Page 85 of 241 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    DW/Shift seems to be a pretty heavy setup compared to what I typically tour on - easily 2lbs or so heavier than what I'm used to.
    Same. People who tour on that kind of setup must either be way fitter than me, have slower touring partners, or do shorter days.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Another vote for the regular Deathwish as an awesome 50/50 ski. They are my choice for a one ski quiver hands down. Decently light to tour on, and enough umph to charge pretty hard inbounds. Triple camber works, nuff said.
    I cannot imagine a better one ski quiver than the DW.

Put some 2016 Bibby Pro's up for sale in GS. 184cm

Moment Skis Discussion

Deathwish tour or Chipotle Banana? I’m having trouble deciding which to order. I have a normal Deathwish and would love to get a tour version. I also have been dreaming of a banana for a long time. Current quiver is Meridian tour for hating my legs and DW/Meridian for resort days. Tell me how to spend my money and why. My wife is getting sick of indecisiveness.

(I will eventually get both but what should I order now)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dhiler17 View Post
    Deathwish tour or Chipotle Banana? I’m having trouble deciding which to order. I have a normal Deathwish and would love to get a tour version. I also have been dreaming of a banana for a long time. Current quiver is Meridian tour for hating my legs and DW/Meridian for resort days. Tell me how to spend my money and why. My wife is getting sick of indecisiveness.

CB cause I want to hear a legit Moment reason to retire my Billy Goats...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a normal Deathwish...I also have been dreaming of a banana for a long time...My wife is getting sick of indecisiveness.
    fun with posts before bed.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    CB cause I want to hear a legit Moment reason to retire my Billy Goats...
    The Wildcat is more comparable to the BG's. Chipotle Bananas are more in line with the Cease & Desists.

The CB 186 is out of stock if that makes a difference. Dunno if they'll be pressing more but could be worth it to ask.

Ski: 2019-2020 Moment Frankeblades

Available Lengths: 99 cm (of pure fury)

Actual Tip-to-Tail Length (straight tape pull): Seriously?! See above

Stated Dimensions (mm): 116-99-116

Stated Weight Per Ski: Heavier than you would think

Stated Sidecut Radius: 9.7 meters (what!?)

Core Construction: Bamboo and more bamboo, see stated weight

Boots / Bindings: Lange RX 130 / Tyrolia Attack2 13 Demos (for maximum hold my beer shenanigans)

Mount Location: No fucking idea, Fasa did it for me

Test Location: Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, evidently "Where the Snow is"

Days Skied: 2

Beverages: Day 1: Three (okay, maybe four) Revision IPAs Day 2: Two White Claw Ruby Grapefruit tallboys (what? I was dehydrated)

Well let’s just go ahead and open with a strong statement: there were moments (see what I did there?) of abject terror when I let these things run...

At 99cm long, the Frankenblades make you look like you're wearing clown shoes. But since you're the best skier on the mountain no one will really mess with you. In fact, small children skated away crying when they saw me--of course that may not have been the skis.
    First run showed the blades to be very hookie, but after a trip back to the truck for an aggressive detune of the tips and tails (and another beer) I was able to actually turn these things without scaring myself shitless. Groomer performance was as expected for the 9.7m radius, stay centered and you can carve like you're on ice skates. Where the Frankenblades really shine though is soft moguls... fourth left turn in using my usual bash and slash bump skiing style I planted the tip of my right ski and slammed full out onto my chest. Hmm, maybe I just need to go faster?! Six turns later I planted the left tip and hit the ground harder than I have in a decade--full on head plant, googles pushed down packed with snow, ice cream cone headache. After getting up and farmer's blowing the snow out of my left nostril, I decided the poles were the problem. After heading back to truck to drop the poles (and another beverage) I wisely decided to find the Frankenblade's upper speed limit... Cresting about 50mph at the usual choke point runout I was questioning my life choices. On a more positive note I enjoyed the obscene gesture from the MILF I blew past at Mach Schnell (love ya Mrs. tight white pants, stay golden).

As an aside...
    Here's the only negative review from Moment's site courtesy of Russell C. (with which I concur)
    "So, have to be honest that not having the bases say Party Bullshit is a major letdown.

Other than that, they’re dope."

In summary, get yourself a pair if your life has become too complacent and you need an adrenaline rush that only the Frankenblade's 99cm of insanity can provide--remember, you can only be the best skier on the mountain if you're the best skier on the fucking mountain.
    Feel free to PM if you're in Tahoe and want to try them... that's what the demo binders are for after all.

What the fuck? This review should not be embedded in this thread, it should be the first post in a stand alone Hall of Fame thread. Someone please fix this immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    The CB 186 is out of stock if that makes a difference. Dunno if they'll be pressing more but could be worth it to ask.
    Need the big one so it works perfectly

Did someone say Deathwish? They are my FAVORITE ski of all time...and I've been alive way too long.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorta glad the 186 Ghost Train sold out. I keep wanting to buy them, and then remembering that I really don't need them, and then fighting an emotional battle back and forth in my mind. So that temptation is gone now. Still a DW boy.
    This aged well.

Pair of old Ghost Trains popped up on Facebook for the right price. Now I've got a "make poor decisions in deep snow" setup.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8733.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	349589

Sick! Did you put the Vipecs on? Should be fun fun fun.

At least you’re still in line with the triple camber theme...

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    This aged well.

Pair of old Ghost Trains popped up on Facebook for the right price. Now I've got a "make poor decisions in deep snow" setup.

Name:	IMG_8733.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	349589
    Thats awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Sick! Did you put the Vipecs on? Should be fun fun fun.
    Yeah! Took the Vipec of my DW tour in anticipation of that Voyager binding, seems like this may be the ultimate two ski Teton touring quiver for me, given my need for triple camber. Was way too close to pulling the trigger on some WhiteWalkers when these skis came up for sale, stoked I was able to stick with the "made in Reno" theme instead.

Anyone tryout the new core on the OGWC yet? I get that it weighs a bit more but I’m curious to see what the feel is like compared to the old core on the OGWC or, the same core on the WC108.

Name:	Image1606341699.037512.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	349751

Side job furnace swap to fund the new sticks. Leaning more towards the tour now.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Did someone say Deathwish? They are my FAVORITE ski of all time...and I've been alive way too long.
    QFT. G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by telelebowski View Post
    What the fuck? This review should not be embedded in this thread, it should be the first post in a stand alone Hall of Fame thread. Someone please fix this immediately.
    Also QFT. Pls fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    Anyone tryout the new core on the OGWC yet? I get that it weighs a bit more but I’m curious to see what the feel is like compared to the old core on the OGWC or, the same core on the WC108.
    I'll report back when / if it ever snows in Tahoe again.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    DW is my FWB. Yeah, I’ll take the hot new number for a spin around the block. But when I just wanna chill and get back to basics, I slide my toe piece into that tight little binder and mount the triple camber like my college girlfriend. Good times.

Deathwish tour or Chipotle Banana?

BAAAA NANA, since we’re voting, because they’re one of the funnest skis I’ve ever been on and who knows how long before they’re back on hiatus?? FWIW (and full disclosure, I haven’t been on C&D’s but have owned and thoroughly enjoyed a pair of Goats) I think the Bananas would be MUCH MUCH more versatile than C&Ds and more fun than the Goats. I think DWT’s would be a ball to BC on though so I guess you could chalk it up to which skis will get used more in the short term but just in terms of pure fun, BAAAA NANAS
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Ski: 2019-2020 Moment Frankeblades

Available Lengths: 99 cm (of pure fury)

Actual Tip-to-Tail Length (straight tape pull): Seriously?! See above

Stated Dimensions (mm): 116-99-116

Stated Weight Per Ski: Heavier than you would think

Stated Sidecut Radius: 9.7 meters (what!?)

Core Construction: Bamboo and more bamboo, see stated weight

Boots / Bindings: Lange RX 130 / Tyrolia Attack2 13 Demos (for maximum hold my beer shenanigans)

Mount Location: No fucking idea, Fasa did it for me

Test Location: Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe, evidently "Where the Snow is"

Days Skied: 2

Beverages: Day 1: Three (okay, maybe four) Revision IPAs Day 2: Two White Claw Ruby Grapefruit tallboys (what? I was dehydrated)

Well let’s just go ahead and open with a strong statement: there were moments (see what I did there?) of abject terror when I let these things run...

At 99cm long, the Frankenblades make you look like you're wearing clown shoes. But since you're the best skier on the mountain no one will really mess with you. In fact, small children skated away crying when they saw me--of course that may not have been the skis.
    First run showed the blades to be very hookie, but after a trip back to the truck for an aggressive detune of the tips and tails (and another beer) I was able to actually turn these things without scaring myself shitless. Groomer performance was as expected for the 9.7m radius, stay centered and you can carve like you're on ice skates. Where the Frankenblades really shine though is soft moguls... fourth left turn in using my usual bash and slash bump skiing style I planted the tip of my right ski and slammed full out onto my chest. Hmm, maybe I just need to go faster?! Six turns later I planted the left tip and hit the ground harder than I have in a decade--full on head plant, googles pushed down packed with snow, ice cream cone headache. After getting up and farmer's blowing the snow out of my left nostril, I decided the poles were the problem. After heading back to truck to drop the poles (and another beverage) I wisely decided to find the Frankenblade's upper speed limit... Cresting about 50mph at the usual choke point runout I was questioning my life choices. On a more positive note I enjoyed the obscene gesture from the MILF I blew past at Mach Schnell (love ya Mrs. tight white pants, stay golden).

As an aside...
    Here's the only negative review from Moment's site courtesy of Russell C. (with which I concur)
    "So, have to be honest that not having the bases say Party Bullshit is a major letdown.

Other than that, they’re dope."

In summary, get yourself a pair if your life has become too complacent and you need an adrenaline rush that only the Frankenblade's 99cm of insanity can provide--remember, you can only be the best skier on the mountain if you're the best skier on the fucking mountain.
    Feel free to PM if you're in Tahoe and want to try them... that's what the demo binders are for after all.
    Just fucking phenomenal!! This review really really makes me want to ski with SC69 more so even then it makes me want a pair of Frankenblades, which once again, have totally been justified. Good stuff!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    BAAAA NANA, since we’re voting, because they’re one of the funnest skis I’ve ever been on and who knows how long before they’re back on hiatus?? FWIW (and full disclosure, I haven’t been on C&D’s but have owned and thoroughly enjoyed a pair of Goats) I think the Bananas would be MUCH MUCH more versatile than C&Ds and more fun than the Goats. I think DWT’s would be a ball to BC on though so I guess you could chalk it up to which skis will get used more in the short term but just in terms of pure fun, BAAAA NANAS
    Seconding the bananas, as I do every time they come up. If snow conditions are at all soft, I’m on the bananas and I’m having a blast. They’re the only ski in my quiver that I will never ever sell.