Page 92 of 242 FirstFirst ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 6026
    Hi, I am a Tahoe skier (relatively new to skis after years of snowboarding), 5'9 160lbs and consider to purchase the Deathwish 179cm. It would be my soft snow skis in a 2 skis quiver in complement to a Rustler 9 (180cm). I mostly skis Kirkwood and Northstar and would describe myself as a playful skier, early advanced? (For reference, I am confident on all the black at Kirkwood and went on some double black but to be honest my technique is lacking and I am not fluid in steep moguls ..., can do 360° on small features). I was thinking to mount -1 as it will also be my powder skis. Do you think that it's the right choice or there is too much overlap with the R9 and I should go for the Wildcat (with a mount on the line)?

Thanks for your advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Hi, I am a Tahoe skier (relatively new to skis after years of snowboarding), 5'9 160lbs and consider to purchase the Deathwish 179cm. It would be my soft snow skis in a 2 skis quiver in complement to a Rustler 9 (180cm). I mostly skis Kirkwood and Northstar and would describe myself as a playful skier, early advanced? (For reference, I am confident on all the black at Kirkwood and went on some double black but to be honest my technique is lacking and I am not fluid in steep moguls ..., can do 360° on small features). I was thinking to mount -1 as it will also be my powder skis. Do you think that it's the right choice or there is too much overlap with the R9 and I should go for the Wildcat (with a mount on the line)?

Thanks for your advice.
    Wildcat gets my vote. LOTS of discussion on these two skis in this thread if you are willing to do some reading.

Thanks for your advice.
    Go 184cm deathwish. They probably have the same effective edge as a 180cm rustler 9. They ski a little shorter than their stated length, I am only 5-10lbs heavier and an inch or two taller and ski the 190cm no issues. You'll grow into them as you improve and appreciate the extra length. Mount them at -1 and send it. They are very different from the rustler 9, I think those two would make a phenomenal two ski quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    Wildcat gets my vote. LOTS of discussion on these two skis in this thread if you are willing to do some reading.
    I did my homework and read at least the last 30 pages of this topic I just can't decide I think that both skis would be a nice addition to the Rustler but I don't know if I want a dedicated pow ski for >5 inches of new snow (Wildcat) or a ski I can use whenever it's soft (Deathwish). I think that even if the Deathwish is good on groomers, a sub-100mm will still be better and quicker edge to edge.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Go 184cm deathwish. They probably have the same effective edge as a 180cm rustler 9. They ski a little shorter than their stated length, I am only 5-10lbs heavier and an inch or two taller and ski the 190cm no issues. You'll grow into them as you improve and appreciate the extra length. Mount them at -1 and send it. They are very different from the rustler 9, I think those two would make a phenomenal two ski quiver.
    This is what Moment's folks told me. I never tried skis > 180cm and I am a bit afraid by skis 10cm taller than me. I know people here recommend 184cm or 190cm but I don't think that I am as good as you guys.

Absolutely go 184 - you’ll regret going too short

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go with the 184. You won't be sorry.

You probably won't be sorry with the 190 either.

But go with the 184. I'm 6'1 210 lbs, and I have no problems with the 184 DWT. And I'm not sorry I didn't go longer I like the quickness and agility it gives me.

What size ATK/Voyager brake on DWT - 108 or 120?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdeaner14 View Post
    What size ATK/Voyager brake on DWT - 108 or 120?
    108. They fit perfectly, with little to no bending.

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    This. You definitely want the 184s.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    108. They fit perfectly, with little to no bending.
    Yep, but if you need crampons go with 120mm ATK crampons. The 108 mm crampons aren't wide enough for the dwt.

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Go with the 184. You won't be sorry.

You probably won't be sorry with the 190 either.

But go with the 184. I'm 6'1 210 lbs, and I have no problems with the 184 DWT. And I'm not sorry I didn't go longer I like the quickness and agility it gives me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    This. You definitely want the 184s.
    Thank you all! I think that consensus is on the 184s. You agree that deathwish is a better complement to the R9 than the wildcat?

