Page 25 of 239 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Just what I was thinking I should try some shorter Moments.....

Quick props to Melee (and Max, whatever his username is) for making things right on a recent ski purchase where I had some issues.

Good to know that the integrity behind the company is as good as the design.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    (and Max, whatever his username is)
    Hey buddy, glad we could help out.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Perhaps these are still up for grabs?
    https://www.pugski.com/threads/momen...-13-demo.9785/
    Hey, I actually bought that that pair over on Pugski. But if you go to skiburger.com, the Moment factory actually has a few pairs of used demo Sierra's for sale. Newer than the ones I got! Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Melee View Post
    Holy shit, respect to Whatford’s blade skills.

I picked up a pair of regular blades already, pretty damn fun. Thanks Moment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3E9D1A82-A77C-4D39-AEF3-64EB3F716F8F.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	557.6 KB 
ID:	281189

Early May Commander 108 stoke...

Life got in the way in recent weeks but fired up to get these out on some spring slush tomorrow and then some actual powder the day after...

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	282593
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Life got in the way in recent weeks but fired up to get these out on some spring slush tomorrow and then some actual powder the day after...

Name:	IMG_0035.JPG 
Views:	281 
Size:	175.1 KB 
ID:	282593
    I wish you had not posted this, I need another pair of skis like the proverbial hole in the head but they look spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I wish you had not posted this, I need another pair of skis like the proverbial hole in the head but they look spectacular.
    Took them out this morning... they’re really fun skis. Playful but they have a backbone.

Took them out this morning... they’re really fun skis. Playful but they have a backbone.
    Thats all we get?

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Thats all we get?
    Can’t really give an in-depth review without more time on them. But I can already tell I’m going to reach for them on a lot of days next season.

OK, so I have the Deathwish which I use most days other than on really firm groomer days. I find them to be great on deep days. Would the Wildcat 108 be too similar to the Deathwish (112) to make any sense?

Can’t really give an in-depth review without more time on them. But I can already tell I’m going to reach for them on a lot of days next season.
    I've got 3 days on mine as well. All kind of weird spring conditions though. They are as expected, really like them, but waiting until I get them in normal snow next season before I can give a full review.

Also, pulled the trigger on some 19/20 Commander 108 194s! That ski is gonna rip

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Moment Skis Discussion

Methinks those will haul the mail

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Self Jupiter; 05-16-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Jake........... thank you for being such a bad influence

OK, so I have the Deathwish which I use most days other than on really firm groomer days. I find them to be great on deep days. Would the Wildcat 108 be too similar to the Deathwish (112) to make any sense?
    The deathwish is kind of a quiver killer imo. It does so many things so well that I think having it and the wildcat 108 or even the 118 in the same quiver is a little crowded. Its not nessecarily the waist width I am concerned with as much as the profile/flex. The wildcat is a "playful charger" while I would call the deathwish a "playful ski that can charge." Personally I would have trouble deciding between the two on a given day, and would end up selling one if I owned both. I think a good compliment to the deathwish would be the commander 108. Something more directional that can charge quite a bit harder, since the deathwish lacks a bit of that "hair on fire" top end. I was at Mammoth today and skiing fast through the chopped windbuff/avi debris I would have definitely appreciated some more weight/stiffness under my feet. I don't usually get to ski wide open terrain like that though, so I appreciate the easier to ski and floatier flex of the deathwish more often than I need the power/stiffness of the wildcat 108. If you don't need more top end, then I am not sure why you are considering the Wildcat, because the softer and fatter tips of the deathwish are better in powder imo, and it already has a twin and is lighter for doing spins if freestyle is more your gig. I also doubt it is significantly better on groomers. Its all about finding your compromise.

Sorry fer the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    The deathwish is kind of a quiver killer imo. It does so many things so well that I think having it and the wildcat 108 or even the 118 in the same quiver is a little crowded. Its not nessecarily the waist width I am concerned with as much as the profile/flex. The wildcat is a "playful charger" while I would call the deathwish a "playful ski that can charge." Personally I would have trouble deciding between the two on a given day, and would end up selling one if I owned both. I think a good compliment to the deathwish would be the commander 108. Something more directional that can charge quite a bit harder, since the deathwish lacks a bit of that "hair on fire" top end. I was at Mammoth today and skiing fast through the chopped windbuff/avi debris I would have definitely appreciated some more weight/stiffness under my feet. I don't usually get to ski wide open terrain like that though, so I appreciate the easier to ski and floatier flex of the deathwish more often than I need the power/stiffness of the wildcat 108. If you don't need more top end, then I am not sure why you are considering the Wildcat, because the softer and fatter tips of the deathwish are better in powder imo, and it already has a twin and is lighter for doing spins if freestyle is more your gig. I also doubt it is significantly better on groomers. Its all about finding your compromise.

Sorry fer the blog.
    Thanks, this makes sense and is kind of what I thought. I was actually considering the Commander 98 for strictly groomer / firm snow conditions. Demoed the 108 this spring and I absolutely could not ski it. I am hoping it was just a bad tune. Moment has a rep in SLC that will provide demo's, hope I can get a pair of 98's and try them on a firm day next season.

Thanks, this makes sense and is kind of what I thought. I was actually considering the Commander 98 for strictly groomer / firm snow conditions. Demoed the 108 this spring and I absolutely could not ski it. I am hoping it was just a bad tune. Moment has a rep in SLC that will provide demo's, hope I can get a pair of 98's and try them on a firm day next season.
    What was up with the 108s? Just curious.

Also I think the commander 98 makes even more sense than the 108s if you already own the deathwish. I pair my 190 deathwishes with 184 wren 96's and find it to be a pretty killer one-two punch for any conditions I'm facing (add a silly fat pow shape for those special days and thats my inbounds quiver). I bet you'll be reaching for the commander 98s for a lot more than just groomers.

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    What was up with the 108s? Just curious.

Also I think the commander 98 makes even more sense than the 108s if you already own the deathwish. I pair my 190 deathwishes with 184 wren 96's and find it to be a pretty killer one-two punch for any conditions I'm facing (add a silly fat pow shape for those special days and thats my inbounds quiver). I bet you'll be reaching for the commander 98s for a lot more than just groomers.
    It was an April wet sloppy day so conditions pretty much sucked. They were hooky, grabby and did not want to go where I tried to point them. Two runs and I took them off, they felt like a really really bad tune. Afterwards I thought I should have checked where the mount point was. Possible with the demo bindings they got set too far forward or aft. Guy from Moment was doing the best he could but he was swamped with people trying to demo skis, maybe I was nowhere close to recommended. Like I said he is local SLC so I plan on trying the 98's if they have them available next season.

Does anyone know when next seasons line-up will be available?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    Would send them an email (or chat on the website) to see if they have what you are looking for--they are super responsive and helpful

You can email or call us to preorder anything from the 19/20 Collection. A lot of models are actually in stock and shipping now.

You can preview next years skis here: www.mmntskis.com

We are currently working on the 19/20 website. Probably a month or two before it goes live.

Email: info@momentskis.com
    Call: 75-527-1595
    Livechat: Most hours of the day at www.momentskis.com

Wow, talk about quick feedback!

I'll likely be getting a pair of 184 Wildcat Tour 108's for the next season. Not in a rush, but I'll probably be looking to buy sometime this summer.

Thanks!

I believe some of it is out now. Email!

this is incredible - thank you. not sure how i missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by I, the Powfinder View Post
    here ya go.
    Attachment 266248
    Laid ski on flat surface, slide piece of paper around to isolated contact point/area, then estimated contact center.