Page 71 of 241 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 6014

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I can't wait to mount these deathwish's when I get some touring boots in August. But i'm terrified of fucking the mount up. Moment's go faster with extra holes right?
    And they stay cooler. Also the increased surface roughness makes them more aerodynamic.

I have been drilling a hole in a thin piece of (maybe 1/32 inch) sheet metal and clamping it down on top of the paper template as a drill guide lately. Makes freehand drilling tech for binding mounts a little bit less stressful.

The DW tours are awesome, btw. I’ve only got a few of days on them this year, but they’re like buttah. Was super easy to jump on them and feel at home after already being used to the regular DW.

Only thing I notice is the tour can get you tossed around a bit in chop, otherwise very similar as you would expect.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    And they stay cooler. Also the increased surface roughness makes them more aerodynamic.

I have been drilling a hole in a thin piece of (maybe 1/32 inch) sheet metal and clamping it down on top of the paper template as a drill guide lately. Makes freehand drilling tech for binding mounts a little bit less stressful.

The DW tours are awesome, btw. I’ve only got a few of days on them this year, but they’re like buttah. Was super easy to jump on them and feel at home after already being used to the regular DW.

I keep seeing people making reference of being used to the DW , is it so different than a non moment ski I might otherwise be used to?
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

We seem to like a lot of the same skis - how do you like the tip support on the DWT? The forward mount and more centered style is my one hesitation coming off skis like the Lhasas and Quixotes. Which length did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    I keep seeing people making reference of being used to the DW , is it so different than a non moment ski I might otherwise be used to?
    Yes, I think it skis similarly to the Kartel 108. My goal with the DWT, because I don’t get away from the resort as much as I want (don’t want to deprive the kids), was to avoid having to recalibrate to a ski I only use a handful of times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    We seem to like a lot of the same skis - how do you like the tip support on the DWT? The forward mount and more centered style is my one hesitation coming off skis like the Lhasas and Quixotes. Which length did you get?
    I’m on the 190, on the recommended BCL.

Spent my first day on them skiing slush bumps at sort of irresponsible speeds. I did feel like I was going to go over the bars a couple of times, but that faded pretty quickly. I started skiing the Deathwish and the Kartel 108 at the same time, and had the same feeling with the K108, so yeah, probably just adjusting to the center mount. It was not a frustrating adjustment period. I just found myself airborne a lot more than normal. I have experimented with the mount on the Kartel, moving back 1 and 2 cm, and didn’t love it. It wasn’t bad, just not as fun for me. I haven’t tried messing with the DW mount, but probably should, just to know how it feels. They can be driven pretty hard at the recommended mount location, though.

I think I have 20ish days on them and maybe four on the DWTs now, and they will survive the great quiver reduction I keep promising my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    We have had 14 pair of Moment's in the family; DW (3), DWT, Meridian's(2), Sierra's(2), Bella's, Carson's (2) & Zephyr's(3). Every pair has been mounted on the factory recommended line without regret. I did have a pair of demo bindings on one pair of Meridian's and fiddled with the mount point and I liked the line the best. No Bibby / Wildcat experience.

Stoke level is growing for the 20/21 ski line up

I'm looking at stainless steel door push plates. So you drill all the template holes in the stainless, do the normal paper mount procedure, then clamp the stainless template over paper (lining up the holes) and it guides the drill from drifting? I could probably get away with doing it in halves right?

I'm looking at stainless steel door push plates. So you drill all the template holes in the stainless, do the normal paper mount procedure, then clamp the stainless template over paper (lining up the holes) and it guides the drill from drifting? I could probably get away with doing it in halves right?
    Use the paper template with a center punch. The indent of the center punch will prevent drill drifting. Don’t overthink this.

I just drill one hole and move the plate around.

1. Tape the binding template to the ski
    2. Line up the plate over a hole
    3. Clamp it down
    4. Drill
    5. Go to 2.

Sometimes I go back and sink the drill bit fully in each hole, but usually not. The plate I’ve been using is only 1/32”.

Eventually the hole in the plate gets reamed out a little and a new one has to be drilled. I think I can usually mount three pairs of skis before that happens. Pretty low rent affair.

I think this graphic is pretty awesome

Teaser video looking good, Melee!

That base structure...

Neverending Story laser decapitating sphinx graphics? Just take my money now.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I think this graphic is pretty awesome

20/21 Site Live

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-29 Moment Skis.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	335690

20/21 COLLECTION IS LIVE

www.momentskis.com

Sweet line-up. New C108 looks like the business.

Adding ash to the Wildcat lay-up - hell yeah.

Looks like stiff is back!
    sproing!

Oh wow, the Commanders graphics are insane! Right down my alley.

Wildcat 101? Awesome! I assume the personality is closer to the Wildcat 108 than the PB&J?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Oh wow, the Commanders graphics are insane! Right down my alley.
    We took "Make Moment Evil Again" to heart. Glad you dig the graphics. Max Miller nailed it this year.

Hell yeah! My favorite part about the graphics was always the Sith Lord vibe.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Sweet line-up. New C108 looks like the business.

Adding ash to the Wildcat lay-up - hell yeah.

Looks like stiff is back!
    The ash Wildcat is awesome.

Also, we are using European Beech in the Commander Series. It's even stiffer and damper. The redesign is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wildcat 101? Awesome! I assume the personality is closer to the Wildcat 108 than the PB&J?
    Exactly, its not a super big departure from the PB&J but there are a few tweaks to sidecut geometry. A new ash core, base material and ABS sidewall makes it a solid update.

It still is intended for all the same conditions as the PB&J, we just think it handles them better.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

Name:	Screenshot_2020-07-29 Moment Skis.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	335690

20/21 COLLECTION IS LIVE

www.momentskis.com
    SICK! Is this carbon base new? Commander 118 design is basically unchanged from last season except for using Beech in the core?

well fekk me - so much awesomeness! I hate to say it (as waiting has been a pain), but it has been more than worth the wait

oh my - w116 weights are up significantly through using the w108 core

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-07-29 kl. 21.37.58.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	335708

and the new commander looks as deadly as the graphics suggest when looking at the geo and construction. Mymymy.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    oh my - w116 weights are up significantly

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020-07-29 kl. 21.37.58.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	335708
    Yesssssssssss

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums