Page 68 of 241 FirstFirst ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 6015
    That's helpful, thanks. I'll ponder...

Quote Originally Posted by BCJC View Post
    I'm same weight and height, and have had the 190 bibby since 2012 and love it.

Got 184 WCT this season, and so far so good. Not a tonne of days on them, but haven't felt like they aren't enough ski for what I'm doing.

Where I tour it's coastal heavy snow and often tighter treed terrain, with less wide open spaces, so perhaps if you have more space/higher end speeds you may opt to go up.

They are noticeably more playful and "poppy", and I can bend them easier for sure. But like you I ski differently when touring so that character has been a good match so far.
    I’ll echo this pretty much exactly. I’m 6’2” and 180lbs. Been skiing the same 190 Bibbys since 2013 and love them. Bought 184 WCT 108 early in the 2018-2019 season. For the way I ski in the backcountry they’ve been great. Inbounds, the have a speed limit and get bounced around a little in variable snow - which is no surprise given the weight of the ski. Overall it’s been a great 50/50 setup mounted with shifts

Wildcat108 184s are awesome spring skis imho, slaying hot pow and corn alike. They are noticeably less ski than ON3P Woodsman108s (rode them back to back), but their low weight and ease of shutting down makes them super nimble and fun. Very similar ease of riding in these conditions as Jeffrey108s (which also are awesome spring skis), just a tad more directional and with pretty damn decent edge grip. Impressed.

I did manage to forget about the trenches on the right side of a groomer (after alpine training), making me inplant my left ski into one of them. The Shift binding did not play along, and I pre-released into the slam of the season - skis and poles scattered all over the place with me at the bottom. Oh well. Can't complain in spite of a sore neck and back - the lifts were running today at least, if for the last day of the season pass

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Wildcat108 184s are awesome spring skis imho, slaying hot pow and corn alike. They are noticeably less ski than ON3P Woodsman108s (rode them back to back), but their low weight and ease of shutting down makes them super nimble and fun. Very similar ease of riding in these conditions as Jeffrey108s (which also are awesome spring skis), just a tad more directional and with pretty damn decent edge grip. Impressed.

I did manage to forget about the trenches on the right side of a groomer (after alpine training), making me inplant my left ski into one of them. The Shift binding did not play along, and I pre-released into the slam of the season - skis and poles scattered all over the place with me at the bottom. Oh well. Can't complain in spite of a sore neck and back - the lifts were running today at least, if for the last day of the season pass
    Apologies if you mentioned it earlier... how do the Jeffery108 compare to Wildcat108?

I can't really remember enough about how kartel/jeffrey108s ski to make a meaningful comparison to be honest - I sold them last summer to justify getting wood108s and I've cycled through a fair few skis in between. I do remember Kartel108s being super fun easter/hot pow skis though.

If I were to give a go then it would go something like this: Jeffrey108s are heavier, are perhaps slightly stiffer in the shovels / tails (at least Blister indicate that they are) and do have a slightly more centered stance, so a bit more stable in variable. They are not as chargy or stable as wood108s. Some people / Blister seem to think that Jeffrey108s have poor grip on ice, though I can't recall if that was the case with my pair (so probably not). I think of Jeffrey108s as a bit more playful and more stable ski, if less chargy/carvy than Wildcat108s - not that Wildcat108s are particularly chargy, but they do arc well at speed. Both are very good skis if you want a playful design that releases effortlessly out back. Wood108s are def more ski than either (and perhaps reward a slightly better skier), but are still very fun.

I should probably get a new pair of Jeffrey108s as I am way more accustomed to driving skis from a centered stance now, but alas - ski buying moratorium in effect

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I can't really remember enough about how kartel/jeffrey108s ski to make a meaningful comparison to be honest - I sold them last summer to justify getting wood108s and I've cycled through a fair few skis in between. I do remember Kartel108s being super fun easter/hot pow skis though.

If I were to give a go then it would go something like this: Jeffrey108s are heavier, are perhaps slightly stiffer in the shovels / tails (at least Blister indicate that they are) and do have a slightly more centered stance, so a bit more stable in variable. They are not as chargy or stable as wood108s. Some people / Blister seem to think that Jeffrey108s have poor grip on ice, though I can't recall if that was the case with my pair (so probably not). I think of Jeffrey108s as a bit more playful and more stable ski, if less chargy/carvy than Wildcat108s - not that Wildcat108s are particularly chargy, but they do arc well at speed. Both are very good skis if you want a playful design that releases effortlessly out back. Wood108s are def more ski than either (and perhaps reward a slightly better skier), but are still very fun.

I should probably get a new pair of Jeffrey108s as I am way more accustomed to driving skis from a centered stance now, but alas - ski buying moratorium in effect
    Thanks! I'm loving my 12/13 Bibby and want to try a skinny version of that ski, but I'm not sure why. The Bibby is easy to ski, can smoove through the deeper cut up resort snow and grips well on firm. Maybe just something more appropriate for when it hasn't snowed in awhile... but why wouldn't I bring something like my Dynastar LP when things are bony?
    Last edited by skuff; 05-03-2020 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spellin

Why? Because you want something that is as easy to ski, more nimble, with tails that releases effortlessly, can be driven/ridden from a centered stance that you do not need to drive the shit out off to have fun (need to be on it all the time). Can a Bibby/Wildcat do all/most of the above? Yeah, sure - but a 108 will do it better in low tide conditions. Sure, the wildcat108 is not a variable crusher like heavy, metal skis, but they do reward an active riding style well (Blister describes the ski very well imho, and their comparison to Wood108s is also very good).

Yeah - I have never skied Dynastar LPs (so have limited/no understanding of how it skis), so I might be talking out of my ass here (too).

You pretty much nailed the LP. I love that it can be skied casually on groomers, and makes bad snow feel easy, like a Bibby. But it can also be work if you get lazy or tired.

Speaking of bibby's... I've got some sick ones for sale
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200427_165429.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	327307

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...and-Atomic-STH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200427_165451.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	327306  

Mr Curle shredding on what is presumably 2021 Wildcats Fine skiing on what seems like sweet graphics - still space themed and somewhat trippy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wc2021.png 
Views:	134 
Size:	989.0 KB 
ID:	327518
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-05-06 kl. 17.30.56.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	189.0 KB 
ID:	327517  

In case anybody want to read another review on Wildcat108tours (google translate ftw), even if it is from a store that sells Moment:

Name:  20_21_Wildcat_Tour_108_800px_combo_large.png
Views: 968
Size:  93.0 KB
    Next eyar's graphic apparantly

Edit: Blister published their review of the tWildcat108tour
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 05-08-2020 at 12:43 PM.

Has anyone tried the Moment ski blades? I was eyeing the ski blades from J Skis this season but didn't love the binding system on those

Moment ski blades, just what mom ordered Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4388.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	624.2 KB 
ID:	327821

Lmao

Quote Originally Posted by cowboycaviar View Post
    Has anyone tried the Moment ski blades? I was eyeing the ski blades from J Skis this season but didn't love the binding system on those
    They are no joke. Full normal ski construction just 99cm and with normal bindings are heavier than you would think. Prepare to go fast and scare yourself haha. Sucks this year ended so quickly as I was looking forward skiing on them with my 3 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    I'm 6' 165lb, and love the 190 Bibby. If I haven't really ever wanted that to be shorter, am I likely to want more ski than a 184 WC Tour as a dedicated touring ski? I'm definitely skiing slower and more conservatively in the backcountry in general, but the 190 Bibby's aren't the least bit demanding.
    I am similar in H/W and love my 190 bibbys, got a set of the 184WCT 108s. Tried hard to love them, eventually sold them to size back up to the 190s. I just couldnt get them to give me the same comfort level as my 190s.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    I am similar in H/W and love my 190 bibbys, got a set of the 184WCT 108s. Tried hard to love them, eventually sold them to size back up to the 190s. I just couldnt get them to give me the same comfort level as my 190s.
    Thanks. Are you getting along better with the 190 WCT108s?

