Page 134 of 241 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 6015
    Is that someone else's fat cats or was 50g too much to resist?

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeMagnet View Post
    Is that someone else's fat cats or was 50g too much to resist?
    Both are mine I just really preferred this years graphic! Will be selling last years here soon!

Similar to the DW 104 stoke, here is one medium sized dude who is looking forward to demo'ing the Sierra tour 179's this year. I spent some days on the regular DWT last season and was super impressed by its ability to crush bad and variable BC conditions but ended up passing them on for something that floated better in deeper snow. It seems like this skinnier DWT/Sierra tour could be a pretty rad firm/variable/shallow new snow option and pair nicely with a fatter floatier pair.

(as an aside, the comi's are probably my favorite ski of all time so thanks to the moment crew for making those)

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Attachment 389474

Just got the 104 mounted, my shorts are so tight for this upcoming season #melee2024

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need a DW in that OG topsheet...

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Hell yeah. Best touring ski in existence

Love mine. Absolutely kill it all year round
    I love this top sheet. Favorite moment top sheet.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    Both are mine I just really preferred this years graphic! Will be selling last years here soon!
    Let me know looking for these to pair with my 108s. Two ski quiver for inbounds AK.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    I love this top sheet. Favorite moment top sheet.
    Agreed that DWT graphic is awesome

Moment Skis Discussion

DW showed up today….along with P18’s…So pumped!! I will save my obligatory shop pic when I mount em’ up.

Initial thoughts as I pulled them out of box, “Awesome build/top sheet/base”…..“Damn, they have a tail on them”….”Can’t wait to see how this ski feels/fits my style.”

Soo…I mounted my C98’s on da line..and they are perfect. Should I mount the DW on the line as well?…..or up a notch at +1 like I have done in the past with Volkl Katanas, Shiros, Gotamas?….I’ve always enjoyed “playful” chargers. This will be my “trip” ski.

It’s my first DW, so wondering what others have done…

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    DW showed up today….along with P18’s…So pumped!! I will save my obligatory shop pic when I mount em’ up.

Initial thoughts as I pulled them out of box, “Awesome build/top sheet/base”…..“Damn, they have a tail on them”….”Can’t wait to see how this ski feels/fits my style.”

Soo…I mounted my C98’s on da line..and they are perfect. Should I mount the DW on the line as well?…..or up a notch at +1 like I have done in the past with Volkl Katanas, Shiros, Gotamas?….I’ve always enjoyed “playful” chargers. This will be my “trip” ski.

It’s my first DW, so wondering what others have done…
    On the line.

DW goes on the line. The micro-cambers are calibrated with the line in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    DW goes on the line. The micro-cambers are calibrated with the line in mind.
    Someone listens!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Someone listens!!
    I mean, I still mounted mine with Warden demos. Partially because I want to be able to share the stoke. And partially cause I like to fiddle.

I've recently got new to me but previously mounted DW. Due to lack of adjustability for my BSL, I had to remount the heel that put me at -1... Am I heretic and going to die as soon as the bases touch the snow?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robik View Post
    I've recently got new to me but previously mounted DW. Due to lack of adjustability for my BSL, I had to remount the heel that put me at -1... Am I heretic and going to die as soon as the bases touch the snow?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    No. Don't tell Melee but I sorta like my OG DW at that spot.

Recommending mount locations are extremely subjective to each skier. Depends of the ski, the type of bindings, boot, snow quality, terrain and how the skier overall likes to ski. For most, I'd go right on the recommended line. I skied all the Moment skis right on the line until I screwed up a mount, so had to remount the DW +2 forward. But guess what, I ended up preferring that location as I think it gives the ski a bit more versatility all over the hill. But that's me and my story and someone else could very well hate that location.

Thanks guys…I’m going on the line. It was perfect on my C98’s….and I do trust the boyz at Moment and all you guys that have skied the DW before….

Thanks..I’ll post pics of the mount next time I’m at shop….

