Page 105 of 241 FirstFirst ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 6018
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    I owned both this years woods108 and wc108 before settling on the Comm108 and Ive ski this years jeffs as well since my brother has a pair.

This years WC108 190 is heavier than this years woods108 J108. The J108 also measures 186.7ish, kitty is closer to 188. The J108 will float better than the WC108. The WC108 will be better in chop and on the hard pack. Both the woodsman and the Jeff will be "looser" (they both have less ee) and prefer a more centered stance. I personally felt I could drive the WC108 better than this years woodsman.

For a high snow area the WC108 is more than capable during low-tide as it holds an edge really well. But if you wanted a two ski quiver I feel you wouldn't be in a bad place with a WC 101 and a full blown WC. or even a WC108 and a WC.
    what’s your experience with the Com 108?

bumps? Trees?

I am a traditional more technical type skier and spend time runnning early season groomers before other stuff opens up. I am looking for a nice 1 ski solution. I’m on the kore 99s now and I really like them but I am looking for something a little better on ice? I think the Com would be better with the metal layers.

Just curious about your style and experience on the mountain with them.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MVC View Post
    It must be me but I have not got along with my DW when it comes to powder skiing,. I get ALLOT of tip dive. First fix turn up dins from booting out from heel. Next Fix mounted -2cm from boot hated them. Next was -1cm from boot they work but I like liked boot center better for everything but powder skiing. Guess I need to buy Big WC and ski DW occasionally waist more time going to the car.
    Not saying there might not be others who’ve had your experience, but I ski the 2019 model 190cm and have not experienced any tip dive that I remember. I’ve been digging the ski so much this year that I’m questioning whether I really need a different, dedicated powder ski. Mine are mounted on the line.

Maybe you’re driving it too hard? I’ve adopted a more centered stance for this ski, so maybe that’s the difference.

Center stance does help but its a small window for my bad technique.

I agree K1M about the woodsman 108. I skied them for 8 days then dumped them on Ebay. I wonder what the poor bastard in AK thought about them. ON3P is a hot ski at our local resort. I have got 2 skiers this season to hang them up for Wildcats.

Oh man Love my DWT, I went with 184, and have no trouble with tip dive in pow. Honestly hung on to my other touring sticks just to see if I want to use them in the spring and honestly at this point can't see why I would want to switch.

I saw posting about people trying to organize a buy for custom PB&Death. Looks like that never materialized. I am 100% in if people wanted to get that going again. Been skiing Deathwish 184 this season and love the skis so much I am dying (pun) for a thinner Deathwish.

Fasa told me that custom ordering is on hold right now but maybe a group buy could get this done and have them for next season

Quote Originally Posted by RyansFaith View Post
    what’s your experience with the Com 108?

bumps? Trees?

I am a traditional more technical type skier and spend time runnning early season groomers before other stuff opens up. I am looking for a nice 1 ski solution. I’m on the kore 99s now and I really like them but I am looking for something a little better on ice? I think the Com would be better with the metal layers.

Just curious about your style and experience on the mountain with them.
    I have found I definitely prefer a touch more traditional shape and mount.

I think because of the weight of the Commander 108 being a bit heavier it maybe a little better on ice, but it is wider than your Kores.

I avoid bumps like the plague but ski a fair bit of trees. For being such a stiff ski they are actually quite easy to pivot. The tail is strong but doesn't kick your ass. They do like to go fast and the harder you push them the more they shine. If you have good technique you'll find these to ski quite easy in tight spots. I was a touch worried they would be a TON more ski than my Mindbender108 but didn't find this to be the case.

I did move the mount up to +2 per fasa as I wanted a bit more pivotability for my style. You do lose a bit of stability but the ski is so stable I still feel like I have more than enough. If you like a more traditional ski I would say keep it on the recommended mount.

Overall It's my favorite ski in the quiver and my DD.

Current Quiver:
    Mindbender108 186
    20/21 Comm108 188
    20/21 WC 190
    Protest 192

I agree K1M about the woodsman 108. I skied them for 8 days then dumped them on Ebay. I wonder what the poor bastard in AK thought about them. ON3P is a hot ski at our local resort. I have got 2 skiers this season to hang them up for Wildcats.
    I tried to like them, I really did. Just wasn't meant to be. Had to detune the shit out of them to get them not to hook but still wasn't in love. Although I ended up on the Comm108 I much preferred the WC 108 over the Woods108.

Current Quiver:
    Mindbender108 186
    20/21 Comm108 188
    20/21 WC 190
    Protest 192
    How do the mindbender 108’s compare to the wildcat 108’s?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    How do the mindbender 108’s compare to the wildcat 108’s?
    Benders float better and carve better but are less balanced in the air, dont like to spin and are not great for skiing switch and the benders are maybe a touch more damp.

If you are a more playful skier that likes to ski fast the Wildcat 108 is an excellent tool.

If you are more directional and dont spin or ski switch the MB108 is an awesome ski. The thing I've always liked about the minbender is that it is very forgiving while being pretty damp/stable.

The Commander feels like a mb108 with more gas/stability with a touch less forgiveness.

Benders float better and carve better but are less balanced in the air, dont like to spin and are not great for skiing switch and the benders are maybe a touch more damp.

If you are a more playful skier that likes to ski fast the Wildcat 108 is an excellent tool.

If you are more directional and dont spin or ski switch the MB108 is an awesome ski. The thing I've always liked about the minbender is that it is very forgiving while being pretty damp/stable.

The Commander feels like a mb108 with more gas/stability with a touch less forgiveness.
    Thank you for the info I have the wildcat 108 but I’m always looking to add overlap.
    I love how fast and playful the cats are with an active ski style.
    I’m kind of looking to add a ski that will ski just as fast or faster, but with less skier input.

Quote Originally Posted by poleplant View Post
    Thank you for the info I have the wildcat 108 but I’m always looking to add overlap.
    I love how fast and playful the cats are with an active ski style.
    I’m kind of looking to add a ski that will ski just as fast or faster, but with less skier input.

I would take a strong look at the Commander.

Plus next years graphic looks sick.

It must be me but I have not got along with my DW when it comes to powder skiing,. I get ALLOT of tip dive. First fix turn up dins from booting out from heel. Next Fix mounted -2cm from boot hated them. Next was -1cm from boot they work but I like liked boot center better for everything but powder skiing. Guess I need to buy Big WC and ski DW occasionally waist more time going to the car.
    190? Did not like the 184's, went w a 190 dwt and loving it. 5'10 185 ski fast af with zero technique

I have found I definitely prefer a touch more traditional shape and mount.

I think because of the weight of the Commander 108 being a bit heavier it maybe a little better on ice, but it is wider than your Kores.

I avoid bumps like the plague but ski a fair bit of trees. For being such a stiff ski they are actually quite easy to pivot. The tail is strong but doesn't kick your ass. They do like to go fast and the harder you push them the more they shine. If you have good technique you'll find these to ski quite easy in tight spots. I was a touch worried they would be a TON more ski than my Mindbender108 but didn't find this to be the case.

I did move the mount up to +2 per fasa as I wanted a bit more pivotability for my style. You do lose a bit of stability but the ski is so stable I still feel like I have more than enough. If you like a more traditional ski I would say keep it on the recommended mount.

Overall It's my favorite ski in the quiver and my DD.

Current Quiver:
    Mindbender108 186
    20/21 Comm108 188
    20/21 WC 190
    Protest 192
    Thanks, I will be lurking for a pair then. I love the Kores but could use a little more width and stiff for crud. I am also considering the K105s.

What bindings are you using on the Deathwish? If you had something with a flatter ramp it may help you get more centered. I started setting up my pivot 18s with the toe spacer to achieve -1mm ramp instead of the stock -5mm, and felt more balance being more upright.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    I've lurked on this thread forever as I demoed a DW several years back for an afternoon at Kirkwood and liked. Plus I'm a Slayer fan so there's that. Anyhoo....

I have a Scott Punisher 183 (either 108 or 110 waist, not sure) for soft snow days here in the PNW. It's a good ski. I love the ski in medium, low density snow. It also does pretty damn well on groomers. But I noticed in the last amazing storm cycle we had that once the chop warmed up a tiny bit the Punisher can get kicked around. I'm not getting any younger and don't want a super heavy crud/chop killer that is demanding to ski. I also tend to avoid really stiff tails. Anyone happen to have skied both the Punisher and a recent vintage DW to compare? Assuming that's unlikely... thoughts on a DW to replace the Punisher to deliver better in heavier snow/chop while still being easy to ski and doing everything else well. I don't really want to add another wider ski to the quiver (116+) as I don't think it would come out that often (ski a lot with my kiddos currently). So the options in the 108-112 range are optimal I think. thanks.
    Last edited by chaka; 03-02-2021 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by astewartconst View Post
    I saw posting about people trying to organize a buy for custom PB&Death. Looks like that never materialized. I am 100% in if people wanted to get that going again. Been skiing Deathwish 184 this season and love the skis so much I am dying (pun) for a thinner Deathwish.

Fasa told me that custom ordering is on hold right now but maybe a group buy could get this done and have them for next season
    Sounds kinda like a softer Belafonte... would like.
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

I would take a strong look at the Commander.

Plus next years graphic looks sick.
    are these the Slayer themed tops on their website? Pretty sweet...

I would love a Vic Rattlehead themed stick.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    What bindings are you using on the Deathwish? If you had something with a flatter ramp it may help you get more centered. I started setting up my pivot 18s with the toe spacer to achieve -1mm ramp instead of the stock -5mm, and felt more balance being more upright.
    Pivot 18 turned way down little guy and older. Thanks for the pointer. I am sure if I went with a longer DW ski length it would help but man that would be allot of tail to ski. WC I am thinking is more my ski in the moment line.

Moment Skis Discussion

I’m new to the Moment family, looking forward to getting these mounted up this week!

DWT 184, thinking -6.5 mount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2304.JPG 
Views:	288 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	365624

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I’m new to the Moment family, looking forward to getting these mounted up this week!

DWT 184, thinking -6.5 mount

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2304.JPG 
Views:	288 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	365624
    Anything with triple camber I would mount OTL.

I’d be in. Love my old AF pbj. Don’t love my frankenski.

On that note I have a minimal use 182 20/21 frankenski w/ 1 mount that I’d move to an interested mag.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Im in.

We are not making a PB&Death and not going to do a group buy with a ski that we can not test and refine.

New skis drop 8/1.

I think you guys will be stoked about what we came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    We are not making a PB&Death and not going to do a group buy with a ski that we can not test and refine.

New skis drop 8/1.

Ahhh this happens every year...... I'm gonna be sitting here playing the "what could it be" game.

I guess the positive here is that I have never been disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

New skis drop 8/1.

That was a very polite way of saying for fuck’s sake...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.