Page 111 of 237 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5906
    Quote Originally Posted by kad00b View Post
    I’m trying to find a new daily driver for the pnw to swap out my kartels(98). I have an old pair of Bibbys that I really enjoy on any day with soft conditions. The wildcat 101 looked interesting - anyone try these out on firmer days? I’m looking for something a little more playful than the bibby that’ll be fun in the trees and pop off stuff
    I went from kartel 108s to pbj's (pretty much the wc 101) and really enjoyed the switch. pbj's somewhat better than k108's on firm and wayy more fun for arcing turns / nuking in anything other than ice. Still super fun / playful.

Disagree w/ scmartin - if you're looking for something more playful than a bibby it's definitely not a commander. though yes the commander would be better on firm, it sounds like you want a playful ski that can hold it's own on firm and that's the wc 101 fer sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    I went from kartel 108s to pbj's (pretty much the wc 101) and really enjoyed the switch. pbj's somewhat better than k108's on firm and wayy more fun for arcing turns / nuking in anything other than ice. Still super fun / playful.

Disagree w/ scmartin - if you're looking for something more playful than a bibby it's definitely not a commander. though yes the commander would be better on firm, it sounds like you want a playful ski that can hold it's own on firm and that's the wc 101 fer sure.
    PBJ is a huge step up in edge grip from the K108. A bit less jibby but equally as playful due to lighter swing weight.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

thanks ya'll, this is super helpful - seems like pbjs will be a good balance of firm performance but still playful, I'll keep an eye out for pbjs in gear swap!

Heard a rumor about a Deathwish 104 next year. Anyone else hear anything about it?

Quote Originally Posted by big kook View Post
    Heard a rumor about a Deathwish 104 next year. Anyone else hear anything about it?
    Quadruple camber ?

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Assuming he has the 154s - do you want to get rid of them?

I need a new pair for my youngest
    I already have dibs. :-)

Although I assume you’re just going to pass them down the line Casey?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Been lurking on this thread for a while and just scooped up some Governors. Where do you guys like to mount these things? Blister says line or +1, I typically like skis at about 8 back so +1 might be the move. Interested to hear what y'all think.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Been lurking on this thread for a while and just scooped up some Governors. Where do you guys like to mount these things? Blister says line or +1, I typically like skis at about 8 back so +1 might be the move. Interested to hear what y'all think.

I went on the line as I do with all of Moments skis. No issues.

I think my 196s were on the line and I liked them there

This is a very intriguing thought. I've been dreaming about a Deathwish 98 tour type ski. I'd impulse buy that in a second if something like that happened.

I mean... the Sierra already exists on the women’s side. I think that’s the general outline of a 104 Deathwish once you make it a little bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I already have dibs. :-)

Although I assume you’re just going to pass them down the line Casey?
    Yup, passing them down the line...

I mounted my 186s at +1, don't see any reason to go further back.
    kittyhump.com - Fund Max, Cat Appreciation, Bike

Canadians have to pay for shipping now. Bummer!

I guess it helps the local shops though.

I mean that would be fine if they actually had shops stocking moment in around Whistler or Vancouver.

Does moment ever do end of season sales? I’ve been looking at getting the deathwish for next season and was just curious if they ever do sales to clear old stock for next year? If not I’ll just get them now

Quote Originally Posted by mb2a42 View Post
    Does moment ever do end of season sales? I’ve been looking at getting the deathwish for next season and was just curious if they ever do sales to clear old stock for next year? If not I’ll just get them now
    Www.skiburger.com

Eoy sale will be here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Moment.
    My WC101’s were an absolute blast of fun Sunday morning at the Wood.
    Then after break, my WCT116’s were a fantastic slush ski. Blasting apart the the slush piles and carving the creamed corn.
    Yes, I believe in technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rogers View Post
    Canadians have to pay for shipping now. Bummer!

I guess it helps the local shops though.
    Unfortunately we had to start charging for shipping to all customers outside the USA.

Shipping rates have been increasing dramatically since COVID that we had no choice.

Moment Skis Discussion

Melee, can we get a flat tailed WC108 tour? Hybrid between a commander? 182 and 187cm...

I’ve had the belafonte, wildcat, wildcat tour, tallac and wildcat 108 Tour and loved most, but the big twin tails are just hard to get around in some situations and tight spots.

Signed, an obvious fan

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Melee, can we get a flat tailed WC108 tour? Hybrid between a commander? 182 and 187cm...

I’ve had the belafonte, wildcat, wildcat tour, tallac and wildcat 108 Tour and loved most, but the big twin tails are just hard to get around in some situations and tight spots.

Signed, an obvious fan
    We have some new tour offerings coming 8/1/21.

It's not what you're asking for but I think you will be into what we came up with...

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Unfortunately we had to start charging for shipping to all customers outside the USA.

Shipping rates have been increasing dramatically since COVID that we had no choice.
    Yeah, it's been a tough year for small businesses. Looking forward to next year's line up!

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post

Signed, an obvious fan
    Same. Something flat tailed in that 105 range with a not small radius would be sick. Bet with Moment's tour layup they will be pretty light too.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We have some new tour offerings coming 8/1/21.

It's not what you're asking for but I think you will be into what we came up with...
    YES! Impatienly waiting... The Camox Freebirds I got for spring touring are not living up to my expectations thus far. A Moment directional touring ski would be ideal!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Same. Something flat tailed in that 105 range with a not small radius would be sick. Bet with Moment's tour layup they will be pretty light too.

YES! Impatienly waiting... The Camox Freebirds I got for spring touring are not living up to my expectations thus far. A Moment directional touring ski would be ideal!
    I like where this is going. I've been beating this particular drum with Moment since 2013.
    I have since found my personal answer to the mid-winter ~110 underfoot touring ski, but am not 100% sure about my current option in the spring/long day spot. Touring cored love child of the Commander 98 and WC101 sounds great. Just sayin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    I like where this is going. I've been beating this particular drum with Moment since 2013.
    I have since found my personal answer to the mid-winter ~110 underfoot touring ski, but am not 100% sure about my current option in the spring/long day spot. Touring cored love child of the Commander 98 and WC101 sounds great. Just sayin'...
    That love child would be beautiful...I have a pair of BMT 94s that are just waiting to be dethroned as my long distance/skinny stick. Excited to see what’s coming!