So I just picked up my new Moments and I'm very confused about mount points? I'm a directional skier that rides switch 30% of the time. I really don't huck except for 20 footers into icy bumps so I'm thinking I'll like the center mounting to shut them down, but I'm concerned about the stance in 3D snow--don't want tip dive. Recommended is -6 but I'm thinking I'd like 3cm further forward (better for spins) or -10 for powder (see previous comment on dip dive)? I plan to use them for big mountain, the park and apres Cougar hunting at the Chammy.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    So I just picked up my new Moments and I'm very confused about mount points? I'm a directional skier that rides switch 30% of the time. I really don't huck except for 20 footers into icy bumps so I'm thinking I'll like the center mounting to shut them down, but I'm concerned about the stance in 3D snow--don't want tip dive. Recommended is -6 but I'm thinking I'd like 3cm further forward (better for spins) or -10 for powder (see previous comment on dip dive)? I plan to use them for big mountain, the park and apres Cougar hunting at the Chammy.
    Pic

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pic

Gang gang

This is my favorite TGR post in quite some time. Bravo!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Decided on demo binders for maximum "hold my beer" performance... God help my knees.

I have previously posted many reviews of various and sundry Moment skis.
    In reference to the 184/190 debate, it comes down to how you want to ski. From skiing 5 generations of Bibby/Exit World/Bibby Tour/Wildcats, with Wildcat 108 Tours waiting to be mounted I would give this protocol:

1. Obviously, skiier weight coupled with style. (i.e.-"I only bang gates.", or "I know what afterbang is.")
    2. Coupled and most important differentiation:
    The 184 is a playful ski that is able to charge, with a speed limit that is--admittedly--quite high to any Jong, it varies by generation and by construction and mount point whether people consider that is quick vs. squirrelly.
    The 190 is Shiva, Destroyer of the Worlds, AK open face, Mach Looney, that depending on skiier can be considered "dead" and "unresponsive" by those that try to make turns at low speed or without the mass to bend the ski. It charges, with playful tendencies. The 190 needs speed to come alive, glorious speed, particle accelerator speed. To paraphrase Tertullian: "You can not accomplish nuclear fusion masturbating in peanut butter, no matter the speed of your hand."

3. Choose and mount point to fine-tune. I have never encountered any Moment ski that has ever had any form of tip dive. The second generation Exit Worlds were verge of too squirrelly even for me. The latest iteration of standard Wildcat was not as quick on the line as desired, which would be one declension of stability away from the squirelliness of the second gen EW. By moving the mount point +1.5 on the 184, the Wildcat became much quicker, although still just a hair shy of optimal quickness, but well short of squirelliness. At 170 pounds plus pack, always touring, I have found 190 at +1.5 the greatest combination for AK powder fields of glory, and 184 line to +1.0 on latest iterations best for quick trees, chutes, maneuverability: with the knowledge that most here won't want to be as quick as me with a fixed heel.

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    I have previously posted many reviews of various and sundry Moment skis.
    In reference to the 184/190 debate, it comes down to how you want to ski. From skiing 5 generations of Bibby/Exit World/Bibby Tour/Wildcats, with Wildcat 108 Tours waiting to be mounted I would give this protocol:

1. Obviously, skiier weight coupled with style. (i.e.-"I only bang gates.", or "I know what afterbang is.")
    2. Coupled and most important differentiation:
    The 184 is a playful ski that is able to charge, with a speed limit that is--admittedly--quite high to any Jong, it varies by generation and by construction and mount point whether people consider that is quick vs. squirrelly.
    The 190 is Shiva, Destroyer of the Worlds, AK open face, Mach Looney, that depending on skiier can be considered "dead" and "unresponsive" by those that try to make turns at low speed or without the mass to bend the ski. It charges, with playful tendencies. The 190 needs speed to come alive, glorious speed, particle accelerator speed. To paraphrase Tertullian: "You can not accomplish nuclear fusion masturbating in peanut butter, no matter the speed of your hand."

3. Choose and mount point to fine-tune. I have never encountered any Moment ski that has ever had any form of tip dive. The second generation Exit Worlds were verge of too squirrelly even for me. The latest iteration of standard Wildcat was not as quick on the line as desired, which would be one declension of stability away from the squirelliness of the second gen EW. By moving the mount point +1.5 on the 184, the Wildcat became much quicker, although still just a hair shy of optimal quickness, but well short of squirelliness. At 170 pounds plus pack, always touring, I have found 190 at +1.5 the greatest combination for AK powder fields of glory, and 184 line to +1.0 on latest iterations best for quick trees, chutes, maneuverability: with the knowledge that most here won't want to be as quick as me with a fixed heel.
    The dude has spoken.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Dude abides.