Page 72 of 73 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1809
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    Yesssssssssss

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Don't take those weights as gospel.

Most weights on the site are last years.

We are reweighing all production models now.

Hoping to have them updated by the end of the day.

Moment Skis Discussion

I want some Deathwish from there!

Love the Red and Black bases. Sick!

Damn Wildcat 101s too!

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    The carbon base is new!

It's a 7500 series base from Isosport and its so badass.

It's super durable, its dimensional stability is way better than the old Durasurf 4001 base. Which means its easier to grind and make a flat ski.

The black is BLACK even when you run out of wax so the skis just look better all the time.

It's also super fast and holds wax really well.

Bases with sublimated graphics still get Crown Durasurf 4001. It's the only way to do this.

Also, all skis now feature ABS Sidewall from Europe.

The base and sidewall were huge updates this year and we are super pumped on how the skis look and ride.

Regarding the Commanders 118 - It's the same ski as last year but has a carbon base, ABS Sidewall and a beech core.

The Commander 98 and 108 have tons of updates. The camber/rocker profile is totally new. Mainly, it has a much flatter tail. They also have the new beech core, abs sidewall and carbon base.

The sidecut on the 98 and 108 is WAY longer, we got rid of a ton of the taper and redeveloped the sidecut from the ground up. It also has more titanal. These thing RIP.
    Nice work, all these updates sound great. Thanks for the details!

yeah, the C98 and C108 look down right scary fast. The geo just screams speed. It will be very interesting to hear how they compare to Völkl Mantra 102s and Katana 108s - they seem designed for similar skiers, aka expert level speed fiends. It goes without saying, but Moment's graphics are so much nicer than Völkl's that there really is no competition.

And swagger does not begin to describe most of the descriptions of the various skis - funny and informative at the same time.

Is the Wildcat weight updated yet? Curious what those are hitting for the 190. I need to add a new pair to the quiver soon.

Moment Skis Discussion

Fair. Is it safe to assume the WC will be ~150 grams per ski heavier than the last couple years?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

the quoted weight for Wildcat 184s an 190s are up approx 130-140gr pr ski compared to what Evo quotes for the 2020 184s and 190s, so hopefully yes.

Skis in the 2160gr range and 2270gr range respectively seem like a decent balance between added weight and keeping things managable for most skiers. So hardly heavy, but def heavier. Funnily enough, it is approx where 2021 ON3P Woodsman108s and 116s will be too - so a bit of a convergence there.

Official 20/21 Wildcat weights:

Name:  Screenshot_2020-07-29 WILDCAT.png
Views: 576
Size:  14.6 KB

The New Lineup looks sick. Now I've just got to decide if I want a Deathwish Tour or the Wildcat Tour.

Not the biggest fan of the new commander graphics, but dang i want to try both the 118 and the new 108.

Heavier wildcat is awesome!

Addition of Bella in a 116 is badass and having the Wildcat 101 available in a 154 is awesome. You guys just have a way of introducing skis every season that become almost a must have. My wife who is 4'10 95 lbs bought a new pair of Bella's last year that she just loves at 106 underfoot. Wildcat 101 sounds perfect for her groomer ski. New Bella 162 CM & 116 wide might be a bit much for her.

I bought Meridians (107mm) last year to go with my DW as my groomer ski. Really wanted to buy a pair of Wildcat's but felt the 116 WC was just too close to the 112 DW at 112 to justify it. The Wildcat 101 would be the perfect compliment to fill out a quiver that has the DW.

Moment Skis Discussion

How’d you like dem Meridians?
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

The carbon base is new!

It's super durable, its dimensional stability is way better than the old Durasurf 4001 base. Which means its easier to grind and make a flat ski.

The black is BLACK even when you run out of wax so the skis just look better all the time.

Bases with sublimated graphics still get Crown Durasurf 4001. It's the only way to do this.

The base and sidewall were huge updates this year and we are super pumped on how the skis look and ride.

Regarding the Commanders 118 - It's the same ski as last year but has a carbon base, ABS Sidewall and a beech core.

The Commander 98 and 108 have tons of updates. The camber/rocker profile is totally new. Mainly, it has a much flatter tail. They also have the new beech core, abs sidewall and carbon base.

