Page 70 of 241 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 6018
    Just some props here for the Moment crew.

I jumped on the scratch and dent within a minute of getting the email. I was able to buy a set of 184 Deathwish Tours, unfortunately someone else was also able to do the same. They couldn't hook me up with a pair of DWT as they have none left but got me on some Wildcat Tours. Totally impressed me with the customer service and prompt communication, thanks for going above and beyond. I was looking forward to trying triple camber but the Wildcat fits exactly what I was after so I am stoked.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Are you guys still making a heavier blister pro with the blister guys?
    Earlier in the thread he mentioned that the regular Wildcat will be heavier next year.

On that note, I love my Wildcat 108's and I'm curious if the feel of the regular Wildcats is similar in deeper snow, with the extra width making up the floatation difference? Right now I have Noctas as my pow ski and while I love them, they're definitely on the surfy side and sometimes I feel like I want to charge harder on deeper days, much like the 108's handle when there's several inches or less. So, does the feeling translate?

I was thinking back to this past season and while I skied a lot of pow, possibly my favorite day consisted of an overnight dusting and then some really nice windbuff. The 108's were just so fun that day that I started to neglect my other skis. Here's one lap I took at Alpine: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7R17K4Fcq8/

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Are you guys still making a heavier blister pro with the blister guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just to add to what J said above; not completely sure what you’re asking? If they’re GOING to build a heavier pro, or if they’re going to CONTINUE making a heavier pro? AFAIK the Blister Pro and the Bibby/Wildcat have always been the same ski except for the very first Blister which brought back the old design which is also when Moment started using that design for the Wildcat going forward. As their build processes evolved the ski got lighter but they’ve always remained the same ski. They have discussed, and it very much sounds like is going to happen, adding some weight back to the ski to give it more of that OG heftyness that everyone liked so much. So my understanding is that both skis will remain identical, other than graphics, if they continue to make the Blister Pro. But who knows, maybe Moment and Blister will collaborate on something completely different for an entirely new Moment Blister Pro? I don’t believe either of them have made any comments on whether or not they’ll be doing another Blister Pro this year. Considering their relationship Id be a little surprised if they didn’t do something, but Blister does make a Pro with Folsom as well so who knows??
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Planning to launch 20/21 skis on 8/1.

Some things to look forward to:

- new sizes
    - new cores
    - new plastics
    - new composites
    - some heavier builds
    - some updated designs that charge harder than ever before
    - a new model or two....
    You should throw a parking lot party for the launch! Of course it wouldnt be complete w/o a Slayer cover band... http://www.slayensemble.com/

I'll bring a lawn chair, a case of Budweiser and a couple trailer park girls...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Earlier in the thread he mentioned that the regular Wildcat will be heavier next year.

On that note, I love my Wildcat 108's and I'm curious if the feel of the regular Wildcats is similar in deeper snow, with the extra width making up the floatation difference? Right now I have Noctas as my pow ski and while I love them, they're definitely on the surfy side and sometimes I feel like I want to charge harder on deeper days, much like the 108's handle when there's several inches or less. So, does the feeling translate?

I was thinking back to this past season and while I skied a lot of pow, possibly my favorite day consisted of an overnight dusting and then some really nice windbuff. The 108's were just so fun that day that I started to neglect my other skis. Here's one lap I took at Alpine: https://www.instagram.com/p/B7R17K4Fcq8/

I demo'd the 108s last year and took them up on a day like that at kirkwood. Really fun skis. Based on skiing 190 108's for like three days and 190 bibby's for 4 years - Yes - the feel is the similar in soft snow. Minimal taper and rocker makes for a these days unique combo of tracking/skiing fast well and being loose. The full width version is obviously not as quick side to side. It tracks WAY better - you can point 190 bibbys and go. Still have that nice loose feeling all the time though. In no way super challenging for their size.

I was skiing on older bibby's (2014?) but the 108's seemed to be noticeably stiffer right behind the heel piece - the older ones I was on flexed a bit more uniformly. but that might be old ski vs new ski.

If you wanna ski like you did in that video but when there's 8 inches of cut up pow, the wildcat should be at or near the top of the list
    Last edited by sruffian; 05-28-2020 at 09:29 AM.

^^ Awesome- thanks.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Just a casual idea. Scored 190 dwt in the blem sale. Imma likely mount and ski em. But I would also size down for touring duty if anyone wants to trade for 184s. Cannot tell what the blem is. They look immaculate to me.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

@melee do you want to tease us about new skis and updates like Scott did prior to the new site? I mean I think we can all use some good news.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    @melee do you want to tease us about new skis and updates like Scott did prior to the new site? I mean I think we can all use some good news.
    20/21 Preview Link

#rickrolled FTW...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I really love the new skis on this preview site, particularly how they literally explain how they're not going to let me down. Not sure what they mean about knowing each other for so long or whatever, I haven't even bought them yet..

Anyways, since you mentioned new sizes I was wondering if you could give a hint as whether it might or might not be possible that there will be a new Wildcat size somewhere in between 174 and 184, as 184 is just a touch too long for me. "Not telling lol" is a perfectly acceptable answer btw.

After watching this I am stoked!!

Super stoked as well!

Quote Originally Posted by headwall View Post
    I really love the new skis on this preview site, particularly how they literally explain how they're not going to let me down. Not sure what they mean about knowing each other for so long or whatever, I haven't even bought them yet..

Anyways, since you mentioned new sizes I was wondering if you could give a hint as whether it might or might not be possible that there will be a new Wildcat size somewhere in between 174 and 184, as 184 is just a touch too long for me. "Not telling lol" is a perfectly acceptable answer btw.
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Yeah I miss the Fable of the Bibby, but I get the rebrand and I'm stoked to see where this new Space-themed storyline goes.

Here's the link to the Fable of the Bibby imgur album I put together a couple years ago.

https://imgur.com/r/skiing/9jQ5I
    Digging around for info on the Chipotle Banana and found this link, which has nothing to do with the CB. But I thought it was cool and looks like some effort went into putting it together. Props to macon.

Moment Skis Discussion

Ha! Thanks for reposting that, I always meant to check that out and forgot, that’s really cool! X2 on the macon props...
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Website down for anyone else? The skis promised to never give me up or let me down but I’m concerned.

Dedicated. and only, touring ski with ft 12 radicals in the PNW
    Deathwish tour 184
    or
    WC 108 tour 184

what say ya? wrong to size down to 184 in a pure touring ski?

my inbounds skis: 189 automatic 109, 190 magic j, 184 mantra
    didn't like my last touring rig the nanutaq- felt too edgy and square tail didn't release well in mank

me: 5'8", 190, like to drive the tips still, trying to get more neutral but still a bit old school
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Dedicated. and only, touring ski with ft 12 radicals in the PNW
    Deathwish tour 184
    or
    WC 108 tour 184

what say ya? wrong to size down to 184 in a pure touring ski?

my inbounds skis: 189 automatic 109, 190 magic j, 184 mantra
    didn't like my last touring rig the nanutaq- felt too edgy and square tail didn't release well in mank

me: 5'8", 190, like to drive the tips still, trying to get more neutral but still a bit old school
    about 1/4 of this thread and 1% of the entire internet is dedicated to that question. no clear answer.

here's probably the best answer, Cy has a couple other good answers to it earlier in the thread

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorry, just got back to this. And I'm using your question as an excuse to respond to a bunch of people who are asking me about it.

Skied a tiny bit on the 108 Tour, and one of my main touring partners is on one all the time. It doesn't suck, that's for sure. I feel like too many people are getting caught up in this imaginary conflict between "Should I get the DW Tour or the WC 108 Tour!?!" that's a little overblown. Moment doesn't make a shitty touring ski right now. I could go a full season only touring on the DW Tour, WC 108 Tour, or WC 116 Tour and be a happy ass camper. All three skis rock.

Are you a Deathwish guy? Get the DW Tour. Never skied a DW, or you love Wildcats? Grab a WC 108 tour. WC 108 doesn't suck in deep snow, that 4mm in width doesn't make that big of a difference in float. Sure, the DW Tour is probably the most versatile touring ski Moment makes, but that doesn't take away from the fact that both Wildcat Tours are way more fun and versatile than most other touring skis on the market. Follow your heart and don't overthink it.

It's a damn good time to be a backcountry skier!
    I say wc108 because you said tips and because 110 crampons are better than 120s, but I went with the deathwish tour because I didn't say tips and the topsheet is cooler and lighter colored. I'm 5'11" 175 and probably ski the same snow you do--184 is good for me, but I prefer mid 180s for resort too.

Moment Skis Discussion

I can weigh in on this question. Bought the 190 WC tour for 6 weeks in Japan, but ended up loving it for all conditions in Montana as well.

And when I say all conditions, I mean everything from hardpack to blower powder.

I’m a bit taller than you, but same weight.

I have a good friend who’s about 5’8” and skis the 184 deathwish tour for his daily tour driver in Jackson and loves it.

There’s no way I would size down in the ski, but would be interested in a WC 108 for more of a well rounded ski in early winter / spring.

The straight pull on a 190 WC is about 184cm, and it’s a generous tip and tail rocker.

PS. This ski also rips the resort!

Quote Originally Posted by caulfield View Post
    about 1/4 of this thread and 1% of the entire internet is dedicated to that question. no clear answer.

here's probably the best answer, Cy has a couple other good answers to it earlier in the thread

I say wc108 because you said tips and because 110 crampons are better than 120s, but I went with the deathwish tour because I didn't say tips and the topsheet is cooler and lighter colored. I'm 5'11" 175 and probably ski the same snow you do--184 is good for me, but I prefer mid 180s for resort too.
    cheers. read as much of the thread as i could, but missed that. good call. probably will go for the wct108 because: deals on them
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I can't wait to mount these deathwish's when I get some touring boots in August. But i'm terrified of fucking the mount up. Moment's go faster with extra holes right?

Moment factory guys I talked to said up to -2cm behind center works fine for dwt.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Website down for anyone else? The skis promised to never give me up or let me down but I’m concerned.
    Still down, in this industry I am always concerned.

Website back up this morning.