Page 21 of 239 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada29er View Post
    Hmm, I think the Govy has good amount of energy for being as wide as it is. Certainly more than a BG. Just need to load up that tail, takes a bit of speed or some mass.
    Is the BG an energetic ski? Never been on them, only ON3P I skied is my 11/12 wrens which I would describe as having no energy. Not a knock, the ski just absorbed everything, as it was meant to. I have plenty of mass to flex into the tail of the Govy, but I don't get much back, say compared to a bibby. Still love the ski, just not a lot of pop. Mine are a little beat at this point, could be part of our differing opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    Is the BG an energetic ski? Never been on them, only ON3P I skied is my 11/12 wrens which I would describe as having no energy. Not a knock, the ski just absorbed everything, as it was meant to. I have plenty of mass to flex into the tail of the Govy, but I don't get much back, say compared to a bibby. Still love the ski, just not a lot of pop. Mine are a little beat at this point, could be part of our differing opinions.
    I’d say they’re damp AF, without being dead or dull. Not as poppy as a moment. Which for me is an advantage in wet, heavy and/or variable snow. Firm snow or park, I like them equally.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Been putting a lot of thought into this too, here's where Im at:

I have Bibby Tour 190s mounted with shifts as my deep snow or short tour ski. Are they kind of heavy? Yeah. Do I care? No. They are still way lighter inbounds bibby 190s mounted with pivot 18s, and Im a bigger dude so am able to carry the weight around. Ive done about 2000 -2500 vert days on these and havent felt worn out.

For longer tours, spring etc.., I would love to just ski the Bibby's but have them be lighter. Also would be nice to have them narrower for skin track and maneuvarability. They so freaking versatile and I feel so comfortable on them, I dont want to adjust to any other type of ski at this point. So I've decided on getting the Wildcat Tour 108 and mount them with some Zeds that I have.

Bibby Tour 190 + Shift: 1925 grams + 885 grams = 2810 grams

Wildcat 108 Tour 190 + Zed= 1770 grams +375 grams = 2145 grams

When you consider the weight of the whole combo, thats a savings 665 grams per foot, about 1.5 pounds per foot. Thats a fucking SOLID two ski touring quiver right there.
    Just for numbers sake.

Savings = 665
    Binding saving = 510
    Percent binding saving = 77%

So it’s strongly mostly (more than 3/4) the binding change. Zeds on BTours lighter too

Quote Originally Posted by WhetherMan View Post
    No, the BGs are quite dead and damp, at least the older ones are. My older Wrens are dead too, definitely one trait I don't care for on groomers or any kind of smooth snow. I have the 196 Govs and I can launch out of turns on steeps if I load the tails. Definitely need some speed tho.

Appreciate the comments JDA. I already have Protests for pow touring, so this would be more of a mixed-bag all-winter big-day touring rig. (I also have a post-consolidation late-spring/summer set-up.... QUIVERS! woot woot). These will probably get Tectons since I have a pair and probably will be selling the boringly average in everything 4FRNT Ravens. But Zeds will be sweet no doubt. Your setups are pretty sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post

Bibby Tour 190 + Shift: 1925 grams + 885 grams = 2810 grams

Wildcat 108 Tour 190 + Zed= 1770 grams +375 grams = 2145 grams
    The Wildcat Tour is quoted at 1825 grams/ski on Moment's website, while the Wildcat 108 Tour is quoted at 1770 grams/ski. Seems wrong - only 3% more weight for more than 10% increase in surface area? Can't be right unless they have different layups/construction. ETA: after further research, I think Moment's website has an error on the Wildcat Tour - Evo quotes the Wildcat Tour in 190 at 1925 grams (not 1825). 1925 seems more likely. Who knows...

Can someone weigh their Wildcat Tour 108s??
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Appreciate the comments JDA. I already have Protests for pow touring, so this would be more of a mixed-bag all-winter big-day touring rig. (I also have a post-consolidation late-spring/summer set-up.... QUIVERS! woot woot). These will probably get Tectons since I have a pair and probably will be selling the boringly average in everything 4FRNT Ravens. But Zeds will be sweet no doubt. Your setups are pretty sweet!

The Wildcat Tour is quoted at 1825 grams/ski on Moment's website, while the Wildcat 108 Tour is quoted at 1770 grams/ski. Seems wrong - only 3% more weight for more than 10% increase in surface area? Can't be right unless they have different layups/construction. ETA: after further research, I think Moment's website has an error on the Wildcat Tour - Evo quotes the Wildcat Tour in 190 at 1925 grams (not 1825). 1925 seems more likely. Who knows...