Anybody here ride DWTs with light pin bindings? I just got a pair of DWTs ordered up in 190 and I have a pair of speed radicals I was thinking about throwing on there for my dedicated touring rig to keep it light just haven't ridden a 112 ski with ul pin bindings. Boots are Zero G Pro Tours. I'm pretty conservative in the BC.

I have a pair of Bibby tours with shifts for 50/50 or getting rowdy closer to the trailhead and Wildcat 108s for DD.

I have 10 days on DWT w/ aplinists plus the same boots as you and thought that worked quite nicely in a range of different conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by MAST3RSHAK3 View Post
    Anybody here ride DWTs with light pin bindings? I just got a pair of DWTs ordered up in 190 and I have a pair of speed radicals I was thinking about throwing on there for my dedicated touring rig to keep it light just haven't ridden a 112 ski with ul pin bindings. Boots are Zero G Pro Tours. I'm pretty conservative in the BC.

I have a pair of Bibby tours with shifts for 50/50 or getting rowdy closer to the trailhead and Wildcat 108s for DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I have 10 days on DWT w/ aplinists plus the same boots as you and thought that worked quite nicely in a range of different conditions.
    184 with freeraiders but would not hesitate to run Helio 200s on em.

Awesome thanks. The logical side of my brain is saying go with the bindings you already have.

Then I look at the Voyagers...

I had the same thoughts, and then bought voyagers 10/10....

Speaking of mounts (that's what she said?), how about some old-school beta?

I've procured a rather nice set of Belafontes with inserts, giving me options of right on the line or just a tad over +1 forward. These rage wagons will be mounted with Look Pivots. I'm more of shin-on-front-of-boots, raced-as-a-high-schooler type of skier. So; on the line or +1 forward of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by MAST3RSHAK3 View Post
    Awesome thanks. The logical side of my brain is saying go with the bindings you already have.

Then I look at the Voyagers...
    Voyagers are pretty wonderful....

Personally, between Speed Radicals and Voyagers I'd go Voyager all day long. The Speed Radicals only save you around 40g per foot (going off stated weights) and for that 40g you get the excellent freeride spacer, brakes, more riser positions, and a spring loaded heel piece that you aren't going to blow off the ski if you compress a landing too hard. Jump to something really light, like Trofeos if you want to go lighter, Radicals just are a weird middle ground of being almost as heavy as the very good Voyager with non of the performance benefits.

That said, DWT with Speed Radicals is still a sweet setup. Just not quite as sweet as it could be!

I'm very pro wide skis+ultralight bindings for conservative backcountry pow skiing, but the Speed Radicals just aren't light enough to justify all their performance foibles IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I had the same thoughts, and then bought voyagers 10/10....
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Voyagers are pretty wonderful....

Personally, between Speed Radicals and Voyagers I'd go Voyager all day long. The Speed Radicals only save you around 40g per foot (going off stated weights) and for that 40g you get the excellent freeride spacer, brakes, more riser positions, and a spring loaded heel piece that you aren't going to blow off the ski if you compress a landing too hard. Jump to something really light, like Trofeos if you want to go lighter, Radicals just are a weird middle ground of being almost as heavy as the very good Voyager with non of the performance benefits.

That said, DWT with Speed Radicals is still a sweet setup. Just not quite as sweet as it could be!

I'm very pro wide skis+ultralight bindings for conservative backcountry pow skiing, but the Speed Radicals just aren't light enough to justify all their performance foibles IMO.
    Pulled the trigger on the Voyagers. Who needs old tech anyway?

With the Moment powers combined, I am the best skier on all mountains.

Bidet to you

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Speaking of mounts (that's what she said?), how about some old-school beta?

I've procured a rather nice set of Belafontes with inserts, giving me options of right on the line or just a tad over +1 forward. These rage wagons will be mounted with Look Pivots. I'm more of shin-on-front-of-boots, raced-as-a-high-schooler type of skier. So; on the line or +1 forward of the line?
    I'm on the line with no regrets. (I'm on the older 187 version, for whatever that's worth).