Page 184 of 241 FirstFirst ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 6023
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Feel like a 180-182 Deathwish 96 would be an amazing low-tide ripper all over the mountain for me. Would probably buy that in a second.
    If you want that center mounted, the frankenski in a 182 is a pretty amazing low tide ride
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Not a huge DIYer when it comes to ski maintenance mostly because I don't have the space (small apartment in a ski town). So I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck was wrong with my brand new Wildcat 108s - they were rad in anything soft but the second I got them on hardpack they dragged tail and just felt like garbage. Thought maybe high edge? Detune? What could it be? Got them edged, detuned, a couple times but stoner ski techs couldn't figure it out. Finally went to a real shop in town and asked him to put a flat bar against 'em. He said it's likely they felt like this cause they have no bevel and are completely flat - he edged em with a bevel and I guess we'll find out tomorrow if that fixes the issue. Is this normal? Also apparently my older gen Big Cats are slightly concave.
    Flat base edge sounds likely on your w108s. Let us know if adding bevel fixes it. Adding more bevel to 1.5 might flatten out your older cats too.

Skied my OG deathwish this week at Jackson. Got hit with an awesome storm and the conditions were all time. These skis were so damn versatile and fun with some serious fresh snow. The 190s were a bit long dripping the goat path into Corbets but paid off in the end when getting some waist deep turns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Quote Originally Posted by Stuntmonkey View Post
    Not a lot of info out and about right now, but any advice on the Countach sizing. 6'2 220lbs here.....not sure if it skis short and can't decide between 188 and 194. Going to CAST it up.
    I'm similar size and always ski the 188/190 in Moment's line.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tenB View Post
    Flat base edge sounds likely on your w108s. Let us know if adding bevel fixes it. Adding more bevel to 1.5 might flatten out your older cats too.
    I always detune my Moments farther from the tip and tail than they come from the factory. Also, according to Melee they are running 1.5°/1° base/edge bevels now.

Quote Originally Posted by scmartin69 View Post
    I always detune my Moments farther from the tip and tail than they come from the factory. Also, according to Melee they are running 1.5°/1° base/edge bevels now.

My WC108s are 1/1 as it came from the factory a few years ago, detuned a bunch and they ski well. My WCs are 2/1 and I think they ski a bit nicer like that - they're much looser and I think that tune fits the character of the ski better.

I bet 1.5/1 is a noticeable improvement for a ski that came 1/1 though.

I think you have that backwards. From Moment’s website FAQ:
    What is the edge bevel on your skis?
    We ship all of our skis with a 1-degree base edge and 1.5-degree side
    edge bevel and ceramic polish. We also de-tune the tip and tails so your
    skis will perform great right out of the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Shit, you're right gotta lay off the cough syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    They used to be 1/1...

Skis now come with a 1 degree side bevel and a 1.5 degree base bevel.

Additionally, for 22/23 we have a new de-tuning procedure for the tips and tails. We are still det-uning the same area but have a new machine that does the job better, faster and is more repeatable so we can ensure we are getting a solid de-tune every single time.
    Shit, you're right gotta lay off the cough syrup.

Never fret, you can keep ingesting your cough syrup
    Last edited by tuco; 03-04-2023 at 04:27 PM.

Adding bevel made them feel like normal skis. Very happy with the result. They're skiing the way I knew they always *should* have skied on groomers now, and also notice more slide-ability in hard bumps.

Quote Originally Posted by CouloirInTheLines View Post
    Their website is incorrect. Melee clarified earlier in this thread that all of their skis now come with 1.5 base and 1.0 side bevel.

Their website is incorrect. Melee clarified earlier in this thread that all of their skis now come with 1.5 base and 1.0 side bevel.
    So which is it?

So which is it?

It's in my post 4 posts up, straight out melees fingers about 6 months ago. It's on page 162

Welp.

I was fairly convinced I wanted some Commander Tours for a burly spring ski mountaineering setup. I'd gotten over the weight (they should be 1850 grams per moments website). I got my hands on a pair in a local shop and they were 1970 grams on the scale in a 182cm which was enough to get me to question things again. I'm sure they'd ski great but that's bordering on resort ski weight.

I'm hoping to be able to ski them with a pair of 1200 gram boots occasionally (Skorpius) and this is just feeling like it might be asking more than the boot really wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    It's in my post 4 posts up, straight out melees fingers about 6 months ago. It's on page 162
    Fabulous... At least I've been doing it right.

Deathwish or Fat Cats for Whistler trip next week? . Looks like potential for 2’ fresh im sure it’s wetter than I’m used to.

I can’t decide, never skied Whistler. I’m a Colorado DW daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by possum View Post
    Deathwish or Fat Cats for Whistler trip next week? . Looks like potential for 2’ fresh im sure it’s wetter than I’m used to.

I can’t decide, never skied Whistler. I’m a Colorado DW daily driver.
    Damn, that’s a difficult question!! When in doubt take whatever ski you believe to be worse in deep snow, then maybe it will dump!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In my opinion, you can always ski any kind of pow on the DW112...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpmZYmSr756/

Other than my Commander 124 that I only break out for a few days in AK, I haven't skied anything else in ages. There's some demos of the new moment quiver up at Alaska Backcountry Guides in Valdez...book a trip and try different boards each day. No need to bring skis...they've got everything from the Comi to the ski boards :-)

Moment Skis Discussion

Both solid points. DWs in the bag.

I rarely ski anything else anyway.

I’ve even seen you ski the DWs in Alaska, 666

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1678572184.804222.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	451431

Sports basement (SF stonestown location) has some moment skis on 40% off if you’re a member. $467 before tax. I see a 179 and 184 deathwish, 179 wildcat 108, and a 179 and 184 deathwish 104

Blades just arrived. Spring is looking good.

Question for any of you ski tech Jedis. Long story short, a friend of my Dad’s bought a pair of used WC 108’s off of a friend of mine. We didn’t realize they had some funky top sheet bubbling, almost like they are delamming. Not sure what the best way to fix this is… It’s just on one tip. My buddy must have stuffed the tip into something to make the top sheet bubble like that. Pretty weird, I’ve owned lots and lots of Moments and never scene this. I just want to get them fixed up so my Dad’s cheap ass buddy can get a great pair of sticks on the cheap. Any ideas appreciated!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539581.227300.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	452856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539599.511425.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	452857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539618.045848.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	452859

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Question for any of you ski tech Jedis. Long story short, a friend of my Dad’s bought a pair of used WC 108’s off of a friend of mine. We didn’t realize they had some funky top sheet bubbling, almost like they are delamming. Not sure what the best way to fix this is… It’s just on one tip. My buddy must have stuffed the tip into something to make the top sheet bubble like that. Pretty weird, I’ve owned lots and lots of Moments and never scene this. I just want to get them fixed up so my Dad’s cheap ass buddy can get a great pair of sticks on the cheap. Any ideas appreciated!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539581.227300.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	452856Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539599.511425.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	452857Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1679539618.045848.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	452859

Maybe heat gun and clamp a file on it to flatten it?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I would put some epoxy in an injector/syringe and get some under the bubble, especially near the edge to keep water out. Then heat and clamp as Gnar said.
    "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story." Warren M

Moment Skis Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jbrine View Post
    I would put some epoxy in an injector/syringe and get some under the bubble, especially near the edge to keep water out. Then heat and clamp as Gnar said.
    Never injected epoxy, I’ll have to look into that. This seems like what needs to happen. Wondering Marine epoxy is the way since it’s flexible…(thinking aloud here

Edit: sounds like G flex liquid epoxy and an injector are what is needed. Probably take a junk ski and use the tip for the clamping surface or could just pull the bindings and use it’s mate.

Last edited by hick; 03-23-2023 at 10:00 AM.