Page 89 of 241 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by KM14 View Post
    What's the preferred mounting for DWT 184? I'm on the bigger side for this size 5'11" 195lbs. Playful directional skier. Mount on the line or 1cm back?
    Line. Unless this is your fattest ski for deeper days. Presuming you have a fatter ski in the quiver.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

yup - on the line you can still ski directionally just fine. if it's for pow, -1 will let you drive the tips a bit more though for your size it's gonna want a more neutral stance in soft anyway

What's the preferred mounting for DWT 184? I'm on the bigger side for this size 5'11" 195lbs. Playful directional skier. Mount on the line or 1cm back?
    Mine are 2cm back (184s, a bit heavier than you) and it’s been pretty good so far.

I'm 6'1 205 and went on the line and have zero regret.

Moment Skis Discussion

Updated family photo

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	351366

DWT arrived today, graphic is way sexier in person. Awaiting jigarex plate for shifts so I can mount them up. Duplicate Meridian tour is up for grabs if you’re interested. Ditto on the demo bindings for the blades if you’re in the Silver/Lookout area.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Skied my wc108t for the first time in a whole variety of snow types. These things are awesome. Thinking about selling my fatter skis as these were just great and so easy in pow. Also skied way to recklessly on the way out on rough groomers with no issues. 184 with atomic mtn Also have reg 190 with shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Updated family photo

DWT arrived today, graphic is way sexier in person. Awaiting jigarex plate for shifts so I can mount them up. Duplicate Meridian tour is up for grabs if you’re interested. Ditto on the demo bindings for the blades if you’re in the Silver/Lookout area.

Nice to see old family members in that photo. So bizarre, fighting the urge to buy back a pair of meridian tours. Need a DWT more.

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Nice to see old family members in that photo. So bizarre, fighting the urge to buy back a pair of meridian tours. Need a DWT more.

Well we could always reswap. The Meridian tour is much more playful and versatile, you should probably just have both.

Thanks again for starting the addiction. Meridian is still easily the most fun ski out there. The only complaint I have is I wish there was a longer length @Melee

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Updated family photo

FYI check your Jigarex shift plates, the heel and toe stops on mine are out of spec. The proper measure is on center instead of end measure for mine resulting in a mount that is 8mm too long and 4mm too forward.

Talking Need help on a decision

Hi, I'm new to the thread but I have had my eyes on the moment wildcat 108s for a long while. I am getting back onto skis after taking a little break and snowboarding for a while. I knew I wanted a slightly thicker ski being 106 to 112 ish and 190 length. I ended up testing Black Crows Atris and loved the way they drove.
    I would love information on why one might rise above the others for someone who likes to get off groomers in Colorado.

In short I need to choose between
    Black crows atris
    Moment wildcat 108
    Moment deathwish

Quote Originally Posted by APEP View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the thread but I have had my eyes on the moment wildcat 108s for a long while. I am getting back onto skis after taking a little break and snowboarding for a while. I knew I wanted a slightly thicker ski being 106 to 112 ish and 190 length. I ended up testing Black Crows Atris and loved the way they drove.
    I would love information on why one might rise above the others for someone who likes to get off groomers in Colorado.

Black crows atris
    Moment wildcat 108
    Moment deathwish
    One of many available opinions -

The deathwish is the best of the three.

And even though the wc108 is a damn nice ski...

It’s not close.

Quote Originally Posted by pembyguy View Post
    Skied my wc108t for the first time in a whole variety of snow types. These things are awesome. Thinking about selling my fatter skis as these were just great and so easy in pow. Also skied way to recklessly on the way out on rough groomers with no issues. 184 with atomic mtn Also have reg 190 with shift.

What is up with the tour layup and encouraging excessive speed?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    One of many available opinions -

The deathwish is the best of the three.

And even though the wc108 is a damn nice ski...

It’s not close.
    As a huge fan of all things Moment, (have had 16 pair in our family) I would also go with the DW. My everyday driver, 112 is good in powder and TC allows it is rip on groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    What is up with the tour layup and encouraging excessive speed?
    Strava says I’ve done 70mph on my WCT108s. I still don’t understand how a ski that light can be that confident at speed.

I’ve been on all three of those skis and prefer the WC108 by far. They charge much harder than the Atris.

I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Saw a Pair of Jag Sharks in good condition for 40 bucks

Worth pulling the trigger or just stick with my DWT for the 1-2 resort days I squeeze in when family is in town?

Moment Skis Discussion

So I snagged a pair of last years 181cm Moment Meridan 107s for $399. Had some cash in my Paypal account from selling dumb stuff. And some green STHs looking for a green ski. Equals pair #9 in the Covid quiver.

Usually I bump my mounts forward a bit. Eg My Rustler 11s are -6.7cm (+1), QST 106s -6.25cm (+2.5), Enforcer 104s -6.35cm (+2.5)....etc. Love that -6 ish mount spot.

I’ve previously owned Meridian 117s. Mounted at -5cm. Had some K2 Marksmans at -5cm. Tips seemed just a bit short. Like 1cm short. Haha.

Re the upcoming meridian 107 mount....I’m thinking going back 1cm to -6cm? (I know I’ve answered my own question). Seems to be where Blister liked them too.

FWIW I bought a pair of Meridians that were very slightly used that had demo bindings on them for my oldest adult son. Had no intention of keeping the heavy demo bindings on them but before removing them I moved the bindings forward and back +1, 2, 3 and then -1, 2, 3 and I thought on the recommended skied the best. This was about three years ago and late last year I added the Meridian to my quiver to go along with the DW and DWT. Not at all disappointed with any of these on the line.

I have a pair of 187 Meridians and previously denied them from the Moment factory, so I was able to play around with mount point. I’m more used to skis in the -8 to -9 mount point range, and while demoing, I preferred them at -.75 to on the line. Pushing them back to -1.5 was the worst of the 3 options I tried—it lost too much quickness.

Still, when I got my own pair, Moment convinced me to mount them on the line, and since then, I’ve gotten used to the line and think they work best there. You do lose quickness if you move the mount back, so as long as you’re good with the more upright stance (and sounds like you are), I’d go with the line. Meridians are really stiff and are quite stable if you stay balanced.

Only reason I could see to go back 1cm is if they’re on the small side for you and you want to use them as chargers (as opposed to a slush bump ski or a playful ski for tight terrain)—I’m 5’11”, 150lbs and think 187 is the right size for me.

I know it’s early, but anyone been on the new commander 98?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    FWIW I bought a pair of Meridians that were very slightly used that had demo bindings on them for my oldest adult son. Had no intention of keeping the heavy demo bindings on them but before removing them I moved the bindings forward and back +1, 2, 3 and then -1, 2, 3 and I thought on the recommended skied the best. This was about three years ago and late last year I added the Meridian to my quiver to go along with the DW and DWT. Not at all disappointed with any of these on the line.
    I have the DW and DWT, can you talk about how different the Meridians are? What days do you bring which ski? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frjnke View Post
    I have the DW and DWT, can you talk about how different the Meridians are? What days do you bring which ski? Thanks
    I bought the Meridians to replace a few year old pair of Blizzard Bonifide's. For me (others would have a different view) they were strictly a groomer never to be used in anything off trail even small soft bumps. I found the tails extremely stiff and unmanageable. I wanted a good groomer ski but also during low tide be able to ski through tight trees which I could not do with the Bonifide's.

I used my DW 80% of the time and they are the best one ski quiver I can think of. Moment has a rep in SLC and I tried to get a pair of Commander 98's to demo but he did not have them in the length I wanted. He was going to be gone for a few days so I took the Meridians instead so I was able to ski them for a week. On groomers I ski fast, probably faster than an old man should ski but that's what I do. I did not expect them with full rocker to be as stable at high speed as they are, could not get them to waver a bit. The rocker allows for much better skiing in bumps and tight trees. The DW is a better overall ski off trail but on the groomers the Meridian IMO is a little more stable. I ski the Meridian in a slightly longer length than the DW which is part of it but also the Meridian has a very long effective edge length considering the rocker.

Meridian 181 EEL is 1517
    DW 179 EEL is 1408
    Commander 98 / 182 EEL is 1525

I wonder how I might like the Wildcat 98 (new this year) versus the Meridian for what I am using if for. I struggled a little with the decision to buy the Meridian because the dimensions are similar to the DW. However they ski differently enough due to TC versus full rocker that it is not an issue.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I know it’s early, but anyone been on the new commander 98?

I only have two groomer days on the new commander 108 so cant really give a full review yet. But I can say that the new build and layup is very damp and smooth. Like Cadillac smooth. The increased effective edge is noticeable and in my opinion a better feel for a directional ski than the 19/20 Commander that had more taper.

Very impressed so far, and would imagine the new 98 even though its slightly lighter and narrower, should benefit in the same way.

Mad props Moment.

Name:	IMG_3319.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	601.3 KB 
ID:	352252

2021 OG Wildcat 190CM vs. Wildcat 108 190CM

Background Info: Last year I purchased the WC108 190CM to replace my old Black Crows Atris 189CM as a daily driver for Western Canadian conditions. I loved WC108 in everything but firm conditions or when I was going max speed through heavy chop. I also found that the float was ok for a 108CM wide ski, but it wasn't as great as the BC Atris once you got it in more than 20CM of fresh.

So for the 2020/2021 ski season I decided to sell my WC108 and the "daily driver" concept and go to a two-ski quiver with the Mantra M5 (picked up at the end of last season sales bonanza) and I ordered the updated core/heavier OGWC in 190CM length. We've had a good start to the season by my ski days have mostly been on the M5, a phenomenal low tide ski if you want a ski that is energetic, quick and has an insane amount of edge hold in firm conditions. The only knock is that it is not playful at all and I really only would suggest straight airs with it. But I knew that would be the case when I bought it so I am in no way upset by that.

Anyways, we finally got a major dump here at Lake Louise: 30CM+ overnight with continuous snow until noon and with the wind loading, some areas were closer to 2 feet deep - a perfect day to take the new OGWC out for a spin! And I have to say that I was blown away by the ski.

Key Differences New OG WC vs WC 108:

- Float: Definitely floats way better than the WC108 once you got in the deep stuff as one would expect given the width increase.

- Dampness/stability: OGWC is a smooth and damp monster. You can blast through piles of snow at speed with the OGWC whereas the WC108 required a bit more input while skiing. Definitely a noticeable step change from the WC108 in this area.

- Carving: OGWC has a longer radius and it definitely feels slower edge to edge than the WC108 but the OG WC does just fine considering its width when you try to pull a few hip drags back down
    to the chair when conditions are soft.

- Moguls/Trees/Tight spots/Pivotability: I found no significant difference between the two skis in terms of pivot and phenomenal performance in tight spots. A standout feature of both skis.

- Playfulness/pop: the WC108 feels more poppy/bouncy though the OG WC feels a more confidence-inspiring on big landings.

- Weight: The OG WC has a slightly higher stated weight with the new core but I honestly didn't really feel a significant difference, especially with regards to swing weight.

Summary/TLDR: The WC 108 is a really fun ski but I always felt that it's performance bandwidth was in that 5CM to 20CM range and after that it felt a bit inadequate. The OG WC is built for 10CM to 50CM+ and was definitely stronger as a resort pow ski given how well it performed in the chop with the increased Dampness/Stability. And if you really don't care about groomer performance at all then I would say that the OG WC is the way to go for a "daily driver/one ski quiver" for anyone in a high snow area.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    yup - on the line you can still ski directionally just fine. if it's for pow, -1 will let you drive the tips a bit more though for your size it's gonna want a more neutral stance in soft anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Mine are 2cm back (184s, a bit heavier than you) and it’s been pretty good so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    I'm 6'1 205 and went on the line and have zero regret.
    Does this wisdom still hold true to the standard DW? I too am a playful charger, or at least that's what I intend for this ski. I was contemplating mounting -1 from the line. That wise or do I stay on the line?

Quote Originally Posted by APEP View Post

Black crows atris
    Moment wildcat 108
    Moment deathwish
    As been mentioned, either the DW or WC108.

I own the Atris and aim to sell it. The Moments I own, on the other hand, stay in my collection for many years and some never leave. There's a reason for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Saw a Pair of Jag Sharks in good condition for 40 bucks

Worth pulling the trigger or just stick with my DWT for the 1-2 resort days I squeeze in when family is in town?
    Hell yes! Always. n+1