Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3310
  1. #3201
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livingston, MT
    Posts
    1,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Wow, some seriously sensitive folks out there. Itís a ski name for fucks sake. Donít change a thing Moment.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  2. #3202
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,701
    Is that Lou Dawson?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  3. #3203
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Picked up some DW tours based on input from this thread and the moment chat. Due to existing holes, I can mount on the line and -1. Inbounds ski is Jeffery 108 with demo bindings. I've played around with the mount point and can be happy anywhere from +2 to -1. I ski with an upright stance. For touring I'll be in the trees a lot and prioritize nimbleness and not that worried about float with this ski. Mount on the line yeah?
    Yeah mount on the line and get ready to have a great time

  4. #3204
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Wow, some seriously sensitive folks out there. Itís a ski name for fucks sake. Donít change a thing Moment.
    I have gone over the name a million times...

    It started as a joke because my business partner broke his neck riding the first Deathwish prototype (not the skis fault and he is 100% fine).

    Obviously we don't have a Deathwish for ourselves or anyone else but because of some of the lines we all ski some people might think we do.

    Anyway, get offended or not, it's up to you.

  5. #3205
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,386
    lol at the DickWish
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  6. #3206
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    521
    I think I'll mod mine to say Dickwish (or maybe that will give people the wrong idea?)

    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  7. #3207
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    in the shadow of the white rocks
    Posts
    2,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    lol at the DickWish
    Is that the 202cm / 122mm version? Seriously Lou, stick to your scene of lame touring shit.

  8. #3208
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Reno, NV
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Is that the 202cm / 122mm version? Seriously Lou, stick to your scene of lame touring shit.
    With Black Pivot 18s...


    Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

  9. #3209
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I have gone over the name a million times...

    It started as a joke because my business partner broke his neck riding the first Deathwish prototype (not the skis fault and he is 100% fine).

    Obviously we don't have a Deathwish for ourselves or anyone else but because of some of the lines we all ski some people might think we do.

    Anyway, get offended or not, it's up to you.
    Considering how things work now in 2021, its very refreshing to hear a response like this. Never change Moment.

  10. #3210
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    1,373

    Moment Skis Discussion

    ^^^VERY REFRESHING!!!^^^
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

  11. #3211
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    799
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    I have gone over the name a million times...

    It started as a joke because my business partner broke his neck riding the first Deathwish prototype (not the skis fault and he is 100% fine).

    Obviously we don't have a Deathwish for ourselves or anyone else but because of some of the lines we all ski some people might think we do.

    Anyway, get offended or not, it's up to you.
    Many good things are polarizing, especially when they're "edgy". Many people hated Led Zeppelin and they're one of the greatest bands of all time. Deathwish is maybe my favorite ski name, same applies to many of your graphics. So does that make moment the Led Zeppelin of ski industry?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Yeah mount on the line. Luke has suggested that before, particularly because of the triple camber. Its very balanced at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Yeah mount on the line and get ready to have a great time
    On the line it is. Thanks

  12. #3212
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Driggs
    Posts
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

    Anyway, get offended or not, it's up to you.
    I'm offended because:

    A) That feigned shock in the review indicates that Lou had never heard of a ski that's around a decade old at least at this point, which is just a good reminder of how cloistered some outlets' views of the industry are.

    and

    B) Because they claim that my favorite "tight trees and quick turns" ski is not good at those very things I love it for.

    Lord help us all.

  13. #3213
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    P-tex, CA
    Posts
    8,425

  14. #3214
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Los Angeles/Mammoth
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm...DEATHWISH!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remarks_08_19_16_00020.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	840.3 KB 
ID:	385497

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Remarks_08_19_16_00043.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	422.5 KB 
ID:	385498
    I needed that. Thank you.

  15. #3215
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    I'm offended because:

    A) That feigned shock in the review indicates that Lou had never heard of a ski that's around a decade old at least at this point, which is just a good reminder of how cloistered some outlets' views of the industry are.

    and

    B) Because they claim that my favorite "tight trees and quick turns" ski is not good at those very things I love it for.

    Lord help us all.
    This basically. Really weird review, and comment. Have to say the new wildsnow is worse - old wildsnow was best when it was in the weeds on tech stuff. A couple sentences on some random skis? Nothing lasts forever.

  16. #3216
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    959
    FYI, our Voyager XII and XVI bindings FINALLY showed up from Italy.

    For those that have ordered you will start seeing tracking information this week.

    Thanks for your patience.

  17. #3217
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,290
    first Nipplegate, now D-wish-gate?

    The level of idiocy and faux political correctness that is required to take offence at that name (seemingly without even understanding where it came from), while seemingly trying to distance oneself from "“sensitivity” language policing" as Lou puts it - is simply staggering.

    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Mmmmmmmmm...DEATHWISH!
    Fuck yes!!! Killer pics - that looks soooo fun

  18. #3218
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hell Track
    Posts
    10,948
    If Moment offered some super secret special order Dickwish stickers, I'd have to buy some. Just sayin.

  19. #3219
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,005
    I think I heard something on blister about the rumored Ryan gosling pro model being called the dickwish. Melee would have to confirm. Also I think the 104 might be called the depthwish.

    666, that top pic is

  20. #3220
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    I think I heard something on blister about the rumored Ryan gosling pro model being called the dickwish. Melee would have to confirm. Also I think the 104 might be called the depthwish.

    666, that top pic is
    No comment.

    Name:  Drive-RyanGosling-HollywoodEnglishActionMovie2011Poster_5afd5ebd-c0da-4887-9fbc-4b899bad3e29750.jpg
Views: 460
Size:  275.7 KB

  21. #3221
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,005
    That poster is just begging for max to go at it.

  22. #3222
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    298
    Just wondering if this is a typo...

    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-09-16 at 23.51.53.png
Views: 496
Size:  86.8 KB

  23. #3223
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    1,656
    Welp, by this logic there should be a 210cm super commander Ö for size queens


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  24. #3224
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    20 years too late
    Posts
    3,805
    fuck yes! just placed my order for some DW104s. could not be more stoked.
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

  25. #3225
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Tell me you're out of touch in the ski world without telling me you're out of touch in the ski world. That was the most Lou Dawson thing ever.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •