Page 52 of 241 FirstFirst ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6015
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Nah, we are not going to sell you snake oil. We prefer fluorocarbon waxes and real skins
    How are you guys getting on with the heavy wildcat that you spoke of with blister!!?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AZskibum View Post
    I bought the new 184 wildcat, so thanks for all the recommendations. If they are almost or about as stable my K96/108s (181s) I'll be happy. But I do realize the K's have bamboo so they are heavy. I'm 155lbs and 5'9, so I always worry about going too long with my girly legs.

Looking forward to skiing some pow days on them in the next few months.

Would you guys recommend the factory mount point or -.5 or -1?
    Factory. I was at -1, but just moved up to factory. Only a mild difference, but I like it better.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

speaking of bases, my wildcats came with all these grooves on the base. See photo, note, there is wax on them, but the grooves are in the base. Is that normal? It makes a zzzzzz sounds on hardpack and groomers, not sure if it is slowing me down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200115_154745.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	722.6 KB 
ID:	310943

How about a scraped, brushed and polished photo?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

I think I figured it out...from https://www.tognar.com/how-to-struct...nowboard-base/

The structure imparted at most ski factories tends to be a medium-to-coarse pattern. While this may be appropriate for wet snows commonly encountered in the Sierras and Cascades of the far west, it sometimes proves too aggressive for colder Wasatch and Rocky Mountain snowpacks…where drier, smaller and sharper snow crystals can lodge within the recesses of these coarser structures. This can create greater drag and turning resistance...neither of which you’ll want on...especially on a race course.

All ski bases have structure. If they didn't, they'd never slide as well as they do.

Take a wet paper towel and slap it on your counter. Does it slide? Nope. Now place it over a couple pencils. And that's why skis have a base structure.

aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

thanks, I guess this is the first ski I have had with coarse structure...or have not been paying attention.

Hmmm I ski super light pow in northern Colorado - does this mean I should get my incoming WCs ground immediately to impart different structure? Or just wax them more often to cover the structure?

PSA: decent-looking 187cm Meridian 117s for sale in Seattle for $200 (not my listing). Inserts for Pivots and Rad 2.0 for size 28.5-29.5 boots. Could be a nice deal for someone with big feet.

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/s...056338648.html
    Last edited by Toddball; 01-16-2020 at 03:42 PM. Reason: forgot the link

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Hmmm I ski super light pow in northern Colorado - does this mean I should get my incoming WCs ground immediately to impart different structure? Or just wax them more often to cover the structure?
    There are always more optimal structures depending on the day. This is why racers have so many different skis...

The structure we ship them with is more than adequate.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    There are always more optimal structures depending on the day. This is why racers have so many different skis...

The structure we ship them with is more than adequate.
    Awesome thanks!

Regardless, it's never a bad idea to wax (and detune) a new pair of skis to your liking. It certainly can't hurt, especially if they've been sitting in a wrapper for however many months.

What say the Moment experts on detuning tips and tails?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Regardless, it's never a bad idea to wax (and detune) a new pair of skis to your liking. It certainly can't hurt, especially if they've been sitting in a wrapper for however many months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
    Felt hooky out if the plastic so Max at the factory detuned to the contact point both tip and tail... Haven't skied them since though.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It's personal preference - there's no other answer. This is in no way knocking Moment or any other brand... most come out pretty sharp because it's easier to just gummy the rocker zones than to re-sharpen them. If you tune and wax your own skis consistently you start to get a feel for it to some degree. And after several days that's going to happen anyway so why not just do it from the start?

It's personal preference - there's no other answer. This is in no way knocking Moment or any other brand... most come out pretty sharp because it's easier to just gummy the rocker zones than to re-sharpen them. If you tune and wax your own skis consistently you start to get a feel for it to some degree. And after several days that's going to happen anyway so why not just do it from the start?

agree. most people ski better with slightly dulled edges, they just dont know it. sharp edges is usually an ego thing unless youre on the ice coast, a comp skier, or ski a lot of ice exposed stuff.

Right. I've detuned the tips and tails of most of my quiver, but was uncertain of the benefit on something with the degree of rocker in the DW.

First time poster here, looking at more info on the wildcats.

I am 5'5" 155 lbs advanced skier and ski mostly in Canadian rockies. Looking at getting either the wildcat 108 or tour version of them for 70/30(touring/inbounds) skiing. I have skied the PB&J before in a 172 cm which was great. Would the 174cm work for me?

Also I am assuming that the difference between the tour and nontour version is just the weight and dampness or does the flex pattern change as well?

Thanks for the help!

Right. I've detuned the tips and tails of most of my quiver, but was uncertain of the benefit on something with the degree of rocker in the DW.
    I aggressively round my edges with a file to the widest points of the tip/tails, then aggressively gummy stone the next few inches inwards, And lightly gummy to the rocker contact points. Seems to work real good like for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    First time poster here, looking at more info on the wildcats.

I am 5'5" 155 lbs advanced skier and ski mostly in Canadian rockies. Looking at getting either the wildcat 108 or tour version of them for 70/30(touring/inbounds) skiing. I have skied the PB&J before in a 172 cm which was great. Would the 174cm work for me?

Also I am assuming that the difference between the tour and nontour version is just the weight and dampness or does the flex pattern change as well?

Thanks for the help!
    174 WC 108 is practically the same ski as the 172 PBJ.

I’d vote non tour just because it’s already light and will be way more damp.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    174 WC 108 is practically the same ski as the 172 PBJ.

I’d vote non tour just because it’s already light and will be way more damp.
    I will be mounting the shifts on this one would 100 mm brake fit?
    i have heard that if your brakes are a bit wide it does interfere with the snow and engage while touring?

Any Canadians that have any experience in ordering from the moment site?
    I know their default shipping method is Fedex, but as canadians we know how terrible fedex is for brokerage,duties and taxes. Did any of you get charged post purchase during delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by gluvva View Post
    I will be mounting the shifts on this one would 100 mm fit brake fit?
    i have heard that if your brakes are a bit wide it does interfere with the snow and engage while touring?
    Shift brakes run wide. I'd get 100s for a 108 ski.

Agree w above. Have 100mm on WC 108 and it fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Agree w above. Have 100mm on WC 108 and it fits perfectly.
    Awesome Thanks guys!