Page 162 of 241 FirstFirst ... 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 6010
    I find the regular DW112 best for summer couloirs

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4637.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	423427

Good effort, mate.

Looks awful and wonderful at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Just to confirm…All Moments come with factory bevels of 1/1….?
    They used to be 1/1...

Skis now come with a 1 degree side bevel and a 1.5 degree base bevel.

Additionally, for 22/23 we have a new de-tuning procedure for the tips and tails. We are still det-uning the same area but have a new machine that does the job better, faster and is more repeatable so we can ensure we are getting a solid de-tune every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    They used to be 1/1...

Additionally, for 22/23 we have a new de-tuning procedure for the tips and tails. We are still det-uning the same area but have a new machine that does the job better, faster and is more repeatable so we can ensure we are getting a solid de-tune every single time.
    Other than new machinery, what are the new detuning procedures? Variable sharpness to the widest point?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachesNCream View Post
    I've only skied the DWT and I think the added weight of the DW would help with chargeyness but I did not think the DWT was chargey at all. On the other hand, the WC seems to be one of the OG playful chargers. Going off your description, I'd go WC. It's also pretty versatile for its width so I wouldn't be worried about it being wider

I guess it all depends on what "chargey" means to you. I'm also on the DWT, and while I agree the DWT isn't for bulldozing everything at mach loony, I've always been able to ski it as aggressively as I want (on a touring setup) regardless of conditions.

So it all depends on what "charge" means to you and what your style is. For my style (more playful and dynamic and less all out straight-lining crud) I can go as hard as I want and it holds up. To be clear I exclusively tour, but for touring the Wasatch and having fun and skiing fast regardless of conditions I've not had any problems.

You name it over the last two seasons I've skied it. I've got over 150 days on my pair over the last two seasons and never felt held back from pushing things by them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyKevin View Post
    Other than new machinery, what are the new detuning procedures? Variable sharpness to the widest point?
    Same end result as we always intended. Its just a lot easier to achieve and more consistent than ever now.

Anyone here using the Wildcat Tour 108's? Moved to Estes Park, Colorado and looking to get my first touring setup. Torn between that and the Line Vision 108's.

Quote Originally Posted by DougFromCO View Post
    Anyone here using the Wildcat Tour 108's? Moved to Estes Park, Colorado and looking to get my first touring setup. Torn between that and the Line Vision 108's.
    You'll have better durability with Moment no question. I've seen a fair number of busted Visions haven't seen a busted Moment

I'm on the WC108s in the Front Range. I've grown accustom to Moment shapes (Bibby/Wildcat, Deathwish 112 /104 are all in my inbounds quiver) and flex patterns. I like the consistency when skiing in the backcountry. I'm mounted with G3 Zeds because of deals and like them. ATK if money is no object.

If you start to get after it in spring on big high alpine stuff you may want a smaller/narrower ski. But if you're looking for a soft-snow-oriented ski it's a pretty dang good one.

Outside of Nelson BC last year

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	273117768_10102582346279180_7984109204957008551_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	370.5 KB 
ID:	423472

Quote Originally Posted by DougFromCO View Post
    WCT108s with Tectons are among my favorite skis of all time. I can have fun skiing them in any conditions. As a matter of fact, I often switch to them midday at the resort once my legs start getting tired, and am continually amazed how well they do there for a lightish touring ski.

They used to be 1/1...

Thanks for the info. When did you guys switch to 1/1.5 base? Is that new this year?

Awesome, thank you!

Ordering them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Thanks for the info. When did you guys switch to 1/1.5 base? Is that new this year?
    It's actually always been close to 1/1.5 but now we run the skis through the base edge process multiple times to ensure we are achieving a 1.5 degree base bevel every single time.

This process change was modified sometime last winter.

It's actually always been close to 1/1.5 but now we run the skis through the base edge process multiple times to ensure we are achieving a 1.5 degree base bevel every single time.

