Page 122 of 241 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 6010
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorhouse View Post
    What's the progression of the story on the WC graphic?

Spaceman got the diamond form the nipple lady, put it in the case and is headed back to the ship?

Edit - Did our part early last week to clear out ski burger with a pair of WC's and Carson's for the kid. Failed to get anything for the wife, and her birthday is in 2 weeks... Facepalm.

Thinking about a pair of Bellas for her. Would replace a 9 year old pair of Pandora's. She's a great powder skier but not a charger.
    The Bella a good fit for her?
    My wife is tiny and not a charger per se, she skis fast and loves her 152's Bella's as an all mountain ski. On a strictly groomer / hard snow conditions she will use her Sierra's.

Our 12 yo granddaughter has 162 Bella's. She is a ripper, 5'4", 115 lbs, accomplished racer, loves them. On groomers she ski's the Bella's like they are a GS race ski, big sweeping GS turns with the skis laid way over. She likes them in all conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I get the complaints with the old Exit World graphic....but a NIPPLE on a statue? It's female anatomy, it gets cold in caves.

Also, I wouldn't recommend traveling to Europe.

Attachment 381095
    Ha. Exactly what I was thinking! Plus, had to "zoom" in on it.
    Luckily, they make these things called 'stickers'
    Can't believe that would deter a sale

I didn’t realize the WC had a nipple on it….now I feel like changing my order from a DW to WC….

Quote Originally Posted by rbciii View Post
    Damn, just bought a pair of these yesterday and never noticed that. Now I have to hope my wife doesn't either.
    I mounted these and skied them 30+ days last season and never noticed the nipple until this thread. The texturing of the ski makes it really hard to notice in person. I get being against the old exit worlds or Pillow fights, but this one is just looking for something to complain about. If you find that nipple offensive you've gone full circle away from feminism.

There will be a very strict beer tax added to your order.
    What's the shop favorite?

for future reference

Hmm. I’m going to have to go look at my WC’s.
    Hidden features! Cool.

WTT 19/20 Wildcat 108 for nipple version

I have two pairs of Moments that apparently have nipples on them...no one, girlfriend included, has ever said anything other than that they like the graphic.

Anyways, for New England mags, is anyone skiing the Commander 98 there? Is it the right choice for conditions there or do I need to look at something narrower? Never skied in the Northeast and am told Wildcat 108s won't be very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    I have two pairs of Moments that apparently have nipples on them...no one, girlfriend included, has ever said anything other than that they like the graphic.

Anyways, for New England mags, is anyone skiing the Commander 98 there? Is it the right choice for conditions there or do I need to look at something narrower? Never skied in the Northeast and am told Wildcat 108s won't be very fun.
    Paging @iriponsnow...he tested them there.

http://exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=596

I can’t comment on the commander but I ski a 96 as a DD here in New England.
    I think you would be fine

I ski the C98...it did everything I needed it to all last winter..PA/NY/VT.

Only kryptonite would be coral reef/glacier ice.....but that sucks no matter what ur on....

Get it....u won’t regret it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Paging @iriponsnow...he tested them there.

http://exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=596
    Yes! I have skied em here for the last few seasons. I would say that unless you are looking to run gates, they are a perfect EC ski. However!!!! Binding selection is critical. I found the lower to the ground ATTACK2 was under powering and resulted in a meh ride. Once I swapped out a lil taller STH2, it was a rocket. Check the stack heights on anything you are thinking of skiing & be closer to a STH2. I didn’t find that the STH2 gave up ground with the slash/pivot style, but allowed greater leverage when you needed it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1E72255B-5FD4-4C47-9D2F-1C4AC9860A68.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	150.5 KB 
ID:	381160

Stratton

Name:  BD02FC64-A243-4666-BCCB-6BAF8A1534C7.jpeg
Views: 875
Size:  238.2 KB

Killington

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EBBB8B31-6D37-45C1-86AB-1C77F4C5B162.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	381162

Bulletproof Tremblant

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    I found the lower to the ground ATTACK2 was under powering and resulted in a meh ride. Once I swapped out a lil taller STH2, it was a rocket. Check the stack heights on anything you are thinking of skiing & be closer to a STH2. I didn’t find that the STH2 gave up ground with the slash/pivot style, but allowed greater leverage when you needed it.
    To each their own, but I think you might be the first person I've heard of preferring a higher stack height. Pivots and Attacks FTW, partially because of low stack heights.

Maybe its the ramp angle that you actually prefer?

^Plenty of ppl love pivots/ATTACK2’s - I won’t yuck their yum. It’s just my N of 1 take on EC terra firma set ups. I tend to shim my Toes/Heels on the boot & clamp, so I’m thinking *for me* it’s the stack height. That said, each brand sells shims, so if you wanted- ya could have taller clamps, gas pedals or Oly lifter set ups.

FWIW, once I get to a >110 or softer skis, I wanna be right on the deck & tend to skip the Sali stuff.

YMMV!

Nipplegate (and for me incomprehensible considerations) notwithstanding, I must admit to still be somewhat buzzing from the Commander Tour release. That ski has me very, very excited. Somewhat sadly, that part of the quiver has already been updated for 2022, or if not I would be all over a pair. The mission would then be to see if I could find some lines and muster enough balls to be worthy of them! I guess there is always 2023 eh. But thanks for bringing such a killer ski to market Melee&crew!

If someone is preferring the “feel of the STH” on a ski, it probably due to the larger positive ramp of that binding not the stack height as it’s toe height is the same/very similar to the Pivot or Griffon at 18.5mm. The difference is the heel of a pivot is only 1mm higher at 19mm and a Griffon heel goes to 22mm(adjusted Griffon toe around 19mm) and the STH heel is at 24.5mm.

The 24.5mm STH heel height gives a ramp of 6mm vs only 1mm on a pivot, about 3mm on a Griffon and also 3mm on an Attack( it’s adjust toe around 14mm and heel at 17mm). The Warden has the same 24.5mm heel height but the toe is higher at 21.5mm giving it a similar ramp to some of the others or about 1/2 the ramp of the STH.

The issue with higher binding ramp is that it might put you OUT of balance when combined with the forward lean of the boot and the skiers balance point. Find a boot with the proper forward lean for your stance and balance point on flat ground and test again when you step into your bindings. You may find that certain bindings don’t effect your balance and some that do.

And also all the 2022 Moments look great!!
    Eagle eyed people like myself and AEV noticed the slight weight gain on the new Wildcats and I inquired about it. Apparently Moment added slightly thicker tip/tail spacers on them for a small bit of weight gain(45grams) which should give a hair more dampening.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    If someone is preferring the “feel of the STH” on a ski, it probably due to the larger positive ramp of that binding not the stack height as it’s toe height is the same/very similar to the Pivot or Griffon at 18.5mm. The difference is the heel of a pivot is only 1mm higher at 19mm and a Griffon heel goes to 22mm(adjusted Griffon toe around 19mm) and the STH heel is at 24.5mm.
    Yup, this is what I was referring to and thinking as well. Although iriponsnow still claims its stack height.. im not going to argue his personal preference..
    all I know is that binders with higher stack heights can ruin a pair of skis for me, I personally use Look Pivots and Attacks exclusively now because of CAST, durability, weight, and stack height.. I liked the way STH ride, but they always broke on me
    It makes sense that balance/stance can be messed up with a certain ramp angle and forward lean, but I never noticed worse or better balance between pivots, attacks, or sth

Everyone knows Moment skis have nipple tech where the colder it gets, the stiffer they ski.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Name:  045CD4A1-8F90-4E05-A277-220588A5F4CA.jpeg
Views: 884
Size:  508.4 KB

All preferences have an original; where you stand depends on where ya sit.

They make great boards, Mount as y’all please.

We are working on getting women's hoodies/t-shirts this year.

More softgoods for men and women coming late August.
    Awesome. Holidays made easy.

I skied wildcats over 30 days last year and never noticed the nipple lol

Thanks for the feedback on those Commander 98s all. Now to decide on a new vs used pair...the old 179 looks good for tighter stuff, but the new 182 seems like it could be better for firm days on in the west (where I live). Skiing the WC108 and WC in 184 and happy with those at 5'11 / 180lbs.

Thanks for the feedback on those Commander 98s all. Now to decide on a new vs used pair...the old 179 looks good for tighter stuff, but the new 182 seems like it could be better for firm days on in the west (where I live). Skiing the WC108 and WC in 184 and happy with those at 5'11 / 180lbs.
    They flattened the tail last season, so take that into consideration. I’ve got some 176’s from last season I’m thinking of selling if ya have any interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Relica View Post
    I mounted these and skied them 30+ days last season and never noticed the nipple until this thread. The texturing of the ski makes it really hard to notice in person. I get being against the old exit worlds or Pillow fights, but this one is just looking for something to complain about. If you find that nipple offensive you've gone full circle away from feminism.
    I don't plan to complain and I doubt my wife will either. I just never noticed it in the photos or when I had one in my hand (the ski, not a nipple). Should she get her nose out of joint a sticker will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Everyone knows Moment skis have nipple tech where the colder it gets, the stiffer they ski.
    Ah, you must be referring to Moment's patented Nipcore™ technology, their secret proprietary method in which the nips are added to the construction to increase the torsional stiffness of both your skis and also your girlfriend's upper lip.

I personally am trying to decide between the C108 and this new Deathwish 104. I have the '20 C108 which has been my favorite ski of all time and can't decide if I want more crush everything in my path yet still can slash feeling, or more slide, slash and play yet still can lay trenches at will feeling. I'll most likely go C108 but dang do those Deathwishes look tempting with everything I've heard about their big brother. Choices choices, guess I better make the extra trip(s) to Reno next winter to try them out for myself.