Page 60 of 241 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 6014
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Anyone know what skis are on the far left of the picture? They were listed as "Moment skis" for $180. Any guesses on the length too in comparison to the snowboards. I'd guess they're on the shorter side

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Those are Bibby's. Either 11/12 or 12/13 model year

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

FWIW I ski the 188 pb&j (same rocker/camber as the wildcat, correct me if I'm wrong on that) and the 190 deathwish and find the deathwish to have equal or better edgehold on groomers. The pb&j is definitely quicker edge to edge being 11mm narrower, but the stiff flex and big twin has always made them feel like snowblades to me. The deathwish has a big twin as well, but it seems like the micro camber sections really do their job and increase bite at the ends of the ski. I think the deathwish has fantastic edge hold for a 112mm underfoot ski, and also pivots and surfs way better than a ski with that kind of edgehold should. It's not a ski for everyone, but it is definitely a "cold dead hands" ski that will always occupy the middle or fat end of my quiver. It's just too damn versatile. In anything from one inch to two feet I'm happy on the deathwish.

I own / have owned Bibby's, WC108, Bibby Tour, Deathwish, and Deathwish Tour. My $02: All of those skis can set a decent edge, but the Deathwish digs in a bit better. Bibby / WC108 rocker lines run deeper, which can make them feel short / snowblade-ish in some situations on firmer snow. Deathwish is a bit more sensitive to minor weight shifts - rolling your ankles in or out makes that ski transition between biting and sliding moreso than on the Bibby / Wildcat. Bibby / WC108 plane up more readily than the Deathwish. Bibby floats better than the Deathwish, but Deathwish floats better than the WC108. Bibby / WC108 are a bit more stable at speed than the Deathwish (but my non-tour Deathwishes are the older, softer version - new ones might be different). While the Deathwish obviously has triple camber, ultimately, all of those skis pretty clearly share some DNA.

To put it another way, my inbounds quiver right now is the 190 WC108 and the 184 Bibby. If I had to pick a quiver of one ski to replace those, it'd be the 184 Deathwish.

^^ Your 108's are longer than your wider Bibby's? That's a slightly unusual choice... or if you replaced the Bibby's would you go 190 next time?

I have 182 PB&J's... the shortest ski I own (everything else is 184 - 191). I don't feel like they ski particularly short. There's a twin on there but it's not really *that* pronounced (far less than the Wildcat 108's). They're also pretty decent in bumps, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    ^^ Your 108's are longer than your wider Bibby's? That's a slightly unusual choice... or if you replaced the Bibby's would you go 190 next time?
    Yeah - it's a bit odd. Not sure if I'd do it different though.

The Bibbys are are for soft days, and pow days only last for 3 hours anymore. So I spend a lot of time sniffing out pow stashes and noodling around in tight trees, where the 184 is preferable. But for those first 3 hours, yeah, I wish I had the 190's.

For 3-4 days after the storm when I'm on the WC108's, I don't usually bother with trying to find untouched in tight trees, and the longer ski is better for higher speeds in choppy snow on more open terrain. But, of course, there are times when I go fuck around on some tight billygoat lines where the long ski is a minor handful and I wish I had the 184.

That makes sense. Just need to buy more skis, right? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post

How are they compared to a more modern Bibby/WC? From the search function it looks like they're going to be heavier and more chargey that the current edition but still similar. That sound about right?

That’s the consensus, yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes sense. Just need to buy more skis, right? ;-)
    Always. N+1

I'm traveling to Telluride tomorrow and bringing one ski. Can you guess which one?

Here's some Deathwish stoke skiing some southerly winter slush to almost bulletproof northernly crap to some piste carving last weekend:

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    I'm traveling to Telluride tomorrow and bringing one ski. Can you guess which one?

Here's some Deathwish stoke skiing some southerly winter slush to almost bulletproof northernly crap to some piste carving last weekend:

love it!

Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...

I’ve looked at those for my wife too. She’s 5’0” and 115ish. Currently on 154 Kikus that are quite traditional mounted. I’ve wondered which size would be best for her.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...
    My sister has one but it was the previous years (it was full reverse camber), she is on a 162 and shes around 5'3". i know they changed it back to the mustache rocker now so the comments that she made was in regards to the reverse camber version. She says it skis quite nice although sometimes a little too strong/stiff for her in certain conditions. Very fun on a nice soft days perfect width for the ladies on a pow day.

Edit: she is also in Japan right now with those skis and having a great time with them. Although Japan didn't seem to get as much snow this year...

Some more DWT love from the Wasatch

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03629-01.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	344.6 KB 
ID:	316801

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01574-01.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	747.5 KB 
ID:	316802

Thought I'd post this here before GS...
    18/19 187 Meridians with Attack 13s (mounted at around 310 on the line, adjustable from 305 to at least 326) that I bought from @sruffian are for sale for $275 plus actual shipping or local pickup in Reno/Tahoe.
    Fun skis, but I'm suffering from too much quiver overlap.
    Decent shape, some base repair and the usual topsheet chipping--they're tuned and ready to roll.
    Pics to follow if there's interest or when I move this to GS.

