Page 241 of 241 FirstFirst ... 236 237 238 239 240 241
Results 6,001 to 6,023 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    Happy 6k posts

Been trying out the dwt as my do it all touring ski and so far no complaints except maybe it does it all too well and leaves the rest of my skis sad and unloved
    This is my experience as well. Haven't touched another touring ski in 4 seasons. That changes tomorrow when I take the Meridian Tour out. But 1000% the DWT made my other touring sticks obsolete

Spoke w Moment people and got the DW 112 in 179 and they've given a generally pretty shady season here in Japan some of its best days. Just had a killer weekend getting sun-roasted and blasting across soft shlowder chop....nimble enough to pop off just about anything but stable enough to hang on and straight line through when necessary. So much funk in that shape, and I love that it's not all just there on the surface like the Bent 100s etc, but something with some character....what a vibe. At least 2 pairs of skis in the cupboard looking threatened.

Evidently my phone blocked moments texts so I didn’t get the message this am they went onsale earlier and are already sold out. Hopefully someone grabbed a pair.

DWT104 blems need to drop on SkiBurger....I'm checking daily

I'm checking for the regulars daily as well. I wonder if they'll send out a text before

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Email me directly at max@momentskis.com with the width / model / length your interested in and I'll check the back when I have time.

the big blem sale usually takes place after the factory bbq sale. So you still have time

Is the Countach 104 a lock for next season? Looking to consolidate Brahma, PB&J, and Corvus with Commander 92 and potentially CT 104...

Also, anyone spend time on the Commander 92?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCrac View Post
    Suppositories convinced me it was a good idea to wear a helmet.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a demo pair of DW 104 from Bentgate mountaineering and noticed they had a pair of the DWT 104 in 190 for 20% off.

Got a some DW104’s on the way (thanks hot pocket), will 95mm Pivots work?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    yep 95 is what moment recommends for the 104.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaSnow View Post
    the big blem sale usually takes place after the factory bbq sale. So you still have time
    whens the bbq? I want/need some voyager evo's on my dwt's

Quote Originally Posted by Thesystemsplit View Post
    whens the bbq? I want/need some voyager evo's on my dwt's
    Should be sometime in May. Dates will usually be announced closer

Been out on the Meridian Tour more. It definitely won't supplant the DWT as my favorite, but I have a much better idea of where and when I'll use each one.

I'm still getting used to the no camber feel, but I think for much of corn season the meridian is gonna see more action than the DWT

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Been out on the Meridian Tour more. It definitely won't supplant the DWT as my favorite, but I have a much better idea of where and when I'll use each one.

I'm still getting used to the no camber feel, but I think for much of corn season the meridian is gonna see more action than the DWT
    Would love to hear where and when you'll use each one!

If anyone is looking, I've got my Commander 98s for sale - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t-Commander-98
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

If anyone is looking, I've got my Commander 98s for sale - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t-Commander-98
    Rode my C98s for a classic spring day at DV. Handled the firm morning all the way thru the soupy slush. Total blast the entire time, from going 65mph + to popping off slush piles. For a strong skier (not that I am), I can't imagine a better lowish tide ski. They are reaching cold dead hands for me after only 3 days on them.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post

Honestly I still envision the DWT seeing the lion's share of action. Though the Meridian Tour will probably see a good deal of spring/corn usage. But I see the Meridian Tour as covering most things under the 6" range where fresh snow is concerned, and then also for dealing with the variable and breakable crust days or the occasional denser more damp snow days we get in the Wasatch. The very firm and then deep enough to enjoy a surfy feel I'll be reaching for the DWT. This is all subject to change as I still need to put in more days on the Meridians, but for the time being this is my plan. I plan right now to use the Meridians a lot this spring and get more used to them. They definitely ski different enough from the DWT that it'll depend on how I want to ski that day.

The DW just fits so well how I like to ski, its hard to opt for something else. The DW I find is more versatile and more playful, and the Meridian is more pivoty but also more stable.

Question for the big brains here:

How do you tune your Deathwishes? I know factory is 1.5 base 1.5 side but have you experimented with a different tune? Sometimes I feel the 1.5 base doesn't grip as well as I'd like

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maxfieldmaterne@gmail.com View Post

How do you tune your Deathwishes? I know factory is 1.5 base 1.5 side but have you experimented with a different tune? Sometimes I feel the 1.5 base doesn't grip as well as I'd like

Try a 1:1.

The push to a 1.5 base makes sense to account for error. If you miss on the low side on the base bevel (less than 1) a ski will be hooky and scary as shit on hardpack.

Quote Originally Posted by maxfieldmaterne@gmail.com View Post

1.5 is there newest recommended setting. I’d stick with the 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBogey View Post
    Similar question here, trying to take advantage of some cheap shifts but the brake release while skinning drives me crazy. I'm tempted to go for the 90mm option, anyone have experience fitting this to the DW 104?

I tune my OG DW with a 1 base 2 side. I have been using this tune on all my skis since mid 2000s... Same tune on PBJ/WC101 and CMD98s. All hold great, release/slarve just the same. DW felt a less intuitive when I got them, but I picked them up used so not sure what they had so I took control and set them fresh with the 1:2
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M