Page 165 of 241 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 6023

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    Might've been discussed already but are people mounting the Commander 98s at the recommended -10? I have 188s coming and was curious about mounting at -8. I'm 6'1" if that makes a difference.
    I will be on my 2nd pair…mounted/will mount again on the recommended line. Same 6’1…188 with Pivots…my last pair skied great at that mount/did everything I needed to them to do..…VT/NY/PA.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I will be on my 2nd pair…mounted/will mount again on the recommended line. Same 6’1…188 with Pivots…my last pair skied great at that mount/did everything I needed to them to do..…VT/NY/PA.
    Same, happy w/ 21/22 & pivots on the line... fwiw skied the 20/21 demos from the factory and tried +1 and it didn't seem to make much difference, i.e. no better or worse.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Same, happy w/ 21/22 & pivots on the line... fwiw skied the 20/21 demos from the factory and tried +1 and it didn't seem to make much difference, i.e. no better or worse.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    Thanks guys. I'll be mounting mine with Pivots too so I'll stick with the factory mount.

BC - Sounds like you're digging the C98s for NE terrain? It'll be my new frontside ski for around Sugarbush.

Thanks guys. I'll be mounting mine with Pivots too so I'll stick with the factory mount.

BC - Sounds like you're digging the C98s for NE terrain? It'll be my new frontside ski for around Sugarbush.
    Yeah, it’s definitely a versatile ski…I have had mine at Sugarbush a bunch of times.…they do great/ except for super tight trees/but that’s more of a 188 issue.

I’ll be up a few times with my buddy who lives in Charlotte…I’ll have to keep an eye open for your C98’s. (It’s pretty rare to see Moments here on EC…but hopefully it’s changing cuz they make a great product that really can fit anywhere)

Might've been discussed already but are people mounting the Commander 98s at the recommended -10? I have 188s coming and was curious about mounting at -8. I'm 6'1" if that makes a difference.
    repost from earlier in the thread - source: page nine in the Moment thread over at NewSchoolers

Quote Originally Posted by Hot.Pocket aka Moment employy over at NS
    Some clarification about the Commander mount point between the original design (18/19 & 19/20) and the newer design (20/21 & 21/22).

The original Commanders had a rec mount point of -8cm, which is a fairly directional mount, at least by our standards. The issue started to arise when we saw a handful of our athletes, customers, and employees all bumping the mount +2cm from the rec line. Something we do on a good amount of our skis if the skier wants a little more freestyle performance, needs a bump in maneuverability, or is sizing up significantly and wants to make the larger ski a tad easier to ski.

Nothing wrong with this, as we regularly do it on the Wildcat series. But we started realizing that we were skiing the Wildcat at -6 (a twin rockered, "freestyle" design) and skiing the Commander at -6 (a flatter tailed, "freeride" directional design).

We didn't redesign the Commander with the sole purpose of moving the mount point, we redesigned the Commander to make it a more aggressive ski, adding stiffness, more metal, more effective edge, etc...but we also bumped the mount back a little during the process.

Now, when skiers bump the mount +2cm for that more freestyle oriented performance (or any of the other reasons stated above), you still land at -8cm, a fairly directional mount point.

Happy to answer any additional questions regarding the old v. new mount point.

Yeah, it’s definitely a versatile ski…I have had mine at Sugarbush a bunch of times.…they do great/ except for super tight trees/but that’s more of a 188 issue.

I’ll be up a few times with my buddy who lives in Charlotte…I’ll have to keep an eye open for your C98’s. (It’s pretty rare to see Moments here on EC…but hopefully it’s changing cuz they make a great product that really can fit anywhere)
    I can't say I see too many other Moments around Sugarbush. I get plenty of liftline gawkers asking me about them. I've got a 3 pairs of them but I'm I'll be on my Wildcats or C98s if you spot me in the lift line.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    repost from earlier in the thread - source: page nine in the Moment thread over at NewSchoolers
    ^^^^^Thanks, kid. That's some good info right from Moment.

Deathwish quiver is now complete. Just need to order some Pivot 15s. Downsized the 104s to the 184s

I see your DW quiver and will match with a triple camber quiver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2785.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	429497
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

The banana is back for those who have been waiting for them… wish I had the cash or snow conditions to justify a pair

193 Bananas are already sold out. Damn.

I promised myself I wasn't going to buy more skis this year. But then I went and did do that thing. Now I'm trying to decide whether WC108 and DW104 both in 190 would be too much overlap. I already have low tide rock skis, multiple 110+ options. I love DW for crazy edge hold and spring slush skiing Don't love the center mount and triple camber tip grabbiness on refrozen coral reef or even wet heavy fresh. What's the use case if any for keeping both?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I promised myself I wasn't going to buy more skis this year. But then I went and did do that thing. Now I'm trying to decide whether WC108 and DW104 both in 190 would be too much overlap. I already have low tide rock skis, multiple 110+ options. I love DW for crazy edge hold and spring slush skiing Don't love the center mount and triple camber tip grabbiness on refrozen coral reef or even wet heavy fresh. What's the use case if any for keeping both?
    I personally didn't find one when I was in your shoes last year. Liked my WC108, sold the DW104.

The wc108 handles all of your complaints with the deathwish better. It doesn’t have crazy edge hold but you have lower tide skis for that. I find the wc108 to have enough edge hold for most pnw days.

This is pretty much exactly why I ended up with a DW104 as my inbounds ski and the WC108 as my touring ski (in the touring layup).

