Page 144 of 241 FirstFirst ... 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev3rgreen View Post
    If you change your mind and decide you want a Wildcat (190), I'm going to sell mine and stick with the WCT. For anyone interested it's the current year model that is brand new and yet to be mounted, skied, or really anything but gawked at.
    I appreciate the offer! I actually have the full wildcat and wildcat 108 actually and love them! I'm just looking to try that triple camber magic I hear about now. Plus I'm a shorty and need 178-184.

I've been looking for an in bounds resort powder ski and was considering the Wildcat, the Deathwish and the Rustler 11. After taking to the guys at moment, I ordered a 174 Wildcat (116). Now I'm second guessing whether it is too short (and whether he suggested it since it was what they had in stock). I'm 5'8", 155lbs. It needs to be good in powder, but also handle the chop and crud at the end of the day. I also ski a lot of trees and bumps, so it has to be pretty quick in tight spaces. I really don't do any jumps or ski switch or do tricks or anything of the sort. So, what say ye, return them and get a 179 or 184 when they are available, or maybe even get a different model ski?

Quote Originally Posted by LAAL22 View Post
    I'm 5'8", 155lbs.
    hm, I've never skied the full Wildcat - only the 108 - but I would personally not go anything shorter than the 184 at roughly the same weight/height as you, though a shorter ski could improve the agility you require in tight spaces.

That being said, a 174 seems short though and would give up a fair bit of stability/chargability at speed. Their relatively progressive mount point is also going to mean that you do not have a ton of tip in front of you (for float or to push against if you are more of a traditional skier).

I would be surprised if Moment based their advice on their stock though - they are very knowledgable and their advice on here and NS is usually on point - so if you are feeling that they are on the short side then perhaps your priorities were slightly misunderstood (?).

Well, amazingly I just checked back at the Moment website and a single pair of 179 Wildcats were available, so I snagged them. Hopefully this will be a good compromise between charging down the mountain on a 184 and being quick in the trees and bumps with a 174. (Or maybe it'll just suck at both )

Well, amazingly I just checked back at the Moment website and a single pair of 179 Wildcats were available, so I snagged them. Hopefully this will be a good compromise between charging down the mountain on a 184 and being quick in the trees and bumps with a 174. (Or maybe it'll just suck at both )
    Don’t know your level but I am 5’9 165lbs early advanced skier and have the 184cm. They are a lot of work in bumps but a blast in open bowl. They are stiff and I don’t think that going shorter would have make them easier.

I've been looking for an in bounds resort powder ski and was considering the Wildcat, the Deathwish and the Rustler 11. After taking to the guys at moment, I ordered a 174 Wildcat (116). Now I'm second guessing whether it is too short (and whether he suggested it since it was what they had in stock). I'm 5'8", 155lbs. It needs to be good in powder, but also handle the chop and crud at the end of the day. I also ski a lot of trees and bumps, so it has to be pretty quick in tight spaces. I really don't do any jumps or ski switch or do tricks or anything of the sort. So, what say ye, return them and get a 179 or 184 when they are available, or maybe even get a different model ski?
    I am 5'8" 145lbs 46years and I own Wildcat 108, Wildcat and Deathwhish all 174cm. Wildacts I like the length Dishwhish I wish I had a longer length. Terrian I ski doesn't really let you open it up, but when it does Wildcats in 174cm works for me not my Deathwhish's.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewy30 View Post
    Rode my new 193cm CB (mounted -1 w/Castified pivots) from everything in between a few days/1 week after a storm to a 62 cm blower resort day.

My daily driver was a pair of 195 cm red/white hojis. Bought a pair of red/blacks for the weight intended to improve skiing through chopped up powder, but it just felt like more work for similar performance. I now confirmed it is definitely due to rocker profile.

Absolutely love this ski. I had no noticeable issues with float in untouched powder skiing while skiing centered. I was cautious given the experiences with float from others, but I was just fine. The combination of the longer effective edge and the weight of these skis while still maintaining the pivot ability of rocked skis made me confident in skiing fast through untouched powder, chop, crud, even groomers. This is easily the fastest I have ever skied in a powder storm day, and had a much easier time railing some GS carved turns on these skis than other fully rocketed skis, about equal to my ravens I use for touring. Perhaps this masked issues people were having with float, as I felt I could go super fast in these in any condition.

The only area they felt somewhat cumbersome was in tight, scraped off moguls in trees, a lot of ski to weave through tiny bumps, as they felt harsh at times, although some further detuning helped a lot.

In conclusion:

Best in resort powder conditions

Worst in tight, scraped moguls or run outs

Good in far more conditions than I assumed.

Makes me really want to try more of their skis for lower tide conditions, eyeing the commander 108s locally.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The C108s would be a great low tide ski on a big mountain--edge hold for days and can blast through whatever refrozen shit you'll find with aplomb. I skied them both last year and for my local (Mt Rose w/ lots of days of firm variable due to wind) the C98s were a better choice. If I spent more time at Squaw my choice would have been different (or I would have bought both).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I just picked up a pair of C108s. Haven’t mounted them yet, but they seem perfectly designed for Mammoth and all that entails the eastern Sierra…too bad I live in WA. I guess it makes sense coming from Reno!

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    I just picked up a pair of C108s. Haven’t mounted them yet, but they seem perfectly designed for Mammoth and all that entails the eastern Sierra…too bad I live in WA. I guess it makes sense coming from Reno!
    LMK how it goes and if you don't like them and they're 190s I'll buy 'em.

cazdog and one or two others posted their impressions on the Commander Tour --- anybody have more time on them?

I have a few days on my DWT, but I think I'll like the 188 C Tour in that slot even better. I tour on Protests (128 underfoot) if I'm skiing pow. So if its variable, a big day, corn, firm, or unknown, I think I'll get along with the flat-tailed, damp, more regular camber profile better. (I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't prefer the DW triple camber.) Too bad I bought the DWT a week before the Commander Tour came out!
    sproing!

OGV3 Deathwish available now on the Moment Website. Strictly a throwback graphic, the actual ski construction is the same as the current Deathwish.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Deathwish_Throwback_2021_3pack_2000x.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	204.9 KB 
ID:	401072

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    cazdog and one or two others posted their impressions on the Commander Tour --- anybody have more time on them?

I have a few days on my DWT, but I think I'll like the 188 C Tour in that slot even better. I tour on Protests (128 underfoot) if I'm skiing pow. So if its variable, a big day, corn, firm, or unknown, I think I'll get along with the flat-tailed, damp, more regular camber profile better. (I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't prefer the DW triple camber.) Too bad I bought the DWT a week before the Commander Tour came out!
    Yeah I'm looking for more thoughts on them. To me they are sufficiently different from the dwt to warrant a 188 ct and a 184 dwt. I like to think of the dwt as a soft snow variable conditions ski that is fun at slow speeds, while I'm still looking for a damp more capable touring option for harder snow and more committing skiing. CT look like it, but I wish they were 1750 gnot 1950g.

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Yeah I'm looking for more thoughts on them. To me they are sufficiently different from the dwt to warrant a 188 ct and a 184 dwt. I like to think of the dwt as a soft snow variable conditions ski that is fun at slow speeds, while I'm still looking for a damp more capable touring option for harder snow and more committing skiing. CT look like it, but I wish they were 1750 gnot 1950g.
    Maybe it’s just my preference but if you’re on the 184 DWT I’d be looking at the 182 CT. It’s got about 7cm more effective edge and a -10 mount point, I’d feel the 188 would be a heck of a lot of ski to have in tight spots so unless it’s strictly for wide open skiing the 182 would be more versatile, and closer to that 1750g you’re looking for.

What were you not especially stoked on regarding the DWT? I also tour on the Protest for pow days but was looking for something that it a little more versatile on days where it’ll be a little bit of a question mark with the potential for pow stashes here and there. I have the Raven too but on super firm it leaves a bit to be desired so was thinking the DWT would be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Maybe it’s just my preference but if you’re on the 184 DWT I’d be looking at the 182 CT. It’s got about 7cm more effective edge and a -10 mount point, I’d feel the 188 would be a heck of a lot of ski to have in tight spots so unless it’s strictly for wide open skiing the 182 would be more versatile, and closer to that 1750g you’re looking for.
    All true, the dwt is my shortest ski (other than super short and skinny touring skis), i usually ski 190s IB and around 185 touring. Wanted something slow and wiggly to ski soft snow and trees with the gf. 184 dwt has proven to be not that limiting in general compared to the ~190 moments.

Im sure the 182 CT is plenty stable but I imagine i would enjoy the 188 CT more. Maybe Just need to demo...

