in the market but not at $600

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    Wow, $600 for both demos & the blem sales. Kudos to Moment if the demand is there at that pricepoint, but damn...

If anyone has a 174 WC108 or WC116, or a 172 Bella in non-thrashed condition im in the market but not at $600
    I think it's rad they're not blowing things out - I even paid full price for WC108s over the winter and it was 100% worth it.

That said, there are some awesome used deals to be had. I bought some WC116s for $300 in great shape, and also saw some mounted with Pivots for $450. I think they're worth more than that, but worth keeping an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I think it's rad they're not blowing things out - I even paid full price for WC108s over the winter and it was 100% worth it.

That said, there are some awesome used deals to be had. I bought some WC116s for $300 in great shape, and also saw some mounted with Pivots for $450. I think they're worth more than that, but worth keeping an eye out.
    Haha, I agree they are 100% worth retail, but I am stingy bastard and hate paying that much for skis unless I absolutely have to.

I could not believe how many Moment's I saw visiting Tahoe. The guys in the shop are awesome, got a beer while I was waiting for a free tune. Jake is awesome.

Tahoe/Reno Seems like the place to look for used ones.

https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/64102518

Cant tell if the edge is broken from the photos, but the price should be right for someone here to take a chance

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    https://classifieds.ksl.com/listing/64102518

Cant tell if the edge is broken from the photos, but the price should be right for someone here to take a chance
    can't tell either but someone has got to resurrect these.
    swing your fucking sword.

Finally got one day on my new Chipotle Bananas last week before Mammoth shut down for the season. It took me a couple of runs to find their sweet spot (I've been on 18-21m radius skis the past few years), but once I did the skis just took off, even in the spring slush. They desperately want to haul ass, and I'm looking forward to spending a full season on them next year.

If someone can facilitate that KSL purchase and ship to Reno I will make it worth your time (or pay it forward)

Commander 124s on Tahoe CL - pretty fair price. Too long for me, I think...

https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/cr...332457615.html

Can anyone with chipotle bananas tell me how many days they actually skied on them this season? also is this the only season they will be sold? Trying to decide if I want to pick up a pair before they end up changing their line up for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    Can anyone with chipotle bananas tell me how many days they actually skied on them this season? also is this the only season they will be sold? Trying to decide if I want to pick up a pair before they end up changing their line up for next year.
    They’re a recurring favorite.

I'm in the market for a wider everyday ski for Tahoe next season. debating between a Rustler 11 and Wildcat. they seem like pretty similar skis in a lot of ways but I haven't seen much in the way of direct comparisons. tried searching this thread without much luck. I assume some of yous guys have time on both skis, I'd appreciate any thoughts. as far as my use case - I have a 106 waist ski but I'm primarily a one-ski kinda guy, don't really like switching back and forth. so I imagine whatever I add to the quiver is going to see most of my inbounds ski days. I'll be mounting with shifts for sidecountry and pow touring, but prob 75% inbounds/25% touring expected. I'll be skiing inbounds with my kids when they're not doing ski team stuff, and charging otherwise. I'm mostly a directional skier but curious to try a more progressive design. so I'm looking for something fun and versatile, not a one trick pony that has to be skied at mach chicken all the time.

Rustler 11 sounds spot on for what I want but the WC sounds pretty similar and is very tempting. shapes appear quite similar, WC has more tail rocker, bit wider and a bit heavier. so prob marginally better on deep days, maybe a bit less of an allarounder/wider every day inbounds ski? I realize this is the moment thread but look forward to feedback from the group.