193 Bananas are already sold out. Damn.
    The 186 is also sold out.

Fun tip. If you missed out on a ski from us you can navigate to the product page, click the size and a little box will appear where you can enter your email. This will notify you when more of this model is in stock.

When we run pre-sales on skis we typically list the pre-sale quantity lower than the actual amount of skis we plan to produce. So often times there is a good chance a handful of skis will come back into stock once the production run is complete.

If you're on the notify me list you will be one of the first to know that the ski is back in stock and hopefully be able to snag a pair.

Moment Skis Discussion

Moment put out some info about Commanders on Insta so I uploaded it for posterity.

https://youtu.be/gONuVdbWHgs

I have some days on the 182 CMD 108s now and I’m looking forward to a few more next year. Got demo binders on it but mostly been skiing at -8cm. It skis extremely well. It is a directional charger but a damn fun one I would ski anywhere on the mountain. As expected edge hold is excellent, but I’m really impressed with the ease of throwing it sideways at any moment. It is just responsive.

My only complaint is that I find the tail to be a bit harsh on landings. For me adding a bit more pop to the rear and a little more splay while designing around a -8cm mount point would really seal the deal. It could slot in as a nice competitor to the ON3P Woodsman and offer a great Moment ski option for newschool directional skiers.

I also picked up a pair of DW104s to see how they slot into that position, just gotta wait for the snow to fall.

Just a quick drop in as today was day 1 for me and it was so nice to get back on the DWT and move so effortlessly from untouched to soft and tracked out to roughed up groomers and never feel like the ski was ever out of its element, and I had to make it do shit it didn't want to do.

Looking for some advice --

Originally skied the last year they made belafontes -- maybe 17-18? 186cm. Anyways, they have been my favorite ski but I beat them to shit and they are now on their last legs. Love that they can haul ass on groomers and power through shit snow also at high rates of speed. Rode them on days up to a foot or so of fresh.

Couple years ago I went to replace them with commander 108s. Thinking I was hot shit bought the 194cm. They are way too long, shovels seem grabby when not putting down railroad tracks 100% of the time, tails super long and hard to release.. I just don't like skiing them. Also these are up for sale -- in Reno. Ridden less than 10 times. Hit me up if you want them. I think it's more than just the length that made me not really like them, honestly. I've skied them fast and still just couldn't get super confident on them. They are also just too wide for what I want in a daily ski.

Anyways I just pulled the trigger on one of the last few pairs of dw104s in 184 cm. I'm worried they'll be too short. Looking for a daily driver that could be somewhat comparable to the belafontes. But after my commander experience I'm worried of flirting with that 190+ range.

For reference, I also have a pair of Enforcer Pros (115mm underfoot, titanium core i think) at 191cm (only size they sold) and love them for 1.5'+ days. They don't come out unless it's deep. But that is not too much ski when it's soft. I suppose I could try out the commanders on a deep day..

Any advice? Run with the 184s? Switch to 190s before I go pick up? Thanks

Not sure I can weigh in on what you should do, but I’ve got a mint pair of 190 Deathwishes (not 104) that I’d trade you for your 184 dw104s if that’s the avenue you decide to go down. PM for details if you’re interested

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Not sure I can weigh in on what you should do, but I’ve got a mint pair of 190 Deathwishes (not 104) that I’d trade you for your 184 dw104s if that’s the avenue you decide to go down. PM for details if you’re interested
    Thanks, but I haven’t even gone to pick ‘em up yet. I think they would just swap em, considering they’re sold out of the 184s and not the 190s.

I guess I’m just worried they’ll ski really short with the double rocker. But I think I’ll be fine on 184s.

Apologies - reading comprehension fail.

I think the big question is whether you prefer maneuverability/playfulness or want something more stable/chargier. Since you were happy on a 186 belafonte I’m sure you can handle either length, so its just a question of what you want your new skis to do. Only you can make that call.

I thought I posted this here, but can't find it. Anyway...

I'm hoping to trade my pair of pristine 190 Wildcat Tour 108s for 188 Commander Tours. Mounted once for Voyager at rec line for 325 BSL.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...Tour-(longshot!)

Any takers?
    sproing!

I'm glad being light means my pair of belafonte's from the same year have plenty of life still in them.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Looking for some input on length for DW104 and DWT. For background I'm 5'9", 170lbs, and currently ski ON3P Jeffrey 102s in 176 and Black Crows Anima in 182. Ski mainly in the PNW and Tahoe areas.

I knew the Jeffrey's were short for me when I bought them but it was a killer deal. At this point I'm deciding between 179 and 184 for the DW104 and DWT.

Couple things I'm going back and forth on:
    - With the DW104 being slightly heavier/stiffer than the normal DW, should I be more conservative and go with 179?
    - If the DWT are going to be my only touring ski, is 179 worth it for the maneuverability or 184 for the stability?
    - Is 5cm of extra length on the DWT really going to make that much of a difference with kick turns or skiing down more narrow chutes/couloirs?

I know a lot of this depends on skiing style and preference but just looking for opinions and firsthand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalNomad View Post
    I'm glad being light means my pair of belafonte's from the same year have plenty of life still in them.
    While I’m not super light that isn’t the problem.. I’ve just core shorted them so many times and had so many tunes there is no more base material left. Maybe another year of early season abuse left on them.

I don’t shy away from the technical shit I like to ski before there’s deeper snow.. generally don’t baby any skis, ever.

I’m 5’10” 200 lbs currently since having my kid a year ago, was probably 175 when I bought them, if anyone is trying to help.

Pretty sure I’m sticking with the 184s anyway.