The sidecut on the 98 and 108 is WAY longer, we got rid of a ton of the taper and redeveloped the sidecut from the ground up. It also has more titanal. These thing RIP.
    Stoke is high for the new line up!! All the additions look great, amazing how much work was put in with an early season shut down to get everything dialed. Can't wait to order a pair of Commander 108, had a feeling a crazy update was coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    How’d you like dem Meridians?
    Like them a lot. I was able to demo a pair for several days when the local rep was going to be out of town for a few days. First time on a full rocker ski and honestly I do not ski them any differently than my DW. Great on groomers and fresh <6". Bought them three days before season was cancelled so maybe seven days total. DW will remain my powder, off trail ski. Will be interesting to see how the Meridian handles chop and spring like conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Like them a lot. I was able to demo a pair for several days when the local rep was going to be out of town for a few days. First time on a full rocker ski and honestly I do not ski them any differently than my DW. Great on groomers and fresh <6". Bought them three days before season was cancelled so maybe seven days total. DW will remain my powder, off trail ski. Will be interesting to see how the Meridian handles chop and spring like conditions.
    I rode meridians for about 2 years as my primary resort ski daily driver, they will handle chop and spring snow like a champ. Loved those skis, switched to the Bibby/Wildcat because I wanted something with similar float but more camber so I could pop out of the turns a bit more. Both skis can charge, and both skis can be playful. The meridian might be a hair stiffer, but the reverse camber keeps them playful.

Of all skis I've been through, my top 4 favorite skis in order are:
    1: moment bibby (now the wildcat) - this has a cult following for a reason. Love this damn ski.
    2: moment wildcat tour 108 - incredible touring ski, very playful since it's so light and otherwise skis nearly identically to the bibby/Wildcat, so it's very familiar when at the top of a single run after a long climb, which I'd argue is more important than anything.
    3: moment meridian - so. damn. fun. see my forum avatar.
    4: moment deathwish - probably the most versatile ski I've been on from moment. Provides the most bite of any of these skis while remaining fat. I really enjoyed it, but it didn't have the top end that the meridian or WC have. I hear that has since changed.

Moment just has it dialed, man. I do want to spend more time on some other indie brands like Praxxis, but I think Moment just caters to my ski style while maintaining great quality control. It makes it easy for me.
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    The New Lineup looks sick. Now I've just got to decide if I want a Deathwish Tour or the Wildcat Tour.
    Cy Whitling has a pretty solid review of the Deathwish Tour here and makes some comments on it versus our other touring options...

https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...deathwish-tour

The carbon base is new!

MAD PROPS on adding back the effective edge into the Commander 108. Its reminiscent of Moment chargers of old (OG Belafonte and Garbone) which I love, and I for one like having all the effective edge. Is the tail as flat as it looks in the rocker profile photo? Looks like there is barely any splay.

Cy Whitling has a pretty solid review of the Deathwish Tour here and makes some comments on it versus our other touring options...

[
    Yeah Cy's review was a huge factor in me leaning towards the DWT.

In the end I am very interested in the Triple Camber so the DW is winning out

Melee,

Can you detail or elaborate upon some of the reasons for the switch to ABS for your sidewall material?

190cm Wildcats ordered! Still deciding if I’ll keep my 184cm Bibby’s for low coverage days.

Wildcat with the same core construction as the 108? Count me in. Pretty sure by the end of this season I'll have all three versions of the WC... in addition to my WC Tour 108's. It's just the perfect flex profile for me. Guess it's time to start selling off some other skis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sargentdrufus View Post
    Melee,

Can you detail or elaborate upon some of the reasons for the switch to ABS for your sidewall material?
    Sure.

Back in the day when we first started making skis ABS was not the same material as it is today. At that time UHMW was a superior material.

UHMW still has a lot of great attributes but it takes a ton of labor to make it bond well.

Over the last couple years of testing the new 7500 series carbon base from Europe we also decided to bring in some new ABS from the same manufacturer.

The European base and ABS manufacturer cares about skiing way more than the USA base and sidewall manufacturer and over the years has developed a better ABS for the winter sports industry adding elastomers to the raw material so it doesn't crack like it did in the 90's.

This allows the ABS to be super durable these days and it's very easy to make ABS bond incredibly well with less work than UHMW.

It also has a better finish in the grind room than UHMW.

So after tons of testing we found that ABS requires less labor in the factory, it looks better on the finished ski, it skis better, it's easier to repair if you have a massive edge compression, and it's pretty much just as durable as UHMW.

It was a pretty easy decision to make the move. The only headache is that we have to order shipping containers of it at a time from Europe and the lead times are huge.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wildcat with the same core construction as the 108? Count me in. Pretty sure by the end of this season I'll have all three versions of the WC... in addition to my WC Tour 108's. It's just the perfect flex profile for me. Guess it's time to start selling off some other skis.
    Yup, it received the Ash/Aspen core and all the new skis have the base & ABS update.

Did we already get the rundown on the storyline of our new astronaut friend's travels to this distant planet?

My mythology-fanatic kids saw the topsheets (in my cart x3!) and wanted to know the story...

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Did we already get the rundown on the storyline of our new astronaut friend's travels to this distant planet?

My mythology-fanatic kids saw the topsheets (in my cart x3!) and wanted to know the story...
    Same!
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig