Page 39 of 241 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chairman pow View Post
    Hey Moment mags....any reason to think twice about buying undrilled 2016 Bibby Pro 184? I've read about skis losing camber and pop over time but not sure how much stock to put in it.

You think they'd be a good addition to Bacons 183 for deeper days? 5'11"+, 160 and don't want anything that feels much weightier than the Bacons.

Price...obviously worth whatever someone will pay but about US$470 seem good enough?
    They lose camber just like every other ski, when you ski it hard and a lot. It's not that they flatten from time. My 2010 bibbys still have some camber after 9 years and 300+ days. 470 is a good deal

Cool...you're not making it any easier to resist

Ahhh I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a pair of 184 Wildcats. Thought is to have them as an in-bounds powder ski here in Colorado.

On my wildcat 108s... is -6 (recommender) the triangle with the eye?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cdalpra View Post

On my wildcat 108s... is -6 (recommender) the triangle with the eye?

Thanks!

Yup! Large center triangle is -6 cm from true center. Each triangle to the left and right denotes +/- 1 cm in each direction.

Quote Originally Posted by hot.pocket View Post
    Yup! Large center triangle is -6 cm from true center. Each triangle to the left and right denotes +/- 1 cm in each direction.
    Thanks hot pocket!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	32643FFD-BBF2-4543-AE85-A7525111A3D8.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	520.0 KB 
ID:	302638

Green FTW, pretty stoked how these came out.

Quiver pic.

190 Wildcat 108

187 Belafonte

184 Blister Pro

184 Deathwish

184 Deathwish Tour

Wife's Bellas

Old Tahoes

I've been on a pair of 196 M1's since about 2006, thinking it might be time for something newer. Is their anything in their current line up similar in terms of stiffness and trn rdius as the old M1's? For reference I have a pair of Tahoe's but they're way too noodly for me, but they are also a touch shorter.

Wildcat maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Quiver pic.

190 Wildcat 108

187 Belafonte

184 Blister Pro

184 Deathwish

184 Deathwish Tour

Wife's Bellas

Old Tahoes
    Nice! I’m really considering that WC 108 as a inbounds dd in AK

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    I've been on a pair of 196 M1's since about 2006, thinking it might be time for something newer. Is their anything in their current line up similar in terms of stiffness and trn rdius as the old M1's?

Wildcat maybe?
    Check out the Moment Commander Series, as most include a Titanal layup. Both the 98mm and 108mm underfoot versions are said to be nice and stiff in the Blister reviews. They offer a 194cm in the 108 underfoot version.

Current family quiver as a week ago...

I've been on a pair of 196 M1's since about 2006, thinking it might be time for something newer. Is their anything in their current line up similar in terms of stiffness and trn rdius as the old M1's? For reference I have a pair of Tahoe's but they're way too noodly for me, but they are also a touch shorter.

Wildcat maybe?
    Damn. 196 M1. I guess that's one way to say "I charge harder than you" without actually saying it.

Yeah dude, you're probably gonna want the Commander 108s. Blister has a good take on it:
    https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...-commander-108

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post
    Damn. 196 M1. I guess that's one way to say "I charge harder than you" without actually saying it.

Yeah dude, you're probably gonna want the Commander 108s. Blister has a good take on it:
    Yea, Commander 108 or 118 are good skis to look at.

Also, note that Blisters review is on last seasons Commanders. All new Commanders have received updated rocker lines. More defined tip shape and rise and a lower tail.

All Commanders are a bit heavier due to a change in materials and construction.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Current family quiver as a week ago...

This is pleasurable OCD content. Nice Q.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Check out the Moment Commander Series, as most include a Titanal layup. Both the 98mm and 108mm underfoot versions are said to be nice and stiff in the Blister reviews. They offer a 194cm in the 108 underfoot version.
    Cool, thank you, will do.

Quote Originally Posted by macon View Post

No not at all dude. Probably (without a doubt lol) one of the weaker skiers here. No cool ass pics of me like your profile pic! But I am 6'4" and 250 ish lbs, plus gear which is why (I assume) the stiffness works so well for me.

(kinda funny story, when I was still pretty new to skiing I made a 'what skis for me' type thread. I was on newschoolers at the time... They recommended the M1's and I got em. Looking back, based on my skill level, I'm pretty sure they were fucking with me. But I've loved these skis so much I've been on them for over a decade. Have bought other skis since then and ended selling them and always seemed to return to the M1's)

Appreciate it, was looking at the 108's last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Yea, Commander 108 or 118 are good skis to look at.

Also, note that Blisters review is on last seasons Commanders. All new Commanders have received updated rocker lines. More defined tip shape and rise and a lower tail.

Roger that, appreciate your input.

Since we're quivering (can't find the wider angle shot, hope this will do):

Name:  4134572563_1e20094283_c.jpg
Views: 1153
Size:  135.1 KB

No not at all dude. Probably (without a doubt lol) one of the weaker skiers here. No cool ass pics of me like your profile pic! But I am 6'4" and 250 ish lbs, plus gear which is why (I assume) the stiffness works so well for me.

(kinda funny story, when I was still pretty new to skiing I made a 'what skis for me' type thread. I was on newschoolers at the time... They recommended the M1's and I got em. Looking back, based on my skill level, I'm pretty sure they were fucking with me. But I've loved these skis so much I've been on them for over a decade. Have bought other skis since then and ended selling them and always seemed to return to the M1's)

Appreciate it, was looking at the 108's last night.
    Haha my comment was meant in jest cause those are some seriously badass skis and they would definitely work me! (I'm 5'10" & 155lbs)

But based on your height and weight it makes sense that they work well for you.

How much heavier are we talking on the new Commanders? The stated weights on the website still seem in line with what Blister weighed the old ones at.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    How much heavier are we talking on the new Commanders? The stated weights on the website still seem in line with what Blister weighed the old ones at.
    My 108 194s are 2350 grams each.

Our stash less older son's Meridian's

Name:	Moment ski inventory.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	302902

^^^^

Now I know where all the kids Zephyr's went

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    ^^^^

Now I know where all the kids Zephyr's went
    Yea, last year Luke said he had a couple of pair in the warehouse, I said "sold". My wife is 4'10", 95 lbs so the Zephyr is her go to ski unless its just a straight up groomer day. She uses the older Zephyr's early season as rock skis. Our 10 yo granddaughter is 5' so she gets a pair this year to go along with the Carson's.

Last year Moment talked about making the Zephyr if they could get sufficient orders to make it worth it. Then Luke decided they were too busy, maybe a gentle nudge would work?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Last year Moment talked about making the Zephyr if they could get sufficient orders to make it worth it. Then Luke decided they were too busy, maybe a gentle nudge would work?
    There would have to be some solid demand...

We really do love and want to make badass youth skis but there are so many hours in the day.

We increased our daily output by almost 40% this last year while improving the quality of our skis and even now we have models sold out and on back order.

We are always adapting and improving our process trying to make better skis, more efficient. Maybe one day...

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Our stash less older son's Meridian's

Name:	Moment ski inventory.jpg 
Views:	245 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	302902
    Is it too early to call dibs whenever you’re ready to unload the 130+?

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post

How different is this years Commander 108 than last year? Is the tip rise just slightly higher than last year or is it pretty significant? Also how much more does it weigh?