Deathwish vs PB&J

What is better for a one ski quiver for CO/UT/NM? Deathwish or PB&J? Is the Deathwish "harder" to ski than the PB&J? I would assume the Deathwish would be better in trees, powder, and crud while the PB&J would be better for groomers. Is that correct?

Had a great day on my 190 W108s today. Gosh I love this shape so much, it’s insanely fun on groomers and just so easy to slarve. Great energy too and the edge grip is also so good.

I just really wish they were a bit heavier. They definitely do get kicked around a bit and you have to provide more input to keep them under control which for sure fatigues my legs more. Love how light it is in the air and for spins, but dont think an extra 200g would effect that at all since it would still be light for its size.

I keep wondering if I should sell them and stick with the woodsman 108, but every time I ski them I remember how dialed the wildcat/bibby shape is and how it fits my skiing style so well.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Had a great day on my 190 W108s today. Gosh I love this shape so much, it’s insanely fun on groomers and just so easy to slarve. Great energy too and the edge grip is also so good.

I just really wish they were a bit heavier. They definitely do get kicked around a bit and you have to provide more input to keep them under control which for sure fatigues my legs more. Love how light it is in the air and for spins, but dont think an extra 200g would effect that at all since it would still be light for its size.

I keep wondering if I should sell them and stick with the woodsman 108, but every time I ski them I remember how dialed the wildcat/bibby shape is and how it fits my skiing style so well.
    Exactly what you are saying is why I'm staying away from the WC108. Almost everything about it sounds like what I'm looking for but the lightweight lessens the crud busting ability I need in the PNW. I wish a heavier core option was available to give it a higher speed limit to make it a true charging ski. The Woodsman seems to have that down, but gives up to the WC108 on the playability.

Agreed 100%.

I like them a ton when it's a bit softer and I'm playing around more. The firmer the snow is and the faster I'm trying to go, the more they don't really cut it. That's when the Dynastars come out.

That is an over simplification. There is a lot of overlap between the skis but they have different personalities.

Deathwish is a wide one quiver that’s easy and playful. It’s really versatile and grips well on groomers.

PB&J is better as part of a quiver in my opinion as a playful ski that likes to ski pretty fast. It’s a mini-wildcat.

I ski Co and I would choose a Deathwish, but others might have a different opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    What is better for a one ski quiver for CO/UT/NM? Deathwish or PB&J? Is the Deathwish "harder" to ski than the PB&J? I would assume the Deathwish would be better in trees, powder, and crud while the PB&J would be better for groomers. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Exactly what you are saying is why I'm staying away from the WC108. Almost everything about it sounds like what I'm looking for but the lightweight lessens the crud busting ability I need in the PNW. I wish a heavier core option was available to give it a higher speed limit to make it a true charging ski. The Woodsman seems to have that down, but gives up to the WC108 on the playability.
    I want to make clear that the ski is very damp and not only for its weight. It doesn’t provide vibrations up your leg when skiing horrible coral reef and also has an extremely high speed limit due to the sidecut and flex.

It’s more that the combination of the light weight, rocker and stiff flex makes the ski bounce over stuff instead of being able to plow through, requiring you to keep more pressure on the ski to have it track straight in consolidated snow.
    It does really well in soft snow were the snow provides the suspension.

I want to make clear that the ski is very damp and not only for its weight. It doesn’t provide vibrations up your leg when skiing horrible coral reef and also has an extremely high speed limit due to the sidecut and flex.

It’s more that the combination of the light weight, rocker and stiff flex makes the ski bounce over stuff instead of being able to plow through, requiring you to keep more pressure on the ski to have it track straight in consolidated snow.
    It does really well in soft snow were the snow provides the suspension.
    This is accurate. Despite being a tip driving directional skier, I happen to like the whole centered stance high speed run out technique where you can bounce right off of everything while going really fast. It's super fun and the WC 108 is great for that. But yes, don't try to blast through everything or you're gonna have a bad time.

Oh, and to the guy above asking about one ski quivers, definitely go with the Deathwish over the PB&J. Love the PB&J's as part of a quiver but it's not what I'd want for everything, especially big powder days.

This is accurate. Despite being a tip driving directional skier, I happen to like the whole centered stance high speed run out technique where you can bounce right off of everything while going really fast. It's super fun and the WC 108 is great for that. But yes, don't try to blast through everything or you're gonna have a bad time.

Oh, and to the guy above asking about one ski quivers, definitely go with the Deathwish over the PB&J. Love the PB&J's as part of a quiver but it's not what I'd want for everything, especially big powder days.
    Got some new 190 DW’s this year and am amazed at how versatile they are. I have some ON3P W98’s that are not getting near as much snow time as a result. I would not hesitate to travel with them as a 1 ski travel quiver out west