Moment Skis Discussion

You’ll be pumped with either the DW or the Cat. My hunch is that since you’re still learning the DW is probably a better choice, as it is a little more forgiving. Also leaves room in the quiver for a true pow ski down the road

Last edited by waxloaf; 12-21-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Sounds good! Thank you for your input

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6416FA3A-CD09-428F-8932-2DFD99581736.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	535.2 KB 
ID:	354172

Eating chop after the 30+ dump, definitely a new CMD 98 here..... more beta to follow when I’ve skied it more... but let’s just say MISSLE!

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

Name:	6416FA3A-CD09-428F-8932-2DFD99581736.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	535.2 KB 
ID:	354172

Eating chop after the 30+ dump, definitely a new CMD 98 here..... more beta to follow when I’ve skied it more... but let’s just say MISSLE!
    Mounting mine Sat...(Pivots finally came today ironically after I emailed our Rossi rep last night..)

Looking forward to your report....

Did u ski it right from factory BNIP as is?..... or did u adjust base/side edge angles to your preference?....

^ I stuck with the factory settings, but waxed em up.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    ^ I stuck with the factory settings, but waxed em up.

Thank you all! I think that consensus is on the 184s. You agree that deathwish is a better complement to the R9 than the wildcat?
    I’m 5’9” 170lbs and generally like shorter / mid length skis. I’m on the 184 WC and with the more forward mount it doesn’t feel like a big ski at all. I’m using it as my daily Tahoe ski till I figure out a narrower option and it rips soft groomers and the few storms we’ve gotten. It pivots really well and it’ll be a blast in Northstar and Kirkwood trees and bowls.

Another good option that would be a bit more accessible and versatile is a 182 Praxis GPO. Super easy fun pow ski that also does really well on non-epic days

Anybody have time on this years commander 98 here in the west? Liking it for the dry periods/groomer days? Nimble in the moguls?

I'm looking to swap out my K96s since I just don't need the 108 and the 96. I got the 96 for park/rails but I lost interest in anything but jumps.

Rest of the quiver is DW for touring and WC.

Edit to add: Primary ski areas likely to be Wasatch/Montana and Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    Anybody have time on this years commander 98 here in the west? Liking it for the dry periods/groomer days? Nimble in the moguls?

I'm looking to swap out my K96s since I just don't need the 108 and the 96. I got the 96 for park/rails but I lost interest in anything but jumps.

I have the older c98 in 188. I bought them because I was on the phone with Melee during the summer buying something else and apparently had money burning a whole in my pocket. I've got 5 days on them and holy shit what a fun low tide ski. The new version is probably a better ski. I have mine mounted plus 2. I haven't been on a sub 100 ski in over a decade because the DW is so good. Well if I'm not skiing any good snow the c98 is the go too. They arc and are still super easy to pivot in bumps. They love taking air and have amazing suspension per gram ratio. I would highly recommend for your use case.

New CMD is way.... better West/East. They really nailed the OG intentions. I felt the older one was more of a carver- this one straight up eats fall line charging

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I have the older c98 in 188. I bought them because I was on the phone with Melee during the summer buying something else and apparently had money burning a whole in my pocket. I've got 5 days on them and holy shit what a fun low tide ski. The new version is probably a better ski. I have mine mounted plus 2. I haven't been on a sub 100 ski in over a decade because the DW is so good. Well if I'm not skiing any good snow the c98 is the go too. They arc and are still super easy to pivot in bumps. They love taking air and have amazing suspension per gram ratio. I would highly recommend for your use case.
    I might have to try them. Never skied metal before. I'm guessing if I normally ski a 184 moment, the 182 length is golden?

I might have to try them. Never skied metal before. I'm guessing if I normally ski a 184 moment, the 182 length is golden?
    Yes 184=182, I'm on 190s and the 188 is the one for me.

12/26/20....start of a new quiver...

Name:	Image1609028218.118858.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	231.2 KB 
ID:	354956

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the WCT 108 as a spring, couloir, mixed conditions ski? I have a pow ski but looking for something for all the other days. Trying to decide between going WCT 108 or with something a little more traditional (directional, flatter tail, etc.) This will be mostly west coast snowpack and I don’t ski very aggressively. Mainly just want stability if conditions are funky, pow performance is secondary.