Ah ok, well that all makes sense in that case. I’m hoping I can demo them this season, although I wish they had some demos mounted with tech binders to take them for a tour.

Ah ok, well that all makes sense in that case. I’m hoping I can demo them this season, although I wish they had some demos mounted with tech binders to take them for a tour.
    I have some Daymakers you can use if you want to try them once they actually get the demo fleet up and going. (I'm in S Reno off Mt Rose Hwy)

What were you not especially stoked on regarding the DWT? I also tour on the Protest for pow days but was looking for something that it a little more versatile on days where it’ll be a little bit of a question mark with the potential for pow stashes here and there. I have the Raven too but on super firm it leaves a bit to be desired so was thinking the DWT would be the ticket.
    I think it's purely the triple camber.

ETA: dont get me wrong, the DWT is a great ski! I just think I personally would enjoy the DWT a bit more. Also looking to reduce my touring quiver from 3 (128, 112, 95) to 2 (128, 104).

(I've had the Raven too, and thought it was about 20mm too skinny for its shape. Oh wait. That's a Renegade!)
    Last edited by meter-man; 01-14-2022 at 04:30 PM.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    I'd get a Zero G 105 if you want a Commander Tour without metal. Pretty similar, and about 1650 grams (for a 188). I like that shape, and that would ski fine in the soft, but the C Tour with metal should handle variable and firm better. That has me interested. It's 300 grams difference of course. But back in the day, I'd ski Shasta with Cochise and Dukes (3600grams per ski!), so 2300 grams for C Tour with Voyager should be no problem!

If I were to have a Moment-only touring quiver - C Tour and Wildcat Tour would cover me great. I had a pair of Bibby Tours (now Wildcat Tours, basically) back in the day. Great ski - supremely versatile. But I ski Protests in pow, and they are a cold dead hands touring ski though. Wildcat Tour is more versatile for sure. Anyway...
    sproing!

They are glorious... Finally got the SLAYER sidewall! So pumped on these. Now time for some RAW P15s.

Name:  DW.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  58.6 KB
    Name:  DW2.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  96.5 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sweet jeebus KJT!

Quote Originally Posted by Moment Skis in the description of this limited release ski
    This is an extremely limited release of one of our most iconic graphics, one that we will not remake again.
    A question for Moment guys that I have been meaning to ask for a little while: why?

I just do not get it.

If you have historic graphics that your (often long time) fans / customers love and continue to crave as the skis evolve, why not continue to do these small runs every once in a while? Like, it is not like Led Z trying to be Led Z without Bonham here, but a way to offer the updated skis with OG graphics - merging the best of the old and the new.

These runs really makes a lot of sense to me, and should also arguably (significantly) build on brand recognition / strength by highlighting were you are coming from. Surely the extra amount of effort that would go in to organizing such runs can't be staggering.

So what am I not understanding here?
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 01-14-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Below find some DW 112 footage from Telluride over New Years and last weekend at Palisades Tahoe International, Olympic Valley. I don't get the DW not being good on firm snow...I feel like I could run a Super G course on them. However, I'm a big guy running race stock Salomon clamps and 140 flex boots so that may play a role as well.

I think it's purely the triple camber.

(I've had the Raven too, and thought it was about 20mm too skinny for its shape. Oh wait. That's a Renegade!)
    Got ya, I ski the standard DW inbounds and I honestly can’t really tell if the triple camber does much and it hasn’t had a negative impact . Would be a fun experiment to do a blind test of a DW with and without the triple camber.

I like the Raven but wanted a little more grip on firm as well as better pow performance which I think the DWT will give me. Plus the DWTs are a little lighter and from talking to folks offer a similar amount of dampness.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    They are glorious... Finally got the SLAYER sidewall! So pumped on these. Now time for some RAW P15s.

Name:  DW.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  58.6 KB
    Name:  DW2.jpg
Views: 959
Size:  96.5 KB

I got mine in as well, been craving this top sheet for years since I found Moment through a buddy.
    Stoked on everything about this ski from top sheet, base, sidewall. Stoke is through the roof.
    Looks like they got some extras on the site. After another friend saw mine he ordered some as well! Going to be a party

Anyone looking to move some regular layup 184 DW or 184 Wildcat 108s?

I could be persuaded to trade some 2018 Bibby Tour 190s for the right set