Page 82 of 241 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 6018
    Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it...
    Truer words have never been spoken (coming from one who has been divorced twice).

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken (coming from one who has been divorced twice).
    Ya I laughed at this and the previous post..."You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it...."

1st wife didn’t ski (pretended to like it then once married said chairlifts scared her. WTF?)
    We divorced in late fall 2013 after 19 years and raising our boys. I skied 23 days in January 2014 that year. Worked the other 8 days. Hung out at a Baker cabin all winter....81 days on the hill got me through the first 3 months. And gear. Incidentally, I owned Moment Comis, Bibbys, PBJs, Belafontes and Deathwishes at that time in my life (tie in to the thread!).

2nd marriage happened in 2019...at Whistler, to a woman who loves skiing as much I do. She can ski, steeps and techy and fast. And ski quiver minimums made it in to her wedding vows (she vowed to never question the quiver).

Priceless.

K
    Last edited by kc_7777; 10-28-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    You know why divorce is so expensive? Because it's worth it...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    This made my day LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by aguo5520 View Post
    Can anyone explain exactly what the benefits of the decreased ramp height?
    Also, what are the pros and cons of having the freeride spacer on/off?
    Sorry to jump back to this. Made some adjustments to my Ions, and while standing flat on carpet, felt like there was some "pre-losdong" on my quads. This probably has to do with the existing ramp angle on the Ion, and I probably would be better served with a toe shim eh?

It would make sense since when I think about about I've never really felt like I could just stand straight up and take some stress off the quads, it is as though they are always engaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Sorry to jump back to this. Made some adjustments to my Ions, and while standing flat on carpet, felt like there was some "pre-losdong" on my quads. This probably has to do with the existing ramp angle on the Ion, and I probably would be better served with a toe shim eh?

It would make sense since when I think about about I've never really felt like I could just stand straight up and take some stress off the quads, it is as though they are always engaged.
    Yes - adding a toe shim will take some tension off your quads. The balance comes when you feel the tails get squirrelly - perhaps some are after this?

I run my DW ‘flatter’ & my CMD steep. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Yes - adding a toe shim will take some tension off your quads. The balance comes when you feel the tails get squirrelly - perhaps some are after this?

I run my DW ‘flatter’ & my CMD steep. YMMV.
    Good to know

Don’t forget to use screws that are a bit longer if you’re shimming more than a threads worth. Learned that one the hard way. Less than fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Moment has some interesting Colabs that they’re doing with Backcountry (yeah I know backcountry).

Essentially a wildcat 101 with a tour core and a Bella with a Bamboo core. The bamboo core Bella is an interesting concept.

https://www.backcountry.com/backcoun...xwaW5lLXNraXM=

https://www.backcountry.com/backcoun...xwaW5lLXNraXM=

Quote Originally Posted by Speedfreak View Post
    Don’t forget to use screws that are a bit longer if you’re shimming more than a threads worth. Learned that one the hard way. Less than fun.
    Helpful side note if you're shimming the Toe on a G3 Ion and you use a 4.7mm Shim and are using Binding Freedom inserts you'll want a 20mm M5 screw

alright hear me out on this one - moment should build an asym ski with triple camber

skis like the quixote and billygoat crush the chop on the long inside edge, and the shorter outside edge/more taper on outside makes them not only looser, but also surfier in soft

the deathwish grips and rips when laid over (so did the praxis concept). the triple camber is grippy af.

both designs lead to a 'two skis' kind of feeling - ski em upright and they pivot, drive em or lay em over and they can rail. Groomer performance on an asym ski would be improved through triple camber. Charginess of a triple camber ski would be improved by a longer effective inside edge. Surfiness of a triple camber ski would be improved by more taper on the outside edge

i'm sure in practice this wouldn't work but i would gladly pilot this deathtrap

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post

Can that be the name of the ski?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    Can that be the name of the ski?

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    +1

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

alright hear me out on this one - moment should build an asym ski with triple camber

skis like the quixote and billygoat crush the chop on the long inside edge, and the shorter outside edge/more taper on outside makes them not only looser, but also surfier in soft

the deathwish grips and rips when laid over (so did the praxis concept). the triple camber is grippy af.

both designs lead to a 'two skis' kind of feeling - ski em upright and they pivot, drive em or lay em over and they can rail. Groomer performance on an asym ski would be improved through triple camber. Charginess of a triple camber ski would be improved by a longer effective inside edge. Surfiness of a triple camber ski would be improved by more taper on the outside edge

This actually exists, my buddy had Praxis make a triple camber version of the Quixote, in a 182 with an UL core. Mounted with CAST. Can report back once the snow falls and I figure out how to shove my foot in his itty bitty boots.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    This actually exists, my buddy had Praxis make a triple camber version of the Quixote, in a 182 with an UL core. Mounted with CAST. Can report back once the snow falls and I figure out how to shove my foot in his itty bitty boots.
    woah. using the concept rocker line? i need photos of this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3321.JPG 
Views:	178 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	346572

I have a few other pairs of skis as well, but my Moment quiver is feeling pretty dialed in right now. And it’s going to snow tomorrow night, finally a pattern change.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

^sweet & thanks for the Sali color pics - was on the fence on the Orange STH2’s

woah. using the concept rocker line? i need photos of this
    Heyo, banana told me to respond here. I had pretty much the exact line of thinking that you posted regarding asym design playing well with multiple camber pockets. I hit up Praxis back in September to build a modified Quixote using a compound camber profile adapted from their Concept ski. The build appears to have worked well but of course I haven’t skied them yet. Can post a pic later today.

Interesting idea with the triple + asym.

I’m no ski designer and I know the armchair ideas can get annoying for these guys but my two cents:

In my experience the crud busting magic of the goats isn’t coming from the asym, it’s coming from the RES. The asym gave that ski better manners on hardpack but IMHO didn’t improve the crud/chop performance.

Now if there was a collab ... the “ dead goat” with RES and triple camber, I’d buy that. Probably a dumpster fire if you combine those two things but I’d buy a pair on principle alone.

as always, hard to isolate the impacts of single design features. From experience with the q's, it's clear to me that a long inside edge and minimal taper is gonna truck crud better than a heavily tapered inside edge.

love the dead goat idea as well.

I really just brought it up as the dwt seems like *almost* the perfect grab and go touring ski / 1 ski quiver touring ski, just like things a *tad* more surfy

cracks me up to talk about combining all these design elements when the best bc skis i've skied are flat / subtle full rocker and that's it...

Here's the image, from an angle that exaggerates the geometry. It's much more subtle than the camber pockets on my DWTs. Unweighted, the ski appears to have one large section of camber. The camber pockets are contained within and appear when the ski is weighted. You're totally right that it could be a dumpster fire. Wanted to take a risk and try something different.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	899.8 KB 
ID:	346708

fuck yah those look rad. when you get em on snow, gotta post up what you think in the praxis thread. UL core - using them to tour?

always been impressed by how well the q's do on edge - should make them a little more grippy / serated style on groomers - love triple camber feel on edge on corn

Moment Skis Discussion

Actually asked Keith about a pair of these about a year ago or so as well, didn’t really get a response (most likely because it was in the midst of several other questions) but I think it’s fuckin brilliant! Yeah flyguy, definitely cannot wait to hear how these work out, congrats on the super sweet build!!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Glad you guys seem interested in the build as well. I’ll let you know what happens. You can have your Moment thread back now

Quiver is set for 2020!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As a slut for Moment skis, I'm totally on board with this Deathtrap idea, on name alone. Asym sounds rather intriguing; it's money on my BillyGoats.