Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1643
  1. #1501
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    389
    Iíd personally go Deathwish in case some unexpected snow hits. That said I imagine the PB&J is the right choice if a storm doesnít hit.

  2. #1502
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Mid-tomahawk
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...
    Ms HAB has the 162s and loves them. She's 5'3", 125lb, and a high intermediate skier. The 152 sounds reasonable for someone your wife's size.

  3. #1503
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    151
    One ski quiver: Deathwish. The triple camber seems like a gimmick but I think it really works. They carve better than they should for a ski that is 112mm underfoot, and they pivot in trees/tight spots much better than other skis that carve as well. Lean forward and engage the micro camber: lay trenches. Stay centered and ride the flat spot underfoot: pivot your way through tight spots. The pb&j is a great ski but imo is serious lacking in powder performance for how rockered/wide they are. For how much tip dive they have in powder, you'd think they would be better on groomers. You can rail a turn if you have good snow and stand just right, but on true hardpack they leave a lot to be desired. I feel like they compromise both powder performance and groomer performance. They excel in soft chop, shallow powder, spring schmoo, and big airs with sketchy runnouts. While the deathwish strikes an unnatural balance between crazy edgehold and surfy looseness, the pb&j strikes a balance between playful/jibby and charginess. They make you want to air everything and jib around while also wanting to chew up vert and straightline chop. Good skis, but for CO/UT I'd go deathwish all day.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    What is better for a one ski quiver for CO/UT/NM? Deathwish or PB&J? Is the Deathwish "harder" to ski than the PB&J? I would assume the Deathwish would be better in trees, powder, and crud while the PB&J would be better for groomers. Is that correct?

  4. #1504
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...
    Oh hell pulled the trigger, why not?? The Bella's make our Moment purchases a perfect Bakers Dozen.

  5. #1505
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Oh hell pulled the trigger, why not?? The Bella's make our Moment purchases a perfect Bakers Dozen.
    Be sure to share your (her) experience!

  6. #1506
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12
    If you buy from the factory and don't mount your own bindings, who would you have mount them? Would you go to a local Moment dealer who is already sold out of the skis you want or just trust any ol' local shop?

  7. #1507
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Meiss Meadows
    Posts
    1,343
    I am loving my WCT116ís.
    I canít wait till we get some fresh snow again in the Sierra.

    They have better grip than my old hard snow skis. They feel totally natural, doing everything I have asked of them. They ride flat better than any ski I can recall. Just point em, flare as desired, and fly.
    Thank you for pointing me this direction.

  8. #1508
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Iíd personally go Deathwish in case some unexpected snow hits. That said I imagine the PB&J is the right choice if a storm doesnít hit.
    I packed the pb&j... The bag weighed 10lbs under the limit. Could have brought both


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  9. #1509
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3

    Thanks

    Thanks for everyone taking the time to give some advise. Sounds like a Deathwish is what I need. Go for the 190's at 5' 10"?

  10. #1510
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    If you buy from the factory and don't mount your own bindings, who would you have mount them? Would you go to a local Moment dealer who is already sold out of the skis you want or just trust any ol' local shop?
    I have never met a shop that won't mount bindings. Nothing special about mounting Moment skis, suggested mount point is clearly marked. BTW, I have never mounted except suggested and have no regrets.

  11. #1511
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy by the front
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Be sure to share your (her) experience!
    Will do.

  12. #1512
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    Thanks for everyone taking the time to give some advise. Sounds like a Deathwish is what I need. Go for the 190's at 5' 10"?
    Yes and you will be happy.

  13. #1513
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    801
    RESPECT YOUR ELDERS

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  14. #1514
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,987
    Visited the Moment factory in Sparks for the first time to demo some Commander 108s (me likey...but I think they'd ski better if they were a touch heavier). Great little shop, with boot fitters too. Free demos. Highly recommended.





    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

    FS: 178 ZeroG 95s with Fritschi Vipec blacks https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...hi-Vipec-black

    FS: Scarpa Maestrale RS 2 https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...RS-2-0-size-29

    FS: Intuition wrap liners https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ion-wrap-liner

  15. #1515
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,270
    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    RESPECT YOUR ELDERS
    Not sure I could go back to skiing those every day but that brings back some good memories. Those things liked to go fast and straight.

  16. #1516
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    801
    Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    fast and straight.
    FAST AND STRAIGHT. You can try to fight them, but they always win. Embrace the freight train.

  17. #1517
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,271
    If anyone is worried about the Deathwish on groomers/firm days, they will literally lay long trenches from medium, long to super long radius turns. The extra stiffness (especially in the tail) allow you to really rail and hold on. The skis are so damn fun (just mounted a new pair) that's incredibly difficult for me to use anything else these days regardless of the conditions. Info: mounted +2 with Salomon 916.

  18. #1518
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    415
    Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?

  19. #1519
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Evergreen Co
    Posts
    325
    I am 6í3Ē 160lbs and the Wildcat 118 in a 190cm wasnít as much ski as I wanted for soft conditions. I would guess that 190cm in the 108 would be good for harder conditions... but they do ski short. Iíve only skied the tour core 108 and they felt a little short.

    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?

  20. #1520
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Vinyl Valley
    Posts
    1,134
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?

    I currently have 193 MVP with a 3+ flex that's a perfect flex for me, feels playful but I wish had more a little more "pop". 6' 2" 175lbs old-timer. Mounted -1 from the dot with fks. Agree with everything you wrote about the MVP. It feels loose enough in the trees to skid around but sometimes feels a bit too long there. Great everywhere else, open spaces can get some speed.

    Also have a 12/13 190 Bibby Pro that handles the deep snow, tight trees length issue from the MVP. To me, the Bibby has the same confident cruising, no deflection in chopped snow feeling the MVP has, but in a wider and slightly shorter ski.

    Both are great, but I'm glad I brought the Bibby on my last trip on the powder highway. Red Mountain

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8EDDA7C2-5B12-4839-AF13-A5493A204DB6_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	813.0 KB 
ID:	317277

  21. #1521
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?
    I've got access to Wildcat 118 190cm, and Wildcat 108 184cm demos in Boise if you're interested in trying them. No Wildcat 108 190s though unfortunately., although I might buy a pair soon.

  22. #1522
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    415
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I've got access to Wildcat 118 190cm, and Wildcat 108 184cm demos in Boise if you're interested in trying them. No Wildcat 108 190s though unfortunately., although I might buy a pair soon.
    How'd you know I'm in Boise??
    Thanks for the replies. A thought I had was that if I'm looking for a non-deep day playful ski, a shorter ski might be fun and even more playful, so maybe "short" wouldn't be bad in this case

  23. #1523
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    How'd you know I'm in Boise??
    Thanks for the replies. A thought I had was that if I'm looking for a non-deep day playful ski, a shorter ski might be fun and even more playful, so maybe "short" wouldn't be bad in this case
    The handle brundo caught my attention since I mostly ski Brundage. I'm assuming you referenced being in Boise at some point in a past thread and I remembered that since there aren't all that many ID mags.

    Regardless, the offer stands if you wanna try Wildcat 116 in 184cm or 190cm, or Wildcat 108 in 184cm. I'll be sure to have Wildcat 108 190cm demos next season too.

  24. #1524
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    12
    Love my WC 118 190s so much I was about to pull the trigger on the WC 108 190s, but these recent Deathwish posts are making me reconsider.

    For those who have skied both, does the deathwish ski longer than the WC?

  25. #1525
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Love my WC 118 190s so much I was about to pull the trigger on the WC 108 190s, but these recent Deathwish posts are making me reconsider.

    For those who have skied both, does the deathwish ski longer than the WC?
    I wouldn't say the DW skis "longer" just felt a little more damp and had a slightly higher speeds limit on the run outs. Both are super easy to turn, either on edge or flat. I was in a similar sitch w/ 190 Bibbys in the quiver and decided on the WC108 190. Like conventional wisdom suggests, if I had to buy one ski for Tahoe it would be the DW. Not sure that helps you any but my $.02...

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •