Page 61 of 241 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 6014
    Im heading to Big Sky and Bridger Bowl tomorrow. I’ll be there for the week. Forecast is looking like minimal new snow expected. Do I pack the Deathwish or PB&J?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’d personally go Deathwish in case some unexpected snow hits. That said I imagine the PB&J is the right choice if a storm doesn’t hit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...
    Ms HAB has the 162s and loves them. She's 5'3", 125lb, and a high intermediate skier. The 152 sounds reasonable for someone your wife's size.

One ski quiver: Deathwish. The triple camber seems like a gimmick but I think it really works. They carve better than they should for a ski that is 112mm underfoot, and they pivot in trees/tight spots much better than other skis that carve as well. Lean forward and engage the micro camber: lay trenches. Stay centered and ride the flat spot underfoot: pivot your way through tight spots. The pb&j is a great ski but imo is serious lacking in powder performance for how rockered/wide they are. For how much tip dive they have in powder, you'd think they would be better on groomers. You can rail a turn if you have good snow and stand just right, but on true hardpack they leave a lot to be desired. I feel like they compromise both powder performance and groomer performance. They excel in soft chop, shallow powder, spring schmoo, and big airs with sketchy runnouts. While the deathwish strikes an unnatural balance between crazy edgehold and surfy looseness, the pb&j strikes a balance between playful/jibby and charginess. They make you want to air everything and jib around while also wanting to chew up vert and straightline chop. Good skis, but for CO/UT I'd go deathwish all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    What is better for a one ski quiver for CO/UT/NM? Deathwish or PB&J? Is the Deathwish "harder" to ski than the PB&J? I would assume the Deathwish would be better in trees, powder, and crud while the PB&J would be better for groomers. Is that correct?

Anyone have a report on the Bella in 152CM? My wife is 4'10" - 94 lbs, seems like a perfect powder ski for her. She has the Sierrra for a dedicated groomer, soft snow, chop ski. Local rep does not have that size for demo...
    Oh hell pulled the trigger, why not?? The Bella's make our Moment purchases a perfect Bakers Dozen.

Oh hell pulled the trigger, why not?? The Bella's make our Moment purchases a perfect Bakers Dozen.
    Be sure to share your (her) experience!

If you buy from the factory and don't mount your own bindings, who would you have mount them? Would you go to a local Moment dealer who is already sold out of the skis you want or just trust any ol' local shop?

I am loving my WCT116’s.
    I can’t wait till we get some fresh snow again in the Sierra.

They have better grip than my old hard snow skis. They feel totally natural, doing everything I have asked of them. They ride flat better than any ski I can recall. Just point em, flare as desired, and fly.
    Thank you for pointing me this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I’d personally go Deathwish in case some unexpected snow hits. That said I imagine the PB&J is the right choice if a storm doesn’t hit.
    I packed the pb&j... The bag weighed 10lbs under the limit. Could have brought both

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks

Thanks for everyone taking the time to give some advise. Sounds like a Deathwish is what I need. Go for the 190's at 5' 10"?

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    If you buy from the factory and don't mount your own bindings, who would you have mount them? Would you go to a local Moment dealer who is already sold out of the skis you want or just trust any ol' local shop?
    I have never met a shop that won't mount bindings. Nothing special about mounting Moment skis, suggested mount point is clearly marked. BTW, I have never mounted except suggested and have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Be sure to share your (her) experience!
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkansas View Post
    Thanks for everyone taking the time to give some advise. Sounds like a Deathwish is what I need. Go for the 190's at 5' 10"?
    Yes and you will be happy.

RESPECT YOUR ELDERS

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Visited the Moment factory in Sparks for the first time to demo some Commander 108s (me likey...but I think they'd ski better if they were a touch heavier). Great little shop, with boot fitters too. Free demos. Highly recommended.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    RESPECT YOUR ELDERS
    Not sure I could go back to skiing those every day but that brings back some good memories. Those things liked to go fast and straight.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    fast and straight.
    FAST AND STRAIGHT. You can try to fight them, but they always win. Embrace the freight train.

If anyone is worried about the Deathwish on groomers/firm days, they will literally lay long trenches from medium, long to super long radius turns. The extra stiffness (especially in the tail) allow you to really rail and hold on. The skis are so damn fun (just mounted a new pair) that's incredibly difficult for me to use anything else these days regardless of the conditions. Info: mounted +2 with Salomon 916.

Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?

I am 6’3” 160lbs and the Wildcat 118 in a 190cm wasn’t as much ski as I wanted for soft conditions. I would guess that 190cm in the 108 would be good for harder conditions... but they do ski short. I’ve only skied the tour core 108 and they felt a little short.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Thinking of adding an extra playful ski to the group to compliment a Praxis MVP. MVP is mounted with Shifts. I love the ski, totally dependable for everything, can handle ice, pow, slush, groomers, whatever, which I greatly value with a touring ski. But with all that dependability, it doesn't have a whole lot of playfulness to it. I was thinking WC108 might fit this "extra playful" spot well but with the big rocker lines and only 190 in length I'm worried it'll ski super short. I had the Nocta Air 188 and it was too short. The 193 MVP feels good but it's 3 cm longer and not nearly the rocker a MC108 has. Any larger people on the 190 Moments and how do they feel about 'em?

I currently have 193 MVP with a 3+ flex that's a perfect flex for me, feels playful but I wish had more a little more "pop". 6' 2" 175lbs old-timer. Mounted -1 from the dot with fks. Agree with everything you wrote about the MVP. It feels loose enough in the trees to skid around but sometimes feels a bit too long there. Great everywhere else, open spaces can get some speed.

Also have a 12/13 190 Bibby Pro that handles the deep snow, tight trees length issue from the MVP. To me, the Bibby has the same confident cruising, no deflection in chopped snow feeling the MVP has, but in a wider and slightly shorter ski.

Both are great, but I'm glad I brought the Bibby on my last trip on the powder highway. Red Mountain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8EDDA7C2-5B12-4839-AF13-A5493A204DB6_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	813.0 KB 
ID:	317277

I've got access to Wildcat 118 190cm, and Wildcat 108 184cm demos in Boise if you're interested in trying them. No Wildcat 108 190s though unfortunately., although I might buy a pair soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaStoke View Post
    I've got access to Wildcat 118 190cm, and Wildcat 108 184cm demos in Boise if you're interested in trying them. No Wildcat 108 190s though unfortunately., although I might buy a pair soon.
    How'd you know I'm in Boise??
    Thanks for the replies. A thought I had was that if I'm looking for a non-deep day playful ski, a shorter ski might be fun and even more playful, so maybe "short" wouldn't be bad in this case

How'd you know I'm in Boise??
    Thanks for the replies. A thought I had was that if I'm looking for a non-deep day playful ski, a shorter ski might be fun and even more playful, so maybe "short" wouldn't be bad in this case
    The handle brundo caught my attention since I mostly ski Brundage. I'm assuming you referenced being in Boise at some point in a past thread and I remembered that since there aren't all that many ID mags.

Regardless, the offer stands if you wanna try Wildcat 116 in 184cm or 190cm, or Wildcat 108 in 184cm. I'll be sure to have Wildcat 108 190cm demos next season too.

Love my WC 118 190s so much I was about to pull the trigger on the WC 108 190s, but these recent Deathwish posts are making me reconsider.

For those who have skied both, does the deathwish ski longer than the WC?