Page 114 of 237 FirstFirst ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 5906
    Quote Originally Posted by big kook View Post
    Supergauge?
    Beavers last Wednesday

Sorry for deleting threads. Was seriously whack of me. Was being a little bitch at the time, taking out my pain on others. I'm slightly better now, but I won't forget.

It never was a reflection on Moment skis. They make some of the best skis I've ever skied, and I think I've been more loyal to them than any other brand. My first Moment was in 2011, right after I first started taking skiing seriously at 20YO. 196 Bibby Specials. Great fkn skis.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    Sorry for deleting threads. Was seriously whack of me. Was being a little bitch at the time, taking out my pain on others. I'm slightly better now, but I won't forget.

It never was a reflection on Moment skis. They make some of the best skis I've ever skied, and I think I've been more loyal to them than any other brand. My first Moment was in 2011, right after I first started taking skiing seriously at 20YO. 196 Bibby Specials. Great fkn skis.
    Are you now in a 12 step redemption program?

WHOA! The man with many names is back. Hope all is well with you. Saw you post in the Tahoe thread - glad you're back sliding on snow. One day at a time...

And...here is some Moment stoke from last week at Alterra Olympic Mountain Resort at Lake Tahoe in California of the United States (TM).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210426_172430342.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	373560
    sproing!

I need some 190 Wildcats in my life

What’s the consensus on the wildcat mount point? I bought some used 2021 models and have them at +1 and really think -1 would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    What’s the consensus on the wildcat mount point? I bought some used 2021 models and have them at +1 and really think -1 would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm a pretty directional skier, and really like the Bibby on the line, but would definitely be more inclined to go back than forward if I was going to mess with anything.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I'm a pretty directional skier, and really like the Bibby on the line, but would definitely be more inclined to go back than forward if I was going to mess with anything.
    Same...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Same...
    Yup.

Mine are on the line and have been loving them. Can imagine being more forward. Fun ski in the 108.

Moment selling their demos - get some: https://www.momentskis.com/products/...5jb20ifQ%3D%3D
    sproing!

They were gone in 30 minutes. Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

And not that cheap. At least they don't kill the resale value of those who pay full price.

and a rick roll to boot.
    swing your fucking sword.

I hopped on right after the email came out... $500 for used skis in May wasn’t something I was excited about but apparently other people thought differently.

It seems like used products (of all types) are a bit inflated these days.

good for moment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    And not that cheap. At least they don't kill the resale value of those who pay full price.

Will there be any discounts on the remaining new 2021 skis over the summer?

Some options were posted for the 19/20 lineup.

https://www.skiburger.com/collection...32347158511682

Will there be any discounts on the remaining new 2021 skis over the summer?

I keep checking ski burger a few times per week. I know once they go up they will go fast.

I keep checking ski burger a few times per week. I know once they go up they will go fast.

If you subscribe to their newsletter you should receive an email. What are you looking for? Last year I wanted to buy a Wildcat 184cm but did not find a good deal at the end of season. They were around 600$, so I waited and bought a 20/21 model off a member here during the season for 500$. Moment is one of the few brands (if not the only one) that I will agree to pay full price because they keep a good resale value.

I am glad that Moment doesn't discount their skis heavily.

As much as I like a deal, it shows that they believe in the value of their brand and their product. I haven't skied as many models and brands as some here, but I can say that after a full season on my Wildcats they are proving their durability. It's also just expensive to manufacture in the US. I'm willing to pay what they cost.

the only thing Moment should do, IMO, is switch to thick bases. I realize that affects weight, dampness, liveliness and many other aspects, but the only this that really suffers on my pairs is the base. ON3P bases are considerably less prone to coreshots, though I prefer how Moments feel on feet a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    the only thing Moment should do, IMO, is switch to thick bases. I realize that affects weight, dampness, liveliness and many other aspects, but the only this that really suffers on my pairs is the base. ON3P bases are considerably less prone to coreshots, though I prefer how Moments feel on feet a lot more.
    Hmmm haven't seen that problem. If had significantly less damage from what I expected based on the sound and feel of several impacts this year. Zero core shots very minimal superficial scratching is all I've received.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I am glad that Moment doesn't discount their skis heavily.

As much as I like a deal, it shows that they believe in the value of their brand and their product. I haven't skied as many models and brands as some here, but I can say that after a full season on my Wildcats they are proving their durability. It's also just expensive to manufacture in the US. I'm willing to pay what they cost.
    I personally think they are worth every penny of retail. I'm paraphrasing this from one of the reviews on Moment's website, "Wildcat 118s solved skiing for me". That especially rings true for me. I could literally ski the 190 WCs every day and never be mad I wasn't on another ski. NAEVER.

I'm really just hoping for a small discount, just so I can tell myself I didn't pay retail. I have this rule that I try to follow about the amount of skis I buy at retail. Usually one per year, unless it's a good or bad year for me cash wise. If I don't snag one this summer on a deal, I have no problem paying retail for the 2022 Wildcats. I am going to try many skis next season, but the Wildcats are the ones I know I can always come home to.

In my own personal experience with both brands, I've found they both hold up incredibly well to small rock impacts. Both brands use Durasurf 9001 AFAIK. I suspect ON3P goes thicker on the actual base depth than Moment. In any case, I'm curious how much the depth of base actually does for a ski's durability. To this date, I have yet to punch all the way through a Moment base into the core of a ski. I know changing base depth (with all other things being equal) might change the ski's behavior a lot more than you might think though.

I love both brands for different reasons, and am happy for them to continue taking their own innovations to the drawing board.

AEV just come down to reno and swing by the shop...let them know you nuked the moment thread and i'm suuuure they'll hook you up hahaha

in all seriousness though the deals you see now are as good as it'll get online based on how the last few years have gone w/ moment. sold some 2012 bibby's two years ago and *still* regretting despite a very strong quiver. You're right you just click in and go, anywhere any day