Page 29 of 241 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Newc View Post
    Certainly did - and it was a solid review.

Really, it is a question of which one I want to go for - both have pros and cons. I'm about 5'10"-5'11" and 170-180 lbs, so 184 probably makes more sense for me, given my weight and height.
    I would go with the 184cm if you're questioning it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newc View Post
    Certainly did - and it was a solid review.

Really, it is a question of which one I want to go for - both have pros and cons. I'm about 5'10"-5'11" and 170-180 lbs, so 184 probably makes more sense for me, given my weight and height.
    After stressing way too long, I went 174 - I know wicked uncool here, but I felt my previous Moments @ 178-182 were more than plenty @ 145#.

Trigger just pulled on some 190 Wildcat 108’s. I’ve been riding nothing but ON3P for the last several years (5 pairs), but have always paid attention here too. There’s just something about this ski though, that speaks to me. Hopes are high, we shall see.

Branching out out in the quiver since my DD spot is open. Deep snow is more than covered. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Anyone have experience with G3 skins and Meridians (non-Tour version)? I’m thinking the G3 tip attachment will work with the slanted tips but hard to find any definitive proof.

Also, am I correct in assuming the standard BD tip loops won’t be big enough for the Meridians (meaning I’d have to get the oversized tip loops separately)?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I could've sworn I saw a photo a while back with G3 alpinist skins on regular meridians, but can't find it now.

For tip loop skins, Contour Hybrid Variocut are a pretty good option, and come with all loop sizes.

NewC - i'm your height and weight and ski the 190 in the heavier, older version (2012 i think?). Will buy another. If you wanna charge on it go 190, if you wanna play on em go 184. Only chiming in cus a few years ago I though I had to ask and the 190 was the size for me

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Tour sizing is a little funny because of the the fishtail.

The Deathwish Tour and Deathwish have the exact same rocker profile, effective edge, etc. If you measure the Deathwish base material flat its 184cm, the Deathwith Tour 184 will be about a cm shorter. That fishtail material is removed from the 184cm length but does effect any of the key ski geometry, so in our minds, its still a 184cm.
    Yeah, I realize you always measured skis by base material flat, and actual ski length was a bit shorter due to rockers. That's why I asked, because blister usually measures length from tip to tail and this time they said it's 183.4 at 184 size, while, for example, my wildcats 108 tour are 180.5 at 184 size. So I guess this time Cy just measured them differently and from your side you haven't changed anything regarding length, right?

sruffian - appreciate the assistance!

After crunching the numbers, this morning: my height is 180.5cm (weight, as of this morning, 182lbs); the 184 Wildcat is 181.6cm (tip to tail); the 190 Wildcat is 187.7cm (tip to tail). (Of course, I understand there are other relevant numbers out there).

I tested the Nordica Enforcer Free, which comes in at 184.5cm (tip to tail), which I did not find unwieldy.

Really, it all boils down to preference - and I hate making a call on that basis!

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Yeah, I realize you always measured skis by base material flat, and actual ski length was a bit shorter due to rockers. That's why I asked, because blister usually measures length from tip to tail and this time they said it's 183.4 at 184 size, while, for example, my wildcats 108 tour are 180.5 at 184 size. So I guess this time Cy just measured them differently and from your side you haven't changed anything regarding length, right?
    Cy just measured them differently.

Flat the Deathwish Tour 184 is probably 183cm due to the fishtail.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    I could've sworn I saw a photo a while back with G3 alpinist skins on regular meridians, but can't find it now.

For tip loop skins, Contour Hybrid Variocut are a pretty good option, and come with all loop sizes.
    You can also run G3 skins and just not use the tail clip. Tail clips are for wimps anyways....

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    NewC ... If you wanna charge on it go 190, if you wanna play on em go 184...
    ^ what SRUFFIAN said!

I am 5'10" 180 and I had a blast on the 184 in all conditions. Dead easy and fun to ski, though every once in a while in deep pow I'd tip dive some. Decided to switch to the 190 to charge steeper and deeper lines, which it definitely does. I feel that you need to be on your game bit more with the 190 (no lazy back seat which you can get away with on the 184). I feel that it would not be insane to have both the 184 and the 190 in the quiver and I'd consider that if I did not also love the 184 Deathwish.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    First post, great handle
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by beachbumnc View Post
    Right Behind you. Got to have them. After spending this past season on Commander 108s, I have to have a pair of Cats for deeper days. Stiked

Hard to believe back in the day I thought a ski was a ski. First week on the Moments and it was done.
    That's awesome to hear. I don't know what I'm gonna do with myself until winter...

Quote Originally Posted by Coño Frío View Post
    ^ what SRUFFIAN said!

I am 5'10" 180 and I had a blast on the 184 in all conditions. Dead easy and fun to ski, though every once in a while in deep pow I'd tip dive some. Decided to switch to the 190 to charge steeper and deeper lines, which it definitely does. I feel that you need to be on your game bit more with the 190 (no lazy back seat which you can get away with on the 184). I feel that it would not be insane to have both the 184 and the 190 in the quiver and I'd consider that if I did not also love the 184 Deathwish.
    Did switching to the 190 fix your tip five issues? I had a 184 and had a lot of tip dive.

As feedback I wouldn’t be as quick to recommend the 184. I picked up a 184 year ago and it is a good ski but I wished I had gotten the 190.

Tip dive is gonna depend on a lot more than just the length of the ski. I don’t get tip dive on the 184 and I’m 6’2” / 175#. But I’m skiing usually light CO snow and am not a former racer always out over my tips.

The 184 is certainly more playful . The 190 isn’t just longer —it’s a bigger ski all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Cy just measured them differently.

Flat the Deathwish Tour 184 is probably 183cm due to the fishtail.
    Sorry, didn't mean to stir up so much controversy with that measurement!

That review was one of the most fun I've written. It's rare that I just get to spew unequivocally positive information about a product that I really love.

Go grab a DW Tour everybody. It's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to stir up so much controversy with that measurement!

That review was one of the most fun I've written. It's rare that I just get to spew unequivocally positive information about a product that I really love.

Go grab a DW Tour everybody. It's awesome.
    Haha, no worries. There is always controversy on TGR about how long a ski "actually" is and the proper way to measure a ski!

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The 184 is certainly more playful . The 190 isn’t just longer —it’s a bigger ski all around.
    Correct. The 190 is essentially 2mm bigger everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    As feedback I wouldn’t be as quick to recommend the 184. I picked up a 184 year ago and it is a good ski but I wished I had gotten the 190.
    Out of curiosity how big are you?

I'm thinking the 184 should fall right in the sweet spot for me cause I'm 5'9" and 150 lb

Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    Did switching to the 190 fix your tip five issues? I had a 184 and had a lot of tip dive.
    Yes, I haven’t had any issues with tip dive on the 190s. They float like a butterfly and charge like a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by mcgovernor View Post
    Out of curiosity how big are you?

I'm thinking the 184 should fall right in the sweet spot for me cause I'm 5'9" and 150 lb
    I know your question wasn't directed at me, but for reference I am 6' 170lbs. I have skied the 184 Bibby in 12 - 14" of light powder with no issues. I think that length would be the right call for you unless you are just charging open terrain all the time or lots of really deep powder.

Well my dreams are finally coming true.

193cm Chipotle Banana is up for pre-order.

https://www.momentskis.com/products/chipotle-banana

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I know your question wasn't directed at me, but for reference I am 6' 170lbs. I have skied the 184 Bibby in 12 - 14" of light powder with no issues. I think that length would be the right call for you unless you are just charging open terrain all the time or lots of really deep powder.
    5’ 8’’ 200 lbs. Not taller but heavier. I think the biggest problem for me was I was coming from a ski w -11 mount and used to staying forward more. It is a good ski and super quick in moguls. It floated well for me in about a foot of snow but when it was 18 or deeper I ran into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Well my dreams are finally coming true.

193cm Chipotle Banana is up for pre-order.

https://www.momentskis.com/products/chipotle-banana
    Just when I thought I was done buying skis for while, then they do something genius like this. Praise be to Moment, so stoked to see it being made it in this length for big people! Because i think Carston Oliver is like 5'9" or something.

FYI my Ghost Train 194s are now for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Just when I thought I was done buying skis for while, then they do something genius like this. Praise be to Moment, so stoked to see it being made it in this length for big people! Because i think Carston Oliver is like 5'9" or something.

FYI my Ghost Train 194s are now for sale.
    Oooofff, if only somebody got Ghost train in 186...

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Oooofff, if only somebody got Ghost train in 186...
    The Chipotle Banana 186 is better. In our opinion...