Page 58 of 241 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 6010
    I actually really enjoy the W108’s on soft groomers... nice and poppy to load you into the next turn. To each his own.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I actually really enjoy the W108’s on soft groomers... nice and poppy to load you into the next turn. To each his own.
    Strangely, I found my WC108 really easy to load on Midwestern re-freeze. Sadly its the only time I've had them out so far. Perhaps dropping down to the 184 made it easier for me to power the ski as Im normally on longer skis. Not the intended use, but I was reassured that these and a pair of Confessions would serve me well as a 2 ski quiver. Have them all set for a Silverton trip and cant wait to rip the trees with them.

I had a Wildcat 108 that I’ve warrantied and just received a brand new pair. Big thanks to Moment for doing that! I think I’m going to move on from them though, so if you are interested in a 190 cm send me a message. I’m looking for 600 plus shipping and fees.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    I had a Wildcat 108 that I’ve warrantied and just received a brand new pair. Big thanks to Moment for doing that! I think I’m going to move on from them though, so if you are interested in a 190 cm send me a message. I’m looking for 600 plus shipping and fees.

With a blister membership you can get them from the factory for about 70 bucks more and they come with a warranty. Just saying.

warrantee something, then sell what you get for free for damn near retail? If you're buying from amer sports that's one thing, but moment ain't that. this is how we lose good warrantee policies...

I'm with J - the 108s are fun on soft groomers. fun on edgeable hard stuff, too. better than meridians on ice go figure

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    warrantee something, then sell what you get for free for damn near retail? If you're buying from amer sports that's one thing, but moment ain't that. this is how we lose good warrantee policies...

I'm with J - the 108s are fun on soft groomers. fun on edgeable hard stuff, too. better than meridians on ice go figure
    Sorry, are you upset because I’m selling them, or the price? 20% off retail is not damn near retail. You are right, Moment is not amer sports who overproduce and blow out gear at rock bottom prices at the end of the year, nor can Moment afford to give heavy discounts like Amer. I’ve never seen a brand new $500 w108, have you? What would you suggest?

And these aren’t free, I am in for full retail for my original pair which unfortunately had problems, and Moment backed them up with a new pair.

you got hooked up, hook somebody up

this keeps the world turning

high pressure results if you break the cycle homie

I got made whole. I’m not against hooking someone up, I’ve gotten some sweet deals and help from mags, and have sold gear for a song as well. I know what’s up, and appreciate what you’re saying.

You want to price police me, do that. Don’t say I’m fucking with Moments ability to offer awesome customer service and stand behind their products. They did right by me and my retail purchase, and I’m moving on from the ski.

How is getting a product warrantied getting "hooked up?"

This is no different than if he bought new skis and decided to sell them. If he wants to offer a deal to a maggot, that's one thing. Otherwise, they're worth whatever someone will pay for them.

Yeah getting a defective product replaced under warranty isn’t really a hookup.

Curious what issue you had with the original pair, and why you have decided to move on from them? Cheers!

Surprised this is not clear - Getting warranty replacements takes you from having a mounted ski w days on it to new skis. In terms of market value, that’s like being handed 200 to 300 bucks.

I personally think that taking the company’s good faith and turning it into cash is a douche move

To each his own gouge away my friends

Am I right in thinking that the factory edge angles for the Bibby (2016/17, if it matters) were 1/1?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Am I right in thinking that the factory edge angles for the Bibby (2016/17, if it matters) were 1/1?
    Pretty sure.

It is 1/1

Thanks!

Hey folks, any skied the Commander in both the 178 and 188? Trying to decide which direction to go as I typically have skis in the 180-184 range. Directional skier, not necessarily a hard-charger, just want a fun all mountain ski that does well in a little bit of everything.

Surprised this is not clear - Getting warranty replacements takes you from having a mounted ski w days on it to new skis. In terms of market value, that’s like being handed 200 to 300 bucks.

I personally think that taking the company’s good faith and turning it into cash is a douche move

To each his own gouge away my friends

Surprised it’s not clear that when you get warranty replacement the original pair was defective. That’s the manufacturer’s fault not the customer. He should eat full retail price on a defective ski just because he happened to not like a defective product?

List a few skis you’ve owned and that will help. Maybe height and weight along with what commander width you are after and where they will be skied.

For example a commander 118 for big snow days, I would round up. 98 for firm low tide days, I would be more likely to round down.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Hey folks, any skied the Commander in both the 178 and 188? Trying to decide which direction to go as I typically have skis in the 180-184 range. Directional skier, not necessarily a hard-charger, just want a fun all mountain ski that does well in a little bit of everything.

Ya sorry, was referring to the 108s and they’re going to be a Tahoe daily driver. I’m 5’11, 175. Skis I’ve enjoyed over the years, 2015 Sick Day 110/186, Praxis MVP 183, on the 2019 Atris 184 currently which I like. Not a super aggressive skier but do like going fast here and there but when things get chopped up I’d rather slow it down and make some turns than straightline it. Want something that can pivot to shut down speed in trees or tight terrain.

I have not skied the Commander 108, but given that info, I would lean 178cm. The 188cm is fairly substantial for a ski of that length. At your height and weight it would be fine, but that’s more the length for the person who wants to straight line and doesn’t shut it down.

Ya sorry, was referring to the 108s and they’re going to be a Tahoe daily driver. I’m 5’11, 175. Skis I’ve enjoyed over the years, 2015 Sick Day 110/186, Praxis MVP 183, on the 2019 Atris 184 currently which I like. Not a super aggressive skier but do like going fast here and there but when things get chopped up I’d rather slow it down and make some turns than straightline it. Want something that can pivot to shut down speed in trees or tight terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I have not skied the Commander 108, but given that info, I would lean 178cm. The 188cm is fairly substantial for a ski of that length. At your height and weight it would be fine, but that’s more the length for the person who wants to straight line and doesn’t shut it down.
    Why would you give a recommendation on a ski you've never skied?

Definitely get the 188. I'm 6 ft 170, and ski the 108 in a 194. It has a good amount of taper and and a radius on the small side. Super easy to release the tail and get them across the fall line. Very manuevarable for their length.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IanCH View Post
    Kinda happy I went with 190 over 184, I was very on the fence too...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Well if you change your mind and want something smaller let me know

Been pretty limited commander talk on here in general. How are people liking them?

Good point, just some general principles, i worked in the industry for quite a few years. It’s about listening to the words someone using and going off the shape.

Some people like short skis. I’m 160lbs and would buy a 194cm in that ski. When someone says they’re not super aggressive and will slow down when needed; I would say size down. For someone that wants an agile ski It’s about finding what’s ‘stable enough’ and going with that as your baseline. For others is about finding what’s agile enough and going as big as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Why would you give a recommendation on a ski you've never skied?

Definitely get the 188. I'm 6 ft 170, and ski the 108 in a 194. It has a good amount of taper and and a radius on the small side. Super easy to release the tail and get them across the fall line. Very manuevarable for their length.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk