Page 104 of 239 FirstFirst ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... LastLast
Results 2,576 to 2,600 of 5957
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Any ski with that much rocker I highly recommend detuning. Tips and tails. But we all have our preferences.
    For sure. I go about 3-4 cm past the contact point. File/stone/gummy

Does anyone know how the wildcat 108 and the deathwish compare to the devastator. Outside of the whole reverse camber thing.

--edit: just pulled the trigger on a 190 wc I got for 550 new. Stoked to get these bad boys mounted up
    Last edited by thurmondmb; 03-01-2021 at 01:23 PM.

I have Wildcat 108 and Deathwhish. I like the wildcat better than the deathwhish. I have Swiss cheesed the top sheet trying all mount points on the deathwish. Powder skiing -1mm back works best for me. All conditions boot recommend is better. Going to try quiver killers to have booth options. I hope Moment adds a 112mm to the wildcat line.

Quote Originally Posted by MVC View Post
    I have Wildcat 108 and Deathwhish. I like the wildcat better than the deathwhish. I have Swiss cheesed the top sheet trying all mount points on the deathwish. Powder skiing -1mm back works best for me. All conditions boot recommend is better. Going to try quiver killers to have booth options. I hope Moment adds a 112mm to the wildcat line.
    Curious what you think a 112 wildcat for accomplish that the 108 does not?

Or a 116, for that matter

Quote Originally Posted by waxloaf View Post
    Or a 116, for that matter
    my thoughts exactly

Well the difference between the WC 108 and regular 116/118 is definitely noticeable in powder. But yeah a 112 seems kind of pointless / redundant.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Powder skiing -1mm back works best for me.
    Uhhhh, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by FullStop View Post
    Uhhhh, ok.
    -1cm oops not mm

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Curious what you think a 112 wildcat for accomplish that the 108 does not?
    It's like tire pressure and suspension changes on a Bike or Dirt Bike for dirt conditions and terrain. Small adjustments can improve feel and fun for me. Thats why I bought the DW trying to feel the void on the WC Line. I do switch out skis during the day when conditions or terrain changes. Its fun.

It’s not like that at all. It’s like buying a three different enduro bikes then needlessly trying to figure out if your 150mm travel bike, your 160mm travel bike, or your 165mm travel bike will be the best for a given segment of trail.

If you can’t handle the fat cat in firm snow especially the back half of a powder day... you should spent more time working on your form and less time swapping skis.

It's like tire pressure and suspension changes on a Bike or Dirt Bike for dirt conditions and terrain. Small adjustments can improve feel and fun for me. Thats why I bought the DW trying to feel the void on the WC Line. I do switch out skis during the day when conditions or terrain changes. Its fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    It’s not like that at all. It’s like buying a three different enduro bikes then needlessly trying to figure out if your 150mm travel bike, your 160mm travel bike, or your 165mm travel bike will be the best for a given segment of trail.

If you can’t handle the fat cat in firm snow especially the back half of a powder day... you should spent more time working on your form and less time swapping skis.
    You can't feel the difference between 150mm and a 165mm travel???

You are 100% percent correct about the fat cat on the back of a powder day. I can handle it but why when there is a better tool in the shed. Maybe its different where you live I can ski to car switch skis loose 5 minutes. I am bored no super cross race tonight.

In the analogy I was using

150mm travel bike = WC 108
    160mm travel bike = WC 112 you want
    165mm travel bike = WC 116

There is already some overlap between the 108 and the 116. Enough that a lot of people done need both. Why you’re getting flack is saying the 112mm middle ground is needed because it will do things that neither other model can.

You can't feel the difference between 150mm and a 165mm travel???

You are 100% percent correct about the fat cat on the back of a powder day. I can handle it but why when there is a better tool in the shed. Maybe its different where you live I can ski to car switch skis loose 5 minutes. I am bored no super cross race tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    In the analogy I was using

150mm travel bike = WC 108
    160mm travel bike = WC 112 you want
    165mm travel bike = WC 116

There is already some overlap between the 108 and the 116. Enough that a lot of people done need both. Why you’re getting flack is saying the 112mm middle ground is needed because it will do things that neither other model can.
    It's not needed I agree but I would like to try a WC in that width. I am sure Moment knows what they are doing. When I talked to them last year they said buy WC 108 so I bought DW instead. Purchased WC 108 this year mounted on Big Triangle 3rd turn and we became best friends. Loved them so much got Bella for wife and kid. Now I want to try a commander but I will have to work on my skiing quit going to the car. Its funny a Ski Rep was parked by me this week with a stack of skis all racked up for his personal quiver test. I am guessing he skied 40,000/50,000 vert in 4.5hrs switching skis out at his Van.

10mm of travel on a bike's suspension is a hell of a lot more impactful than a few millimeters of width on a ski. Not even close.

I don’t know why people are going ape on MVC. WC112 would be kind of cool. Sounds like he supports Moment by buying their skis, and all the power to him if he likes to swap skis around. Enjoy the snow however you want my man!!

Anyone who supports skiing and rad ski companies is good to go in my books.

Wait you're saying you would RATHER ski the 108 in the afternoon of a tracked out powder day???? grotesque

At the end of the day, skiing is supposed to be fun. So I guess if someone is stoked on the idea of a 112 Wildcat then cool. I don’t think it would be a bad ski and I drink the cool aide on this stuff as well.

I think my resistance is thinking that there is a gap in the lineup between the 108 and the 116/118. I’m tired of companies switching a few mm on skis and claiming they’ve suddenly made something awesome and “everyone needs new skis”. I guess I just see thinking we need a Wildcat 112 is an extension of that style of marketing.

I’ve been glad Moment hasn’t played that game much. If they come out with a new 2022 Moment Wildcat 107 that “edges way better and spins faster than the old 108mm” I’ll be a little bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by RadSkier_ View Post
    I don’t know why people are going ape on MVC. WC112 would be kind of cool. Sounds like he supports Moment by buying their skis, and all the power to him if he likes to swap skis around. Enjoy the snow however you want my man!!

Anyone who supports skiing and rad ski companies is good to go in my books.

I'd buy a 112wc if it meant I could also get a 122 in a 198

Blizzard Thread: “man I wish we could get this 112 ski in a 108/118”
    Moment Thread: “Man I wish we could get this 108/118 in a 112”
    ON3P Thread: Nah, I’m not going there.

Quote Originally Posted by phallic-menace View Post
    I'd buy a 112wc if it meant I could also get a 122 in a 198
    I love where this thread is going. The ghost of aever is smiling down on us.

In keeping with his legacy - how about longer lengths on the wildcats? Don't we giants deserve playful shapes too? There's probably maybe even someone besides me who would buy one (well, end of season closeout maybe) so it's a certified cash cow for Moment

112mm = Deathwish.

Tested some 21/22 Deathwish 190cm on Saturday...they still rail firm groomers so I'm happy. That's my review.

Based on your review...lol...I will be purchasing DW next fall...thx...

I also got back on the 19/20 Deathwish 190 this weekend after not skiing them since the older iteration. And they have a TON of grip on groomers. Felt really solid. I think the new layup and added stiffness really helps beef up the ski.

I would agree with Skier666. The Deathwish is 112, no reason for a Wildcat 112.

It must be me but I have not got along with my DW when it comes to powder skiing,. I get ALLOT of tip dive. First fix turn up dins from booting out from heel. Next Fix mounted -2cm from boot hated them. Next was -1cm from boot they work but I like liked boot center better for everything but powder skiing. Guess I need to buy Big WC and ski DW occasionally waist more time going to the car.