Page 127 of 241 FirstFirst ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,175 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    WWMD...

Looking for a new low-tide resort ski. Groomer mobbing and other hardpack garbage snow days. If there's any new snow this ski won't come out. No park.

Looking for a high speed limit and longer radius. Doesn't need to be skinny, though - I like a wider platform in general.

Given the other skis I'm on and how those need to be skied, this ski should tolerate a more upright stance vs needing to be fully on the tips.

I'm flip-flopping on C108 vs the new DW 104.

I realize nobody here has been on the 104, but it's August, so you know...

Baseless opinions, anyone?

Having a good deal of time on hardpack garbage, go CMD98 hands down. Where the CMD 108 was fine, it's more of a missile for when you get 6" + or spring crud.

I think for groomers someone should make me an offer on my c98s on Gear Swap just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I think for groomers someone should make me an offer on my c98s on Gear Swap just saying....
    Ahhhh so tempted and local too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Ahhhh so tempted and local too.
    You want them I can tell!

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    You want them I can tell!
    Oh very much, problem is I rarely ski resort, and I had another pair of skis that are similar, and Jag Sharks that would fit the bill for the amount of resort time and terrain I end up skiing. Oh the siren song, I'm probably going to have some annoying conversations with my wife this week while keeping my fingers crossed they stay available.

Planning on ordering a Commander 108 this week. I read every post in this thread back to the announcement of redesign. There is a thorough review of the current 98 in there but not much on the current 108.

I keep going back and forth between ordering the 188 & 194. I'm 6'4" and let's call it north of 200 pounds. I think I would be perfectly happy on the 188. But keep thinking "will I be even happier on the 194?" It's less than a 2 1/2 inch difference. How much more ski can the 194 it really be? I started skiing significantly steeper terrain. I learned my lesson about being on a fairly light ski last season that easily got bucked around in chop. Going with the commander 108 I am putting a much higher priority on a ski being damp, stable and confidence inspiring in challenging terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by PowderNoob View Post
    Planning on ordering a Commander 108 this week. I read every post in this thread back to the announcement of redesign. There is a thorough review of the current 98 in there but not much on the current 108.

I keep going back and forth between ordering the 188 & 194. I'm 6'4" and let's call it north of 200 pounds. I think I would be perfectly happy on the 188. But keep thinking "will I be even happier on the 194?" It's less than a 2 1/2 inch difference. How much more ski can the 194 it really be? I started skiing significantly steeper terrain. I learned my lesson about being on a fairly light ski last season that easily got bucked around in chop. Going with the commander 108 I am putting a much higher priority on a ski being damp, stable and confidence inspiring in challenging terrain.
    Im 6 ft 170lbs, ski the 194 and dont find them to be too much ski. They are designed to initiate turns really well, and I can pivot them just fine it steep tight spots. At your height and weight, 194 seems like an easy decision, especially if you are putting a priority on stability.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Im 6 ft 170lbs, ski the 194 and dont find them to be too much ski. They are designed to initiate turns really well, and I can pivot them just fine it steep tight spots.
    That’s the type of feedback I was hoping for. Not just because you told me what I wanted to hear.

That’s the type of feedback I was hoping for. Not just because you told me what I wanted to hear.
    Go 194. I think you read my review on the CMD98 in a 176; I got my hands on a CMD 108 194 just bc ppl gave me $hit for skiing the 98 short. I stand by skiing the 176 - as a high edge carver.

The 108 194 was fine for my 145-150 pounds ; its all about preference.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Go 194. I think you read my review on the CMD98 in a 176; I got my hands on a CMD 108 194 just bc ppl gave me $hit for skiing the 98 short. I stand by skiing the 176 - as a high edge carver.

The 108 194 was fine for my 145-150 pounds ; its all about preference.
    Yes it was your review that I read. It was a very thorough review. I scrolled back through 40 pages of posts hoping someone had written a similar review of the 108.

Good to hear another recommendation for going with 194.

I guess I just can't stand the idea of living in a world where I never know the difference between the DW and the WC.

I picked up the last pair of 190 WC 118s from Skiburger.

Also, vibes to the entire Tahoe/ Moment crew. Hoping for the best for you all with the Caldor Fire.

Anybody checked in with Moment on shipping date for pre-ordered Voyagers? I'm not really in a hurry so don't need to bug them, but just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

My credit card says thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

I’ve never really given top sheets that close of a look until nipplegate. So when I picked up my commanders I tried to figure out my own explanation of the top sheet. Since we don’t have snow yet, this out of boredom.

The guy on the rock is realing from post nut clarity and considering ending it all and she is like wtf?? I have your throat yogurt on my chin please come backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4726.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	384486

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    I’ve never really given top sheets that close of a look until nipplegate. So when I picked up my commanders I tried to figure out my own explanation of the top sheet. Since we don’t have snow yet, this out of boredom.

The guy on the rock is realing from post nut clarity and considering ending it all and she is like wtf?? I have your throat yogurt on my chin please come backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4726.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	152.8 KB 
ID:	384486
    Hooded homie just had a menage a trois with those twins and gave them some of his baby gravy. He's headed off to give more women the nights of their lives, while the twins beg him to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Anybody checked in with Moment on shipping date for pre-ordered Voyagers? I'm not really in a hurry so don't need to bug them, but just curious.
    Voyagers were put on a boat in Italy over 2 months ago. They sat on that boat a few miles off shore of the Port of Los Angeles for over a month. They were unloaded from the boat over 2 weeks ago. I have been on the phone with the shipping company every single day trying to figure out when they will be delivered to our door. I sure hope they show up this week. As soon as we ship them out you will receive tracking information.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Voyagers were put on a boat in Italy over 2 months ago. They sat on that boat a few miles off shore of the Port of Los Angeles for over a month. They were unloaded from the boat over 2 weeks ago. I have been on the phone with the shipping company every single day trying to figure out when they will be delivered to our door. I sure hope they show up this week. As soon as we ship them out you will receive tracking information.
    Well that sounds like fun. Appreciate the update, and fingers crossed. But also seriously no worries, it's going to be months before I actually need them anyway. Just excited to fondle new toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I guess I just can't stand the idea of living in a world where I never know the difference between the DW and the WC.

Also, vibes to the entire Tahoe/ Moment crew. Hoping for the best for you all with the Caldor Fire.

Ha, same here. Ordered WC's as soon as the hit Skiburger. Just ponied up for a pair of DW's. They are scheduled to deliver today.
    The pre-season stoke is out of control.

Just received my DW's from the guys at Moment.
    The triple chamber is interesting to see in person (in a positive way). I am really looking forward to getting them on the snow!

Name:  IMG_1384.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  34.3 KB

First world problem time. Preorders for the 194 Commander 108 are closed. The rest of the 194's getting made will be a limited released sometime in October. Commanders are selling fast and the high possibility of their not being more commanders made this year.

There are 20 188's available right now. Trying to figure out how long to play chicken waiting for the 194 release before breaking and ordering the 188? It's less than 2 1/2 inches...

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    Just received my DW's from the guys at Moment.
    The triple chamber is interesting to see in person (in a positive way). I am really looking forward to getting them on the snow!

Name:  IMG_1384.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  34.3 KB
    Nice. They definitely live up to the hype. You won't be sorry.

First world problem time. Preorders for the 194 Commander 108 are closed. The rest of the 194's getting made will be a limited released sometime in October. Commanders are selling fast and the high possibility of their not being more commanders made this year.

There are 20 188's available right now. Trying to figure out how long to play chicken waiting for the 194 release before breaking and ordering the 188? It's less than 2 1/2 inches...
    I'm a little guy. My sweet spot is 180-185. Dropping down to a 174 would be silly. A 179 is totally doable. Guess it depends where on your spectrum those two skis fall?

How big are you, and what else do you ski/like? What's the plan for the C108s vis-a-vis quiver slot?

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    How big are you, and what else do you ski/like? What's the plan for the C108s vis-a-vis quiver slot?
    I'm 6'4". Even if I get down to my goal weight with gear I am over 200. This is going to be my steep ski. Even the 188 is going to be an upgrade in stability and crud busting over the 187 liberty helix (2015 model 105 under foot) I was using in this terrain last season.

Mostly I am just driving myself crazy checking how many 188's are available every couple of hours. Worrying that the 188's are going to sell out before the 194's get released and I somehow end up with neither.

I'm 6'4". Even if I get down to my goal weight with gear I am over 200. This is going to be my steep ski. Even the 188 is going to be an upgrade in stability and crud busting over the 187 liberty helix (2015 model 105 under foot) I was using in this terrain last season.

Mostly I am just driving myself crazy checking how many 188's are available every couple of hours. Worrying that the 188's are going to sell out before the 194's get released and I somehow end up with neither.
    I'm in a similar situation. Been eyeing the C98s in 188 for awhile now but don't get my next paycheck for another week. I check the inventory multiple times a day and similarly drive myself up the wall. They are going a lot slower than I thought they would but still only 4 left. With 20 C108s left as of this morning, I'd say you are safe for a few weeks.

If the 188s sell out before I can snag some, I'm just gonna go with DW104s.
    swing your fucking sword.