Page 54 of 241 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 6010
    Anyone in Denver/Summit area interested in trading their 184 Wildcat 108's for a 190? Skied a handful of times, mounted with @305 bsl with a Warden 13. I love the stability of the 190 but skied the 184 this week and liked it more in tight spaces. If the snow is that choppy good chance I'll be on my Jeffreys.

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Anyone in Denver/Summit area interested in trading their 184 Wildcat 108's for a 190? Skied a handful of times, mounted with @305 bsl with a Warden 13. I love the stability of the 190 but skied the 184 this week and liked it more in tight spaces. If the snow is that choppy good chance I'll be on my Jeffreys.
    regular layup our tour? I have a set of 184 wildcat tour 108s that i would swap for similar 190s

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    @melee any updates on the ghost train? I'm really wanting to hop on a pair for this season and heard about a fried computer?
    Ghost Train? Yea, we are doing a limited release. Available for preorder now. Expecting these to sell out quick. A lot of folks wont stop asking about them. Annoy us enough and we will make anything!

https://www.momentskis.com/products/ghost-train

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Ghost Train? Yea, we are doing a limited release. Available for preorder now. Expecting these to sell out quick. A lot of folks wont stop asking about them. Annoy us enough and we will make anything!

Those things look crazy. Probably a great ski if you live in northern Japan and get to ski deep pow every day.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but any general comparisons between the Ghost Train and CB? Mainly just generally the on snow feel, which one has a more playful/surfy feel, which is more chargy and stout, etc.?

Talking Finally!!!

Just ordered the 186! Been waiting for this release... So Stoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Sorry if this has been discussed before but any general comparisons between the Ghost Train and CB? Mainly just generally the on snow feel, which one has a more playful/surfy feel, which is more chargy and stout, etc.?
    Also curious

Quote Originally Posted by mc_roon View Post
    regular layup our tour? I have a set of 184 wildcat tour 108s that i would swap for similar 190s
    Regular layup

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I own Bananas, and have ridden a single lap on the Ghost Trains.

The Bananas are pretty subtly rockered, which is not at all the case with the Ghost Trains; the rocker lines are deep, and the tips and tails are HIGH. The Ghosts are quite a bit lighter, and considerably softer in the tips and tails. Definitely quicker and more playful, and better floatation, but not the monster truck that the Chipotle Bananas are. The Bananas are ridiculously stable, and surprisingly playful, where the Ghosts are ridiculously playful and surprisingly stable.

I really want to pick up a pair of Ghost Trains but it’s getting hard to justify yet another pair of 115mm+ skis in the quiver.

Can you describe the flex pattern for these? Compared to, say, the WC 108 for example. Significantly softer all around or similar to the Wildcat i.e. still pretty stiff underfoot and progressive?

Annoy us enough and we will make anything!
    Please. Dont give me any ideas... (M1s cough cough)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post

The Bananas are pretty subtly rockered, which is not at all the case with the Ghost Trains; the rocker lines are deep, and the tips and tails are HIGH. The Ghosts are quite a bit lighter, and considerably softer in the tips and tails. Definitely quicker and more playful, and better floatation, but not the monster truck that the Chipotle Bananas are. The Bananas are ridiculously stable, and surprisingly playful, where the Ghosts are ridiculously playful and surprisingly stable.

I really want to pick up a pair of Ghost Trains but it’s getting hard to justify yet another pair of 115mm+ skis in the quiver.
    Ill also add that if you look at the tip/tail dimensions and their ratio to eachother, the Ghost Trains have wider tails than the Bananas. I had the Ghost Train 194s for a bit, and felt the wider tails pushing me back to center a bit more, asking for more of a centered stance than being able to drive the tips (like the Bibbys).

Any experience on Renegades vs CBs?

I wonder how much of that is translated with the updated materials. Also, regarding weight - they’re saying around 10lbs which is heavier than the Blister Review weight and the factory weight of the CB. Hopefully they’re overestimating, was thinking this would be a solid touring option if closer to 2000g range.

Mine is definitely going to see touring duty. I think this ski will make the low angle loving a lot of fun. It will be interesting to see where they come out weight-wise.

Original 186 Bibby please

If ski companies didn't make new skis every year I wouldn't have to get new skis every year.

www.levelninesports.com
    http://skiingyeti.blogspot.com/

I wonder how much of that is translated with the updated materials. Also, regarding weight - they’re saying around 10lbs which is heavier than the Blister Review weight and the factory weight of the CB. Hopefully they’re overestimating, was thinking this would be a solid touring option if closer to 2000g range.
    Hmmm, maybe they aren’t lighter than the Bananas after all. That was just my one run impression of the Ghost Trains.

Can't wait to ski these

Attachment 312169

Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Regular layup

going to stick with the tours, have a set of regular 190s for inbounds. Good luck finding a trade!

Any of you taken the wildcat tour layups for laps inbounds?

I did some laps on my 108 tours and they RIP. SO MUCH FUN. Idk if I like them better than my Bibbys yet or not, not quite as chargy, but damn were they playful. I'm very excited to take them back out. 10/10 would ride again.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Can't wait to ski these

Attachment 312169
    Enjoy, love mine so far...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    Enjoy, love mine so far...

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post

I did some laps on my 108 tours and they RIP. SO MUCH FUN. Idk if I like them better than my Bibbys yet or not, not quite as chargy, but damn were they playful. I'm very excited to take them back out. 10/10 would ride again.
    Yea on mtns amazing on anything soft soooo playful. Posted here a few pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post

Totally. I’ve got 184cm WC108 Tours with Tectons that I’m winding up using a surprising amount on lift serviced days. While I’m a fan of skis with a lot of top end, they’re fast becoming my go to ski when I’m not looking to charge, or have tired legs or sore knees. I could totally see some skiers getting along with these as 100% lift served skis, they’re that good.

Hmmm, maybe they aren’t lighter than the Bananas after all. That was just my one run impression of the Ghost Trains.
    You might be right since Blister said the 2016s were around ~2070g per ski (186cm). But it sounded like the new model might be closer to 2250g which is close to a half lb per ski difference, so not insignificant.