This process change was modified sometime last winter.
    By mistake, my katanas were ground at 1.5 degrees base and i felt they were engaging the edge a lot later than when i had them at 1 degree base

You are about finding the same?

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    By mistake, my katanas were ground at 1.5 degrees base and i felt they were engaging the edge a lot later than when i had them at 1 degree base

You are about finding the same?

The machine has always been setup for a 1.5 degree base bevel although it typically yielded a result closer to 1.1 - 1.2.

We find people complain that wide skis are hooky if we dont go 1.3+

All skis under 108 underfoot get 1/1.1 - 1.2

The machine has always been setup for a 1.5 degree base bevel although it typically yielded a result closer to 1.1 - 1.2.

We find people complain that wide skis are hooky if we dont go 1.3+

All skis under 108 underfoot get 1/1.1 - 1.2
    Ok, but I'm asking for your personal opinion, not your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    I guess it all depends on what "chargey" means to you. I'm also on the DWT, and while I agree the DWT isn't for bulldozing everything at mach loony, I've always been able to ski it as aggressively as I want (on a touring setup) regardless of conditions.

So it all depends on what "charge" means to you and what your style is. For my style (more playful and dynamic and less all out straight-lining crud) I can go as hard as I want and it holds up. To be clear I exclusively tour, but for touring the Wasatch and having fun and skiing fast regardless of conditions I've not had any problems.

You name it over the last two seasons I've skied it. I've got over 150 days on my pair over the last two seasons and never felt held back from pushing things by them at all.
    Yeah I have had similar experience and I gotta disagree w/ peaches here, too. If a ski at 1800g can ever be called chargey, the dwt definitely is. Would I want to ski it inbounds after noon on a powder day? no. but it can hold up to raging in the backcountry WAY better than an 1800g ski should be able to. sure, i could always use a damper ride for shit conditions, but I've skied the dwt a lot faster than I should in shit conditions and that thing comes alive when you push it.

U guys planning on getting the new Rasta pivots? I’d like to combine them with my C98 order?

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    U guys planning on getting the new Rasta pivots? I’d like to combine them with my C98 order?
    Yes and they are in stock now. Both 15's and 18's

https://www.momentskis.com/products/...43177496346881

Nice…taking a look now.

For people who've been on both, can someone give a rundown of WC108 vs DW104 for low tide days?

I've picked through the thread but not seeing a lot of direct comparo's. Seems like the DW's grip above (below?) their weight. WC more pivoty and maybe better 'suspension' (sorry ) via more camber. WC lets you drive the shovels more?

What else?

It's august. Maximum perseveration period while we wait for the turn.

I own the WC108 Tour. I've demo'd (aka borrowed fellow patrollers a few times) WC101. And my daily driver is DW104.

DW104 feels grippier to me than WC101 (triple camber) on 2D snow.
    WC101 felt a little easier in bumps and better in weird chop (more taper?)
    WC108 is better in freshies vs DW104 (more taper?)
    WC101 is more intuitive in park (triple camber sorta weird there).

If I had to guess, the WC108 will be a hair chargier and more fun in big open spaces and 3D snow than the DW104. The DW104 more fun on the groomed and chalk.

Honestly, probably splitting hairs.

^^^ cool thanks. I am thinking about DW104 and fatcat as a 2-ski quiver...seems like that would make sense based on your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    ^^^ cool thanks. I am thinking about DW104 and fatcat as a 2-ski quiver...seems like that would make sense based on your experience.
    That's my most common.

DW was my favorite daily until the DW104 came along. Now DW is rock ski, 104 is my main.

Fatcat (2013 Bibby) for 6-12"

Protest for 12"+.

On some leftovers days when I'm feeling burly I pull out my Corvus. If I had sized my 104s for freeskiing rather than patrolling (sleds, shit trees, etc) -- I'd probably never touch them.

That sounds like a dream quiver. I did not really got along with the Fatcat but I love my regular Deathwish so much that I wonder how the DW104 would do. This season I decided to give a shot at the line blade to have something really different.