Can someone weigh their Wildcat Tour 108s??
    Wildcat tour 108 @ 184 1672 & 1661grams

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

2 thoughts:

1) it’s not if you’re faster on your pow sticks than some dentist on his stock GS skis- it’s does the ski help/hurt whatever YOU are trying to do?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5C9232C-E014-438E-8895-67CCE29F9EBA.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	276675

2) ^ the Carson’s really advanced my U8’s confidence this year. (Shameful posting as I hear they have some on sale now)

Beta on Meridian Tours please?
    How much standard Meridian goodness gets lost with the weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxtar View Post
    I guess you can check Bibby Vs Bibby Tour comparison, will be more or less relevant

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    I guess you can check Bibby Vs Bibby Tour comparison, will be more or less relevant
    Where would I find that?

Someone has a nice pair of Chipotle Bannanas here ar Big Sky! Maybe a mag?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Where would I find that?
    A couple of different guys at Blister did comparisons.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have the meridian tours and the meridian 117. Not apples to apples and I think I can offer some perspective. In good snow, I think very little if anything is lost in therms of downhill. When I tour the value gained from the weight loss on each step is well worth the crappy snow that may be encountered at the bottom of a run where multiple tracks converge or an icy bobsled runout. Happy to answer specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I have the meridian tours and the meridian 117. Not apples to apples and I think I can offer some perspective. In good snow, I think very little if anything is lost in therms of downhill. When I tour the value gained from the weight loss on each step is well worth the crappy snow that may be encountered at the bottom of a run where multiple tracks converge or an icy bobsled runout. Happy to answer specifics.
    Do you notice decreased grip on steep/firm skintracks because of the full rocker? I know we're all supposed to tour without risers but sometimes going straight up is more fun than sidehilling.

What size are you running on the Tours?

Quote Originally Posted by Toddball View Post
    Do you notice decreased grip on steep/firm skintracks because of the full rocker? I know we're all supposed to tour without risers but sometimes going straight up is more fun than sidehilling.
    I have not noticed any issues with skinning grip and have had them on all possible skin track conditions. The rocker is minimal and have many experiences where others on split boards or other skis were slipping and I was gripping.

@Roxtar I have 187s in both the 117 and the tour. Moment's longest size seems to agree with me on all of the skis I have owned (lots) and have never wanted a smaller size.

I’m on the 185 Devastators, which actually measure at 181-182.
    Love them. Wondering if the 187 or 181 would be better for me

My goal with these questions is to see if the Meridian Tours are up to 50/50 duty.
    They seem like great touring rippers but can they handle inbounds mank?
    And then the size thing.

They seem like great touring rippers but can they handle inbounds mank?
    No.

There is not a ski in existence that is that light that also does legitimately well in inbounds mank. There's a reason there is a regular layup and a tour layup.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    2 thoughts:

1) it’s not if you’re faster on your pow sticks than some dentist on his stock GS skis- it’s does the ski help/hurt whatever YOU are trying to do?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B5C9232C-E014-438E-8895-67CCE29F9EBA.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	229.4 KB 
ID:	276675

2) ^ the Carson’s really advanced my U8’s confidence this year. (Shameful posting as I hear they have some on sale now)
    That looks great. Our 10 year old granddaughter is on her second pair of Carson's, currently on 136's. As a racer she will more than likely be on the 154's next season. When we put her on her first pair she improved 25% after literally two runs. They made a huge difference, she carved so much better. IMO they are worth every bit of the $329 cost.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    No.

There is not a ski in existence that is that light that also does legitimately well in inbounds mank. There's a reason there is a regular layup and a tour layup.
    I agree with toast. No touring ski is going to be a great inbounds charger.

The standard meridian layup is already only 2020g a ski in the 187. Seems passable as a 50/50 ski weight to me. Depending on your stats it would probably be better to save weight by going with a 181 than with the lighter core.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead View Post
    I agree with toast. No touring ski is going to be a great inbounds charger.
    Me three, same goes for binders (although I have yet to try shifts), and boots
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

While waxing my new this year Deathwish's yesterday I noticed that there was an area on both skis that are base high. No sure why or how I never noticed it before but after putting a true bar on them I was surprised by how high the base was, especially on one of them. So I took a couple of photos and sent them to Moment and asked what they thought, and would I have any issues getting them ground to level them out. Less than an hour later I get a reply, "that is totally unacceptable, we will send you a return label and send you a new pair of skis".

How's that for great customer service?

That’s awesome.
    Compare that to a company like Rocky Mountain Underground who got famous on this board for having a somewhat different reaction to a similar issue